Mika in French Press and Other Media - 2023

6 hours ago, mellody said:

Does someone understand what he says about the Elvis movie?

I would be interested in that as well!! I think he might be saying he doesn't think there should be movies made about the great singers that have left us, that they should stay untouchable (/untouched?). But I'd love for someone who speaks better french to confirm and elaborate on this.

Thank you all for sharing, there are sadly so many people who can relate.

I was luckily never really bullied, I guess because I was good at hiding certain parts about me, maybe too good. That feeling of shame and the urge to hide in order for people to like you is hard to shake off. Takes about 10 people who accept you for who you are to forget that one person that didn't.

I hope we can all learn from Mika to muddle through nonetheless and at least be there for each other!! :hug:

• Like 6

Arrgh. My baby French skills are struggling with all these interviews! However am I going to cope over the next six months or so, when just about everything will be in French! :overreact:

Anyhow, thank you all for posting all the links -- it's a pleasure to just listen to him and try to pick out what I can, and then come back here to read what you've all said!

6 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Speaking from own experience as a bullied person as well, this is unfortunately true. Those who know me know that I’m very outgoing and actually quite open, but in certain crowds that could intimidate me I completely shut down. I am transferred back into my 14 year old self and although it’s been a long time, my first reaction is still the same. I just hide it better now.

This is me, too. Around all of you, I feel comfortable and at home... no problem. But put me in a setting where I don't know people, like when I have to go to my husband's work gatherings ?  You'll find me tucked away in a corner, hoping that the floor would swallow me up. Mika's right, the memory of being bullied sticks with you forever, and even if you've learned to deal with it, or hide it most of the time, it doesn't take much to trigger those feelings of insecurity and vulnerability.

4 hours ago, Hero said:

This resonates so much, the feeling that you're somehow always an outsider, always eschewed, being wary and on edge in situations others would find normal or easy,  avoiding situations that would leave you feeling exposed as 'the weird one'... we work our way through it as best we can, but it's always there. Gosh. I didn't expect to be so winded today! 

Always an outsider, the weird one... check and check.  I guess that's why it's so nice to have found a place here. :)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hero said:

This resonates so much, the feeling that you're somehow always an outsider, always eschewed, being wary and on edge in situations others would find normal or easy,  avoiding situations that would leave you feeling exposed as 'the weird one'... we work our way through it as best we can, but it's always there. Gosh. I didn't expect to be so winded today! 

28 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

This is me, too. Around all of you, I feel comfortable and at home... no problem. But put me in a setting where I don't know people, like when I have to go to my husband's work gatherings ?  You'll find me tucked away in a corner, hoping that the floor would swallow me up. Mika's right, the memory of being bullied sticks with you forever, and even if you've learned to deal with it, or hide it most of the time, it doesn't take much to trigger those feelings of insecurity and vulnerability.

There are many things about Mika’s stories and work that resonate with me, which made me a fan in the first place. However,  this point seems to be resonating with many of us and it is a small part of what makes this not “just” a fanclub, but a community of kindred spirits. And it’s a beautiful thing. 

However, how much I *can* be transported back into my 14 year old self again, I am just as much reminded that I am responsible for my own happiness and I cannot blame my bullies for being unhappy nor for feeling like an outsider or weirdo. Today I am a very proud weirdo and I completely own my weirdness (yes it’s weird to just be drawing one face all the time, but I don’t care!). And this community gives me the safe space where I can do this and to feel accepted. So thank you ❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2023 at 3:48 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Another interview with Mika.

Radio France Bleu "Decibeles".

Mika starts talking at 12'30

And he sings a line from Apocalypse Calypso

https://www.francebleu.fr/emissions/decibels-l-emission/mika-devoile-c-est-la-vie-un-hymne-a-l-amour-et-a-la-resistance-6922333

Thanks a lot for posting @Anna Ko Kolkowska

France Bleu "Decibeles"

MIKA dévoile "C'est la vie" : un hymne à l'amour et à la résistance

MIKA fait son grand retour avec un single puissant, "C'est la vie", qui annonce un nouvel album 100% francophone. Cette chanson, à la fois libératrice et profonde, célèbre l'amour, la résilience, et les multiples identités de l'artiste.

