2023 - Mika @ Brava Madrid Festival, SPAIN, September 22

Mikasister

Just booked my flights. :lol: Found one for half the price that I saw the last few weeks, I just need to fly from Frankfurt instead of Munich on the way to Madrid.

Are you all staying near the venue, or rather near the city centre?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Just booked my flights. :lol: Found one for half the price that I saw the last few weeks, I just need to fly from Frankfurt instead of Munich on the way to Madrid.

That’s so great!! And I’ll be glad to see you again! ☺️ 

I actually didn’t book my hotel yet, but I think I’ll probably look for something close to the venue… but I’m not sure yet to be honest ahah 😅

• Like 3

On 8/7/2023 at 3:46 PM, mellody said:

I am staying near the city centre, actually in the city centre. I was looking for options near the venue too but I didn't find anything nearby and when it was closer to the venue, it took the same time to get there by the metro because it was a different line. So I thought I will enjoy the city, I've never been to Madrid before and I want to visit some places before (and after) the festival. :biggrin2:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I am staying near the city centre, actually in the city centre. I was looking for options near the venue too but I didn't find anything nearby and when it was closer to the venue, it took the same time to get there by the metro because it was a different line. So I thought I will enjoy the city, I've never been to Madrid before and I want to visit some places before (and after) the festival. :biggrin2:

There are 2 hotels right next to the venue, but they're a bit pricey, so I might go for a hostel in the centre. Takes at least an hour from the airport, and I only arrive very late at night on Thursday (and surely also on Friday after the show), so I'll see if I can find some nightlife area where it feels safe at night. I've never been to Madrid either, and I have the Friday morning (not planning to queue early) and the Saturday for sightseeing, as my flight home only leaves in the evening.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mellody said:

There are 2 hotels right next to the venue, but they're a bit pricey, so I might go for a hostel in the centre. Takes at least an hour from the airport, and I only arrive very late at night on Thursday (and surely also on Friday after the show), so I'll see if I can find some nightlife area where it feels safe at night. I've never been to Madrid either, and I have the Friday morning (not planning to queue early) and the Saturday for sightseeing, as my flight home only leaves in the evening.

Yes, I was looking for hostels near Gran Vía, there are a lot of cheap and nice looking options with good ratings and the area is very busy with a lot of traffic so I guess there will be people on the street even at night (especially in Spain where people go for dinner almost at midnight :lmfao:). Tbh, that's another reason why I prefer city centre, it usually feels safer at night than some outskirt areas. And there is a metro station right in front of the venue (even though I might take an uber after the gig, the metro only runs to 1.30 a.m.) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

(even though I might take an uber after the gig, the metro only runs to 1.30 a.m.) 

Might be worth checking taxis and noting contact details before you go. In A Coruña we had planned to get an Uber or a Lyft from the airport, but neither operated in the area. Not sure if it's the same for all Spain, Madrid might be different, but do check beforehand.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hero said:

Might be worth checking taxis and noting contact details before you go. In A Coruña we had planned to get an Uber or a Lyft from the airport, but neither operated in the area. Not sure if it's the same for all Spain, Madrid might be different, but do check beforehand.

Uber does operate in Spain in large cities including Madrid but it doesn't have to be an Uber of course, I just used the word for all similar services... :biggrin2: I would definitely prepare beforehand :wink2:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Uber does operate in Spain in large cities including Madrid but it doesn't have to be an Uber of course, I just used the word for all similar services... :biggrin2: I would definitely prepare beforehand :wink2:

Yeah, I've just been looking online as I was curious. Maybe we should have done that before A Coruña! :doh:

This site recommends Cabify and Bolt as popular Uber alternatives in Spain:

https://thespaintravelguru.com/uber-in-spain/#:~:text=Cabify – the best Uber alternative in Spain,-Operating much like&text=It operates much like Uber,Cabify Group%2C and Cabify Kids.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Does anyone know how many stages there will be? The line up is enough for 2 stages, I would say (at the least).

