Mika as a judge for "The Piano", Channel 4 UK, 2023

Kumazzz

On 2/26/2023 at 6:54 PM, krysady said:

Like Anne said, probably it's not a good idea to post the YT link on FB, that video it's unlisted because it could be blocked any time and it's better to not share it everywhere.

Today the admin told me she has removed the link :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

On 2/27/2023 at 1:54 AM, krysady said:

Like Anne said, probably it's not a good idea to post the YT link on FB, that video it's unlisted because it could be blocked any time and it's better to not share it everywhere.

In case all the videos are blocked, I found someone's screen recording episodes on bilibili as well: 

E1 https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1p84y1p7vV/

E2 https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1co4y1Y73E/

Upcoming episodes may be listed here 奈森磊的个人空间_哔哩哔哩_bilibili

btw thanks to Lang Lang😂, it has recieved positive comments in China, hope more people can know Mika from it:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Mon Quotidien is a French newspaper for teenagers.

Mon Quotidien

28 Feb 2023

Lucy, 13 ans, aveugle... et prodige* du piano !

Elle a un talent incroyable. Mi-février, dans une émission (un concours de talents) diffusée à la télévision britannique, les téléspectateurs ont découvert Lucy, 13 ans. Cette ado aveugle avait été filmée* alors qu’elle jouait du piano dans la gare de Leeds, au RoyaumeUni (Europe). Elle interprétait un morceau de musique classique très difficile, écrit par Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849).

En regardant et en écoutant Lucy jouer, le jury de l’émission (le chanteur Mika et le pianiste Lang Lang) est resté sans voix. À la fin de la vidéo, on voit l’ado se boucher les oreilles pendant les applaudissements du public. Lucy est autiste : ce handicap provoque des difficultés pour communiquer.

:uk: Google translater

Spoiler

Lucy, 13 years old, blind... and prodigy* of the piano!

She has incredible talent. In mid-February, in a program (a talent contest) broadcast on British television, viewers discovered 13-year-old Lucy. This blind teenager had been filmed* while she was playing the piano in Leeds station, in the United Kingdom (Europe). She was performing a very difficult piece of classical music, written by Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849).

Watching and listening to Lucy perform, the show's jury (singer Mika and pianist Lang Lang) were left speechless. At the end of the video, we see the teenager cover his ears during the applause of the public. Lucy is autistic: this disability causes difficulties in communicating.

mon_quotidien_2023_02_28_fr.thumb.jpg.801e5ea74a4c07cde3e6206bd3b376d0.jpg

Mon_Quotidien_2023_02_28_page6.thumb.jpg.f25284f644a12a43fe56eb6e0079bfbd.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Radio Times – March 04/10, 2023

Radio-Times-March-04-10-2023.jpg.562fd4e2ddcd16820163bf10ab07748a.jpg

Page 84

TALENT SHOW

The Piano

9.00pm C4 Catch up via All 4

Mika and Lang Lang have just one more amateur pianist to add to their Royal Festival Hall performance, and so they're heading to ー where else ? ー Birmingham New Street train station to spy on the candidates.

Radio-Times-4-10th-March-2023_page084-the_piano.jpg.8f98621c6379ac9bdf6eb01a54841834.jpg

Page 156

Feedback  LETTER OF THE WEEK

The Piano hits all the right notes

We've only seen the first episode of The Piano ( Wednesday Channel 4 ) and I'm already addicted.

The music is truly uplifting highlights the wealth of talent lying dormant in this country. People of all ages and different walks of life are brought together, and I moved by the skill and depth of emotion demonstrated by all pianists. It's also lovely to see the responses of those who stop to listen. As for the judges, what an honour to have Lang Lang involved.
 I was even inspired to try out my Chopin pieces after the programme -  and I'm sure they sounded bit better.
Can't wait for next week !

Jane Boulton Sudbrooke, Lincolnshire  

Radio-Times-4-10th-March-2023_page-156.thumb.jpg.c3f90cde7b952d75b1f734a713264771.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After episode 1 of The Piano I immediately wrote a short review for a TV magazine here in the UK for their letters section and it got chosen! 😁

It's in today's copy of the magazine!

20230228_121436.thumb.jpg.e341aa1809ccd50decb9ed2a3339220f.jpg

I would have liked the 'Star Letter' (they would have added a picture of The Piano for that) but I'm just so glad it got printed! :boing:

• Like 22

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

After episode 1 of The Piano I immediately wrote a short review for a TV magazine here in the UK for their letters section and it got chosen! 😁

I would have liked the 'Star Letter' (they would have added a picture of The Piano for that) but I'm just so glad it got printed! :boing:

Ah, so this is the thing you mentioned in the other trhead?

So cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm thrilled for you :wub2: and it's such a lovely review :wub2:

Congrats Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by FaZe Clan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Ah, so this is the thing you mentioned in the other trhead?

So cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks 😊,  I wrote it not long after the first episode, sent it by email to the magazine the next day, but it was only last week when I got a confirmation email that it would be printed! I even kept it a secret from my Mum!

It's just a little thing really but it's made me very happy!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Merci 😊 , je l'ai écrit peu de temps après le premier épisode, envoyé par mail au magazine le lendemain, mais ce n'est que la semaine dernière que j'ai reçu un mail de confirmation qu'il serait imprimé ! Je l'ai même caché à ma mère !

C'est juste une petite chose vraiment mais ça m'a fait très plaisir!

Sorry CJ I congratulated Anna :doh::bow:. So congratulations CJ :clap:. It's a very nice reward for you :winner_first_h4h:

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Thanks 😊,  I wrote it not long after the first episode, sent it by email to the magazine the next day, but it was only last week when I got a confirmation email that it would be printed! I even kept it a secret from my Mum!

