2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

As most MFCers seem to have their tickets now, it's time to start a new thread where we can talk about everything else related to those symphonic gigs. Some things were already discussed in the previous thread, but as most of that thread is about ticket buying options, it's better to have a new one for making plans.

Please RSVP here if you're going to one or both of those gigs:

For the Saturday show:

For Sunday:

You can still read the first thread here -- we discussed some things besides ticket buying options, like our dream setlists or possible accommodation. Feel free to continue these discussions in this new thread.

And more useful info:

seating map (categories might vary):

_20210515_123935.JPG.d2adedd04150f7b8f5f

Most tickets are already gone, but there still is an allocation for the general presale on June 8 at noon on this website:

https://philharmoniedeparis.fr/en/activity/concert/22643-mika-symphonique (Saturday)

https://philharmoniedeparis.fr/fr/activite/concert/23564-mika-symphonique (Sunday)

As they will probably sell out quickly, and there will be a long waiting line, I'd recommend to have a look at our extra ticket thread, where there are currently several tickets for both shows available: https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/34236-the-extra-ticket-thread/page/129/#comments

Lottery to win tickets and a M&G with Mika (you have to buy a lottery ticket for 25€ to enter the drawing), open until 30 June:

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

I understand you, @giraffeandy

For now, I took the "campanile" Paris 19, it seems it's not bad.  I'm not afraid of the metro I already took when I was in school trip, and it's not very away from the gare de l'est where I will arrive so it's ok... But I'm also afraid to walk at night for going at the hotel, even if I will be with my dad. You think we can book a taxi even for a so short distance ? I never took taxi before... I have absolutely no idea oh how it works... :facepalm:   

It's not like if I spent all my life as the country girl and I know nothing about big cities... :fisch:

I was also considering this hotel! Looks nice. I have to say that I actually live in a city all my life but that doesn't mean that I'm not afraid walking alone at night. Luckily, there aren't any areas in my city where I'd be afraid walking by day but I'm rather cautious in foreign cities where I don't know which places are "safe". 

• Like 3

I‘m in the early stages of planning my trip. I have booked a hotel room near the Philharmonie ( Mercur Hotel) , but always searching for other options, like AirBnB. 
If none of my friends come with me,  I‘m open to share a room. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gallois Lisa said:

Hello, I have booked with free cancellation "A.R.T hotel". It's apparently a 10 min walk but I'm single and a young woman so I don't want to travel alone at this time.

Could someone who has booked in this hotel or next door walk with me?

Or is it someone who goes to this hotel by car?

Or else book a taxi together?

If someone is willing to accompany me to another hotel, I can change but for a cheap hotel. 

Thank you for helping me 🤞

I think I've booked the same hotel (Art Hotel Paris Est) and I'm in the same situation as you. But I'm also considering an Airbnb with other fans instead because I've read that the location isn't the safest...

If I have to stay in the hotel because I still don't know if an Airbnb works out, I'd be happy to share a taxi/uber. Are you going to both gigs or just Saturday/Sunday? 

10 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I think I've booked the same hotel (Art Hotel Paris Est) and I'm in the same situation as you. But I'm also considering an Airbnb with other fans instead because I've read that the location isn't the safest...

If I have to stay in the hotel because I still don't know if an Airbnb works out, I'd be happy to share a taxi/uber. Are you going to both gigs or just Saturday/Sunday? 

Normally I go to both gigs so I go back to the hotel on Saturday evening and Sunday evening.

Can I contact you privately ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gallois Lisa said:

Normally I go to both gigs so I go back to the hotel on Saturday evening and Sunday evening.

Can I contact you privately ?

Sure, I'll write you a message. 

• Like 1

So I will write my question there. ^_^

Do you know how the taxis work ? I suppose I can book one for after the concert, but is it possible for a short distance, since the hotel is not at all away from the venue ? I'm not very assured for walking at night in the suburb of Paris...

Or must I take an other hotel, more away, but where I'm sure I can have taxi ? 

I have absolutely no idea of how it works, it will be the first time :unsure:

8 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So Alba @mikasinger  I've got my shoes clips. You wanted to see what's the difference.

They are beautiful. Here are my shoes without and with clips.

876795395_shoesclips.png

Wow!! they look great, they look like other shoes, totally different  :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

So I will write my question there. ^_^

Do you know how the taxis work ? I suppose I can book one for after the concert, but is it possible for a short distance, since the hotel is not at all away from the venue ? I'm not very assured for walking at night in the suburb of Paris...

Or must I take an other hotel, more away, but where I'm sure I can have taxi ? 

I have absolutely no idea of how it works, it will be the first time :unsure:

I'm not sure if any taxi company would take you that distance as its not worth their time unless you agree to pay quite a bit more, I could be very wrong though! If you do end up changing hotels its worth asking the reception to book you a taxi for the times you want and on the way back too. Thats what i've done before when i've been to Paris for mika stuff. They usually know good companies to go with and it saves me trying to find a taxi company and then communicating in my awful french!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

I'm not sure if any taxi company would take you that distance as its not worth their time unless you agree to pay quite a bit more, I could be very wrong though! If you do end up changing hotels its worth asking the reception to book you a taxi for the times you want and on the way back too. Thats what i've done before when i've been to Paris for mika stuff. They usually know good companies to go with and it saves me trying to find a taxi company and then communicating in my awful french!

