Virtual fan action for Mika's 40th birthday 2023

Anna Ko Kolkowska

Hi,

In 8 days Mika will celebrate his 40th birthday.

I was wondering if we could make again the virtual fan action on Twitter and Instagram as we did last year.

As Mika's main theme on stage is flowers I think it would be pretty justified to send him virtual bouquets again.

For those who didn't participate last year:

We post birthday greetings to Mika on Twitter  and/or Instagram with a photo with flowers.

And we add tags like "Mikabirthday #happybirthdaymika

I would propose this year another tag: #mayyourheadalwaysbloom

Maybe you have other ideas, so please write about it in this thread.

image.thumb.png.f4a71c89db90f81a9abc09c08d262bde.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hi,

I was wondering if we could make again the virtual fan action on Twitter and Instagram as we did last year.

As Mika's main theme on stage is flowers I think it would be pretty justified to send him virtual bouquets again.

We post birthday greetings to Mika on Twitter  and/or Instagram with a photo with flowers.

Thank you for posting this  Anna :flowers2: :huglove:

I really want to do it again and those three tags would be perfect :thumb_yello:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hi,

Love this idea, Anna! I think it's perfectly appropriate as you say!

Also, thought I'd slip in a reminder to anyone who hasn't contributed to our fundraiser for UNHCR yet:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/mika-40th-birthday

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hi,

This is great! I already have a flower-themed post planned so I will now be using the hashtags you suggested (I’m not really posting a bouquet, but it’s close).

• Like 5

This is a lovely idea and after what he just posted on Instagram (about the tiger head) I think he'll really appreciate his fans sharing their birthday wishes with flowers! ⚘🌷🌼🌻🌺🌹💐

• Like 6

On 8/10/2023 at 1:26 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Love it, especially with this tag. :wub2: Mika also used it as a hashtag in his post about the tour and talks about it again in today's post, so it's perfect to push this some more for his bday. :thumb_yello:

• Like 4

Hello, good idea the flowers, but I’m not sure about the « may your head always bloom » as it’s his mother who wrote this to him, and I saw a video on Instagram of a concert this summer where he saw panels with those words and said «  be careful what you write because it can have consequences « , and he looks sad… 

so maybe « flowers «  or  « tiger head » , what do you think? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Valerie L said:

but I’m not sure about the « may your head always bloom » as it’s his mother who wrote this to him

I was thinking the same, it sounds like something very personal and valuable to him exactly because those are his mother's words.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Valerie L said:

Hello, good idea the flowers, but I’m not sure about the « may your head always bloom » as it’s his mother who wrote this to him, and I saw a video on Instagram of a concert this summer where he saw panels with those words and said «  be careful what you write because it can have consequences « , and he looks sad… 

7 minutes ago, krysady said:

I was thinking the same, it sounds like something very personal and valuable to him exactly because those are his mother's words.

I think you are digging too deep.

This is his official manifest and he shares it with all his audience. So it's hard to call it as something very personal. 

Anyway you can put any other hashtag as you wish.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

This is his official manifest and he shares it with all his audience.

He also used pictures of his parents on stage set, which is also something personal imo, but it's totally acceptable when it comes from his part as it's his choice to share it with us... but of course every one could have their own point of view :wink2:

1 hour ago, Valerie L said:

From what I saw and heard, he loved the fanaction where they wrote "may your head always bloom". And what he said about the consequences was re. fans asking to sing with him on stage, I remember seeing a video of that, I think from Italy. But if you have a video where he says that in regard to the "may your head always bloom" signs, feel free to post it here, I haven't seen that. Mika used the hashtag himself in his post about the tour last week and in his most recent post he says it's his manifesto, so I think he'll like it if we use it for his birthday.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, mellody said:

From what I saw and heard, he loved the fanaction where they wrote "may your head always bloom". And what he said about the consequences was re. fans asking to sing with him on stage, I remember seeing a video of that, I think from Italy. But if you have a video where he says that in regard to the "may your head always bloom" signs, feel free to post it here, I haven't seen that. Mika used the hashtag himself in his post about the tour last week and in his most recent post he says it's his manifesto, so I think he'll like it if we use it for his birthday.

Yes, this is what I remember as well.

The whole concert to rewatch

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

From what I saw and heard, he loved the fanaction where they wrote "may your head always bloom". And what he said about the consequences was re. fans asking to sing with him on stage

42 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, this is what I remember as well.

I can confirm this, I was actually at the concert where he said this :biggrin2: it was very funny. Also, he was very moved by the fanaction and even asked someone from his team to film us holding up the signs:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I can confirm this, I was actually at the concert where he said this :biggrin2: it was very funny. Also, he was very moved by the fanaction and even asked someone from his team to film us holding up the signs:

IMG_7005.mov 37.21 MB · 0 downloads  

Thanks! I haven't seen that before. So I suppose it won't bother him at all :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

Thanks! I haven't seen that before. So I suppose it won't bother him at all :thumb_yello:

After that came Happy Ending. Right before he started signing he was standing in the dark and either wiped away tears (or sweat :biggrin2:) underneath his eyes. But seeing the video above: we know they were positive tears. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

After that came Happy Ending. Right before he started signing he was standing in the dark and either wiped away tears (or sweat :biggrin2:) underneath his eyes. But seeing the video above: we know they were positive tears. 

Oh no! Now we'll gonna make him cry on his b-day?? :aah:

• Haha 1

I think he'd be happy to see it now. A year ago I cringed when it was said in his birthday video, I remember thinking "oh god no, it's too soon,  those were his mother's words, we don't have the right to use them!"... 🥺 But now, he seems to have fully embraced it - he's used the words publicly, stated them as his ethos and included them in the tour - they're still special, but no longer private, they've taken on a life and meaning beyond the original message, so this year I think we can safely use them, as a reflection of his own ethos, our own wishes for him, and a positive echo of the love that wished to see him always be inspired, creative, happy and successful. ❤️‍🩹🤗

Hopefully the only tears will be good ones! 🤞

• Like 8