Dans le monde de la musique, MIKA est synonyme d'énergie, de joie de vivre, et de mélodies entraînantes. Mais aujourd'hui, il nous surprend avec une nouvelle facette de son talent. Avec son tout dernier single, "C'est la vie", l'artiste britannico-libanais nous offre une chanson profonde, chargée d'émotion et d'un message puissant.

"C'est la vie" est bien plus qu'une simple chanson. C'est un hymne à l'amour, à la résistance, à la capacité de se réinventer malgré les défis que la vie nous lance. MIKA explore une nouvelle dimension de son art en s'exprimant entièrement en français, un choix qui lui permet de se connecter encore plus profondément avec son public francophone tout en nous offrant une expérience musicale riche et authentique.

Ce titre fait écho à l'un de ses précédents succès, "Elle me dit", mais il va plus loin. C'est un manifeste d'un homme qui se réveille un matin et décide enfin de dire "JE" et "MOI", avec toute la richesse de son passé et la promesse d'un futur lumineux.

Mais c’est également un hommage touchant à sa mère, qui a laissé une empreinte indélébile dans sa vie. L'artiste se souvient de sa mère en évoquant un portrait qu'elle avait dessiné pour son anniversaire, un portrait de lui avec une tête fleurie.

Le titre est d’ores et déjà disponible !

:uk: Google translator

MIKA unveils “C’est la vie”: a hymn to love and resistance

MIKA makes his comeback with a powerful single, “C’est la vie”, which announces a new 100% French-speaking album. This song, both liberating and profound, celebrates the artist's love, resilience, and multiple identities.

In the world of music, MIKA is synonymous with energy, joie de vivre, and catchy melodies. But today, he surprises us with a new facet of his talent. With his latest single, “C’est la vie”, the British-Lebanese artist offers us a deep song, full of emotion and a powerful message.

“C’est la vie” is much more than just a song. It is a hymn to love, to resistance, to the ability to reinvent oneself despite the challenges that life throws at us. MIKA explores a new dimension of his art by expressing himself entirely in French, a choice that allows him to connect even more deeply with his French-speaking audience while offering us a rich and authentic musical experience.

This title echoes one of his previous successes, “Elle me dit”, but it goes further. It is a manifesto of a man who wakes up one morning and finally decides to say "I" and "ME", with all the richness of his past and the promise of a bright future.

But it is also a touching tribute to his mother, who left an indelible mark on his life. The artist remembers his mother by recalling a portrait she had drawn for his birthday, a portrait of him with a flowered head.

The title is already available!

:mika3:( A part of Mika  26:23 )

https://twitter.com/Franckm22/status/1707447743126393315

F7ISq9NXwAAKCin.thumb.jpg.2eb5c229aecda6f391f5aea0eab39b56.jpg

https://twitter.com/francebleu/status/1707433531708710937

F7IFvtHWoAY9bH6.thumb.jpg.c3f12b864b93c689768c1beec13f78a6.jpg

AUDIO VIDEO

X ( Twitter )

MP4 ( 9.8 MB )

YouTube

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

2 hours ago, krysady said:

And a bit from Jane Birkin :thumb_yello:

His voice! :swoon: It's so warm and soft and just :cloud:

He talks a bit about the album and tour, about writing the album, about a project he'd like to do: playing in small venues, a mix of different music styles. Sounds fab, I'm in if he does that! :lol3: He specified that the tour will be a ball AFTER the apocalypse (if I understood it right).

And I just notice that when I listen to 3 interviews in a day, I will have forgotten what he said in which, by the time I finished watching all 3. 😅🙈 Anyway what stood out in this one was certainly him singing those lines from his album. :wub2:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mellody said:

Does someone understand what he says about the Elvis movie?

