2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

7 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Fortunately there is still a long ways until October. Worst case scenario is having to take a PCR Test in Paris, is what I understand? 

Yes. To enter the venue you have to have an EU proof of the vaccination or a current test PCR.

Well, as I said for the moment the French government applies this rule for concerts for more that 1000 people from the 9th of June till the 30th of September. But it's quite possible that the date will be extended.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes. To enter the venue you have to have an EU proof of the vaccination or a current test PCR.

Well, as I said for the moment the French government applies this rule for concerts for more that 1000 people from the 9th of June till the 30th of September. But it's quite possible that the date will be extended.

Well, the way I see it it’s now part of the new normal. If worst case scenario I need a negative PCR Test before entering the venue in case my vaccination pass doesn’t meet the EU or French standard, then I will just count that as extra expense to the journey.  I will just eat less croissants after my run during my time in Paris: win-win, cause I gotta fit into that dress!! :aah:

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Well, the way I see it it’s now part of the new normal. If worst case scenario I need a negative PCR Test before entering the venue in case my vaccination pass doesn’t meet the EU or French standard, then I will just count that as extra expense to the journey.  I will just eat less croissants after my run during my time in Paris: win-win, cause I gotta fit into that dress!! :aah:

A lot of croissants, Michelle!

Because you have to have a current test while entering France, while entering the venue and while leaving France.

image.thumb.png.be48823454b3ab8f846a6ba6ef528acb.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

That image just made me hungry :lol3:

5 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Because you have to have a current test while entering France, while entering the venue and while leaving France.

This is for when people travel by plane (or maybe even train if they cross the border). It depends on the airlines though. Having traveled by plane myself in April this year, it depends on the kind or risk area you‘re traveling from and on the airlines. The airline I was traveling with, an antigen test sufficed to enter the plane and cross the border and to not be in quarantine upon arrival. 

I don’t want to confuse anyone with this information, just that: this has changed since April, just as it will change many times before October I’m sure. That’s why I think it’s good to be informed, but it shouldn’t stress anyone until maybe end of august/beginning of September. Or at least, that’s what I’m doing :wink2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

The airline I was traveling with, an antigen test sufficed to enter the plane and cross the border and to not be in quarantine upon arrival. 

But this test is not for free I think (or maybe it depends of the country?) And you have another one while coming back, no?

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

4 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

That’s why I think it’s good to be informed, but it shouldn’t stress anyone until maybe end of august/beginning of September. Or at least, that’s what I’m doing :wink2:

This. Restrictions can and will change so much over the summer. In 3 months time we'll have a better idea of what is required, both for travel and entry to the venue. Still time then to get documents/tests if needed. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But this test is not for free I think (or maybe it depends of the country?) And you have another one while coming back, no?

Back in April it was as follows: I needed a negative PCR test when traveling to the foreign country. During my stay the regulations changed and only an antigen test was needed (not free, needs to be done and documented by medical personnel) to travel back. Upon arrival back in the home country, I was officially not ordered to do another test nor did I have to go into quarantine.

What I typed above has changed many times since April! And we’re talking a timespan of only 2 months. Imagine what will happen until October (!).

(For those who are interested: I however did a PCR test 5 days after arrival back and ordered myself into quarantine until my test results came in, because I know viruses don’t listen to changing regulations :teehee:)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

image.thumb.png.be48823454b3ab8f846a6ba6ef528acb.png

Croissants and pains au chocolat :licks_lips:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am very excited for these shows. The perfect way to cekebrate my 30th birthday. Plus it will be special as Mika was the last artist I saw live before lockdown and he will be the first one I see after all of this mess 😀

• Like 6

5 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

So Philarmonie answered to me that everyone can enter their lottery wherever you live :thumb_yello: and they also said you could win Mika ticks and a meet & greet :wub2: but we all knew that already :mikalove::omg_fans::teehee:

20210605_014059.jpg

Did you ask them specifically about Mika? Or did they just coincidentally mention this on their own?

