2023 - Mika @ Brava Madrid Festival, SPAIN, September 22

Mikasister

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I was thinking of a fanaction that includes the pink and green colours from Mika's C'est La Vie artwork. I suppose the easiest would be paper hearts like @Anna Ko Kolkowska made them for several shows in 2019/2020 and also for London last year. But only in these 2 colours, not all rainbow colours. Or do you think we should only make them pink, because of the pink dresscode? I still have several sheets of light pink paper, so I could definitely bring some. We could write on them what songs they are for, I'd suggest it for C'est La Vie and another song (OOL? Tiny Love?), in case he doesn't sing C'est La Vie.

Opinions? Ideas? ;)

I like the Idea of two colours: pink and pale green. Pink suits to the festival colour. And if you add a bit of green hearts (less than pink ones)  it will be our "secret sign" related to C'est la vie and to Mika 😜

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mellody said:

I was thinking of a fanaction that includes the pink and green colours from Mika's C'est La Vie artwork. I suppose the easiest would be paper hearts like @Anna Ko Kolkowska made them for several shows in 2019/2020 and also for London last year. But only in these 2 colours, not all rainbow colours. Or do you think we should only make them pink, because of the pink dresscode? I still have several sheets of light pink paper, so I could definitely bring some. We could write on them what songs they are for, I'd suggest it for C'est La Vie and another song (OOL? Tiny Love?), in case he doesn't sing C'est La Vie.

Opinions? Ideas? ;)

Ooh yes, that’s a great idea!! 😊
I personally think it would be really nice with both green and pink hearts, never mind about the dresscode hahaha 😉 But it’s true he might not sing C’est La Vie since we’re in Spain… so if we can’t use them on that song, maybe the green makes less sense ahah so actually I don’t know 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I like the Idea of two colours: pink and pale green. Pink suits to the festival colour. And if you add a bit of green hearts (less than pink ones)  it will be our "secret sign" related to C'est la vie and to Mika 😜

Oh sorry I hadn’t seen your answer before posting mine 😅 but I agree hahahaha ☺️😉

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Btw, Brava Madrid had a Q&A on their Instagram, and they said the area is open air! I wasn't aware of that, thought it would be inside. They also mention that it can get chill in the evening, so it's recommended to dress accordingly. Doors open at 4pm.

And I think they also said something that drinks can only be bought with the wristband, and you somehow have to load money on it to use that? Maybe someone understood better what they mean? Of course I'd like to be able to get some water, but if it turns out complicated, I might just bring my foldable bottle and get tap water. Well, hopefully there IS tap water and not just Dixie toilets, as it's outside... :blink: Or can we bring water, does it say that anywhere? It's not as hot anymore as in summer, but I still hope they don't make it too hard to get some water. Seeing how it was so far with their organization, I wouldn't be surprised if you can only load money on the wristbands from a Spanish bank account or something. 😒

Yes, drinks can only be bought with the wristband 😐 I have no idea how we are supposed to load money on it, all I know is that they already give us the possibility to put 50€ on it in advance (right now if we want to), but I know that I’m not going to spend 50€ on drinks, I’ll probably just want a bottle of water, so it doesn’t make any sense for me to load that much money on my wristband… I hope that over there we’ll be able to just put like 5€ on it, but unfortunately I’m not sure 😅

And I don’t think they’ll allow us to bring water, they said on their website that outside drinks are not allowed 😞 (though they haven’t said anything about water specifically, maybe water is fine…)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Roxane said:

Yes, drinks can only be bought with the wristband 😐 I have no idea how we are supposed to load money on it, all I know is that they already give us the possibility to put 50€ on it in advance (right now if we want to), but I know that I’m not going to spend 50€ on drinks, I’ll probably just want a bottle of water, so it doesn’t make any sense for me to load that much money on my wristband… I hope that over there we’ll be able to just put like 5€ on it, but unfortunately I’m not sure 😅

And I don’t think they’ll allow us to bring water, they said on their website that outside drinks are not allowed 😞 (though they haven’t said anything about water specifically, maybe water is fine…)

I agree with you here… also, it only seems to be for drinks at the bar? Food is paid with cash or card, as far as I could understand the email, did I understand this right?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I agree with you here… also, it only seems to be for drinks at the bar? Food is paid with cash or card, as far as I could understand the email, did I understand this right?