He said Elvis is the King, and he didn’t like when actors are playing the part of famous singers because they belong to everyone. He said we should stop making film like this because great singers are untouchables they  have their soul in their voice.

• Thanks 4

As you may already know...

In March 2022, bullying at school became a criminal offence punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment and a fine of up to €150,000 in the event of suicide or attempted suicide on the part of the victim of bullying.

Yahoo News

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/stopping-bullying-french-schools-absolute-060005319.html

Thu, 28 September 2023

Stopping bullying in French schools is 'absolute priority', says minister

The start of the new school year in France was marked by two issues: the shortage of teachers and school bullying.

With too few teachers and too many bullies, the government wants to get tough. And it has. On Monday 18 September, an alleged bully was arrested by the police in the middle of a lesson which caused some reaction in the country.

One month before, French Education Minister Gabriel Attal passed a decree that allows bullies to be moved to a new school, where previously it was more likely the victim would be relocated.

The next steps would include measures such as setting up dedicated teams in the education authorities, confiscating mobile phones in serious cases and creating empathy courses. The Prime minister also announced the systematic referral of the most serious cases to the public prosecutor.

On Wednesday, the government announced its inter-ministerial plan to combat bullying at school, which Elisabeth Borne, the French Prime Minister, described as an "absolute priority" for the new school year.

According to a 2021 French Senate report, between 800,000 and one million of France's 12 million pupils are victims of bullying at school every year.

"Fear must change sides"

The package of measures to be detailed is based on a "clear philosophy", explained Gabriel Attal: "100% prevention, 100% detection and 100% reaction".

"We called for an electroshock, and I see that the electroshock has begun", he insisted on Tuesday at the French National Assembly. "Yes, fear must change sides, yes, we must be more effective in the fight against bullying at school".

The country had been left horrified following the death of Lindsay, a 13-year-old schoolgirl who took her own life on 12 May after being bullied. The death was described as a "collective failure" by former Education Minister Pap Ndiaye.

"Social networks cannot be a jungle".

Social media has been blamed for facilitating bullying. Because of the social networks, harassment spreads across the school walls to infiltrate the victim's home.

"Social networks can't be a jungle, a playground with no adult supervision", Gabriel Attal told Le Figaro.

The Minister is proposing to make it easier to ensure that young people under the age of 15 can no longer register on social networks without parental consent. This measure is provided for in the Marcangelli law passed in July, which places the burden of verification on the platforms.

Another measure is the digital curfew: "This measure will now be possible on the Internet. It would create a digital curfew, which would prohibit the use of social networks from 6pm to 8am, for example".

The minister also mentioned confiscating mobile phones in serious cases and possibly banning people from social networks. These two options could be put in place before the bully goes on trial, to help the victim as quickly as possible.

"Empathy classes" based on the Danish model

Some people believe that more preventative measures are needed to avoid this type of repressive measure. Gabriel Attal said he was working on a questionnaire for all pupils to identify "weak signals" in the fight against harassment.

He envisaged the creation of dedicated "brigades" based in local education authorities, which could intervene rapidly. He also said he would like to introduce "empathy courses" in schools, based on the Danish model, to prevent the school environment from creating bullies.

He also mentioned the introduction of a dedicated time to talk about harassment in all schools on 9 November, the national day against harassment.

Attal, who has launched an audit into the management of cases of harassment during the last school year, added that each education authority "should have an anti-harassment strategy" by "the end of the year".

A lot of articles mentions Mika's  harassment in his school days.

