Mika as a judge for "The Piano", Channel 4 UK, 2023

Kumazzz

Channel 4 TV Guide is updated !

https://www.channel4.com/tv-guide/2023/03/15

Wednesday 15 March

9.00pm - 10.15pm

New: The Piano: The Final

New: The Piano: The Final.

The four pianists prepare for the final - to play before a packed house at the Royal Festival Hall.

Who will deliver the winning performance ?

And will there be a last twist on the night ?

[ Also in HD]

Screenshot2023-03-09at14-50-39All4-TVGuide.thumb.png.c10ea9c89a73d3206f85c5e7bca9dd77.png

aef4f9f9-383f-4153-ba31-2c71196efb03.thumb.jpg.6452ce048172164018191fa481dcd581.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hero said:

The whistling teeth 😄

Delicious torture 😱

Agree about those! :lmfao:

12 hours ago, Hero said:

Sweet potato juice 🤢

Well, Mika doesn't have to drink it (and luckily I don't have to either :teehee:), so idk why he complains. I found that a bit harsh the way he said it tbh, maybe because there's always too much of that on Twitter. Just let people live their life the way they want it, without saying they have bad taste just because their taste is different from yours. :dunno: Well, maybe between the 2 of them it was a funny joke that they both understood. It just made me think of when he told Pif in the documentary to eat that part of the salad because "it's the best" and he wouldn't take no for an answer. I hope he's aware that different people might just have different tastes and that his isn't the ultimate truth. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Hero said:

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard... :facepalm:

Huh? :blink: I missed that. :facepalm: When did he say that?

I loved the fact that Mika played with the camera cuts, by taking off his earring, then Lang Lang was wearing it, Mika with and without a jacket... so it kept changing back & forth in the final cut version. :lmfao: And seeing how he rolled his eyes at the producer, I bet Mika did that on purpose. :naughty:

• Like 2

Lang Lang will be on the This Morning (UK) show tomorrow! Likely talking about The Piano and also his own music and tour. I'll be watching but I hope someone can record his interview too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Lang Lang will be on the This Morning (UK) show tomorrow! Likely talking about The Piano and also his own music and tour. I'll be watching but I hope someone can record his interview too.

Thanks a lot for the infomation.

Screen-caps of ending the This Morning https://www.itv.com/watch/this-morning/1a1960/2a6292a1049

Screenshot2023-03-09at23-06-39ThisMorning-Series35-Episode48_ITVX.thumb.jpg.40b01f42962847dd5ff80a3a982e14c2.jpg

Screenshot2023-03-09at23-20-36ThisMorning-Series35-Episode48-ITVX.thumb.jpg.1f3830f61449260aecbbd54e9be0c033.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, dcdeb said:

In case you haven't seen it yet  :)

I saw the first 3 episodes thanks to the link you had put, but for the last one, YouTube says it is blocked for copyright reasons :tears::crybaby:.

So sad.... Thanks anyway Deb :wink2:

Just now, Miky Schyns said:

I saw the first 3 episodes thanks to the link you had put, but for the last one, YouTube says it is blocked for copyright reasons :tears::crybaby:.

That's odd that it's blocked for you and a few others outside of the UK now. Seems like Belgium, Luxembourg and Sweden can't see it because of a Jess Glynne song used in a commercial! Who knew? Sorry about that!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

C'est étrange qu'il soit bloqué pour vous et quelques autres en dehors du Royaume-Uni maintenant. On dirait que la Belgique, le Luxembourg et la Suède ne peuvent pas le voir à cause d'une chanson de Jess Glynne utilisée dans une publicité ! Qui savait? Désolé pour ça!

Ah yes, that's probably the reason. No big deal :wink2:, I'll patiently wait for them to post it on YouTube then :dunno::wait::lmfao:. Thanks again Deb :mikalove:

50 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

That's odd that it's blocked for you and a few others outside of the UK now. Seems like Belgium, Luxembourg and Sweden can't see it because of a Jess Glynne song used in a commercial! Who knew? Sorry about that!

It's blocked now in Poland as well. Hopefully I downloaded it to my computer.

EDIT: Sorry - no it's not blocked. I was on the UK VPN location,

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

This morning is normally live 

Think this is just promo for Lang Lang and they used a clip with Mika in 

I don't think he'll be there but he could be

I think if Mika was going to be there they would have said so already, I'll be very surprised if he does turn up! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Miky Schyns said:

Ah yes, that's probably the reason. No big deal :wink2:, I'll patiently wait for them to post it on YouTube then :dunno::wait::lmfao:. Thanks again Deb :mikalove:

I found it on Bilibili. Can't share a link but if you type in Mika and Piano it will come up. 

I loved the episode! And hate it's almost over!  I keep thinking about ways they can make a second series. I do think it's possible even if the pianists know they are being watched. Instead of the concert they can come up with some other surprise element. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, mellody said:

Well, Mika doesn't have to drink it (and luckily I don't have to either :teehee:), so idk why he complains. 

No, he wasn't serious, it was banter. Although apparently it smelt awful - and Mika collects smells so maybe he has a sensitive nose? Anyway, it was a joke between them. I think they were building on the Baileys bit from last week, maybe it was meant to be a running joke in each episode - what's LL drinking this week?? - but some of it got cut for timing?

6 hours ago, mellody said:

Huh? :blink: I missed that. :facepalm: When did he say that?

I was paraphrasing the intention... "Shake... shake..." (wiggle wiggle...) :teehee:

7 hours ago, mellody said:

loved the fact that Mika played with the camera cuts, by taking off his earring, then Lang Lang was wearing it, Mika with and without a jacket... so it kept changing back & forth in the final cut version. :lmfao:

I... completely missed that. :facepalm: :lmfao:

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

:das:

Lang Lang tweets...

Intriguing! He said in the first episode that he was looking for a new way of playing, and Jay was already doing it. Maybe we're witnessing the birth of Lang Lang: the rap years? 🤔😄

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

:das:

Lang Lang tweets...

I imagine Lang Lang will play the public piano at London St Pancras station as like "The Piano".

He did it in 2011 in California.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Lang Lang didn't talk anything !! :huh:

I watched it and he was interviewed in between the performances, he talked about how he helped coach Lucy for the concert at the Festival Hall, he also said that he often relied on Mika to explain more modern music to him and then he talked a lot about his Disney album and upcoming tour.

It should be available to watch on the streaming service ItvX.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And my suspicions were right, it seems. (And Eriko's, too!) Lang Lang is playing at St. Pancras today.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/langlangpiano/3055440977326116036/

• Like 8

On 3/7/2023 at 8:23 PM, Kumazzz said:

Here is NEW YouTube uploader !

The Piano S01E01

The Piano S01E02

The Piano S01E03

What exactly is UKTVLandSIX?   I found their channel: https://www.youtube.com/@UKTVLandSIX

At first I thought it was connected with Channel 4 but I guess that's not the case. Do they just upload videos they downloaded/recorded from TV?

On 3/9/2023 at 5:14 PM, Miky Schyns said:

It is available on mikawebsite.com too :itsok:

Edited by crazyaboutmika