23-24 October 2021: Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris - ticket talk

Mikasister

6 hours ago, Hero said:

:yeah:  :nervous:

My budget falls far short of designer gear. Are we talking refined elegance, or sparkle and sequins? Maxi, midi or above the knee? 

Don't worry, I burst my seams a long time ago! :lol3: Apart from being a Big Girl :teehee: I have some serious boobage to contain! 

Well, to look classy it’s the art to know how and what to combine. Doesn’t matter the price tag. I for sure cannot wait to see you all, despite what we’re wearing! And in a way I think it’s the same for Mika, it’s a joyous event where we get to go to a concert again. That alone makes it special, not the clothes.

And haha @ bursting seams:lmfao:if us going on a fitness regime or finding a perfect outfit for our new post-pandemic look doesn’t say dedication to a favourite Popstar, then I don’t know what is!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mellody said:

I just remembered I have those suede boots with REALLY high heels that I love but that I can hardly walk in ... well I can but my feet aren't too happy about it. :lmfao: - I've been wearing them in Montreal and they'll surely be an option for October... I have to take advantage of having to stay seated all evening, lol! :lmfao:

Same! It’s the only kind of gig where we can wear high heels!! And yes I’m taking full advantage of that!! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

And haha @ bursting seams:lmfao:if us going on a fitness regime or finding a perfect outfit for our new post-pandemic look doesn’t say dedication to a favourite Popstar, then I don’t know what is!

Maybe for the meetup we should do a power walking trip around Paris instead of taking a bus, lol! :roftl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I read somewhere the dresscode at Como was “creative black tie”?

It was the dresscode for Florence, and we had also the New Years Eve festive dinner inside the Opera. 

Anyway, I think it's important to wear what suits your body shape and personality, i's not compulsory for a woman to wear a dress or a skirt. You can be very elegant in a suit or trousers and look ten times better, imo :)

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Patrycja said:

what do you guys think about a suit? I have a realy pretty and elegant suit...I think it is :lmfao: but it's pink... nice shade of pink, but still pink:lg: what do you think about that? :das::dunno:

Well, it depends on how pink it is, it's a dark pink or a neon shade? :dunno_grin:

56 minutes ago, Patrycja said:

It's light pink 

IMG_20210529_113439.jpg

It's lovely! :lustslow: I think it's nice to have a splash of colour. Wear it with confidence, that's the key. 

Edited by Hero
Clumsy fingers...
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I have already one outfit.

It's very classical "casual chic" :wink2:

image.thumb.png.49a26b831f7ce3f368fd870401f8e143.png

It's something like this.

Plus a broach and a little hand bag.

And what kind of shoes you plan to wear with that outfit? 

2 hours ago, krysady said:

It was the dresscode for Florence, and we had also the New Years Eve festive dinner inside the Opera. 

Anyway, I think it's important to wear what suits your body shape and personality, i's not compulsory for a woman to wear a dress or a skirt. You can be very elegant in a suit or trousers and look ten times better, imo :)

Oh I totally agree! It definitely doesn’t need to be a dress, it can be anything that is nice and of course feel comfortable in. I briefly contemplated wearing a suit as well. 

The link you posted about “what to wear to the Paris opera house” is very helpful, thank you! 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

And what kind of shoes you plan to wear with that outfit? 

Well, I've checked all my shoes. I wanted high hills first.

But I think I will choose medium high, which is more comfortable and I could walk in the street too.

I want to take only my cabin luggage so not too much things to take.

So I think I will wear these shoes.

image.thumb.png.8125129e6d80e4c5e79e296efb74a00e.png

And I've see in the internet some sort of clips with stones you can attach to your shoes to look more fancy.

Maybe I will buy a pair of them. They are not expensive and can change an average pair of shoes into something very interesting.

image.png.360b4542f2bdacaf77cbee65f1d49baa.png

image.thumb.png.073ec6df6af417897b239934e65c9de5.png

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well, I've checked all my shoes. I wanted high hills first.

But I think I will choose medium high, which is more comfortable and I could walk in the street too.

So I think I will wear these shoes.

image.thumb.png.8125129e6d80e4c5e79e296efb74a00e.png

And I've see in the internet some sort of clips with stones you can attach to your shoes to look more fancy.

Maybe I will buy a pair of them. They are not expensive and can change an average pair of shoes into something very interesting.

image.png.360b4542f2bdacaf77cbee65f1d49baa.png

image.thumb.png.073ec6df6af417897b239934e65c9de5.png

Oh I love those clips! That is a very good idea! Once you have those you have to share pictures, I’m curious to see if it looks as good on your shoes ☺️

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Same, that's another thing I thought about a lot, if I wear a dress, it won't fit into my suitcase or at least not without getting wrinkled... So I was thinking that maybe a skirt and a blouse would be a better option for travelling. Maybe the same skirt with two different tops because tbh, I don't want to travel with that much clothes just for a weekend. Especially since I won't go by car. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Same, that's another thing I thought about a lot, if I wear a dress, it won't fit into my suitcase or at least not without getting wrinkled... So I was thinking that maybe a skirt and a blouse would be a better option for travelling. Maybe the same skirt with two different tops because tbh, I don't want to travel with that much clothes just for a weekend. Especially since I won't go by car. 

I totally agree with you. And the best would be fabrics that don't need ironing :lol:

I will wear the same trousers with two different tops. (I will try to find something in bright colors for the second evening)

Any additional scarf or a broach or a tie would be helpful.

For me essential is to feel comfortable during 2 hours show.

And to travel comfortably too :wink2: I will take a plane so a standard cabin luggage should be OK.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I totally agree with you. And the best would be fabrics that don't need ironing :lol:

Yeah, a suitable fabric is important too, maybe even a simple dress with a "stiff" or wrinkle-resistant fabric would be an option if I'd find something like that but all the appropriate dresses and skirts I have are rather with very light fabrics so I guess I'll take a look online if I find something more fitting and travel-friendly... :teehee:

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And the best would be fabrics that don't need ironing 

That shouldn't be a problem, I guess every hotel offers an ironing machine if you need, the same for airbnb. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, krysady said:

That shouldn't be a problem, I guess every hotel offers an ironing machine if you need, the same for airbnb. 

I don't count on it. You never know if you don't burn your cloth being in hurry. 

Especially when your outfit is made of a very delicate fabric.

Anyway almost all my clothes don't need ironing.

I used to travel a lot in business and I tried to have things that don't need to use the hotel's iron. 

But it's just my opinion.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

thank you all for your opinion :) my first day outfit is almost ready. Now I have to think what I will wear on the second day...:dunno:

The big question is how to put so many things into one small suitcase :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3