Makes me wonder if they might put all the non-French in another draw that consists of prizes that can be won by people not living in France. This is of course highly unlikely, but I can imagine that if they have 1000+ people from outside France applying and 100+ people from France, they could make a distinction, but I’m just secretly hoping here :teehee:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Did you ask them specifically about Mika? Or did they just coincidentally mention this on their own?

Makes me wonder if they might put all the non-French in another draw that consists of prizes that can be won by people not living in France. This is of course highly unlikely, but I can imagine that if they have 1000+ people from outside France applying and 100+ people from France, they could make a distinction, but I’m just secretly hoping here :teehee:

I'm sure that Anne mentioned Mika in her mail, I did the same :wink2: ( I told them that I'm planning to attend his concerts in October).

I don't know if they can actually see the residence of those who got tickets for the lottery, I think you only have to provide the name and an email address, and only if you win you have to send them an ID copy and your address. But I'm not sure, since I didn't buy any ticket so far :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I'd rather say no

It's a general lotery with many other prizes that the meeting with Mika

I realy doubt than only 100 French people will play hoping to win the car ....:biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

As I was brainstorming what to wear, I think I have found the perfect dress. It’s completely Mikaish related and doesn’t require a filter. A potato sack dress!

I think I would look pretty darn good in it!

837F4483-D51F-4F6D-A703-691EA77DE514.jpeg

Brilliant! :lol3: Just find a clutch bag shaped like a potato. Very punk, Mika would love it. :yes:

I've heard of this, during the great depression in the 1930s women resorted to sewing dresses out of sack cloth as it was cheap and readily available. Produce merchants responded by printing their sacks with bold lettering or colourful patterns, to make them attractive and entice sales, which became a trend in itself. 

Here endeth the lesson. :grandma:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hero said:

Brilliant! :lol3: Just find a clutch bag shaped like a potato. Very punk, Mika would love it. :yes:

I've heard of this, during the great depression in the 1930s women resorted to sewing dresses out of sack cloth as it was cheap and readily available. Produce merchants responded by printing their sacks with bold lettering or colourful patterns, to make them attractive and entice sales, which became a trend in itself. 

I love these random facts, thank you!!! That is so awesome! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, krysady said:

Can you try to check if you can get your certificate on CovPass app? Since all the EU and EEA countries signed the political agreement and already tested the EU Gateway, I'm sure it will work. And since Germany started to provide de documents since June 1st, probably the system it's already functional

According to the website you posted above, my country is already using the system too. Today I've printed the certificate for my parents (they are 3 weeks after the first dose so they don't need AG test here anymore for work, restaurants etc.) and it looks like this sample I've found on the webpage of our ministry of health:

OckovaciCertifikat-2-1

It looks slightly different than the sample you posted before but it seems valid in the EU. However, I think the app isn't ready yet.

• Like 2

@giraffeandy Great, I see you got the QR code as well :thumb_yello: 

I think Poland it's on the list as well @Anna Ko Kolkowska

26 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

It looks slightly different than the sample you posted before but it seems valid in the EU. However, I think the app isn't ready yet.

Yes, probably every country will have a different, but similar design, that was just a prototype. I can't wait to get mine on July 1st :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, Poland is in the first group of EU countries which will start using the international system the 1st of July.

No, I mean it's on that list of the countries who started already since June 1st: 

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/IP_21_2721

5 hours ago, krysady said:

I'm sure that Anne mentioned Mika in her mail, I did the same :wink2: ( I told them that I'm planning to attend his concerts in October).

I don't know if they can actually see the residence of those who got tickets for the lottery, I think you only have to provide the name and an email address, and only if you win you have to send them an ID copy and your address. But I'm not sure, since I didn't buy any ticket so far :dunno_grin:

I think you have to pay with a credit card and maybe they can see the country from that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mellody said:

I think you have to pay with a credit card and maybe they can see the country from that.

Yes, this is a possibility indeed , but you can also buy tickets for other people from different countries and only provide the name and email address of those persons. In this case their names will also take part in the draw :wink2:

Screenshot (119).png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I told them I belonged to MFC :wink2: 

and I asked if fans from all countries could play and they answered that you don't need to be French to participate.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hero said:

I'm sure Mika would love that dress :thumb_yello:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2