Tiny Love

22 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And a knife on the wall. The same knife with "cherise" blood in another take. Looks like very violent scene. Angry Mika has enough.

we'll have to watch this clip a hundred times to notice everything. Does that mean that everything has to be interpreted? Maybe yes, maybe no!

22 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, some scenes of the video fit to my thought that it could be his way through and out of depression. Most of all when she blocks his view on the universe with her hands, he is caught and tiny as never before - then he sings "my name is Michael Holbrook" and that brings him on the way back to being free, his expression there is much more confident than before in the video.

It somehow doesn't fit to the lyrics though - I mean, the 'still there Monday morning kind of love' suggests a relationship with a partner, someone you spend the weekend party nights with but who's still there for you on Monday morning.

Gah, it's like :hair: that nothing seems to fit completely! :aah:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, mellody said:

So, some scenes of the video fit to my thought that it could be his way through and out of depression. Most of all when she blocks his view on the universe with her hands, he is caught and tiny as never before - then he sings "my name is Michael Holbrook" and that brings him on the way back to being free, his expression there is much more confident than before in the video.

It somehow doesn't fit to the lyrics though - I mean, the 'still there Monday morning kind of love' suggests a relationship with a partner, someone you spend the weekend party nights with but who's still there for you on Monday morning.

Gah, it's like :hair: that nothing seems to fit completely! :aah:

Well done, @mellody  !!!!

And you are right. Many things in the video are opposite to the lyrics. That's why I was not able to concentrate on the song while watching the video for the first time (this unofficial version) :lol3:  And when people were asking me about the song I was not able to give the answer. Happy song, sad Mika's face on the screen, this huge lady and many other things.....

But now it's OK.We have so much fun with decripting the meanings!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think "Tiny love" is a very special, but abs. amazing, song! :thumb_yello: :fisch: And after reading the interview with MIKA, where he tells about his tour back to his roots in the US , I find the video like a summary of his family life, from old days and up to his own birth and life.  He wasn't proud of everything he found out,  he says.  I think  that's normal, when we go back and seek the history, for  generations 🧐 The video is full of symbols, and seems very intelligent made.  Like Anna, my first thought was about slavery, among other things.  It will be interesting to hear what MIKA will tell about it, himself.  But I do understand that he was very pleased and excited to share both this song and the video with the world :wub:  And I'll be very surprised if it doesn't get the recognition it really deserves...:clap:

Happy birthday MIKA - you're truly the best!!!:yay::flowers2::fangurl:

Love, love

me    

• Like 5

18 hours ago, mellody said:

But wasn't that about the song "Blue", that it's a declaration of love to a woman he has no physical interest in? Or was there another interview I missed?

I think he talked about it after Blue, but I can't find it in which interview.  default_dunno.gif.db77cfff9f410783ec364039ad016189.gif

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 9:04 PM, Loo said:

I saw and laughed!
Will he answer seriously or will he invent one of his usual stories?  :biggrin2:
Which questions will he choose as well?

He answered seriously, but it didn't help much - he talked nearly 40 minutes without giving much new info about the song or the video. :lmfao: So, some things seem to be too personal (hey, I thought it was revelation time? :mf_rosetinted::naughty:), others he wants us to find out ourselves. Basically we are still where we were before - but yeah, it'd have surprised me if he had suddenly started to explain things, that's not him - he loves giving us homework. :lmfao:  Anyway, the way I understood it not everything in the video does indeed relate to the song, but is just the director's interpretation - so we have two stories there that are connected to each other and have things in common, but one is Mika's and one is the director's story.

Happy that he answered one of my questions - although he managed to talk around that I wanted to know why a "female" hand (he just explained the hand vs planets thing, which is pretty obvious to me), and said he won't tell about the goose, but if we listened to his interviews we might know. Now where are the Italian and French speakers who understand all the interviews, can we find what he means? :teehee:

Oh yeah, and indirectly he answered another one of my (and many others) questions by saying it's not a romantic love song. Ah well, it'd have been too easy. :aah:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Irem Aytepe said:

Wait a minute...

Really?

Yes, I only heard it on the 2nd listen, not sure if he pronounces your name correctly... it's more towards the beginning of the interview.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, I only heard it on the 2nd listen, not sure if he pronounces your name correctly... it's more towards the beginning of the interview.