It's what I thought. Thank for advices ! 

• Like 1

A meet with Mika for those who win?? OMG, that's fantastic. :wub2:

I wonder if we also can have some kind of meet with him, similr to the one in Montreal, although with the pandemic it is difficult, right?  :emot-sad:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

A meet with Mika for those who win?? OMG, that's fantastic. :wub2:

I wonder if we also can have some kind of meet with him, similr to the one in Montreal, although with the pandemic it is difficult, right?  :emot-sad:

Yes, I think with the always changing Covid rules things like that can only be decided short notice, if it's possible then. But as such M&Gs are ALWAYS short notice (usually we don't know until maybe a few hours in advance, sometimes just minutes!), it doesn't really make a difference. :teehee: I suppose closer to the date we should at least know if Covid rules would allow it at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, I think with the always changing Covid rules things like that can only be decided short notice, if it's possible then. But as such M&Gs are ALWAYS short notice (usually we don't know until maybe a few hours in advance, sometimes just minutes!), it doesn't really make a difference. :teehee: I suppose closer to the date we should at least know if Covid rules would allow it at all.

:crossed: :pray: :crossed: :pray: :crossed:

• Like 3

I hope France will adopt the digital green certificate, right now I see I need to have a negative PCR test in order to fly to Paris, it doesn't matter if you're vaccinated or not. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, krysady said:

I hope France will adopt the digital green certificate, right now I see I need to have a negative PCR test in order to fly to Paris, it doesn't matter if you're vaccinated or not. 

The sure thing is, there's practically no chance for the vaccination to be needed in France. It would never be accepted by the population :teehee:

25 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

The sure thing is, there's practically no chance for the vaccination to be needed in France. It would never be accepted by the population :teehee:

I see France is on the list of the countries that will adopt the Covid passport, I think it should be available from 1st of July : https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/05/14/here-is-what-every-country-s-vaccine-passport-should-have-according-to-the-un?fbclid=IwAR3Nm_JB-sbTWIijnx3sMxrRJ-3N2Z_n16q8JmcHHXNfYCEi3fU-UyubeWU

I really hope they will join the project, otherwise I'll have to pay 80-100 euro for a PCR test :aah:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, krysady said:

I see France is on the list of the countries that will adopt the Covid passport, I think it should be available from 1st of July : https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/05/14/here-is-what-every-country-s-vaccine-passport-should-have-according-to-the-un?fbclid=IwAR3Nm_JB-sbTWIijnx3sMxrRJ-3N2Z_n16q8JmcHHXNfYCEi3fU-UyubeWU

I really hope they will join the project, otherwise I'll have to pay 80-100 euro for a PCR test :aah:

It is still possible you will have to pay for a PCR test, because the airline could require that from you. That is how it is with some airlines at the moment, not sure how it will be in October of course.

1 hour ago, Presci1108 said:

The EU plans to allow vaccinated people and those who have recovered from a Covid infection the same rights as tested people, so I hope with a vaccination we won't need a test. Usually the tests are free in Germany, but if you need special documents for travelling to prove the test, I think it's not free either.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

It is still possible you will have to pay for a PCR test, because the airline could require that from you. That is how it is with some airlines at the moment, not sure how it will be in October of course.

True, right now there's many airlines that require a test, but I hope this will stop starting from 1st of July. They say this green certificate it's supposed to make traveling easier across EU, and recognize one of the three situations: vaccinated, tested, or cured after covid. 

I hope things will be clear till October, there's still time..

• Like 4

I just hope the vaccines work to minimise cases, and come October we're not dealing with restrictions for a new or even 'super' variant. This is the trouble, everything's still so up in the air, we just don't know what will happen. :dunno: All we can do is make plans and hope for the best. :crossed:

Also - how the heck are we supposed to wait until October? This is killing me, I want it now! :biggrin2:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hero said:

I just hope the vaccines work to minimise cases, and come October we're not dealing with restrictions for a new or even 'super' variant. This is the trouble, everything's still so up in the air, we just don't know what will happen. :dunno: All we can do is make plans and hope for the best. :crossed:

Also - how the heck are we supposed to wait until October? This is killing me, I want it now! :biggrin2:

me too! I'm trying not to get too excited as everything changes so much but i'm not doing a very good job at it!

October is going to feel like years away waiting for this!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Emily2b said:

me too! I'm trying not to get too excited as everything changes so much but i'm not doing a very good job at it!

October is going to feel like years away waiting for this!

oh, yes, it's hard to be happy and hope for so long. to be realistic, that nothing is safe. and yes, I don't want to wait anymore. I need the Mika concerts, really 💪🏻👍🏻🙏🏻

• Like 3