Mika, the masked singer

kreacher

11 hours ago, mellody said:

This week however, I could imagine it's him. https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/mask-singer/videos/mask-singer-croco-chante-fan-de-pascal-obispo-75606839.html 

a piano that starts flying? Magic piano? That piano thing really looks like Mika's idea, and also sometimes the voice sounds like him. So hard to tell when it's distorted, pfft!

How long does this show go, and is there a winner or is it just for fun?

If the crocodile loses his battles several times we might get to see his face next week but it depends on the votes. There will be a winner (the one keeping his mask till the end) but basically it is just for fun.  There were twelve masked singers. The show started on April 1st. The previous seasons had six episodes. So this time it might be over at the beginning of May. I think two singers are eliminated each time (I only watch the crocodile"s parts :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want to believe it is Mika because so many things hint at him...but I can't be sure...however his voice last time really sounded like his at the beginning of the French song (when he sings Les Baisers perdus) Mika is crazy enough to have done that show and he was in Paris at the time the shòoting took place... 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mellody said:

This week however, I could imagine it's him. https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/mask-singer/videos/mask-singer-croco-chante-fan-de-pascal-obispo-75606839.html 

a piano that starts flying? Magic piano? That piano thing really looks like Mika's idea, and also sometimes the voice sounds like him.

At lot of the clues now from last week and this week could very well indicate that it is Mika. Last week Crocodile sang "Comic Strip", could be a nod to Life in Cartoon Motion, there were also dancing cutlery, maybe a nod to Cooking with Mika. This week the piano seems like a big clue, and it's white! And with the song 'Fan', it could be a nod to how Mika does engage with his fans.

I'm very conflicted with this show, I keep hearing bits of Mika's voice but part of me doesn't want it to be him and part of me does! 😆

(also anyone find the Banana costume a bit creepy?)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I want to believe it is Mika because so many things hint at him...but I can't be sure...however his voice last time really sounded like his at the beginning of the French song (when he sings Les Baisers perdus) Mika is crazy enough to have done that show and he was in Paris at the time the shòoting took place... 

Many hints are for Mika. But is he a morning person? I don't think so....

And when I watch the croco moving and singing I think it's not him.

So I feel lost.

We'll see soon :lol3:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Many hints are for Mika. But is he a morning person? I don't think so....

And when I watch the croco moving and singing I think it's not him.

So I feel lost.

We'll see soon :lol3:

Well he is a morning person because he goes to bed early in the morning like 2 or 4 AM :floor:

At first I thought the croco didn't move like Mika now I wonder...I feel lost too like you :aah: :hair: I'll be glad when we find out :yes:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 4

Where can I see the Crocodile performance,  please? The link mellody posted does not work for me :emot-sad:

Edit: Finally managed to see the vid. if they haven't added any effect to his voice, it's not Mika and if they have, it doesn't sound like him either. :dunno_grin:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 2

little did i know when i started this thread that there'd actually be discussion of Mika possibly being on the TV show. I just wanted one place to gather all the cute masked Mika pics :lmfao:

I watched one video of the croc a couple weeks ago. i don't think it's really Mika, doesn't sound that much like or move like him... unless he was trying to throw us off by being as non-Mikaish as he can? Or is it someone else trying to be as Mikaish as they can?

Isn't the show known for purposely giving misleading clues?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Isn't the show known for purposely giving misleading clues?

If it's anything like the UK version then definitely! Usually there's a few hidden clues that turn out to be red herrings!

Very sneaky! 😄

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kreacher said:

little did i know when i started this thread that there'd actually be discussion of Mika possibly being on the TV show. I just wanted one place to gather all the cute masked Mika pics :lmfao:

Since when did an MFC thread stay on topic?  :naughty:

• Haha 6

Ok, ok, I'm really late to join the party. I actually watched 'Mask singer' (the French version) one or two seasons ago.

One important thing to know:

The "singers" don't sing live. So if you say Mika can't rap that fast in French: Well, I guess if they make a few takes and they cut it together he can. And they do several takes and cut it together. So, people that can't actually sing very well can sound like they can sing. Karine Ferri was in the season I watched it. Everyone that has watched the Voice knows that her singing qualities are very limited, but when she was in her costume singing it was quite ok. They teached her how to sing and which songs she could manage to sing. Camille Combal didn't recognize her (he was the host then of the show, not sure if he still is) and he used to host "Danse avec les stars" together with her, so he really knows her actually. They make everything they can so people that work there don't recognize them (choose a parfum they would never wear, walk differently etc.). One man wore the whole time skirts when he wasn't in his costume to make people think that he is a woma n. :naughty:

The clues were always true when I watched it. So, for us fans it's obvious that there are many Mika hints but for a non-fan not. Also the platform shoes could be a hint to platform ballerinas. Before the performance they also always show a video with hints (I haven't watched the show this year, so I don't know which videos the crocodile has and which are the hints).

When it's Mika, they do it on purpose to choose songs where it is not obvious that it's him to hide his identity.

When they say it's an international star then it is one and I don't think it's a comedian that imitates Mika, otherwise they would have changed the concept of the show.

The judge Anggun is a singer and I know that she likes Mika. I haven't seen the first performance of the croco but since the second performance she thinks it's Mika and we shouldn't underestimate her.

So, with all the hints I've seen so far, there it's a pretty good chance that the croco is actually really Mika. :original:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Prisca said:

Ok, ok, I'm really late to join the party. I actually watched 'Mask singer' (the French version) one or two seasons ago.