BFMTV

https://www.bfmtv.com/people/j-en-ai-souffert-pendant-beaucoup-de-mon-enfance-mika-se-confie-sur-le-harcelement-scolaire_AN-202309100256.html

RTL fr

https://www.rtl.fr/culture/musique/invite-rtl-harcelement-scolaire-mika-raconte-le-combat-de-sa-maman-pour-en-preserver-ses-enfants-7900294105

C News

https://www.cnews.fr/people/2023-09-11/mika-le-chanteur-se-confie-sur-le-harcelement-scolaire-quil-subi-1395350

Femme Actuelle

https://www.femmeactuelle.fr/actu/news-actu/comme-si-cetait-ta-faute-le-temoignage-poignant-de-mika-ex-victime-de-harcelement-scolaire-2162030

Marie Clair

https://www.marieclaire.fr/mika-evoque-le-harcelement-scolaire-dont-il-a-ete-victime-il-y-a-une-autre-maniere-de-vivre-la-vie,1459443.asp

Gala

https://www.gala.fr/l_actu/news_de_stars/mika-victime-de-harcelement-cette-professeure-qui-lui-a-fait-vivre-lenfer_528912

Marie France

https://www.mariefrance.fr/actualite/mika-victime-de-harcelement-scolaire-son-temoignage-839898.html

and more...

• Thanks 2

On 9/20/2023 at 5:54 PM, dcdeb said:

This is hilarious! Especially because, as I said in response to Mika's TikTok where he talked about loving Epoisse, that it is the only cheese I have ever encountered that I do NOT like!   :uhno:

I never tried nor seen it :lmfao:

24 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Mika was on Europe 2 this morningat 9 AM and I found out too late...waiting for the podcast now....

I recorded the audio.

We can hear how the album will start :-)

And the new title from the album: Bougez.

Mika mentioned as well that he asked Valerie Lemercier to make some "aaaa" on Jane Birkin song.

Valerie was an inspiration for the opening of the album.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 9/27/2023 at 11:04 PM, Kumazzz said:

Télématin ( France 2 )

https://www.coulisses-tv.fr/index.php/infos/item/31843-télématin-jeudi-28-septembre-2023-les-invités-de-marie-portolano-thomas-sotto-sur-france-2

Les invités reçus dans “Télématin” jeudi 28 septembre 2023 :

07:15 Jean Pruvost, historien de la langue française.

07:40 Les 4 vérités : Olivier Véran, ministre chargé du Renouveau démocratique, porte-parole du Gouvernement.

08:15 Nicolas Chabanne, fondateur de C'est qui le patron ?

09:00 Mika, chanteur.

telematin_officiel IG story

X ( Twitter )

Demain dès 6.30 avec @marieportolano et @ThomasSotto

: #7h15 : @J_Pruvost historien de la langue française #Les4V :
@olivierveran Ministre chargé du Renouveau démocratique, porte-parole du Gouvernement
#Culture : @mikasounds

I love when at the end of the first part the presenter says to Mika : "when we listen to you sing we know why we love you, when we listen to you speak we know ever more why we love you..." 

It's so true!!! That exactly what I feel too. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Another interview with Mika.

Radio France Bleu "Decibeles".

Mika starts talking at 12'30

And he sings a line from Apocalypse Calypso

https://www.francebleu.fr/emissions/decibels-l-emission/mika-devoile-c-est-la-vie-un-hymne-a-l-amour-et-a-la-resistance-6922333

Thank you so much @Anna Ko Kolkowska   :flowers2: :huglove:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I recorded the audio.

Mika mentioned as well that he asked Valerie Lemercier to make some "aaaa" on Jane Birkin song.

Thanks a million @Anna Ko Kolkowska  :bow: :punk::hug:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, L'inconnue35 said:

I love when at the end of the first part the presenter says to Mika : "when we listen to you sing we know why we love you, when we listen to you speak we know ever more why we love you..." 

It's so true!!! That exactly what I feel too. 

Yes :wub2: She is a Mika fan too :hi5:

19 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I recorded the audio.

Here is the podcast from Europe 2.

https://www.europe2.fr/podcast?fbclid=IwAR0VdwkZfmANhSZgn5jjhbRn1kW7CfC4UU7oqQwn9CxbLQ4-e95CNu-ooa0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I recorded the audio.

And I remember hearing Mika during one of the concert.He said:

"pour votre sante buvez plus

pour votre sante bougez plus"

So actually he quoted one of his new songs!

Candide recorded it and now he reposted it on Twitter.

• Thanks 2