2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

27 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I've book the hotel the 27 of April :roll1: And a few days ago I bought my flight tickets.

And I am as ready as you are, Michelle :thumb_yello:

SOOOO ready!! 🎉

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

Just booked my trains. :biggrin2: Thanks for the motivation @holdingyourdrink! :lol3:

Now I only need an outfit. Or rather two. :teehee:

Yes!! Good job!! :pbjt:

• Like 3

I want to start booking things, but I'm holding off until I have an update on my passport - I should get a notification this week, hopefully to say that my docs have been accepted and it's in process. If not I'll be chasing them! 

In the meantime I've gone down a rabbit hole of looking at jewellery online.. :doh: so important to have the whole look put together. :lol3:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Emily2b said:

Out of interest (but mainly bc i'm having a breakdown trying to plan this trip) where abouts is everyone staying? I don't know Paris so I don't know what areas are nicer/safer and where's a bit deathy

Some are staying near the venue (I know a bunch of us are at the Mercure Philharmonie), that's a dodgy area so it's good to be in a group. Others want to stay closer to the city center, for sightseeing, but they haven't decided yet where to stay.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Emily2b said:

Out of interest (but mainly bc i'm having a breakdown trying to plan this trip) where abouts is everyone staying? I don't know Paris so I don't know what areas are nicer/safer and where's a bit deathy

I booked a hotel in the 5th arrondissement (near the Saint-Michel metro station). 

I think the closer the center, the safer. Also a friend of mine who used to live there said that I should avoid the northern part of the city and especially the 18th arrondissement (overnight). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

What are everyone’s plans to be out so late? After the concert first thing I’m going to do is get those heels off and sleep! :biggrin2:

Pyjama party! :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

What are everyone’s plans to be out so late? After the concert first thing I’m going to do is get those heels off and sleep! :biggrin2:

Well, you have to get to your hotel after the gig. And that's quite late. Even before the gig it will be already dark in October. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’m curious to see how many people will come and how many MFCers we will encounter during sight seeing :lol3: I mean, we will be all recognizable with the HUGE smile on our face, right?

“Oh hey you! :biggrin2: Also at the Eiffel Tower? :biggrin2:

We can team up and take a MFC tour...:biggrin2: But we would need a tour guide. :mikadas:

nfTH7W.gif.9413c920a1ab1171e53b3486e018f5b6.gif

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

We can team up and take a MFC tour...:biggrin2: But we would need a tour guide. :mikadas:

nfTH7W.gif.9413c920a1ab1171e53b3486e018f5b6.gif

We need someone who is tall enough to be able to see if everyone is still there, who knows a lot of random facts: “This platform on the Eiffel Tower can hold up to X number of kilograms. How do I know this?” 

….and can sing “Happy Birthday” in 5 languages: 

I think your suggestion comes pretty darn close :biggrin2:

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Can't leave before Mika has left. 😅 Otherwise I couldn't sleep all night for fear of missing something. 🙈 Besides, if that isn't an argument for you... you'll finally meet the people you've been talking with on the internet for ages, do you really think that after the gig you can just say "ok bye, goodnight!" and leave?! :lmfao: I mean, we won't stop you, but MFC is more like sitting at McDonald's (or in the hotel lobby) at 2am, laughing about silly things, than going to bed early. :naughty:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, mellody said:

Can't leave before Mika has left. 😅 Otherwise I couldn't sleep all night for fear of missing something. 🙈 Besides, if that isn't an argument for you... you'll finally meet the people you've been talking with on the internet for ages, do you really think that after the gig you can just say "ok bye, goodnight!" and leave?! :lmfao: I mean, we won't stop you, but MFC is more like sitting at McDonald's (or in the hotel lobby) at 2am, laughing about silly things, than going to bed early. :naughty:

Oh I was just kidding, I have terrible fear of missing out. I’m right with you in McDonalds!!!! No MFC (after)party without me :pbjt:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

So glad to hear this. I had visions of the concert ending and everyone disappearing to their respective hotels. Noo, it's party time! :yes:  Besides, I don't expect to be able to sleep so soon after the show, I'll be too high! 

