Hello my fellows! I`m a brand new person!

TheOneAndOnlyLeo

I may be new to the Mika Fan Club (you all seem like such wonderful people by the way) but I am not new to being a Mika Fan at all. It is quite recent that I started getting really into him and his music though. 

My name is Leo, I live in Switzerland and am open to questions if you have any. Mostly I am just here to have fun and appriciate Mika`s tendancy to stand on pianos. I have never been to a concert unfortunately, but am hoping to attend one when he comes to Sion in the summer! 

All in all, have a nice day! I`ve personally ordered it.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

@linzijay My heart goes out to you! In the US it`s a bit more complicated to get to concerts, so you have all my sympathies. Sion is actually almost on the other side of the country for me, but since it`s Switzerland that means it is max a three-hour trainride :lmfao:

It takes a 45 minute train to get to the next STATE where I live :lol:

• Haha 4

:welcomeani:@TheOneAndOnlyLeo again

9 hours ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

Sion is actually almost on the other side of the country for me, but since it`s Switzerland that means it is max a three-hour trainride :lmfao:

So, where do you leave in Switzerland? :original:

The thread below will help you find your way around the forum (it certainly helped me a lot :original:):

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

@Prisca Thank you so much! I live in Basel. Where do you live, if you don`t mind me asking?

In Graubünden :wink2:

Then maybe we'll see each other in Sion. :original:

@Prisca I sure hope so! I am dying to see Mika live.

Graubünden is a beautiful place, I`ve been a couple of times (for skiing and hiking) and have always been impressed by it`s beauty. We don`t have mountains in Basel, so we don`t get the "authentic Swiss experience". The romansh language fascinates me as well, I am a fan of Latin and how languages evolve and are connected. I am a bit jealous of where you live now! :wink2:

• Like 1

Just now, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

@Prisca I sure hope so! I am dying to see Mika live.

Graubünden is a beautiful place, I`ve been a couple of times (for skiing and hiking) and have always been impressed by it`s beauty. We don`t have mountains in Basel, so we don`t get the "authentic Swiss experience". The romansh language fascinates me as well, I am a fan of Latin and how languages evolve and are connected. I am a bit jealous of where you live now! :wink2:

Since I grew up in the mountains, I always took them for granted and didn't think they were anything special, the people of the lowlands had to make me aware of that. 😆All places have their advantages. :wink2:In Basel, you can get to France and Germany quickly and have an airport close by. I have to drive at least two hours to the airport every time. I am a Romansh speaker. :wink2:

• Like 1

@Prisca If you can call any place in Switzerland "lowlands"! And you are Romansh speaker! Is it your mother tongue?

I remember a fun experience I had in Graubünden. My friends and I asked some local boys for directions and they started giggling and chatting among themselves in a language none of us could understand. My italian friend kept shaking her head saying "I can almost understand them". In the end we found out where we had to go, but it was a memorable meeting nonetheless!

Edited by TheOneAndOnlyLeo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

If you can call any place in Switzerland "lowlands"!

If you compare it to the mountains, yes, if you compare it to the Netherlands, then no. :lmfao:

3 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

And you are Romansh speaker! Is it your mother tongue?

Yes

4 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

My friends and I asked some local boys for directions and they started giggling and chatting among themselves in a language none of us could understand. My italian friend kept shaking her head saying "I can almost understand them". In the end we found out where we had to go, but it was a memorable meeting nonetheless!

Interesting story :original:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hero said:

Hi Leo, pleased to meet you! I'm Andrea in the UK. Have fun here, there's so much to see! 

:welcomeani:

Hi Andrea! I really feel warmly welcomed! I have been exploring the MFC and I agree, there is so much to see! 

• Like 1

Welcome @TheOneAndOnlyLeo :bye:

I'm Celine from France.

You'll see, this forum is AMAZING and above all, the MFC is like a big family from all over the world! :groupwave:

Such beautiful friendships born from here. :lustslow:

Have a great time, really!

Mika GIF by X Factor Italia

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Welcome (again!) Leo! 

I'm CJ from the UK, and I'm sure you'll discover a whole lot of Mika goodness here from the MFC!

Have fun here 😁

Thank you so much! I have alreaady discovered plenty, and all of you seem like fun!

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Hi, @TheOneAndOnlyLeo :bye:  Welcome to the MFC :welcomeani:  Good luck with seeing Mika live in Sion and be prepared for a special experience :thumb_yello:

I am really dreaming of seeing him live. I don`t think I have ever wished for something more. Something could be said for my priorities.....

1 hour ago, Happymika_by_celine said:

Welcome @TheOneAndOnlyLeo :bye:

I'm Celine from France.

You'll see, this forum is AMAZING and above all, the MFC is like a big family from all over the world! :groupwave:

Such beautiful friendships born from here. :lustslow:

Have a great time, really!

Mika GIF by X Factor Italia

I already feel adopted, Celine. I am really getting the warmest welcome from you all!

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

:welcomeani: Leo!

I'm in the US, wishing I could go to Switzerland this year, but oh well! I know you're going to have a fabulous time!

I really hope I get to go! Nothing is set yet, but we will see.....Please, come visit my country whenever you want! Even without Mika we have some sights :lmfao:

• Like 3

Hello Leo!  I joined the Fan Club only last year so I'm pretty new here. Like you I haven't been to a Mika gig yet but I'm really looking forward to seeing him in July in Matera, which isn't far from where I live. I've enjoyed being a member of the Club and hope you will too. 😊

Hello Leo, welcome to the MFC! My name is Sara ^_^ 

I'm sure you'd have a fantastic time in Sion this summer, I really hope you can make it. In that case, you'll have to tell us everything about your first Mika gig! 

Edited by sara09

18 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Hello Leo!  I joined the Fan Club only last year so I'm pretty new here. Like you I haven't been to a Mika gig yet but I'm really looking forward to seeing him in July in Matera, which isn't far from where I live. I've enjoyed being a member of the Club and hope you will too. 😊

Looks like his Matera gig will be right after his gig in Sion :) I am very excited for you. I love Italy so much, and Mika just makes it better!

• Like 1