23-24 October 2021: Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris - ticket talk

Mikasister

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't count on it. You never know if you don't burn your cloth being in hurry. 

Especially when your outfit is made of a very delicate fabric.

I feel the same!

2 hours ago, Patrycja said:

my first day outfit is almost ready. Now I have to think what I will wear on the second day...:dunno:

The big question is how to put so many things into one small suitcase :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:yeah:

So now, because of you, all I can think about is what I'll wear... :lmfao: I didn't find a suitable dress online (yet) and my wardrobe offers just a few options – the dress I posted here some time ago (not very practical for a suitcase, the fabric is very light and delicate), a white skirt with a top (nice but very summery and I only have black pumps so it's not the best combination) and black trousers with a more festive top (very practical and simple but maybe not as special)... I was also considering this skirt with a golden blouse I bought just a week ago but I'm not sure if the rainbow colours aren't too much but on the other hand, it's a Mika gig, so what do you think, over the top or not? 

gjsw91d03wb4d0_csmallrainbowcom.thumb.jpg.9ec5e2187b2e5fabee2de48b1c55e70e.jpg9a63tMyIc2DhJakjnKRlLlVVZYqJ555q-1.thumb.jpg.5b84a84832ec5a47b22cdfd301880617.jpg

(There's a golden thread so the skirt is a bit shiny, Idk if it's visible on the pics I found online...)

Either way, I think I need a black blazer... :teehee:

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

All you need is a good hand bag.

Like this one:

:lol3:

Once I found a screwdriver and a rock in my purse. I had them there for a week before I noticed that my husband had put them there:doh::roll1:

Yes, I'm blonde :lmfao:

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I feel the same!

So now, because of you, all I can think about is what I'll wear... :lmfao: I didn't find a suitable dress online (yet) and my wardrobe offers just a few options – the dress I posted here some time ago (not very practical for a suitcase, the fabric is very light and delicate), a white skirt with a top (nice but very summery and I only have black pumps so it's not the best combination) and black trousers with a more festive top (very practical and simple but maybe not as special)... I was also considering this skirt with a golden blouse I bought just a week ago but I'm not sure if the rainbow colours aren't too much but on the other hand, it's a Mika gig, so what do you think, over the top or not? 

gjsw91d03wb4d0_csmallrainbowcom.thumb.jpg.9ec5e2187b2e5fabee2de48b1c55e70e.jpg9a63tMyIc2DhJakjnKRlLlVVZYqJ555q-1.thumb.jpg.5b84a84832ec5a47b22cdfd301880617.jpg

(There's a golden thread so the skirt it's a bit shiny, Idk if it's visible on the pics I found online...)

As they say less is more.

So imo if you wear this colorful skirt you should choose black top or dark green or dark violet top.

If you wear black trousers you can put a colorful top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

As they say less is more.

So imo if you wear this colorful skirt you should choose black top or dark green or dark violet top.

If you wear black trousers you can put a colorful top.

Thank you but that wasn't what I meant, of couse I wouldn't wear a colourful top to this skirt, I was just wondering if the skirt itself isn't a bit over the top for this occasion... Otherwise, I'd probably wear this blouse:

20210529_182847.thumb.jpg.011a97fa2af4f73a9f9f1d2819071e74.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I feel the same!

(There's a golden thread so the skirt it's a bit shiny, Idk if it's visible on the pics I found online...)

Is the skirt as short on you as it is on the model? I personally would wear something that is right above the knee or longer. The colours itself are great, especially if you wear it with a dark tight top and a dark bolero. Just the length I’m wondering about. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Is the skirt as short on you as it is on the model? I personally would wear something that is right above the knee or longer. The colours itself are great, especially if you wear it with a dark tight top and a dark bolero. Just the length I’m wondering about. 

I think it's a bit above the knees but tbh, I don't have any longer skirts than that and when I was searching for festive dresses (not gowns) today, most of the skirts were even shorter (mini which I don't like)... Even the dress I posted here is just above the knees, I'm a tall person. So I guess it's fine as most cocktail dresses or even the dress from the article someone posted above are this exact length. 

• Like 2

I hadn't even considered what I was going to wear until I read all this! I think I might see if I can find a fancy dress since I never get the opportunity to dress fancy anywhere! Although thinking about it, it will be October so I may freeze...

All of your ideas look so cool!🥰I really want to start looking for ideas but I don't want to get too excited incase i can't go bc of boarders closing off etc, although saying that I will 100% cave in and start searching at 2am anyways😂

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Thank you but that wasn't what I meant, of couse I wouldn't wear a colourful top to this skirt, I was just wondering if the skirt itself isn't a bit over the top for this occasion..

Well, I prefer one colour cloths and this is what I usually wear. 

I think that the skirt is ok - better to have colourful skirt than the top. While sitting it is not so visible :wink2:

But as the concert is at the end of October don't you think you will be cold with this light skirt? What shoes do you want to wear?

14 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well, I prefer one colour cloths and this is what I usually wear. 

I think that the skirt is ok - better to have colourful skirt than the top. While sitting it is not so visible :wink2:

But as the concert is at the end of October don't you think you will be cold with this light skirt? What shoes do you want to wear?

I'm just considering my options so far and as I wrote above, I'd probably need a black blazer anyway and of couse, I'd wear tights. As for the shoes, I have black pumps. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the skirt and I don't want to hide it. It seems we simply have a different style as I usually wear colourful outfits... :teehee: I also prefer bright colors over dark ones, I almost don't wear black (with a few exception but it's never black only). 

I know it will be probably cold but if I would like to dress according to the weather, the only option would be black trousers. So I'm just thinking of wearing a dress or skirt instead but maybe I'll stick to the trouses anyway because it is the most practical option. But dresses and skirts seem a bit more special to me... :biggrin2:

*I wrote rocks instead of skirts because of German... :facepalm:

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I also prefer bright colors over dark ones, I almost don't wear black (with a few exception but it's never black only). 

