New Single by Mika & Vianney: Keep it Simple - Out 20 January 2023!

krysady

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

I like that one, but listening to some other Vianney songs on YT, I'm a bit unimpressed. Someone on the MFC Insta live said that his voice sounds like he's smiling, while to me it rather sounds like he's about to start crying. 😅 ... anyway in this clip with Ed Sheeran I like his voice, it's much clearer. And as this song sounds like an Ed Sheeran song, maybe the song he wrote with Mika will sound like a Mika song. :biggrin2: The little clip we can hear in the teaser sounds good already!

I was surprised to see that Vianney is only in his early 30s, somehow I had thought he was one of those older French chanson singers. On the MFC Insta live some French fans said he's like the French Ed Sheeran. Well, I don't hear that in his songs, definitely prefer Ed... but if he's as famous in France as Ed, a collab between Vianney & Mika surely is good promo. Besides that, of course I'd have preferred to get a pure Mika song as a single, and not another duet, but well, it's a start, happy to get new music and I hope that this is the starting point for lots and lots of Mika news, music, gigs, etc. :fangurl:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Does he have a signature style? Guitar, obviously. :naughty: Most typical song?

Yes, guitar solo for sure! His voice timbre is quite particular as well, and his lyrics are so well written (both for the meaning of the songs and the words he uses)! You should really translate some of them in order to understand...

And he wrote both ballads and dance and funny ones. 

I can share here a few videos I took during his concerts (but you can find more on my IG stories highlights @viirgola if you want :) )

"Emma" 

"Merci pour ça"

"La même" Edited by virgi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Maybe the song he wrote with Mika will sound like a Mika song. :biggrin2: The little clip we can hear in the teaser sounds good already!

I'd have preferred to get a pure Mika song as a single, and not another duet, but well, it's a start, happy to get new music and I hope that this is the starting point for lots and lots of Mika news, music, gigs, etc. :fangurl:

Same, I'm always wary of duets because it's not pure Mika. But I do like his work with Jack and Danna, maybe it'll fall into that category for me. :crossed: Sounds like this has an upbeat, laid back pop sound, like a cheeky chappy whistling in the street. :lol3:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, virgi said:

Yes, guitar solo for sure! His voice timbre is quite particular as well, and his lyrics are so well written (both for the meaning of the songs and the words he uses)! You should really translate some of them in order to understand...

And he wrote both ballads and dance and funny ones. 

I can share here a few videos I took during his concerts (but you can find more on my IG stories highlights @viirgola if you want :) )

"Emma" 

IMG_7212.MOV 105.16 MB · 0 downloads IMG_7199.mov 107.24 MB · 0 downloads "Merci pour ça"

IMG_6336.MOV 103.83 MB · 0 downloads "La même"

Thank you! I can't open the videos, it says the file can't be located. But I can check your insta, thanks! :original:

I know Mika posted a story from one of V's concerts saying how much he loved the whistling. Any idea which song that was?

52 minutes ago, mellody said:

On the MFC Insta live some French fans said he's like the French Ed Sheeran.

I think you can say so if you see Ed's and Vianney's concerts in big venues.

Both can just stand on the stage with a guitar in their hands and make thousands of people sing and jump like crazy.

BTW, Mareva de Lyon (you remember the girl which Mika invited twice to play Underwater), she is a huge fan of Vianney (like many Mika fans) and she managed to get on stage on Vianney's gig. And he gave her his guitar to play during one of his song :lol3:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

I'm really looking forward to the song, a solo single from Mika would have been nice of course but from what I've heard in the snippet this does sound like a happy upbeat song.

I went and listened to a random mix of Vianney's songs and it's not really my thing. I like the Ed Sheeran collab (tbh I just like Ed :naughty:) and one other of Vianney's called Dumbo, the video to that is really sweet too!  But that's about it... well at least until Friday! 😁

• Like 2

Of course, like many, I will still prefer Mika in solo but...  I like Vianney, so I'm very happy he's making a collaboration with him ! :lol: I'm curious to hear it, really. 

And  new music, especially just before my birthday and without any warning, that's just GOOD ! 

• Like 2

I was sure that if it's a French singer, it must be a French song, but as the title is English, maybe it really is in both languages, like the Ed Sheeran/Vianney song? I'd like that, because it would connect the 2 languages that Mika grew up with - and at least I'd be able then to sing along to half of the song, lol! :lol3:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Creo que puedes decirlo si ves los conciertos de Ed y Vianney en grandes lugares.

