MFC - get together - NY - April 4th?

Sivan

NYC MFC Get-Together  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be a part of the MFC Get-Together in New York on 4 April 2022?

• Yes, count me in!
    • It depends on the price.
    • No, I'd rather do something else.

1 hour ago, MaureenG said:

A is perfect Deb and thank you so much for doing all this work. Any idea what time we’re meeting there?

Oh, that was the other thing I meant to ask. Is 5 pm too early? Is 6 better?

Deb It doesn’t matter to me if we have dinner at 5:00 PM or 6:00 PM .  I’m going to take Uber or Lyft from  Manhattan over to Brooklyn for dinner and Mika’s concert If anybody has plans staying  in Manhattan please PM me we can share a ride to the fan club get together dinner and Mika’s concert and back to Manhattan.

A! Thanks for getting all this sorted @dcdeb

Either time is ok with me... i guess 6pm allows a little more time in case I get lost in the subway after i check-in at my airbnb in Brooklyn after 3pm, but 5pm isn't too early & would mean we all wouldn't be travelling back to our rooms so late

Edited by kreacher

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

A) $35 Fixed price menu is OK

B) I'd rather do the $55/person menu

I promise this is the last I'll bother you with this, so that we can get down to the business of having fun! :yay:

Thanks for bearing with me.

A is good, thank you Deb! And there's no bearing with, thank you for doing this for all of us! :huglove: :flowers2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I know you all probably thought you'd heard the last of this subject, BUT... I have been going back and forth with the woman from the restaurant and she has said that we can have the fixed price menu, and if anyone needs something special they CAN substitute, but will be charged a la carte.

I have one tiny question: Since not everyone pays the same, I assume that everyone pays for themselves that evening and you don't collect the money in advance like in Paris? :original:
(I should start thinking about how many dollars I should take with me).

5 or 6 pm is good for me. I can (almost) always eat. :original:

Edited by Prisca

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I have one tiny question: Since not everyone pays the same, I assume that everyone pays for themselves that evening and you don't collect the money in advance like in Paris? :original:
(I should start thinking about how many dollars I should take with me).

5 or 6 pm is good for me. I can (almost) always eat. :original:

I have to think about the best way to do this... I need to put 25% down to make the reservation. Then the remaining balance will be due on the night. That balance will change if some order off the fixed price menu and also if we should happen to get additional attendees. So I don't think I'll be able to collect in advance. I'll talk to with the restaurant and see what they prefer -- it might be easiest to put everything on my credit card and have you all pay me, rather than 20 different bills. We'll see.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Anyhow, I'm going to finalize this with the restaurant TODAY, so please lmk either:

A) $35 Fixed price menu is OK

B) I'd rather do the $55/person menu

I promise this is the last I'll bother you with this, so that we can get down to the business of having fun! :yay:

A) is fine for me, and 6pm is better to start. 

NaoMika☆

• Like 2

OK, NY dinner guests! I have spoken with the restaurant and they would prefer not to have 20 separate checks at the end of dinner on the 4th.

So I'm willing to put the whole thing on my credit card (I've already put the $175 deposit down), but I'd like to collect most of the money in advance if at all possible.

So here's what I propose. Keep in mind that I was an ENGLISH major in college, not a MATH major! ;)

$35 per person for dinner

+ 8.875% tax

$38.10

Could you all paypal me that amount before the dinner? then we can settle up everything else afterward (drinks, tip, any extras).

Does that sound OK? Or is there a better way to do this? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

OK, NY dinner guests! I have spoken with the restaurant and they would prefer not to have 20 separate checks at the end of dinner on the 4th.

So I'm willing to put the whole thing on my credit card (I've already put the $175 deposit down), but I'd like to collect most of the money in advance if at all possible.

So here's what I propose. Keep in mind that I was an ENGLISH major in college, not a MATH major! ;)

+ 8.875% tax

$38.10

Could you all paypal me that amount before the dinner? then we can settle up everything else afterward (drinks, tip, any extras).

Does that sound OK? Or is there a better way to do this? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

That sounds good to me. Thank you so much Deb! You're amazing. ❤

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

+ 8.875% tax

$38.10

Sounds perfect. Just tell me where to transfer to! 

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

+ 8.875% tax

$38.10

Deb-san

Thanks for arranging everything! :clap:

Sounds lovely, let me know about Paypal account information. :wink2:

NaoMika☆

20 hours ago, dcdeb said:

+ 8.875% tax

$38.10

It sounds perfect and thank you for doing all the coordination for the dinner get together.❤️

What time are we meeting for dinner?😀

Please send me your PayPal information to pay you.❤️

Thanks everyone.

So... here are the particulars.

WHO: MIKA FAN CLUB

WHAT: PRE-SHOW GET-TOGETHER

WHERE: GIGINO AT WAGNER PARK, 20 BATTERY PLACE, NEW YORK, NY 10004 / (212) 528-2228

WHEN: MONDAY, 4 APRIL 2022 AT 6 P.M. TO 8:30 P.M.

WHY: MIKA!

WP-2021-Winter-Pre-Fix-Menu-1-column-With-Dates-for-website-1187x1536.jpg

*Any substitutions/changes will be charged ala carte.

Beverages will be charged upon consumption.

Prix Fixe dinner is $35/person + 8.875% tax = $38.10

Please Paypal to dcdeb@cox.net prior to evening of the dinner.

I'll put the balance of the meal on my credit card and we will settle up additional charges (beverages, gratuity, any other incidentals) individually afterward.

Thanks so much!

So looking forward to this evening! (And the one after it, too, of course!) :fangurl:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Please Paypal to dcdeb@cox.net prior to evening of the dinner.

I already transferred the money yesterday and used the account where I had transferred money for Paris. But PayPal won't tell me which email address it is. It only shows your name. :dunno_grin:

:sorry:

Just now, Prisca said:

I already transferred the money yesterday and used the account where I had transferred money for Paris. But PayPal won't tell me which email address it is. It only shows your name. :dunno_grin:

:sorry:

No worries, Prisca. I can get it! Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1