23-24 October 2021: Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris - ticket talk

Mikasister

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Oh lord. The whole process was...

:crossed: :what: :nervous::wait: :shocked: :overreact: :banghead:  :crossed: :nervous::wait: :annoyed_h4h: :hair: :yikes::yay::cheer::whew: 

26 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

You killed me :floor:

It's exactly that. Though I had luck, this time. 

But both got tickets, right?

52 minutes ago, Hero said:

:yay::cheer:

Then it is no necessary to worry about it anymore.  Only worry about the clothes you are going to wear for the occasion.  :naughty::das:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Then it is no necessary to worry about it anymore.  Only worry about the clothes you are going to wear for the occasion.  :naughty::das:

:naughty: I'm looking for inspiration. What will you be wearing? 

33 minutes ago, Hero said:

Dont know yet. Only know for sure the shoes Im going to wear 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

I looked online for some nice dresses yesterday. The one I liked most on the first look cost nearly 3000€. :shocked: :facepalm: Which I find interesting, because usually my taste isn't that expensive. I must've felt inspired by the Valentino suits Mika is wearing for such occasions. 😅

I've bookmarked a few other dresses tho that are more my price range. Got a Zalando voucher for my bday and am in the mood for some shopping and glamour to celebrate the end of this pandemic! :biggrin2: :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

I looked online for some nice dresses yesterday. The one I liked most on the first look cost nearly 3000€. :shocked: :facepalm: Which I find interesting, because usually my taste isn't that expensive. I must've felt inspired by the Valentino suits Mika is wearing for such occasions. 😅

I've bookmarked a few other dresses tho that are more my price range. Got a Zalando voucher for my bday and am in the mood for some shopping and glamour to celebrate the end of this pandemic! :biggrin2: :naughty:

Haha, expensive taste! But I’m happy I’m not the only one roaming the internet looking for the perfect outfit. The other day I was looking at clutch handbags that are fancy, but not too formal... I have a new hobby :lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, mellody said:

I must've felt inspired by the Valentino suits Mika is wearing for such occasions. 😅

I found the "Origin of Love" dress by Valentino :naughty:

1ef81583af773f3469a203421159f380.jpg

81adcd3b6059c41a2e88704386557d78.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I looked online for some nice dresses yesterday. The one I liked most on the first look cost nearly 3000€. :shocked: :facepalm:  😅

:yikes:

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’m happy I’m not the only one roaming the internet looking for the perfect outfit.

Oh you're in good company, I'm getting adept at scanning through the clothing sites. :naughty: I need the full outfit too, bag, shoes, etc. 

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Dont know yet. Only know for sure the shoes Im going to wear 

Sounds like you have special pair?

I'm wondering if the venue will be warm or cool. A wrap might be useful. 

44 minutes ago, krysady said:

I found the "Origin of Love" dress by Valentino :naughty:

1ef81583af773f3469a203421159f380.jpg

81adcd3b6059c41a2e88704386557d78.jpg

Not my style, not my colour. :teehee: But nice flower embroideries.

This was the dress I liked, it doesn't actually look that expensive on the first look, but I can see why it is, with all the lace. I just love the cut of it, the asymmetric and wide skirt, that's a style I really like.

6156398d33d04b52a76dbd28fdaf853b.jpg?imw

Anyway I remembered I have a dress that's cut a bit like that, I'd just have to lose 10kg until October to be able to wear it again, lol! (might be easier to scratch together the 3000€ :lmfao:)

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Effetsecondaire said:

Hello! Did you find a way to sell your extra-tickets in La bourse aux billets? Because the page is empty for me🙁

I think tickets bought as subscription can't be resold via Philharmonie page.

But you can change the name on the ticket if you find somebody who would like to buy it from you.

15 minutes ago, Hero said:

:yikes:

Oh you're in good company, I'm getting adept at scanning through the clothing sites. :naughty: I need the full outfit too, bag, shoes, etc. 

Sounds like you have special pair?

I'm wondering if the venue will be warm or cool. A wrap might be useful. 

They are,  at least for me.  :naughty:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Not my style, not my colour. :teehee: But nice flower embroideries.

This was the dress I liked, it doesn't actually look that expensive on the first look, but I can see why it is, with all the lace. I just love the cut of it, the asymmetric and wide skirt, that's a style I really like.

6156398d33d04b52a76dbd28fdaf853b.jpg?imw

Anyway I remembered I have a dress that's cut a bit like that, I'd just have to lose 10kg until October to be able to wear it again, lol! (might be easier to scratch together the 3000€ :lmfao:)

Oh I love that dress, very nice taste! 

Quarantine pounds eh? Same here 🙈 I’m so happy Mika decided to announce this concert way in advance, now we have several months to try to squeeze ourselves in our dresses! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Haha very good! I wonder if there will be a dress code? I actually do have a fitting dress for many occasions, I just don’t fit in the dress momentarily :lmfao: (well, it does close, I just look like a trapped sausage really...)

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh I love that dress, very nice taste! 

Quarantine pounds eh? Same here 🙈 I’m so happy Mika decided to announce this concert way in advance, now we have several months to try to squeeze ourselves in our dresses! 