Yes, you understood it right! 😉

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mellody said:

Of course I'd like to be able to get some water, but if it turns out complicated, I might just bring my foldable bottle and get tap water. Well, hopefully there IS tap water and not just Dixie toilets, as it's outside... :blink:

I had exactly the same thoughts, I'll bring my soft water bottle but I'm not sure if there will be potable tap water...

I'm just wondering if you can buy a simple bottle of water at a food stand where you can pay with a card or if you need the cashless wristband for the bar even if you don't want any alcoholic drinks. I don't know if there will be a minimum amount you have to charge to the wristband but I read that you have to pay an administrative fee for refunds. It's really not worth it for one bottle of water. So I would prefer to pay with my card if possible. Or I would share a wristband with my friend if there's no other option. Why are they making basic human needs so difficult? :lmfao: 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2023 at 10:53 PM, Hero said:

Yeah, I've just been looking online as I was curious. Maybe we should have done that before A Coruña! :doh:

A Coruna was quite spontaneous, we didn't really have time for it. :lmfao:And we didn't know we would arrive so late. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Roxane said:

Oh @mellody, I forgot I wanted to ask you… I saw that you were going to give Mika the yearbook at the festival, are you going to give it to him in person? 😊

That's the plan, but I have no idea yet where & when exactly. Right now I'm more worried about getting the yearbook in time before I'm leaving (there was a delay at the printer), or I might have to change my travel plans, to take it with me... which would cost a lot of money, so please fingers crossed that the estimated delivery on Wednesday will work out! :crossed:

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

That's the plan, but I have no idea yet where & when exactly. Right now I'm more worried about getting the yearbook in time before I'm leaving (there was a delay at the printer), or I might have to change my travel plans, to take it with me... which would cost a lot of money, so please fingers crossed that the estimated delivery on Wednesday will work out! :crossed:

:crossed::crossed::crossed::pray::pray::pray::crossed::crossed::crossed:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

:crossed:  :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe one of us should buy this drinks promo thing, where you get 60€ worth drinks for paying 50€, and the others would pay them in cash for getting drinks. 😅 But I also hope that maybe you can get water at the food stands as well, with cash/card. Maybe someone could ask them in Spanish? It's really not helpful that they don't even have a proper English version of their website. And on IG they publish many infos in pictures, which can't be translated by IG. A huge festival like that with lots of international artists should also take more care of the international guests, imo. :dunno: (tho maybe I only expect that because I understand much less Spanish than Italian or French :teehee: :dunno_grin:)

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, mellody said:

:fairy::puppy_eyes::pray:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Roxane said:

But it’s true he might not sing C’est La Vie since we’re in Spain

I would be very surprised if he didn't sing C'est La Vie, as he wants to promote the song. After all, he still sings Elle Me Dit and also Boom Boom in Spain. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I would be very surprised if he didn't sing C'est La Vie, as he wants to promote the song. After all, he still sings Elle Me Dit and also Boom Boom in Spain. :dunno_grin:

That'd be fab! :excite: At which point of the setlist did he sing it in Chalons?

• Like 1

Just now, mellody said:

That'd be fab! :excite: At which point of the setlist did he sing it in Chalons?

Oh, you ask me questions. :sweatdrop:

I think it was somewhere in the middle of the setlist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ohh I hope everything will work out!!! :crossed::crossed::crossed:

• Like 2

Maybe one of us should buy this drinks promo thing, where you get 60€ worth drinks for paying 50€, and the others would pay them in cash for getting drinks. 😅 But I also hope that maybe you can get water at the food stands as well, with cash/card. Maybe someone could ask them in Spanish? It's really not helpful that they don't even have a proper English version of their website. And on IG they publish many infos in pictures, which can't be translated by IG. A huge festival like that with lots of international artists should also take more care of the international guests, imo. :dunno: (tho maybe I only expect that because I understand much less Spanish than Italian or French :teehee: :dunno_grin:)

That might actually not be a bad idea! 😊 But I am going to ask them on Instagram, maybe water can be bought with cash since it’s not alcohol, we never know 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

That’s true!! I hope he will sing it, I really want to hear it live hehehe 😊🥰

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mellody said:

:crossed:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mellody said:

Opinions? Ideas? ;)

Love the idea! I also think both colours are better! :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roxane said:

That might actually not be a bad idea! 😊 But I am going to ask them on Instagram, maybe water can be bought with cash since it’s not alcohol, we never know 😅

I think the bracelet is to buy drinks at the bar and in the food area you could also buy bottles of water, but I could ask them on Insta in the morning too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2