2022 - Mika @ Caribana Festival, Crans-près-Céligny, Switzerland - 16 June

Prisca

9 hours ago, Aki Celeste said:

Depends on how close people are to him, right? I have a hard time imagining him seeing mustaches or masks any further than the people right up next to the stage, but it could still be funny. Or what about something like this?

image.thumb.png.61b477ddb733a6ed67067017d037d3ef.png

https://www.mardigrasoutlet.com/plush-camel-hat

One thing is sure: Mika would notice it from a faaaar :roll1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

he‘s very observant and sees and remembers more than we think.

That's awesome if it's true! I've not yet been my first concert with him, so it was based entirely on imagining what it would be like with lights shining in his eyes on the stage, as well as the size of the venue. If he has really good vision and can see all the way into the crowd, let there be mustaches galore. :devil: Or even if just the first few rows do it, I'm sure he'd appreciate it!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aki Celeste said:

Depends on how close people are to him, right? I have a hard time imagining him seeing mustaches or masks any further than the people right up next to the stage, but it could still be funny. Or what about something like this?

image.thumb.png.61b477ddb733a6ed67067017d037d3ef.png

https://www.mardigrasoutlet.com/plush-camel-hat

I guess people behind you may hate you..... 😂😂

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, krysady said:

I remember he even said he's tired of stuffed toys being thrown at him on stage. There's also a video from one of his gigs ( can't remember which one) where a girl threw a stuffed toy at him and he threw it back at her visibly annoyed ( the girl complained later on twitter).

20 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think all depends on the context.

I agree with Anna. If you throw a teddy bear to him because you think it's cute, he'll probably think "wtf". The camels are a different context tho.

But he has also said in the past that he doesn't like things being thrown on stage because then he can't dance as he usually would but has to take care not to stumble over them. So we definitely shouldn't throw them before Elle me dit & Love Today. :teehee: And if he still sings Tiny Love Reprise as the last song, that's also not an option.

We could just bring them and hold them up for a certain song, and keep them for the next gig. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Prisca said:

grafik.png.b0e583df40f16068807b02b4b3f5f1c5.png

I guess it doesn't have a socket in front of the stage, does it? :naughty:  :teehee:

Oh gawd. :facepalm:

Moving on... moustaches then? Sounds good to me! Although we might have to mix things up, there's been talk of taches and camels in the Camden gig thread. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oh gawd. :facepalm:

I would actually find camel glowsticks cool, like hearts in Zurich simply as camels. :biggrin2:

8 minutes ago, Hero said:

Moving on... moustaches then? Sounds good to me! Although we might have to mix things up, there's been talk of taches and camels in the Camden gig thread. 

While I think it's funny to talk about camels and moustaches, the smartest thing to do is probably to see what Mika does during the Rite of the Spring Tour in North America and then take ideas from there? :dunno_grin:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mellody said:

If you throw a teddy bear to him because you think it's cute, he'll probably think "wtf". The camels are a different context tho.

In a way the teddy bear thing would be also a valid context, if we think better :teehee:

7772_519234398192486_2137338004_n.jpg

• Haha 3

In the IG live with Deb he however said he doesn’t see individuals, but a body. Guess he mainly means the energy.

I tell you, he can recognizes faces. :yes: 

• Like 3

In the IG live with Deb he however said he doesn’t see individuals, but a body. Guess he mainly means the energy.

Yes, he means the energy in the venue. A wave of energy. He mentioned it during the MNIMH promo.

And for sure he can see  individuals. Sometimes he enters into interaction with someone - talking to him/her, asking to give him a flag, a toy, glasses ect. I remember watching a video where after a concert he said to two girls that he had seen them dancing like crazy. Can you imagine? He goes outside to meet a group of fans and he is able to recognize individuals in a different situation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I would actually find camel glowsticks cool, like hearts in Zurich simply as camels. :biggrin2:

"simply", lol! :naughty: It took me a while to figure out how to do the hearts with 2 glowsticks, but creating a camel out of them is quite the task! I just tried it with the glowstick stuff I have at home, and from that... believe me, we don't want that. :mf_rosetinted:

What I noticed while trying tho, it'd be easy to make flowers out of glowsticks. There are those round glowstick connectors (I've collected quite a few of them over the years, with all our glowstick fanactions) that you can turn into a flower:

glowstick-flower-picture-id483838161?k=6

I don't know how relevant this is for Caribana tho, it would have to be dark for it to look good, and we don't even know yet what time Mika is on, the last time it was in the afternoon. Maybe it's an option for London or Carcassonne (tho in Carcassonne we could try the rainbow again ... provided the promoter agrees, I don't want chaos as in Bercy again!). And we could always do the flower Anna's way, by cutting them out of coloured paper and holding the phone light behind them, like for the hearts in London. That could also work in the afternoon, without the lights.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, mellody said:

"simply", lol! :naughty: 

"Simply" was definitely the wrong word. :doh:

10 minutes ago, mellody said:

It took me a while to figure out how to do the hearts with 2 glowsticks, but creating a camel out of them is quite the task! I just tried it with the glowstick stuff I have at home, and from that... believe me, we don't want that.

Yes, that is the problem. I don't see how you could make camels out of them either, unless you could buy glowstick camels. :camel2:

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

What I noticed while trying tho, it'd be easy to make flowers out of glowsticks. There are those round glowstick connectors (I've collected quite a few of them over the years, with all our glowstick fanactions) that you can turn into a flower:

That looks really nice. :yes: And would also fit the theme of The Rite of the Spring. :thumb_yello:

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't know how relevant this is for Caribana tho, it would have to be dark for it to look good, and we don't even know yet what time Mika is on, the last time it was in the afternoon.

Looking at the other singers and groups, he will probably perform last, but what time that is and whether it is already dark then, I don't know. :dunno_grin:

16 minutes ago, mellody said:

And we could always do the flower Anna's way, by cutting them out of coloured paper and holding the phone light behind them, like for the hearts in London. That could also work in the afternoon, without the lights.

Yeah, or camels. :camel2:    :teehee:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yeah, or camels. :camel2:    :teehee:

:doh: Prisca, I'm signing you up for Camelholics Anonymous. Dont miss the support meetings! :naughty:

I love this! So pretty! :lustslow:

• Haha 2

I don't know how relevant this is for Caribana tho, it would have to be dark for it to look good, and we don't even know yet what time Mika is on, the last time it was in the afternoon. Maybe it's an option for London or Carcassonne (tho in Carcassonne we could try the rainbow again ... provided the promoter agrees, I don't want chaos as in Bercy again!). And we could always do the flower Anna's way, by cutting them out of coloured paper and holding the phone light behind them, like for the hearts in London. That could also work in the afternoon, without the lights.

I love this idea! Maybe we can borrow it for the North American tour, if there's enough of us going? The concerts in Boston and Montreal are at 8PM and indoors as far as I'm aware... Seems like a nice way to kick off The Rite of Spring. :flowers2: Of course, if I'm breaking any rules of fan action etiquette by suggesting this, please let me know!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...