Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok updates - 2021

Mikasister

7 hours ago, mellody said:

I think Emma asks why the camel and he says that this way he dreams of a warmer weather. :roftl: And that it suits him well - I think it's a statement and not a question, anyway Emma confirms it, it suits you well, yeah, yeah (that might be meant a bit ironic, lol! :naughty:) but I don't understand what she says afterwards and what they're laughing about.

Well he's right, the camel coloured clothing suits him well. :teehee: Not sure about his headdress tho. Makes him dream of warmer weather, wtf, how much wine did they/he have?! :lmao: At least he won't have to worry about forgetting his mask in his hotel room if he wears this. :lmfao: (getting through the door is a different story... :naughty:)

:italia:

Emma: Perché sei travestito da cammello?

Mika: Perché cosi sogno d'un tempo quando fa più caldo.

Emma: Aha.

Mika: Mi sta bene?

Emma: Ti sta bene, sì, sì.

:uk:

Emma: Why are you dressed as a camel?

Mika: Because like that I dream of a warmer weather.

Mika: Does that look good on me?

Emma: It looks good on you, yeah, yeah.

Afterwards, I'm not sure what Emma says either. :dunno_grin:It could be: "Devo uccidere gli..." = I have to kill the...

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Hero said:

He does know a scarf is meant to go round the neck and not, err, whatever he's got going on there? :teehee:

Hm, now that you say it... I thought it was meant as some belt / accessoire, but it might actually be around his neck, but is so long that it almost goes to his knees. :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, mellody said:

Hm, now that you say it... I thought it was meant as some belt / accessoire, but it might actually be around his neck, but is so long that it almost goes to his knees. :teehee:

Just seems a funny place to be cold. :teehee:

Actually, I think that might be the scarf he wore at the signing after the Sunday concert in Paris.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Hero said:

He does know a scarf is meant to go round the neck and not, err, whatever he's got going on there? :teehee:

You do know this is Mika we’re talking about, right? He does things out of the ordinary! It’s his thing! Although I do believe what @mellodysays is true, it’s just a really long scarf.

I have scarfs like that too, but with me they go to my ankles, because you know, I’m SHORT 

• Haha 6

19 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Another Mika story

260464978_127469909695853_3953695250271652740_n.jpg

OK I'm a bit late but, what is that? At first I thought it was a fruit dessert with thin apple slices and a blackberry on top, but now I'm thinking it's caviar and thinly sliced radish. On a scallop maybe? :confused:

10 hours ago, Prisca said:

:italia:

Emma: Perché sei travestito da cammello?

Mika: Perché cosi sogno d'un tempo quando fa più caldo.

Mika: Mi sta bene?

Emma: Ti sta bene, sì, sì.

:uk:

Emma: Why are you dressed as a camel?

Mika: Because like that I dream of a warmer weather.

Mika: Does that look good on me?

Emma: It looks good on you, yeah, yeah.

Afterwards, I'm not sure what Emma says either. :dunno_grin:It could be: "Devo uccidere gli..." = I have to kill the...

Someone on Instagram said she asks Giulio whether he has given Mika his medication (drops ... I wonder if she means the CBD? :teehee:) - she also repeated something like that in her story from the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Hero said:

OK I'm a bit late but, what is that? At first I thought it was a fruit dessert with thin apple slices and a blackberry on top, but now I'm thinking it's caviar and thinly sliced radish. On a scallop maybe? :confused:

Yes, it looks like caviar with radish and scallops :thumb_yello:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

In the thanksgiving video, not sure if that's Andy sat at the back, but his he sat on someone? Under his outstretched arm it looks suspiciously like a hand! 😅

I thought the same at first! :lmfao:No, it's just that the cushions have a hand print on them. 