In fact it's still the pregnancy pounds. 🙈 ... I did gain some weight during the first lockdown, but at some point since then I became friends with my Crosstrainer and significantly reduced the constant 'Frustessen' of chocolate & other unhealthy stuff, and so now I'm on a good way. The dress I'm talking about already sat tight at times pre-pregnancies tho, so I don't have much hope to get there within a few months. :rolleyes: You're right tho, it's a good motivation. It can't hurt to try. :lol:

Well, I do have a dress that fits. But I'm bored with that, it's the "little black dress" classic, and I want something a bit more glamorous now.
Besides, there are 2 gigs, so I'll need 2 outfits, lol! :lol3:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

but at some point since then I became friends with my Crosstrainer and significantly reduced the constant 'Frustessen' of chocolate & other unhealthy stuff, and so now I'm on a good way.

That is great!! Changing our habits is not easy, but needed if we want to change something, even if it’s “just” fitting in a dress :wink2:

13 minutes ago, mellody said:

Well, I do have a dress that fits. But I'm bored with that, it's the "little black dress" classic, and I want something a bit more glamorous now.

Wait! How glamorous are we talking about here? I’m afraid of being overdressed, but also afraid of being underdressed! We all need to coordinate! *panic mode

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Obviously he didn’t have Mika’s song in mind, because then it wouldn’t be a man and a woman in the dress! :aah:

There's still Adam and Eve in his song :wink2:

23 minutes ago, mellody said:

Besides, there are 2 gigs, so I'll need 2 outfits, lol! :lol3:

Right, I didn't think of that :doh:

I hope the concerts will be recorded, it would be nice.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wait! How glamorous are we talking about here? I’m afraid of being overdressed, but also afraid of being underdressed! We all need to coordinate! *panic mode

:yeah:  :nervous:

My budget falls far short of designer gear. Are we talking refined elegance, or sparkle and sequins? Maxi, midi or above the knee? 

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

(well, it does close, I just look like a trapped sausage really...)

Don't worry, I burst my seams a long time ago! :lol3: Apart from being a Big Girl :teehee: I have some serious boobage to contain! 

22 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

That is great!! Changing our habits is not easy, but needed if we want to change something, even if it’s “just” fitting in a dress :wink2:

In Montreal there was a good mix, and also if you watch Sinfonia Pop you can see people's outfits range from evening gown to fan shirts. Don't worry we don't need to coordinate, we'll just represent everything that Mika is. :mikalove:
As for me, with more glamorous in this case I mean a bit more interesting than just a black dress. Some colour and/or sequins, glitter, stuff like that. Add some bling to it. Maybe I'll just buy a sequined bolero jacket to the dress, I don't know. Or a coloured dress.
Anyway I suppose when we really decide on our outfits closer to the date, several of us will also share them here and then we can compare whether our chosen outfit feels appropriate. :lol3: Personally I'm not worried to be overdressed or underdressed, I won't turn up in a ballroom dress and neither in stonewashed jeans and Mika fanshirt - and anything that's fitting for a cocktail party or maybe a wedding (bride and bridesmaids not included) is also appropriate for a symphony concert, imo. And as I said, even IF some of us turn out to be over- or underdressed, it's just how we are and that's what's important in Mikaland. Feel good with what you're wearing and wear it with pride. If someone who always wears jeans and T-shirt and feels uncomfortable in dresses decides to wear a dress because they think they should, but then feel uncomfortable all evening and can't enjoy the show, that's certainly worse than turning up in Jeans and T-shirt.

I think these things have also been discussed at length in the Montreal, Como and Florence symphony gigs pre-show threads, in case you have time to look it up. :naughty:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

My budget falls far short of designer gear. Are we talking refined elegance, or sparkle and sequins? Maxi, midi or above the knee? 

The black dress I have and that I've been wearing for one of the Montreal symphony gigs was 20€. Calf-length. As I said, I could imagine wearing a sequined jacket to it, but not like rainbow colours, just either glitter OR colourful, I suppose both would be too much. But that's all just me, as I said in my previous post, do what's comfortable to you. What would you wear to a formal occasion like going to the opera or attending a wedding as a guest? That's what I base my decisions on, and even the answer to these questions can be very individual for every person.

Ooh, btw I just remembered I have those suede boots with REALLY high heels that I love but that I can hardly walk in ... well I can but my feet aren't too happy about it. :lmfao: - I've been wearing them in Montreal and they'll surely be an option for October... I have to take advantage of having to stay seated all evening, lol! :lmfao:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, mellody said:

Don't worry we don't need to coordinate, we'll just represent everything that Mika is. :mikalove:

You are absolutely right, I really love this thought. Anyone can interpret the way they’d like, but still have to feel comfortable. 

I had a friend whose father was part of an orchestra and we went to one of the concerts. I dressed in a brown/black cocktail dress right above the knee after coordinating with the family. Dresscode was “cocktail” at this classical concert, so that was very clear and easy to follow.

I read somewhere the dresscode at Como was “creative black tie”? That sounds more festive and colourful! And also like Mika, because he dressed that way himself :aah:

• Like 3