Heja from Finland! It's good to be here.

Svampsoppa

(Well at first I must make excuses about my English skills.) I’ve been sneaking around on this website long enough. I made a bet: if someone had made an introduction, so will I (thank you Franzi).

Hey! I’m Saimi from (Pirkanmaa) Finland. I’m 15 years old and I go to upper secondary school. I live in the countryside. Some facts about me: My personality type is INFJ. I like the Swedish language (also the country). I like to play guitar. I cycle around a lot.

I’d like to work in humanitarian aid.

I started listening to music at the age 13. At first I appreciated only hit songs. I made a (70 h+) playlist that included popular music and every song that I knew I knew. I picked Grace Kelly (which I didn’t know) and Lollipop (I knew it for some reason). I really liked the colourful artwork of the album cover. I forgot the account and the playlist disappeared. 

Later I kept hanging mostly the decade between the 60s and the 70s and I listened to folk, progressive, psychedelic, soul, blues, vaudeville… (The bad thing about listening to old music is that those artists don’t often release new music and the internet doesn’t have that much discussion about songs. Some artists have been named as legends, some others are forgotten and the content about them is nonexistent. But it’s not about which artist is bad or underrated I think it’s more about what influential people appreciate and what become popular. The corruption of music.) So without exploration many talented musicians may not be found (especially non-English speakers). 

Mika is not very well known in Finland. However, last spring one of my classmates sang the “relax, take it easy” -line in English class. I searched for the song and so I picked the mood lifter of summer vacation. In June I worked at a nursery garden and kept myself busy…

…Then I messed up my sleep pattern. I spent my nights listening to music. Summer nights have something magical that makes my creativity go to the next level. However I had to respect the silence, which is bleak while listening to music. (I’m singing and making descriptive interpretations all the time.) Of course I climbed out the window and walked around singing songs. (NB! I LIVE IN THE RURAL AREA, so I’m not that crazy) I got to the van and kept on singing. I took a deep dive of live videos of Mika and got very impressed. I like his sense of humour and his humility. I still curse his vocal range.

I have enjoyed the subtitled videos and reading song discussions. Thank you! I really hope that I will join the conversation. -Courage-

Thank you!

• Saimi 

PS. Please correct me (or Google Translate) if I'm saying things wrong.

• Like 9

Hello and welcome to the MFC!
I admire your fascination with music and your willingness to discover all kinds of different music.

Here's a video I took in Colmar last year, I thought you might like it because of your comment about his vocal range. I love the way he randomly jumps down and then back up an octave :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

Hello and welcome to the MFC!
I admire your fascination with music and your willingness to discover all kinds of different music.

Here's a video I took in Colmar last year, I thought you might like it because of your comment about his vocal range. I love the way he randomly jumps down and then back up an octave :D

c3183a8b-c5a3-4697-9534-4caa0834d0f9.MP4.36834e7a1073b3f3cc5ac047935f6d45.MOV 5.39 MB · 3 downloads  

That's cool :)

Hi Saimi :bye: and :welcomeani:to MFC :huglove:

Enjoy sharing Mika's love here with us :group_hug:

Not sure if all the links are still good in this thread but you might enjoy it https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/30851-mika-rare-video-treasures-for-newbies-and-others/page/10/#comments

And if you look for anything Mika related you can ask here https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/28644-the-looking-for-something-thread-part-ii/ and fans who can will help :wink2:

There is also Mika encyclopedia.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

Hi everyone!!

I'm Diana from Indonesia. I just joined MFC on September 15th. First of all, thank you MFC for allowing me to join. I would like to greet MFC members who have joined for a long time. I know that not many fans from my country join MFC, maybe because of lack of information, but that doesn't mean there aren't many Mika fans in Indonesia. I've only known Mika for the past few months, which is sad..😢, but better late than never!! 🤭🤣

It turned out that Mika had done a concert in Indonesia in 2013, which was even sadder😭, because I missed the concert..😖. I hope Mika is willing to come again to make a concert in Indonesia to meet his "Hardcore Fans", Mika's nickname for fans in Indonesia😆. Now this country has changed a lot, unlike 10 years ago.

I got to know Mika through YouTube, I was interested in hearing the song Happy ending, that was Mika's song that I heard for the first time and I love it, finally I looked for information about Mika on the internet and his other songs, and I found out information about MFC and are interested in joining so that I can stay updated with information about Mika. I am happy to join at MFC to make communication and sharing information with members from all over the world.

I hope everyone is always happy and healthy.

Nice to see u all..!!🤗

Edited by Divera Zilvania
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Divera Zilvania said:

Hi everyone!!

I'm Diana from Indonesia. I just joined MFC on September 15th. First of all, thank you MFC for allowing me to join. I would like to greet MFC members who have joined for a long time. I know that not many fans from my country join MFC, maybe because of lack of information, but that doesn't mean there aren't many Mika fans in Indonesia. I've only known Mika for the past few months, which is sad..😢, but better late than never!! 🤭🤣

It turned out that Mika had done a concert in Indonesia in 2013, which was even sadder😭, because I missed the concert..😖. I hope Mika is willing to come again to make a concert in Indonesia to meet his "Hardcore Fans", Mika's nickname for fans in Indonesia😆. Now this country has changed a lot, unlike 10 years ago.

I got to know Mika through YouTube, I was interested in hearing the song Happy ending, that was Mika's song that I heard for the first time and I love it, finally I looked for information about Mika on the internet and his other songs, and I found out information about MFC and are interested in joining so that I can stay updated with information about Mika. I am happy to join at MFC to make communication and sharing information with members from all over the world.

I hope everyone is always happy and healthy.

Nice to see u all..!!🤗

Hi Diana,

Nice to meet you. :welcomeani: I hope you enjoy the place. :original:

• Thanks 1

@Divera Zilvania

Hi Diana! I'm a new member (and Mika fan) here too. Better late than never is a good point of view. Hopefully you have joy with this place and with Mika's music. It's great that there's many Mika fans in Indonesia. And i hope that Mika will do a gig in Indonesia again. You could release your introduction as a new topic, so it will be easier to others to find and greet you. (This is a thread of another introduction, I guess, because I got a notification.)

- Saimi

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...