• Haha 3

The book on his dressing room table:

81aM9xzKymL.thumb.jpg.13dc6560ef94415f058da53ad6e72ec7.jpg

Liquid Love: On the Frailty of Human Bonds is a 2003 book by Zygmunt Bauman which discusses human relations in liquid modern world. The book is part of series of books written by Bauman, such as Liquid Life and Liquid Times. Wikipedia
Originally published: 21 April 2003
Pages: 162
Subject: Human relations in post-modern world
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Hero said:

The book on his dressing room table:

81aM9xzKymL.thumb.jpg.13dc6560ef94415f058da53ad6e72ec7.jpg

Liquid Love: On the Frailty of Human Bonds is a 2003 book by Zygmunt Bauman which discusses human relations in liquid modern world. The book is part of series of books written by Bauman, such as Liquid Life and Liquid Times. Wikipedia
Originally published: 21 April 2003
Pages: 162
Subject: Human relations in post-modern world

I just looked it up, first of all props for him to read it in Italian, secondly I think this description is interesting and I wonder if he identifies with it, or at least, part of him:

This book is about the central figure of our contemporary, ‘liquid modern’ times – the man or woman with no bonds, and particularly with none of the fixed or durable bonds that would allow the effort of self-definition and self-assertion to come to a rest. Having no permanent bonds, the denizen of our liquid modern society must tie whatever bonds they can to engage with others, using their own wits, skill and dedication. But none of these bonds are guaranteed to last. Moreover, they must be tied loosely so that they can be untied again, quickly and as effortlessly as possible, when circumstances change – as they surely will in our liquid modern society, over and over again. 

The uncanny frailty of human bonds, the feeling of insecurity that frailty inspires, and the conflicting desires to tighten the bonds yet keep them loose, are the principal themes of this important new book by Zygmunt Bauman.

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWv6WWuBgWh/

mikainstagram

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and as a special treat, two superstars came to visit me backstage…. Melachi and Amira.

❤️ my custom look by @maisonvalentino @pppiccioli

#xf2021 📷 @danilodauriafoto

260504929_125751416556304_6547141815381351336_n.jpg

260543420_596990941583157_2976845871386326952_n.jpg

260867468_146655454367373_1839616040774958636_n.jpg

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 8

13 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I just looked it up, first of all props for him to read it in Italian, secondly I think this description is interesting and I wonder if he identifies with it, or at least, part of him:

This book is about the central figure of our contemporary, ‘liquid modern’ times – the man or woman with no bonds, and particularly with none of the fixed or durable bonds that would allow the effort of self-definition and self-assertion to come to a rest. Having no permanent bonds, the denizen of our liquid modern society must tie whatever bonds they can to engage with others, using their own wits, skill and dedication. But none of these bonds are guaranteed to last. Moreover, they must be tied loosely so that they can be untied again, quickly and as effortlessly as possible, when circumstances change – as they surely will in our liquid modern society, over and over again. 

The uncanny frailty of human bonds, the feeling of insecurity that frailty inspires, and the conflicting desires to tighten the bonds yet keep them loose, are the principal themes of this important new book by Zygmunt Bauman.

I wondered the same as you and did a bit more research on that book. It seems this description is a bit misleading in the sense that it doesn't bring across that apparently the author criticizes this liquid love, the goal has to be to get away from it. I haven't read the book, so I can only judge from what I can find about it online, but I think this article might give a good summary of the concept: https://exploringyourmind.com/liquid-love-love-21st-century/ - so in fact self love is the key to get away from this liquid love, and the author says it has to start by educating the children to love and respect themselves - but he doesn't seem to believe it's possible. So that's where the amazon description is right, apparently the author sees this liquid love as the love of the modern times, a sad development but one that we aren't able to change. If I understand it right from the summaries I read. It's quite complex, and I'm also surprised that he'd read it in Italian - I think for me it would be hard to understand in English, and there doesn't seem to be a German translation.

Edit: Thinking about it, as the advent wreath was a fan gift, maybe the book was as well, and he hasn't even read it (yet)? :dunno_grin:

• Like 2