Ambos pueden simplemente pararse en el escenario con una guitarra en sus manos y hacer que miles de personas canten y salten como locas.

Por cierto, Mareva de Lyon (te acuerdas de la chica a la que Mika invitó dos veces a tocar Underwater), es una gran fan de Vianney (como muchos fans de Mika) y se las arregló para subir al escenario en el concierto de Vianney. Y él le dio su guitarra para tocar durante una de sus canciones. :lol3:

what a lucky girl! I wish I had been there (occasionally that only happens when I sleep) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Estoy tan emocionada de escuchar la canción de mika, y por lo que dicen parece ser una canción muy dulce. Creo que esta colaboración va a ser otra de sus increíbles canciones que tiene mika con otros cantantes como fedez, danna paola, ariana grande o jack soveretii, la verdad no espero mucho o muy poco de esta colaboración, pero estoy muy agradecida de volver a escuchar a mika y con nueva música. (por cierto, me encantó la canción de mika con jack):cloud:

I have written all this in Spanish but I translate it into English with an option on my keyboard, what I don't know is how you read it, in Spanish or in English? :loco:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mellody said:

while to me it rather sounds like he's about to start crying. 😅 ...

That's exactly the feeling I get as well :aah: I'm curious how their voices goes together, because till now I think the best match was with Jack Savoretti :wub2:

13 hours ago, mellody said:

I was surprised to see that Vianney is only in his early 30s, somehow I had thought he was one of those older French chanson singers.

I read somewhere that he is the youngest coach at The Voice in history, and I remember he was already invited at the show a few years ago as a co-coach for Zazie, while Mika was also a coach ( for season 6 I think).

• Like 2

• dcdeb changed the title to New Single by Mika & Vianney: Keep it Simple - Out 20 January 2023!

On Facebook account of Hit West radio station:

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=886107572710435&set=a.808459313808595

Hâte d'écouter le nouveau titre de Vianney et Mika ? 😍
"Keep it simple" sera sur Hit West demain à 8h !!
On sent que ce titre va finir dans nos coups de cœur... 😏

Can't wait to listen to Vianney and Mika's new title? 😍
"Keep it simple" will be on Hit West tomorrow at 8am!!
We feel that this title will end up in our favorites... 😏

image.thumb.png.b7a066e51f18431b24e7cc4e46b34dad.png

• Like 6

18 hours ago, KAMI_83 said:

Estoy tan emocionada de escuchar la canción de mika, y por lo que dicen parece ser una canción muy dulce. Creo que esta colaboración va a ser otra de sus increíbles canciones que tiene mika con otros cantantes como fedez, danna paola, ariana grande o jack soveretii, la verdad no espero mucho o muy poco de esta colaboración, pero estoy muy agradecida de volver a escuchar a mika y con nueva música. (por cierto, me encantó la canción de mika con jack):cloud:

I have written all this in Spanish but I translate it into English with an option on my keyboard, what I don't know is how you read it, in Spanish or in English? :loco:

I see it in Spanish. :original:

• Sad 1

Ok, there are definitely more instruments than a piano and a guitar. 😅

I like the song, I think it puts you in a good mood. :original:

But now I'm tired and I'm going to sleep. :sleep:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Ok, there are definitely more instruments than a piano and a guitar. 😅

I like the song, I think it puts you in a good mood. :original:

But now I'm tired and I'm going to sleep. :sleep:

Yes. The song is not bad but it doesn't drive me crazy. 

• Like 1

I think it's a cute song but I prefer Mika's voice alone without Vianney too. :-) And I don't know, it could be a little faster but it's cute either way. I had a moment with my former doctor too, so I can certainly relate to the message (although I think it's only a metaphor). And of course, I can also interpret the song as being about the Doctor from Doctor Who :D 

• Like 3

Sorry can someone give a meaning to ' no Mary Jane' and from ' my Jimmy to my Jaw'. I like the Melody, but i can' t catch totally the meaning, if someone could help with the meaning of the Song in general 🙏💚 I think It Is a nice Song, i like the changes from english to french and the sound 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, peroalessandra said:

Sorry can someone give a meaning to ' no Mary Jane' and from ' my Jimmy to my Jaw'. I like the Melody, but i can' t catch totally the meaning, if someone could help with the meaning of the Song in general 🙏💚 I think It Is a nice Song, i like the changes from english to french and the sound 

In this thread, they are talking about the lyrics. :-) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1