One important thing to know:

The "singers" don't sing live. So if you say Mika can't rap that fast in French: Well, I guess if they make a few takes and they cut it together he can. And they do several takes and cut it together. So, people that can't actually sing very well can sound like they can sing. Karine Ferri was in the season I watched it. Everyone that has watched the Voice knows that her singing qualities are very limited, but when she was in her costume singing it was quite ok. They teached her how to sing and which songs she could manage to sing. Camille Combal didn't recognize her (he was the host then of the show, not sure if he still is) and he used to host "Danse avec les stars" together with her, so he really knows her actually. They make everything they can so people that work there don't recognize them (choose a parfum they would never wear, walk differently etc.). One man wore the whole time skirts when he wasn't in his costume to make people think that he is a woma n. :naughty:

The clues were always true when I watched it. So, for us fans it's obvious that there are many Mika hints but for a non-fan not. Also the platform shoes could be a hint to platform ballerinas. Before the performance they also always show a video with hints (I haven't watched the show this year, so I don't know which videos the crocodile has and which are the hints).

When it's Mika, they do it on purpose to choose songs where it is not obvious that it's him to hide his identity.

When they say it's an international star then it is one and I don't think it's a comedian that imitates Mika, otherwise they would have changed the concept of the show.

The judge Anggun is a singer and I know that she likes Mika. I haven't seen the first performance of the croco but since the second performance she thinks it's Mika and we shouldn't underestimate her.

So, with all the hints I've seen so far, there it's a pretty good chance that the croco is actually really Mika. :original:

Thank you Prisca. I didn't know that the singers don't sing live. On the other hand how hard would it be to sing with all this stuff on their heads :lol3:

I watch sometimes Polish version and I was sure they were singing live.

As I mentioned already: hints are for Mika. But watching his performances I am not so sure. Sometimes I say yes, it's him. Sometimes I say - I am not sure. Which is the main goal of this program :lol3:

We will see soon.

I just wonder why Mika don't post anything - even forwarding a fan's post with a comment sort of: do you think I am Croco?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I just wonder why Mika don't post anything - even forwarding a fan's post with a comment sort of: do you think I am Croco?

If it really is him he would have signed an NDA so he wouldn't be allowed to interact or talk in any way at all about the Maksed Singer, including reacting to tweets. At least that's how it works for the UK version.

• Like 3

Thanks @Prisca, very interesting info about the show in general and how it works. Good point about not singing live, I did notice on the last show that at one point the crocodile had the mic away from their face while we could hear them singing - dunno why I didn't make the connection that it was completely prerecorded and distorted before the performance. Reminds me a bit of my MFC Remixes, it's definitely possible to make his voice completely unrecognizable, lol! :naughty:

Mika did say or write at some point something about "dressing up" - which could refer to the costumes on his US tour, but could also be a hint to the masked singer. And he'd want the promo now, timing is perfect the week before Eurovision.

We'll see, eventually. If it turns out to be him, I'll move the discussion about it from here to a new thread in News & Press, so we can focus on the masked photos here. :teehee:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Thank you Prisca. I didn't know that the singers don't sing live. On the other hand how hard would it be to sing with all this stuff on their heads :lol3:

I watch sometimes Polish version and I was sure they were singing live.

As I mentioned already: hints are for Mika. But watching his performances I am not so sure. Sometimes I say yes, it's him. Sometimes I say - I am not sure. Which is the main goal of this program :lol3:

We will see soon.

If Mika is the croco, he isn't allowed to say anything before the croco is revealed. :original:

Sorry @TinyLove_CJ, I saw your post only after I posted. :doh:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks @Prisca, very interesting info about the show in general and how it works. Good point about not singing live, I did notice on the last show that at one point the crocodile had the mic away from their face while we could hear them singing - dunno why I didn't make the connection that it was completely prerecorded and distorted before the performance. Reminds me a bit of my MFC Remixes, it's definitely possible to make his voice completely unrecognizable, lol! :naughty:

Mika did say or write at some point something about "dressing up" - which could refer to the costumes on his US tour, but could also be a hint to the masked singer. And he'd want the promo now, timing is perfect the week before Eurovision.

We'll see, eventually. If it turns out to be him, I'll move the discussion about it from here to a new thread in News & Press, so we can focus on the masked photos here. :teehee:

At this point, I would be much more surprised if it wouldn't be him, I mean all these hints. The crocodile isn't chosen randomly, it would certainly be a hint to the fact that he pronounced the word wrong at X Factor Italy, "crocodillo", instead of "cocodrillo". And the costume always also has a hint, in this case I would say the platform shoes.

And of course if it is Mika, he wouldn't move like Mika as that would be too obvious. :original:

And what I've heared all hints point to Mika (besides maybe of the fact of the morning person, but if he thinks that a person that stays up late it's a morning person, then it's true :teehee:).

Honestly, to which other international star would all these hints fit? :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Prisca said:

At this point, I would be much more surprised if it wouldn't be him, I mean all these hints. The crocodile isn't chosen randomly, it would certainly be a hint to the fact that he pronounced the word wrong at X Factor Italy, "crocodillo", instead of "cocodrillo". And the costume always also has a hint, in this case I would say the platform shoes.

And of course if it is Mika, he wouldn't move like Mika as that would be too obvious. :original:

And what I've heared all hints point to Mika (besides maybe of the fact of the morning person, but if he thinks that a person that stays up late it's a morning person, then it's true :teehee:).

Honestly, to which other international star would all these hints fit? :dunno_grin:

My heart says yes :wub2: 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

If the voices are so remixed that Karine Ferry sings well everything makes more sense :thumb_yello:Thank you @Prisca :hug: 

Well, she also had singing coaches to improve her singing. If Mika is the croco, he probably had singing coaches to worsen his singing qualities. :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think this hint can be crucial.

How many artists/celebrities are called international star?

And every time Mika is invited to any show they present him so.

Yeah, and which hint they presented doesn't fit Mika (besides maybe morning person :teehee:). Honestly, you need good arguments to persuade me that it isn't him. :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1