It's just a little thing really but it's made me very happy!

Amazing CJ, so well written AND IT GOT PRINTED OMG!!!! Proud of you!!!!! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

CJ, thats brilliant! Well done!:clap::thumb_yello: :bow::winner_first_h4h:

How did your mum react? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

CJ, thats brilliant! Well done!:clap::thumb_yello: :bow::winner_first_h4h:

How did your mum react? 

Mum immediately after seeing my letter: "So, how much do you get for this?" 😅

She is of course happy it got printed too! 😊

Also,

Me when I get my somewhat tiny reward from the magazine:

d6400fa61361d0494a86d687cb04a502--mika-money.thumb.jpg.5bf4c2626a4b3dfb47a66bc3dd1a011c.jpg

• Haha 6

The Observer The New Review – February 19, 2023

The-Observer-The-New-Review-February-19-2023.jpg.e95098f40c1462d94eb207787129d1c6.jpg

👉 PDF file ( 2pages / 543 KB  ) TheObserverTheNewReview19February2023-30-31.pdf

Critics Television

The BBC’s Brink’sMat robbery saga humanises the heist; compelling bent copper drama Better loses the plot; Chris Packham returns with a moving autism doc; and reality TV that plays you like a piano

Claudia Winkleman is restored to her nice/bubbly factory settings after her mean girl turn on The Traitors

‘Sometimes the sweetest ideas are the best’:

Claudia Winkleman, right, with A Miss Tori at the St Pancras station piano in Channel 4’s The Piano. © Mark Bourdillon/Love Productions

We’ve all seen the public pianos in shopping centres, town squares and stations around the country. In new six-part Channel 4 series The Piano , presented by Claudia Winkleman , amateurs play, aware they’re being fi lmed, but not realising that pop artist Mika and world-renowned Chinese classical pianist Lang Lang are secretly watching them. Each week, one pianist is selected to perform in a special concert at the Royal Festival Hall.

The opening episode, at London’s St Pancras station , drives home that beyond the piano, it’s about people: the pianists (young, old, skilful, selftaught) and their music (classical, rap, jazz, self-written).

Mika and Lang Lang observe, rapt, while Winkleman is restored to her nice/ bubbly factory settings after her mean girl turn on The Traitors .

Be warned, you will feel yourself manipulated – fingers scampering over emotions as surely as the keys – but it’s all in good spirit. With Lang Lang, Mika and the Royal Festival Hall gig revealed at the end of each episode, it gives the performances a spontaneous purity distinct from talent show culture. Sometimes the sweetest, simplest ideas are the best.

The-Observer-The-New-Review_February-19-2023_The_Piano.thumb.jpg.11495fcdea24ae7049f46ec07790c9b6.jpg

The-Observer-The-New-Review_February-19-2023_The_Piano.thumb.jpg.a3665c586481361acce8cc999771736f.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Daily Express

1 Mar 2023

DailyExpress1Mar2023.jpg.45e1db33645d1b2a1361bdceb39e8470.jpg

Pressreader https://pressreader.com/article/282329684140153

PICKS OF THE DAY

Music: The Piano, C4, 9pm

Host Claudia Winkleman is back on the hunt for the UK’s most outstanding amateur pianists, alongside judges global popstar Mika and worldrenowned Chinese pianist Lang Lang (left, with Winkleman).

This week the team continue their search in from a local jazz legend, as well as an 86-year-old father of 11, a musically-gifted YouTube star and a boogie-woogie biker who believes music is in her DNA. With the contestants unaware that their performances are being judged in secret, who will be the Glasgow pianist joining fellow finalists from London, Leeds and Birmingham as they play in front of a live audience at the Royal Festival Hall?

DailyExpress-3_01.2023_downmagaz.net-31-32_page-0001.thumb.jpg.3c8ebbee76289881381bc80ed9cfe079.jpg

The Piano

DailyExpress-3_01.2023_downmagaz.net-31-32_page-0002.jpg.4c8c867be003df3efa6cbb349198e5c1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Quotidien Express

1 mars 2023

DailyExpress1Mar2023.jpg.45e1db33645d1b2a1361bdceb39e8470.jpg

Lecteur de presse https://pressreader.com/article/282329684140153

CHOIX DU JOUR

Musique : Le Piano, C4, 21h

L'animatrice Claudia Winkleman est de retour à la recherche des pianistes amateurs les plus remarquables du Royaume-Uni, aux côtés de la pop star mondiale Mika et du pianiste chinois de renommée mondiale Lang Lang (à gauche, avec Winkleman).

Cette semaine, l'équipe poursuit ses recherches auprès d'une légende locale du jazz, ainsi que d'un père de 11 enfants âgé de 86 ans, d'une star de YouTube douée pour la musique et d'une motarde boogie-woogie qui croit que la musique fait partie de son ADN. Les candidats ignorant que leurs performances sont jugées en secret, qui sera le pianiste de Glasgow rejoignant les autres finalistes de Londres, Leeds et Birmingham alors qu'ils joueront devant un public en direct au Royal Festival Hall ?

DailyExpress-3_01.2023_downmagaz.net-31-32_page-0001.thumb.jpg.3c8ebbee76289881381bc80ed9cfe079.jpg

Le piano

DailyExpress-3_01.2023_downmagaz.net-31-32_page-0002.jpg.4c8c867be003df3efa6cbb349198e5c1.jpg

Can't wait the third episode on YouTube :excite:

• Like 5

Yet another wonderful episode! I had to laugh when even Stanley said saying the word "pianist" is tricky! 🤣

Yes we know! (looking at you @crazyaboutmika :teehee:, now I can't unhear it either)

Mika: "I'm not a lover of medleys"

Says the guy who's sang quite a few! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8