Oh my god! I watched 2 times and I didn't realise it. I'm gonna check it

Edited by Irem Aytepe
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Irem Aytepe said:

Oh my god! I watched 2 times and I didn't realise it. I'm gonna check it

Check at minute 9:18! I'm so happy he answered your question :wub2:

• Like 2

OOOOOHHHHH MYYYY GOD GOD GOD! I LOVE YOU GOD!

i couldnt hear bc he can't say my surname but name is correct

he says: irem eytipi aaaaaaaaaaaaaa but reading is same with writing! ITS SO CUTE! ADORABLE, MAGNIFIQUE

I really want to show my reaction but 

OOFFFFFFFF OFFF OFFFF

i turned pink bc of crying!

THIS IS ahhh idk

JUST

OHHHHH MY GOD! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I lost my brain

I cannot believe this, he read my name

sorry sorry ignore me pls 

just little thing so big for me

thank you @silver @mellody @sara09 i couldn't hear but now im the happiest person

Edited by Irem Aytepe
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Irem Aytepe said:

OOOOOHHHHH MYYYY GOD GOD GOD! I LOVE YOU GOD!

i couldnt hear bc he can't say my surname but name is correct

he says: irem eytipi aaaaaaaaaaaaaa but reading is same with writing! ITS SO CUTE! ADORABLE, MAGNIFIQUE

I really want to show my reaction but 

OOFFFFFFFF OFFF OFFFF

i turned pink bc of crying!

THIS IS ahhh idk

JUST

OHHHHH MY GOD! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I lost my brain

I cannot believe this, he read my name

sorry sorry ignore me pls 

just little thing so big for me

thank you @silver @mellody @sara09 i couldn't hear but now im the happiest person

You need this smiley Irem :cloud:

I'm so happy for you :hug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since there are so MANY lovely, sweet and interesting replies to Mika's last ig post, and sharing and reading all this love makes feel good..

What if we start a new hashtag #OurTinyLoveStories on Twitter and anyone who’d like to share his tiny love story write it (or re-post from Instagram) there?

Also I think it would be nice if everyone will end his story with the phrase “My name is … I was born in … and this is my tiny love story”, it becomes even more personal I think (it’s a @Beatrixxx_always ’s idea on her instagram comment and I loved it) 

Edited by virgi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, virgi said:

Since there are so MANY lovely, sweet and interesting replies to Mika's last ig post, and sharing and reading all this love makes feel good..

What if we start a new hashtag #OurTinyLoveStories on Twitter and anyone who’d like to share his tiny love story write it (or re-post from Instagram) there?

Also I think it would be nice if everyone will end his story with the phrase “My name is … I was born in … and this is my tiny love story”, it becomes even more personal I think (it’s a @Beatrixxx_always ’s idea on her instagram comment and I loved it) 

I think many of them are too long for one Tweet. :dunno:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mellody said:

I think many of them are too long for one Tweet. :dunno:

yes I thought it too, maybe we can do a screenshot of our instagram comment and add that phrase in the tweet? 

It was just an idea, if nobody wants to share his story somewhere else (many are very private, I admire you!) it's ok, no problem :blush-anim-cl: :thumb_yello: 

Edited by virgi
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, virgi said:

yes I thought it too, maybe we can do a screenshot of our instagram comment and add that phrase in the tweet? 

It was just an idea, if nobody wants to share his story somewhere else (many are very private, I appreciate your courage!) it's ok, no problem :blush-anim-cl: :thumb_yello: 

I’m very happy to hear that you liked the end of my tiny love story so as @virgi was saying....

We were thinking about doing something like this:

4DD03170-24D2-4BB8-9BF0-96F4B9BD86F7.thumb.png.72a3d3600a62d484977acfd00a135016.png

Tell us if you would like the idea.

Greetings to everyone 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Irem Aytepe said:

What is our tiny love story? What should we write?

I meant the tiny love stories Mika talks about in his last Instagram post 😊

Tiny Love.

Directed by @wizfilmmaker.

Big Thanks to everyone involved! ~
Producer @bonhamcarterfd
Ep @harrisonimogen
DoP Denzil Armour-Brown
Production Manager @ellierosephipps
1st AD Cordelia Hardy
1st AC Oleg Poupko
2nd AC Angela Garcia
Production Designer @luciered
Costume Designer @leoniehartard
HMU Geraldine Fougerat, Tracy Ejuetami, Alero Ejuetami
Edit @edhanbury @trimediting
Grade George Kay @blackkitestudios
Commissioner Elsa Roberts

@kreacher They don't wrote the actress's name.

• Like 3