2023 - Mika @ Umbria Jazz Festival, Perugia, ITALY - 10 July

Mikasister

45 minutes ago, Gabry74 said:

Hi MFCers!

I share with you an example of the floral arrangement we have chosen for Mika.

There will be not only roses, but also the flowers he is using on this summer tour. Being 34, we also thought to give him a box of 6 bottles of local wine and 4 bouquets of flowers for the band. We had the customized cards printed for each of them, which you can see below. For payment, you can send the amount of € 15 to the email marijanatumbin@virgilio.it (PayPal).

The florist will send us some photos of the flower arrangement and bouquets, before the delivery and I'll share them. Thank you all for joining!! :group_hug:

Screenshot_20230629_213116_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230629_213103_Facebook.jpg

IMG-20230629-WA0054.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0091.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0092.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0093.jpg

IMG-20230629-WA0055.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0086.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0088.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0084.jpg

Amazing! Thank you so much for arranging everything! I’ve just PayPal’d Marijana 15 euros, like you instructed. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mellody said:

Love the flowers! :wub2: I would have preferred one bottle of a really great wine, instead of 6 bottles, but well, as you've already bought them, I guess that's what it is.

Edit: Also I'm wondering if 15€ would be too much for some of the fans who agreed to take part? Usually flower gifts are maybe 5€ per person, 10 at most. Would you have the option to let people choose if they want to contribute just to the flowers for Mika, or also to the wine and flowers for the band?

We thought that it would have been fair because Mika's concerts have been successful also thanks to the band. If someone doesn't want to contribute anymore or with a small contribution, no problem. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mellody said:

Love the flowers! :wub2: I would have preferred one bottle of a really great wine, instead of 6 bottles, but well, as you've already bought them, I guess that's what it is.

Edit: Also I'm wondering if 15€ would be too much for some of the fans who agreed to take part? Usually flower gifts are maybe 5€ per person, 10 at most. Would you have the option to let people choose if they want to contribute just to the flowers for Mika, or also to the wine and flowers for the band?

I agree with Karin -- this seems to have mushroomed from "flowers for Mika" to "gifts for everyone" and I'm not sure that those participating were consulted as to whether that's what they really wanted to do. 15€ seems a lot if you were only expecting to pitch in a couple Euros for a nice bouquet.  :dunno:  Also, I would caution about giving the wine -- just make sure it really gets to Mika's dressing room, as the last few times we've given him wine, I have not been able to find out whether he actually received it. No one was ever able to tell me what happened to it. :emot-sad:

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I agree with Karin -- this seems to have mushroomed from "flowers for Mika" to "gifts for everyone" and I'm not sure that those participating were consulted as to whether that's what they really wanted to do. 15€ seems a lot if you were only expecting to pitch in a couple Euros for a nice bouquet.  :dunno:  Also, I would caution about giving the wine -- just make sure it really gets to Mika's dressing room, as the last few times we've given him wine, I have not been able to find out whether he actually received it. No one was ever able to tell me what happened to it. :emot-sad:

The bigger part of the participating people has chose the wine and the flowers. Anyone is free to decide if participate or not... :dunno:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gabry74 said:

Hi MFCers!

There will be not only roses, but also the flowers he is using on this summer tour. Being 34, we also thought to give him a box of 6 bottles of local wine and 4 bouquets of flowers for the band. We had the customized cards printed for each of them, which you can see below. For payment, you can send the amount of € 15 to the email marijanatumbin@virgilio.it (PayPal).

The florist will send us some photos of the flower arrangement and bouquets, before the delivery and I'll share them. Thank you all for joining!! :group_hug:

IMG-20230629-WA0054.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0091.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0092.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0093.jpg

IMG-20230629-WA0055.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0086.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0088.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0084.jpg

Thank you @Gabry74, thank you Marijana!!! Really great gift for Mika and the band! I think that a collection of local wine is perfect. And the idea for flowers for the band is super cute 🥰 I send 15 euros to Marijana. Thanks again for the organization and everything!