Wonder if any clubs will be open? We could take one over and force them to play Mika songs. :naughty:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Look, there is a McDonalds next to the hotel :biggrin2: but it closes at 2AM, so it will most likely be in the hotel lobby with our fries :lol3:

5A84351A-99B0-41C2-8C26-88DF26D35447.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, pascale_geneva said:

Hi, 

Which hotel has been chosen? Thanks!!

Cheers :licks_lips:

As I said above, many of us are staying at the Mercure Philharmonie. But not everyone, some choose to stay closer to the city centre.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mellody said:

Some are staying near the venue (I know a bunch of us are at the Mercure Philharmonie), that's a dodgy area so it's good to be in a group. Others want to stay closer to the city center, for sightseeing, but they haven't decided yet where to stay.

13 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I booked a hotel in the 5th arrondissement (near the Saint-Michel metro station). 

I think the closer the center, the safer. Also a friend of mine who used to live there said that I should avoid the northern part of the city and especially the 18th arrondissement (overnight). 

thank you both!! I've found a nice hotel in the centre of Paris thats not too expensive but i'm torn between that one and the one near the venue. It would be nice to stay in the centre for sightseeing on Sunday but the taxis to get to and from the venue will end up being so expensive so I just keep going round in circles!

9 hours ago, Emily2b said:

thank you both!! I've found a nice hotel in the centre of Paris thats not too expensive but i'm torn between that one and the one near the venue. It would be nice to stay in the centre for sightseeing on Sunday but the taxis to get to and from the venue will end up being so expensive so I just keep going round in circles!

What for me the deciding factors were to choose a hotel close to the venue (maybe it helps you, too!):

- I am traveling to Paris with my friend. We will be going through Paris together and am therefore not too worried about what Arrondissement we’re staying, because together is better;

- A LOT of the MFCers are staying at the hotel close to the venue and I really want to get to know as many as possible :thumb_yello: (be warned! :biggrin2:)

- Knowing I will hang out with the other MFCers until late after the concert, I am glad I do not have to cross the city to get back to my hotel :lol3:

- Public Transport is not too complicated from there to go to the city I’ve heard, and I don’t mind walking

• Like 2

I'm dithering. :sad:

Central is good for sightseeing, with better areas and facilities for being out late. Plus I'm travelling solo. BUT I don't want to miss any after concert partying or last minute changes by not being near the venue. Ugh. 

Honestly, at the moment I'm leaning towards the Mercure just to be close to the event and to avoid late night travel back to the centre. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hero said:

Central is good for sightseeing, with better areas and facilities for being out late. Plus I'm travelling solo.

I'm in the same situation... I'd love to be close to others but I'm arriving on Friday and want to go sightseeing etc. I don't want to stay in an area where I have to rely on someone else because I would be afraid to walk alone there. Also this part of the city is quite far away from Orly. On the other hand, it would be of course convenient to stay in a hotel near the venue. However, since this is my first time in Paris, I'd prefer to stay near the center and enjoy the city as much as possible rather than to stay in the suburbs and travel all the time to the center. Even though the gigs are the main reason why I'm travelling to Paris, I want to spend  a greater part of the day in the city center. I guess I will take a taxi although it will be expensive.  :sweatdrop:

• Like 1

Just rang the passport helpline to check if they've received my documents and can progress the application. The automated voice said the approximate hold time to speak to an advisor is "over 60 minutes". :blink: Good grief! I'll try again later. 

Edit: trying again. Still over 60 minutes!  :crybaby:  

Edited by Hero
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/3/2021 at 7:33 PM, pascale_geneva said:

Hi, 

Which hotel has been chosen? Thanks!!

Cheers :licks_lips:

For the moment, I booked the Mercure near the venue (I'm not alone, and it seems we will finally be a huge crown to go there). But I'm not sure I will not go more in the center.