Kumazzz

Radio Times – March 11/17, 2023

Radio-Times-March_11-17-2023.jpg.f8967ef24706a99254fb9803e21aee0e.jpg

page 87

MUSIC

The Piano : The Final

9.00pm C4 Catch up via ALL4

FINAL EPISODE

At last, Claudia Wincleman has released Mika and Lang Lang from their train station cupboard.

For this week's final, they step blinking into the light with one mission: get their handpicked amateur pianists ready  for a sold-out concert in the Royal Festival Hall after a few rehearsals.

Watching the judging duo work with their four proteges - including blind viral sensation Lucy and rapper Jay - is fascinating, and the final performances are remarkably heartwarming.

It’s only slightly soured by the fact that Mika and Lang Lang keep up their habit of talking over the music, even within the auditorium. Sign me up for a ticket in another row. Still, if you fancy watching a version without the running commentary you’re in luck.

More4 is broadcasting The Piano: the Concert at 10.15pm.

Radio-Times-11-17th-March-2023_ThePiano_page-87.thumb.jpg.2753fa76662d6044ebbf0e5c3e70876a.jpg

page 89

Radio-Times-11-17th-March-2023_ThePiano.jpg.1645dd4be43046d86e08b0c356b6cf8b.jpg

Radio-Times-11-17th-March-2023_ThePiano_page90.jpg.16e5cedb22d40f3d292fe022ffbe6786.jpg

Radio-Times-11-17th-March-2023_ThePiano_page-89.thumb.jpg.ed2a274c60705f29ee332b752399198b.jpg

page 91

Radio-Times-11-17th-March-2023_ThePiano_page-91.jpg.dbb0ea110baa281d09f058107a263e2d.jpg

• Like 3

What's on TV - 11 March 2023

whats-on-tv-11_03_2023.thumb.jpg.92301a2c2b618e6be7e8fdba708a7fdf.jpg

page 69

15 March WEDNESDAY

9.00 The Piano:

The Final The competition reaches a conclusion with a concert at the Royal Festival Hall in London. The remaining pianists rehearse and prepare to perform, while Mika and Lang Lang have one last surprise for them. (S, AD)

•The Piano: The Concert follows on More4

WhatsonTV11_03.2023_69.thumb.jpg.0277a798be3d78faa17748426fffddde.jpg

page 70

What's on TV

Picks of the day

The Piano:The Concert

More4,10.15pm

Claudia Winkleman introduces the final concert at the Royal Festival Hall – which will feature Lang Lang (right) and Mika.

WhatsonTV11_03.2023_page70.thumb.jpg.fbf3ada308c50dfc5ff583c26d210d7d.jpg

WhatsonTV11_03.2023_70.thumb.jpg.ead44b26a7c1aecc086a94e417bf3682.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

Daily Mail - 8 March 2023

dailymail-8march2023.jpg.c0c7c9300d4202ee2cb9d100be5fba9e.jpg

page 38

TELEVISION

TICKLING THE IVORIES

The Piano, 9pm, Ch4

THE final stop for this brilliant talent search is Birmingham New Street station, where judges Lang Land and Mika (pictured with Claudia Winkleman) settle in to watch in secret as performers play the keys for a toe-tapping Jerry Lee Lewis tune and a surprising cover version of a Harry Styles hit. Next week, you’ll see the finalists on stage at the Royal Festival Hall in London.

DailyMail8March2023_p38.thumb.jpg.2411a50c0fb635d4c5f0b8dcfd11fa7f.jpg

The Piano (AD,HD)

The final stop on the search for Britain’s best amateur pianists is Birmingham New Street Station.

Featuring a toe-tapping Jerry Lee Lewis hit and a unique Harry Styles cover.

DailyMail8March2023_p38-9pm.jpg.320b88bf436bd0ef32b06ee5e0b86549.jpg

dailymail-8march2023-1.thumb.jpg.ecdb13fa54958f383a72b3d325e95b69.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ohh so for the people who went 

I assume you just saw the fully concert and not Mika and Lang langs commentary as well 

That makes more sense as too why there are two shows now If ones with their comments in didn't understand why more4 was showing it after 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

I assume you just saw the fully concert and not Mika and Lang langs commentary as well 

We just saw the concert and clips of the finalists where they were introduced.

That makes more sense as too why there are two shows now If ones with their comments in didn't understand why more4 was showing it after 

Well, I was there and I don't understand how they're going to make two episodes next week. :dunno_grin:

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

Well, I was there and I don't understand how they're going to make two episodes next week. :dunno_grin:

From what i gather it sounds like both will be the same show however the channel 4 final will also have mika and Lang Lang commentating like they have been 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BeccaStardust said:

From what i gather it sounds like both will be the same show however the channel 4 final will also have mika and Lang Lang commentating like they have been 

Yes, that makes more sense than two episodes. :thumb_yello:

I think the show on Channel 4 next week will show behind the scenes footage of the performers being coached by Mika and Lang Lang -- it will be much more than just the performances. It sounds like the program on More 4 will strictly be the concert as we saw it.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I think the show on Channel 4 next week will show behind the scenes footage of the performers being coached by Mika and Lang Lang -- it will be much more than just the performances. It sounds like the program on More 4 will strictly be the concert as we saw it.

It seems to be that way and I really love how they will show the coaching beforehand! 

• Like 3

Loved this episode again, the hour goes by so quickly!!

Can I just say that by far my favourite moment is when Mika walks up the lady (I don’t want to spoil too much, but I also can’t stop talking about it!!!) and introduces Lang Lang. His big smile in the background just enjoying the lady’s reaction. He is so humble.

• Like 8

Everything about tonight's episode was perfect! 

Even Mika's "perfect pitch" teeth! :biggrin2:

Love how Mika began explaining what the 'Shake' song was all about to Lang Lang, only Mika could listen to such a happy lively song and let his mind go straight to THAT meaning! :teehee:

(to the NC I think Mika!)

I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet but the I think the winner tonight was well deserved and once again the story really touched me.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, it looks like that. And it makes even more happy :cloud:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Even Mika's "perfect pitch" teeth! :biggrin2:

I felt very dumb that I didn’t know what that meant, so I googled it, but fortunately it’s not an actual dental term :biggrin2:

15 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Love how Mika began explaining what the 'Shake' song was all about to Lang Lang, only Mika could listen to such a happy lively song and let his mind go straight to THAT meaning! :teehee:

(to the NC I think Mika!)

I thought exactly the same thing :lol3: he did not disappoint once again! 

• Haha 7

I am soooo looking forward to next week!  Seeing them working behind the scenes and training the finalists? Yes please! 

Today's highlights:

The whistling teeth 😄

Delicious torture 😱

Sweet potato juice 🤢

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard... :facepalm::floor:

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Hero said:

I am soooo looking forward to next week!  Seeing them working behind the scenes and training the finalists? Yes please! 

Today's highlights:

The whistling teeth 😄

Delicious torture 😱

Sweet potato juice 🤢

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard... :facepalm::floor:

Hang on a second, I missed the last one! Had to revisit! :lmfao:

I also can't wait for the next week's finale, the teasers looked so good ❤️

And as every week, there were so many talents, I especially liked Matthew, there was something so sweet about him and his piano play.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

In case you haven't seen it yet  :)

Thanks a million @dcdeb

Firestorage Download Links

Screenshot2023-03-09at11-53-35https__firestorage_com.thumb.png.7d909aee5d70bd91c4e01d079b930588.png

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2