They said on Instagram that there will be 3 “areas/stages”, one for “hits”, one for “pop” and one for “electronic” music 😊 

This is the map they posted:

IMG_5193.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

:spain: ¡ATENCIÓN FANS DE HABLA ESPAÑOLA! :spain: 

Has visto videos de fans en Corea, Japón, Italia y Francia haciéndole preguntas a Mika. ¡Ahora es el momento para los fans de habla hispana!

¿Tienes alguna pregunta que siempre has querido hacerle a Mika? Tal vez sobre una gira en tu país, sus comidas españolas favoritas, o tal vez nueva música...

Envía tus vídeos cortos con tus preguntas al equipo de Mika a mikacompetition@gmail.com

FECHA LÍMITE: 15 DE SEPTIEMBRE DE 2023!

NOTA: ¡Esto está abierto a todos los fanáticos de habla hispana, incluidos aquellos en México, América Latina, América del Sur, etc.!

Valentines Day Love GIF

:spain:ATTENTION SPANISH-SPEAKING FANS! :spain:

You have seen fans in Korea, Japan, Italy and France asking Mika questions, and now it's time for fans in Spanish-speaking countries!

Do you have a question you have always wanted to ask Mika? Maybe about touring in your country, his favourite Spanish foods, or perhaps about new music....

Send your short videos with your questions in to Mika's team at mikacompetition@gmail.com

DEADLINE: 15 SEPTEMBER 2023!

NOTE: This is open to ALL fans who speak Spanish, including those in Mexico and the rest of Latin America, South America, etc.!

Valentines Day Love GIF

• Like 3

On 9/4/2023 at 7:08 PM, giraffeandy said:

Btw, the door opens at 16:00 both nights. Will you already be there by that time? 

Yes, I think so. Not queueing all day (tho I think some might), but be there for the doors opening, without having to queue too long. Behind the ones who queue since the morning, before the ones who come just in time. :lol3:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, silver said:

Presumably the festival site hasn't been affected by the weather? (Flooding in the Madrid region).

I read some news about it and it seems that the most affected places are in the region of Madrid but the capital itself hasn't suffered major damages. I've only seen some articles about water in the metro or on the roads but nothing too serious. So I think the festival is fine, the organizers still keep promoting it. But the photos from the affected villages outside of Madrid are indeed horrible. Hopefully there are no more heavy rains.

• Like 1

Just a reminder to our Spanish-speaking fans -- deadline to get your videos in to be included in a Q & A for Mika is this Friday, 15th September!

If you haven't submitted your video yet, please check out the details here:

• Like 1

I was thinking of a fanaction that includes the pink and green colours from Mika's C'est La Vie artwork. I suppose the easiest would be paper hearts like @Anna Ko Kolkowska made them for several shows in 2019/2020 and also for London last year. But only in these 2 colours, not all rainbow colours. Or do you think we should only make them pink, because of the pink dresscode? I still have several sheets of light pink paper, so I could definitely bring some. We could write on them what songs they are for, I'd suggest it for C'est La Vie and another song (OOL? Tiny Love?), in case he doesn't sing C'est La Vie.

Opinions? Ideas? ;)

• Like 4

Btw, Brava Madrid had a Q&A on their Instagram, and they said the area is open air! I wasn't aware of that, thought it would be inside. They also mention that it can get chill in the evening, so it's recommended to dress accordingly. Doors open at 4pm.

And I think they also said something that drinks can only be bought with the wristband, and you somehow have to load money on it to use that? Maybe someone understood better what they mean? Of course I'd like to be able to get some water, but if it turns out complicated, I might just bring my foldable bottle and get tap water. Well, hopefully there IS tap water and not just Dixie toilets, as it's outside... :blink: Or can we bring water, does it say that anywhere? It's not as hot anymore as in summer, but I still hope they don't make it too hard to get some water. Seeing how it was so far with their organization, I wouldn't be surprised if you can only load money on the wristbands from a Spanish bank account or something. 😒

• Like 3