Usually I don't wear black either. My sweater is not completely black - rather dark grey - and I liked white collar with embroidery (it's not the same as on the photo I posted)

I think it's a good option for Philharmonie. Not causal but not overdressed either.

I don't wear dresses or skirts  - so it's not an option for me.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

4 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I feel the same!

(There's a golden thread so the skirt is a bit shiny, Idk if it's visible on the pics I found online...)

I like it, also the golden blouse, and the way I remember your style from the 2 times we met I think it'd fit very well, to you and to the occasion. The skirt is colorful but it looks elegant anyway. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I was also considering this skirt with a golden blouse I bought just a week ago but I'm not sure if the rainbow colours aren't too much but on the other hand, it's a Mika gig, so what do you think, over the top or not? 

It's beautiful. I wish I had the legs for it! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Usually I don't wear black either. My sweater is not completely black - rather dark grey - and I liked white collar with embroidery (it's not the same as on the photo I posted)

I think it's a good option for Philharmonie. Not causal but not overdressed either.

I don't wear dresses or skirts  - so it's not an option for me.

I'm sorry if it sounded offensive, I really didn't think of your outfit when I wrote that I don't wear much black, I just wanted to explain that we probably have different style and taste (and that's absolutely fine)... :blush: 

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I like it, also the golden blouse, and the way I remember your style from the 2 times we met I think it'd fit very well, to you and to the occasion. The skirt is colorful but it looks elegant anyway. :thumb_yello:

Thank you for your opinion! :original:

8 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Is October cold in Paris?  I'm used to a warm October in Barcelona but I think it is different in Paris

I don't know but here October is very tricky, it can be quite warm but sometimes it's rainy and rather cold... 

For the other outfit, I was looking for a dress like that (if it isn't too short but looks comfortable)... 

Screenshot_20210529-235947_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e15afcf608e5f8b6ca0c6516d7d2e71e.jpg

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Is October cold in Paris?  I'm used to a warm October in Barcelona but I think it is different in Paris

https://www.tripsavvy.com/visiting-paris-in-october-4176907

Paris Weather in October

Temperatures in Paris constantly drop over the course of the month, though there are a few occasional warm, sunny days in October each year.

While the city rarely sees temperatures below 48 degrees Fahrenheit (9 degrees Celsius), it also doesn't get any warmer than 61 degrees Fahrenheit (16 degrees Celsius), and the average temperature in October is just 51 degrees Fahrenheit (11 degrees Celsius) throughout the month.

October in Paris is generally chilly and damp. Rain is common and usually occurs at least 15 days out of the month, accumulating an average of over two inches each year.

As a result, October is generally best-suited for indoor activities like visiting exhibits at Paris's many fine museums or people-watching from inside a warm, cozy cafe. However, there may be a few warm days in the early part of the month, a phenomenon known as the second summer.

What to Pack

Since you can generally expect rain throughout the month, you'll need to bring waterproof shoes, a raincoat, and an umbrella if you hope to stay dry.

Colder weather also means you'll want to bring long-sleeve shirts, sweaters, and possibly an overcoat as well as long pants and close-toed footwear. You should also plan to layer cooler clothing under your sweaters and coats just in case the temperature rises randomly at the beginning of the month, as it is known to sometimes do in October.

• Thanks 7

10 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/visiting-paris-in-october-4176907

Paris Weather in October

Temperatures in Paris constantly drop over the course of the month, though there are a few occasional warm, sunny days in October each year.

While the city rarely sees temperatures below 48 degrees Fahrenheit (9 degrees Celsius), it also doesn't get any warmer than 61 degrees Fahrenheit (16 degrees Celsius), and the average temperature in October is just 51 degrees Fahrenheit (11 degrees Celsius) throughout the month.

October in Paris is generally chilly and damp. Rain is common and usually occurs at least 15 days out of the month, accumulating an average of over two inches each year.

As a result, October is generally best-suited for indoor activities like visiting exhibits at Paris's many fine museums or people-watching from inside a warm, cozy cafe. However, there may be a few warm days in the early part of the month, a phenomenon known as the second summer.

What to Pack

Since you can generally expect rain throughout the month, you'll need to bring waterproof shoes, a raincoat, and an umbrella if you hope to stay dry.

Colder weather also means you'll want to bring long-sleeve shirts, sweaters, and possibly an overcoat as well as long pants and close-toed footwear. You should also plan to layer cooler clothing under your sweaters and coats just in case the temperature rises randomly at the beginning of the month, as it is known to sometimes do in October.

So I'm going to buy a fancy umbrella instead of a fancy dress ;)

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I'm sorry if it sounded offensive, I really didn't think of your outfit when I wrote that I don't wear much black, I just wanted to explain that we probably have different style and taste (and that's absolutely fine)... :blush: 

Thank you for your opinion! :original:

I don't know but here October is very tricky, it can be quite warm but sometimes it's rainy and rather cold... 

For the other outfit, I was looking for a dress like that (if it isn't too short but looks comfortable)... 

Screenshot_20210529-235947_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e15afcf608e5f8b6ca0c6516d7d2e71e.jpg

That is just stunning! 
I have a sleeved dress too (grey), but seeing your coloured pictures it got me inspired to start looking for something more colourful and festive! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

No problem.

You asked for advice so I gave you mine. But I am sure you know better what to chose.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Btw, I suppose you can keep your jacket, umbrella etc. in a wardrobe of the venue. 

In the Covid rules on the website if I understand it correctly it says the cloakroom is currently closed. But not 100% sure and anyway it can be different in October.

• Sad 2