• Like 1

I don't remember any information about the flowers for the band when I was signed on the list.

I was expecting not more than 10 EUR as usual in a case of the flowers for Mika.

I agree that the band is a part of Mika's success.

But I remember what the boys were doing with the bouquets at the end of the Carcassonne gig last year (throwing them like a basket ball) and playing with them. I hope they won't to it again in Perugia.

So as it's not only for Mika I will send 15 EUR this time.

• Like 2

Personally, I appreciate the idea of flowers for the whole band 😊 but if someone is not of the same idea or simply want to contribute with a smaller amount @Gabry74 feel free to consider me for helping you covering the rest 🙂

Cannot wait to see you all!!! ❤❤❤

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Personally, I appreciate the idea of flowers for the whole band 😊 but if someone is not of the same idea or simply want to contribute with a smaller amount @Gabry74 feel free to consider me for helping you covering the rest 🙂

The same for me! 🥰

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gabry74 said:

The bigger part of the participating people has chose the wine and the flowers. Anyone is free to decide if participate or not... :dunno:

Yes, absolutely, anyone is free to participate, if they know what they are participating in. But you set out saying you would do one thing and then did something else, before you had even collected any money. It would be different if you had collected money and realized you had so much left over that you could use the extra to buy wine and gifts for the band. That's happened to me more than once. Anyhow, what's done is done.

5 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Nice of you to offer to cover for those who don't have the money, but I guess that's not the point. I don't have a problem with giving something to the band. It's a nice idea. It's just that it is not what was presented to the group here originally. If everyone is OK with that, then fine, whatever. I just think if someone had posted "here's what we'd like to do..." that would have been more straightforward than suddenly saying, "oh, we decided to buy for four other people, too, and we want you to pay for that, as well."

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Salserina said:

Thank you @Gabry74, thank you Marijana!!! Really great gift for Mika and the band! I think that a collection of local wine is perfect. And the idea for flowers for the band is super cute 🥰 I send 15 euros to Marijana. Thanks again for the organization and everything!

Thanks to you 🥰

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't remember any information about the flowers for the band when I was signed on the list.

I was expecting not more than 10 EUR as usual in a case of the flowers for Mika.

I agree that the band is a part of Mika's success.

But I remember what the boys were doing with the bouquets at the end of the Carcassonne gig last year (throwing them like a basket ball) and playing with them. I hope they won't to it again in Perugia.

So as it's not only for Mika I will send 15 EUR this time.

I was there and I remember that. I hope it too. Anyway thanks Anna. 🥰

1 hour ago, Serendipity said:

Thanks Camilla 🥰

1 hour ago, Salserina said:

The same for me! 🥰

Thanks 🥰

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, absolutely, anyone is free to participate, if they know what they are participating in. But you set out saying you would do one thing and then did something else, before you had even collected any money. It would be different if you had collected money and realized you had so much left over that you could use the extra to buy wine and gifts for the band. That's happened to me more than once. Anyhow, what's done is done.

OK Deb, I'll keep that in mind in the future. Thank you. 

I just sent you the money, thank you for organizing everything!!

I feel similarly though, I think a "bigger" project like this could have been explained a bit more in advance so we know what we're getting ourselves into. Since so many people took part, I was expecting it to be a few euros.

We didn't ask before we agreed to participate either though so maybe a bit more consultation on all parts in the future. Just something like "I'm planning to do... it will be about 3-5 euros for every one who participates". Or the participants could just say "I'd like to take part and would be willing to contribute up to 8 euros".

So note to self :)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

I just sent you the money, thank you for organizing everything!!

I feel similarly though, I think a "bigger" project like this could have been explained a bit more in advance so we know what we're getting ourselves into. Since so many people took part, I was expecting it to be a few euros.

We didn't ask before we agreed to participate either though so maybe a bit more consultation on all parts in the future. Just something like "I'm planning to do... it will be about 3-5 euros for every one who participates". Or the participants could just say "I'd like to take part and would be willing to contribute up to 8 euros".

