What Mika songs make you cry?

2 minutes ago, rainbow1Mika5 said:

OMG! same his voice is chilling in I See you and how did i forget Happy Ending? such an iconic Mika song.

When I listen happy ending I only want to sing with Mika, idk its not emotional song for me

Don't forget Porcelain :cloud:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Irem Aytepe said:

My crying song is I See You, everytime I become so emotional :fisch:

2 minutes ago, Irem Aytepe said:

Don't forget Porcelain :cloud:

My two number one crying songs! I can't help it, but sometimes I simply can't listen to them... they're always making me cry. :doh: But I love them soooooooo much!!! :wub2:

Followed by Underwater. I had a time this song made me cry as well...  and Erase as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Starlight said:

My two number one crying songs! I can't help it, but sometimes I simply can't listen to them... they're always making me cry. :doh: But I love them soooooooo much!!! :wub2:

Followed by Underwater. I had a time this song made me cry as well...  and Erase as well.

I thought i was the only one who found Underwater sad lol! Have you heard the orchestral version? It makes it even more emotional! 

2 minutes ago, rainbow1Mika5 said:

I thought i was the only one who found Underwater sad lol! Have you heard the orchestral version? It makes it even more emotional! 

The orchestral version is just perfect. :wub2: It's not that I would think this song is sad, but I don't know why it kinda makes me sad. Maybe just because I'm so moved. 

2 minutes ago, Starlight said:

The orchestral version is just perfect. :wub2: It's not that I would think this song is sad, but I don't know why it kinda makes me sad. Maybe just because I'm so moved. 

I think it's the lyrics for me i love analyzing lyrics maybe that's why i think the album booklet is one of the best parts of a Cd apart from the actual music lol.

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Usually songs don't make me cry, but when I listen too closely to the lyrics of 'Paloma', it does happen that my eyes get a little wet. :tears:

I was so confused when i first listened to Paloma i thought she died from the fall but luckily she's still alive so now that i know the meaning it hits me differently.😥

Make me cry, Tny Love Reprise, Paloma. Others don't make me cry but make me feel goosebumps.I remember the second time I saw him live in Bayonne (2010) had tears in my eyes with Happy Ending. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilviaM said:

My crying songs are Tiny Love Reprise, Any Other World, Underwater (especially when I listen to the live versions 😭) and No Place In Heaven. 

No place in haven also makes me very fragile! probably because it's so relatable!.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rainbow1Mika5 said:

No place in haven also makes me very fragile! probably because it's so relatable!.

No Place in Heaven my favorite song from NPIH. Have you heard Mika singing the song live?  

11 hours ago, Mikasister said:

No Place in Heaven my favorite song from NPIH. Have you heard Mika singing the song live?  

I haven't heard him sing it in person of course but i have seen many performances of it live! i love it! Very intimate.I love when he sings slow songs 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 11:24 PM, SilviaM said:

My crying songs are Tiny Love Reprise, Any Other World, Underwater (especially when I listen to the live versions 😭) and No Place In Heaven. 

I´ve got to agree with you! Especially the live version of Underwater is very touching...with all the phone lights going up in the chorus. I wish I could experience that songs live some day! 

I also get emotional when listening to Over My Shoulder. It sounds so rare and vulnerable. And for some strange reason I Went To Hell Last Night also drives me close to tears sometimes. But I think that´s more because of the hopeful message the song has, then it actually being a "sad song".  

I stayed up till midnight on the day of the Tiny Love release so I cried at that the first time I heard it. For some reason Dear Jealousy gets me emotional, especially watching it live. And of course the beginning of the Sanremo video gets me every time...

*EDIT*

Also Last Party is the saddest song I've ever heard. Cry every time.

😭

Edited by TinyLove_CJ

• 3 months later...

Actual tears may or may not have been involved because I tend to really dive into the meaning of songs on public transport (where actual crying would be a terrible idea), but eh, close enough.

Toy Boy used to get me every time. That damn last verse and the way something so sweet and innocent turns into a cautionary tale because ~society~. No Place In Heaven is just as heartbreaking. We Are Golden also belongs on the list, not really because it's sad but because it has this really weird energy that does something to me alright.

Last Party is in a category all by its own - the bitter-sweetness of it hurts, the allusions to Freddie Mercury do, too, and basically, the entire second verse just absolutely kills me, especially with "Don't be misled it's not a twist of fate / It's just what happens when you stay out late"

Also a really mean one? Good Guys.

combining Mika and Oscar freaking Wilde is just a really unfair assault on my emotions. Mika is exceptionally good at eliciting emotions and Oscar Wilde's fairy tales once had me angrily crying in the school library because they're so beautiful and so viscerally unfair (and then I had to awkwardly sneak past the librarian because I didn't want to explain that, no, I didn't have relationship troubles, I just got emotionally compromised by short stories written by some long-dead jackass with amazing hair), so basically he was just as good at doing the emotion thing as Mika is now. Combine the two, and you end up with a refrain that makes me both almost cry and REALLY want to sing along at full tilt, which is a very particular emotion I never would have expected to experience, lol.

There are probably more examples. but those should be the major ones I think. Mika's good at eliciting emotions, his songs are frequently a lot more relatable to me than the average pop ditty, and I may not cry, but I sure do get emotional a fair bit, ha.

• Like 6

Paloma. Every. Damn. Time.

”My Paloma, where is a broken dove to go?
Oh Paloma, if only you had let me know
Was it joy or sadness that you felt on the night you flew?
I found you fighting in the darkness
There was beauty in there, too”

Edited by wiredbycoffee
  • Like 1