2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

48 minutes ago, krysady said:

Anyone found out if the lottery it is only for French residents? The regulation it is a bit confusing.

I haven't found any notification that's only for France residents.

But mind that some prizes are connected with Paris or the Philharmonie place - a dinner or concerts.

And I don't know how about any custom fees if you win a car or a Chanel watch.

9 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But mind that some prizes are connected with Paris or the Philharmonie place - a dinner or concerts.

It's a bit unclear what that means: 

"Participants. La Loterie est ouverte à toute personne physique résidente dans une juridiction où cette Loterie est autorisée."  

I have no idea how can I check if this lottery it's authorized in my country :dunno:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Btw, today I bought a new handbag... The concert is getting expensive. :lmfao:

Did you buy a small clutch or a bigger handbag?

Yesterday I bought a fancy tote bag :teehee: figured if there still won’t be a wardrobe in October, I might as well get a big bag to fit all of it in! (Umbrella, wrap, what else? :lol3:)

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Yesterday I bought a fancy tote bag :teehee: figured if there still won’t be a wardrobe in October, I might as well get a big bag to fit all of it in! (Umbrella, wrap, what else? :lol3:)

That's a good idea. Comfy shoes for legging it back to the hotel afterwards? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Btw, today I bought a new handbag... The concert is getting expensive. :lmfao:

I treated myself to a bottle of Alien perfume, but at the rate I'm spraying it around, it might be used up by October! :teehee:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Rather a small one (but not too small):

20210603_181432.thumb.jpg.4a2fb7ff550543b8f56b0c3259f2bc1f.jpg

I have a couple of nice handbags, even smaller ones but none of them is an "evening envelope clutch" (actually I have a very old one but some rhinestones are missing and you can only wear it in your hand which is quite impractical, I prefer cross body bags). And I thought that a metallic handbag makes even an "ordinary" outfit more fancy. :teehee: And I can wear the same accessories on both evenings.

Of course this one wouldn't fit to the "golden" outfit which I considered earlier but then I thought it might be a bit too summery after all... And in case of bad weather, I might consider wearing black trousers with some more festive top. Also, I'm still considering buying that purple dress with long sleeves I posted earlier. 

Btw, do you think that half open pumps with low heels (as a tall person I don't like high heels :biggrin2:) are suitable? Something like this (I didn't find the same I have, these are a bit different but the shoe type is the same):

1066143075_obrzek_2021-06-03_182310.png.da472afa9822b1bf66e3ba02e5d86244.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, krysady said:

Anyone found out if the lottery it is only for French residents? The regulation it is a bit confusing.

I think this might be the best way to find out, maybe someone who speaks French can write or call?

Pour toute question, n’hésitez pas à nous contacter par téléphone au 01 72 69 42 10

Ou à nous écrire à l’adresse suivante : loterie@philharmoniedeparis.fr

14 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I have a couple of nice handbags, even smaller ones but none of them is an "evening envelope clutch" (actually I have a very old one but some rhinestones are missing and you can only wear it in your hand which is quite impractical, I prefer cross body bags). And I thought that a metallic handbag makes even an "ordinary" outfit more fancy. :teehee: And I can wear the same accessories on both evenings.

Of course this one wouldn't fit to the "golden" outfit which I considered earlier but then I thought it might be a bit too summery after all... And in case of bad weather, I might consider wearing black trousers with some more festive top. Also, I'm still considering buying that purple dress with long sleeves I posted earlier. 

Btw, do you think that half open pumps with low heels (as a tall person I don't like high heels :biggrin2:) are suitable? Something like this (I didn't find the same I have, these are a bit different but the shoe type is the same):

I love the handbag!! I was totally overwhelmed when I was looking at (clutch) handbags, this one looks very nice and festive though. 

The pumps are great! They are neutral and can go with any outfit. Are yours black like on the picture? Sometimes black looks too stern with colourful outfits, imo, unless you also wear something black (like pants). You could go with some colour there, or maybe a nude colour. 

How tall are you if I may ask? I’m going to wear my 10cm heels, but I’m so short you still wouldn’t see me even if I would wear them :lol3: (I’m 1.60m)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Imagine you win the car and you go “no, I will give the car back, I want a meeting with Mika!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I love the handbag!! I was totally overwhelmed when I was looking at (clutch) handbags, this one looks very nice and festive though. 

The pumps are great! They are neutral and can go with any outfit. Are yours black like on the picture? Sometimes black looks too stern with colourful outfits, imo, unless you also wear something black (like pants). You could go with some colour there, or maybe a nude colour. 

How tall are you if I may ask? I’m going to wear my 10cm heels, but I’m so short you still wouldn’t see me even if I would wear them :lol3: (I’m 1.60m)

Thank you, it was also on sale so that made the decision a bit easier... :lmfao: 

Yes, they are black too, only the leather on the picture looks like suede (if I see it right) and mine aren't suede. I'm about 178 cm. 

