Mika as a judge for "The Piano", Channel 4 UK, 2023

Kumazzz

14 hours ago, Vero Bott said:

This week I managed to watch it live and I have to say that Leeds was really really strong! Wow, even better than the last week's episode. I'm glad for Lucy and I also loved Liam and many many others... not an easy task for Mika and Lang Lang to choose the winner, must have been so tough! 

Btw, have you noticed that guy's face when Mika and Lang Lang were secretly watching through the curtain? :lol3:

It reminded me of this body guard's face :lmfao:

FB_IMG_1677156385192.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Miky Schyns said:

Je viens de le regarder et pour la part le visionnage était parfait. Tout dépend du pays où tu le visionnes. A vraiment désolée pour toi :tears:

Non c'était un bug ici pas au niveau de la vidéo elle même mais Karin l'a corrigé :thumb_yello:

1 hour ago, Sara penny said:

È possibile una traduzione in italiano? Grazie 

Enlarge the screen and click on cc to get English subtitles. Then click on the symbol next to it. You can change the language to Italian or other languages.

Ingrandisci lo schermo e clicca su cc , cosi usciranno I sottotitoli in inglese. Clicca poi  sul simbolo che sembra una rotellina. Puoi modificare la lingua ed avere sottotitoli in italiano.

PS  Loved these  performers and the interaction between Mika and Lang Lang. 

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sara penny said:

È possibile una traduzione in italiano? Grazie 

You can do that from the setting on the video, follow these steps:

Click on the CC icon:

Screenshot(414)b.thumb.jpg.fa71b7349cefdbf9303d7c5c09de5fa6.jpg

Then click on the Settings:

Screenshot(414)c.thumb.jpg.3d9f7c45c6081fa20b017612ab3b902e.jpg

click on the Subtitles:

Screenshot(415)b.thumb.jpg.babc83fe3517d918f5a9a27a34007e59.jpg  

Click on Auto- translate:

Screenshot(416)b.thumb.jpg.a6fb7a32b9ab9b071a2c52c732aeae95.jpg  

Click on Italian:

Screenshot(417)b.thumb.png.8fc3cd23d6a4a5e42ff4fd0990f15bc9.png 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Your post has done something strange to the thread Deb! This is what it looks like for me

Screenshot_20230223-084848_Chrome.thumb.png.9f301a391d9f3ad8d05b3b0809168eb5.png

I'll also leave recording/downloading to others. But I can get ep1 with English subtitles if anyone is interested!

Sorry, CJ. There was something weird going on when I tried to embed that video for some reason.

Thanks @mellody for taking care of it for me!

Also, for some reason this week had the commercials included -- last week's download didn't. :dunno:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, krysady said:

You can do that from the setting on the video, follow these steps:

Click on the CC icon:

Screenshot(414)b.thumb.jpg.fa71b7349cefdbf9303d7c5c09de5fa6.jpg

Then click on the Settings:

Screenshot(414)c.thumb.jpg.3d9f7c45c6081fa20b017612ab3b902e.jpg

click on the Subtitles:

Screenshot(415)b.thumb.jpg.babc83fe3517d918f5a9a27a34007e59.jpg  

Click on Auto- translate:

Screenshot(416)b.thumb.jpg.a6fb7a32b9ab9b071a2c52c732aeae95.jpg  

Click on Italian:

Screenshot(417)b.thumb.png.8fc3cd23d6a4a5e42ff4fd0990f15bc9.png 

My comment is not related to subtitles but you paused the video in the right moment, what a snapshot :cloud:

Edited by Vero Bott
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

like when he said “I remember buying CD’s of these hits!” Or him playbacking on TLC :lol3: Yes Mika, I feel you, I’m an 80’s kid as well :biggrin2:

Exactly! I was a bit shocked. I mean.. my eclectic playlist is built upon Mika's sophisticated taste and knowledge of music. I wouldn't even know what eclectic means if it wasn't for him :naughty: and now I got this picture in my head of him hanging around at music stores buying those 'Dance Hits' CD's like we all did.

Be careful Mika or you will lose your image as a poetic artist :lol3:

1 hour ago, Bren said:

and now I got this picture in my head of him hanging around at music stores buying those 'Dance Hits' CD's like we all did.

Haha! Imagine, he is just like us! :lol3:

I personally like the image of him hanging around music stores. I used to do that a lot. I didn’t have much friends, so I would go to a Music Store to check out the latest hits and decide for hours and hours which one to buy and spend my pocket money (and later the money from my weekend job) on.

And he can be both poetic and very normal at the same time! :wink2:

• Like 7

21 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I saw the security guard standing near the front (is that who you mean?), he looked confused for a moment there!

If anyone gets a good quality screenshot of Mika peeping through the curtain can you please share it here? His little face had me in stitches! 🤣

VideoCapture_20230223-204428.jpg

VideoCapture_20230223-204447.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Haha! Imagine, he is just like us! :lol3:

I personally like the image of him hanging around music stores. I used to do that a lot. I didn’t have much friends, so I would go to a Music Store to check out the latest hits and decide for hours and hours which one to buy and spend my pocket money (and later the money from my weekend job) on.

And he can be both poetic and very normal at the same time! :wink2:

I did the same -- only I was buying vinyl, not CDs, and music magazines. That's where all my pocket money went as well!

47 minutes ago, jajinka5 said:

Oh, I can think of many uses for this little clip and snapshot. I think we'll be seeing it used over and over and over...

Thanks, @jajinka5!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

TV Times - 25 February 2023

tv-times-25_02_2023.thumb.jpg.8f581da3730b36fc88be83ccecbacfa5.jpg

Pick of the day

The PIANO

The talent show is in Glasgow this week

REALITY 9PM, C4

C4’s search for amateur pianists has moved to Glasgow Central station in this third episode. As usual, judges Lang Lang and Mika are hidden away, ready to hear the performances and choose someone to play at their Royal Festival Hall concert, Claudia Winkleman puts the pianist at their case.

Contenders include Dana,12 who overcomes her initial nervousness after Claudia takes charge and instruct onlookers to turn away, and Sean, 26, who wows Mika with his 'brilliant anarchy'. It's clear that music is an important means of expression for Dana and Sean - as well as a brilliant way of connecting to us.

TV to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

★★★★ JP

TVTimes25_02.2023-p_69.thumb.jpg.cf62b086e5d36a05c779c2d7c2cf675c.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

TV Times - 25 February 2023

tv-times-25_02_2023.thumb.jpg.8f581da3730b36fc88be83ccecbacfa5.jpg

Pick of the day

The PIANO

The talent show is in Glasgow this week

REALITY 9PM, C4

C4’s search for amateur pianists has moved to Glasgow Central station in this third episode. As usual, judges Lang Lang and Mika are hidden away, ready to hear the performances and choose someone to play at their Royal Festival Hall concert, Claudia Winkleman puts the pianist at their case.

Contenders include Dana,12 who overcomes her initial nervousness after Claudia takes charge and instruct onlookers to turn away, and Sean, 26, who wows Mika with his 'brilliant anarchy'. It's clear that music is an important means of expression for Dana and Sean - as well as a brilliant way of connecting to us.

TV to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

★★★★ JP

TVTimes25_02.2023-p_69.thumb.jpg.cf62b086e5d36a05c779c2d7c2cf675c.jpg

WHAT?! Trixie and Matthew are getting married??? (We're behind on Call the Midwife :teehee: )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1