So note to self :)

To Marijana, not to me. She lives in Perugia. Anyway thank you. 🥰 And yes, in the future. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gabry74 said:

Hi MFCers!

IMG-20230629-WA0054.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0091.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0092.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0093.jpg

IMG-20230629-WA0055.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0086.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0088.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0084.jpg

I sent 15€ to Marijana. 

I also didn't know that we were planning flowers for the band but it's fine. 

Thank you:wink2:See you soon!

• Like 1

Hello! First of all, thank you to all of you who pointed out that not everyone can pay 15€ for the gift. I feel like it's important to remember that not everybody here has an income, some of us are students and being able to attend concerts + covering all the implied expenses is already a big privilege for many of us. That being said, not only is it a matter of not having the money to pay a certain amount, but also not wanting to since we signed up to something different, of course expecting a different sum.

So, for the future: when organizing these kind of things, please keep in mind that someone might be in a different situation than yours, and don't forget to update us. It would have been nice if we had known in advance, but this was kind of upsetting honestly. As I had already put my name on the list, I will send some money, but just the maximum amount that I've spent in the past for a contribution for a bouquet of flower, meaning 4€. 

Thank you for the organizing the flower arrangement and see you soon :bye:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chiara 83 said:

I sent 15€ to Marijana. 

I also didn't know that we were planning flowers for the band but it's fine. 

Thank you:wink2:See you soon!

Thanks to you 🥰

1 hour ago, sara09 said:

Hello! First of all, thank you to all of you who pointed out that not everyone can pay 15€ for the gift. I feel like it's important to remember that not everybody here has an income, some of us are students and being able to attend concerts + covering all the implied expenses is already a big privilege for many of us. That being said, not only is it a matter of not having the money to pay a certain amount, but also not wanting to since we signed up to something different, of course expecting a different sum.

So, for the future: when organizing these kind of things, please keep in mind that someone might be in a different situation than yours, and don't forget to update us. It would have been nice if we had known in advance, but this was kind of upsetting honestly. As I had already put my name on the list, I will send some money, but just the maximum amount that I've spent in the past for a contribution for a bouquet of flower, meaning 4€. 

Thank you for the organizing the flower arrangement and see you soon :bye:

OK, thanks to you. 🥰

6 hours ago, Gabry74 said:

Hi MFCers!

IMG-20230629-WA0054.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0091.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0092.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0093.jpg

IMG-20230629-WA0055.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0086.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0088.jpg

IMG-20230705-WA0084.jpg

Done, money sent! Thank you and see you soon!!🤗

• Like 1

I didn't know that the collect for the flowers was for the band too...

As some of you seem to be closer to the band, didn't you want to do something more private, between you, in a smaller group ?

Anyway I  sent the money, and good if there's enough for every one. 

Thanks for organizing, I know it'snt easy !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mikyba said:

Done, money sent! Thank you and see you soon!!🤗

1 hour ago, camille* said:

Also sent from me, thank you 

36 minutes ago, Marab said:

I didn't know that the collect for the flowers was for the band too...

As some of you seem to be closer to the band, didn't you want to do something more private, between you, in a smaller group ?

Anyway I  sent the money, and good if there's enough for every one. 

Thanks for organizing, I know it'snt easy !

Thanks to you 🥰🥰🥰 

Hi @Gabry74

Small problem, I don't have PayPal. I can pay in cash at the gig (if you're at Cattolica I'm there too)? 

Bit surprised at how the gift has grown, but it's a lovely thought and Mika will adore the bouquet. Thank you for organizing it all!

I'd love it if he filmed himself tasting the wines, like he did in the 'cooking with' posts. :naughty:

• Haha 1

I’m honestly quite surprised too at how the gift turned out as I was expecting something smaller and less expensive when I agreed to participate, so I will send 5€ if it isn’t too much of a problem. 
Thank you for organising anyway, he will surely like it.

• Like 5