Tbh, I don't wear pumps often so I don't want to buy new shoes just because of the colour... :teehee: So I hope black is fine. 

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 5:47 AM, Mikasister said:

A meet with Mika for those who win?? OMG, that's fantastic. :wub2:

I wonder if we also can have some kind of meet with him, similr to the one in Montreal, although with the pandemic it is difficult, right?  :emot-sad:

The pandemic is one issue, but Mika's schedule is another, and one we may not be able to get around. Paris is always so busy for him, so many people demanding his time and attention. We'll ask about an MFC Meet & Greet, but as @mellody already noted, they are always arranged at the very last-minute. The one at the Montreal symphonic concerts happened like this:

Me to Mika's Team in the weeks leading up to the concerts: There will be a hundred MFCers from all over the world, do you think we might get a short meet & greet?

Mika's Team: We'll see.

Concert Week:

Day 1: Nothing
Day 2: Nothing

Day 3: As I'm eating dinner about an hour before the concert, my phone rings. "OK, we can do it."  :shocked: I spent the next hour scrambling, trying to contact everyone to let them know where and when the meet would happen. We assembled after the magnificent last concert and had a lovely what? 15 or 20 minutes with Mika. And that was it. That's why it's important to add your name to the RSVP list if you're going, so I know who to look for if something like this does happen.

There's never any guarantees, but we live in hope!

• Like 21
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

The pandemic is one issue, but Mika's schedule is another, and one we may not be able to get around. Paris is always so busy for him, so many people demanding his time and attention. We'll ask about an MFC Meet & Greet, but as @mellody already noted, they are always arranged at the very last-minute. The one at the Montreal symphonic concerts happened like this:

Me to Mika's Team in the weeks leading up to the concerts: There will be a hundred MFCers from all over the world, do you think we might get a short meet & greet?

Mika's Team: We'll see.

Concert Week:

Day 1: Nothing
Day 2: Nothing

Day 3: As I'm eating dinner about an hour before the concert, my phone rings. "OK, we can do it."  :shocked: I spent the next hour scrambling, trying to contact everyone to let them know where and when the meet would happen. We assembled after the magnificent last concert and had a lovely what? 15 or 20 minutes with Mika. And that was it. That's why it's important to add your name to the RSVP list if you're going, so I know who to look for if something like this does happen.

There's never any guarantees, but we live in hope!

Thanks so much for the explanation, Deb! :flowers2:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I think this might be the best way to find out, maybe someone who speaks French can write or call?

Pour toute question, n’hésitez pas à nous contacter par téléphone au 01 72 69 42 10

I sent them an email, they answered with a quote from their regulation, I told them it's unclear and I need more details and now I'm waiting :wait:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

True, and I remember some MFCers were very disappointed because they only attended the first 2 gigs and the meeting happened after the 3rd. :(

But as you can see from Deb's description, we had no chance to influence that. :dunno:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

That's a lovely bag, and the shoes are classic, they would match a lot of outfits, particularly if you go for trousers. :thumb_yello:

On a related note, it's a shame we can't all turn up carrying Valentino tote bags, like the one in his insta post. :teehee: 

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, mellody said:

True, and I remember some MFCers were very disappointed because they only attended the first 2 gigs and the meeting happened after the 3rd. :(

But as you can see from Deb's description, we had no chance to influence that. :dunno:

I'm practically 100% certain that if there's one M&G, it will be the sunday, the day I will not be there. It's always like that, I had too much luck in 2010, now I pay it :lol3:

Honestly I struggle just for not waiting too much this concert in case of covid difficulties. For the moment, I just hope the pandemia will not worsening in october nd until I know I can go, it's difficult to control my emotions between intense joy and fear of being disappointed in case it's not possible to make concerts at that time. M&G aren't even in my mind for now... 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

I can send a mail if you tell me exactly what you want to know

Can't phone because it's gonna be closed when I come back home

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, carafon said:

I can send a mail if you tell me exactly what you want to know

Can't phone because it's gonna be closed when I come back home

The problem is that we don't know if only France residents can participate in drawing prizes.

For sure we all can buy tickets as a sort of donation.

But what if the winner is from US or Romania or... Poland?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, krysady said:

This is the first answer they gave me, then I asked more details but I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow, it's late now:

20210603_225909.jpg

20210603_225924.jpg

If I understand it right, they're saying it's not necessary to be a French resident, but for some of the prizes you need to come to the Philharmonie (of course you do, if you win a M&G with Mika he won't come to your house, lol! :naughty:).

Edit: I've added the link to the Tweet about the lottery to the first post, so it's easier to find.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

If I understand it right, they're saying it's not necessary to be a French resident, but for some of the prizes you need to come to the Philharmonie (of course you do, if you win a M&G with Mika he won't come to your house, lol! :naughty:).

Yes, that's what they say, then I asked how do I know which are the countries where the lottery is authorized, I hope I'll get a clear answer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1