2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

the pics are faboulous, bexxy!!! someof the best fans pics I have ever seen!!

minimika looks a lot like our boy, true! nice to meet ya, even virtually, kokolondon!

and how great to see everyone: also giulietta and holy johnny!

and jemma plus alan: that pic SO rocks! :biggrin2:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no no i didnt get a croth picture this time just alot of really disturbing Patrick wolfe crotch pictures :roftl: :roftl:

oh avoca you have changed your avie :naughty: i was there stood by the taxi when mika did that i was just waving and laughing :bleh:

MY REPORT THINGER!! 8D

(Sorry it's a little late, I didn't get up 'til about half 1 this afternoon, then I got a headache so rested some more, then I went into depressive mode... XD; )

I was dressed up as Tristania/Dark Lollipop Girl yesterday, and I had loads of people give me strange looks, ask me about my costume, and/or take a photo of me, and this was even before I'd reached West Kensington station to go to Piccadilly! XD I got there at 11, expecting there to be hoards of brightly coloured Mika fans gathered around... but I only saw Marianne84, standing around all on her own! I gave her a lollipop, and we chatted for a bit while we waited... and waited... and waited... XD (it probably wasn't even all that long, but it felt like forever!) then eventually, we saw hotdlp and Laura, and then a little while after that, we spotted a whole bunch of the others on the other side of the fountain. Soon after that, we headed on down to Somerset House.

On the way, I realised that my shoes were stopping me from being able to keep up from the rest of the group (as well as generally killing my feet), so I ended up having to take them off. Then when we started walking again, my little paper bag, in which I had various foodstuffs for the day, decided it had had enough and died spectacularly. XD Luckily, Laura came to my rescue and supplied me with a replacement bag (THANK YOU once again!).

We got to Somerset House at about 1 o'clock or so, shortly after which I almost got crushed to death by a falling barrier thinger XDDD (thanks again to those who came to my rescue!), and then we waited around and chatted and stuff. Alan Cumming rode in on a taxibike at one point, which was slightly unexpected! Later on, loads of jugglers, balloon people, people on stilts, ladies with ribbons, etc. came along to entertain us while we were in the queue, though to be honest, I was more entertained by the loud singing of various Mika songs coming from behind me. XD

When we were let in, I ran as fast as I could with my achey breaky feet to the stage, and ended up right near the front! I was well chuffed XD and I started to get hugely excited while I was waiting for Patrick Wolf to come on. He was f***ing AMAZING, seriously. And he was his usual adorable self, saying thank you each time the audience applauded him, and telling us little stories about various things, like his near-dead keyboard that he got when he was 16 ("I think Somerset House is a good place to die!" XD). Some guy requested that he perform 'The Childcatcher', but he said, "Nooooo, too many kids here!" *LOL* I'd hoped he'd perform 'Bloodbeat', but it was just as good to hear 'Tristan' instead. :biggrin2:

Then Mika came on, and I was merrily singing along to every song and waving my second lollipop of the day (my first one died with my paper bag) around like a mentalist, even briefly getting hand cramps at one point! XD I was kind of amused by the smoke effect thinger that was going on during Over My Shoulder - my mind was going, "Ooooh, teh atmosphere!1!11" 'cause I think I was in too much of a silly mood to really appreciate what was going on, LOL. I was even smiling like a loon while singing along to the song! I enjoyed Mika's rendition of 'You've Got the Love', 'twas very good. Overall, I had lots of fun just generally being insane XDDD

Afterwards, a group of us went to wait for Mika, and he eventually did come out, but he wasn't able to stay for long, so I didn't get to give him the Japanese koala biccies that I wanted to give him... I did, however, get an accidental thwack in the face from Mika, which amused me muchly. :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: I'm still amused that the only face-to-face communication I managed to get with Mika was him asking if I was okay after the thwackage and me replying "Yeah" while giggling like a loon, hahahaha! Ah well, maybe I'll get to actually talk to him and go into anime/manga/music-geek-mode in December...

I walked around for a while afterwards trying to find a bus home, but eventually went "Screw it!" and got a cab instead. I briefly went online, then realised I was bloomin' exhausted, so much so that I went to sleep without even bothering to take my makeup off. XD

And that's all, folks! :biggrin2:

no no i didnt get a croth picture this time just alot of really disturbing Patrick wolfe crotch pictures :roftl: :roftl:

oh avoca you have changed your avie :naughty: i was there stood by the taxi when mika did that i was just waving and laughing :bleh:

I know, I read you post. bloody envious.. mika AND alan... :wub2:

it's such a beautiful pic! I'd get them both if I didn't need a square avie and then the two of them would be far too small.. :bleh:

MY REPORT THINGER!! 8D

(Sorry it's a little late, I didn't get up 'til about half 1 this afternoon, then I got a headache so rested some more, then I went into depressive mode... XD; )

I was dressed up as Tristania/Dark Lollipop Girl yesterday, and I had loads of people give me strange looks, ask me about my costume, and/or take a photo of me, and this was even before I'd reached West Kensington station to go to Piccadilly! XD I got there at 11, expecting there to be hoards of brightly coloured Mika fans gathered around... but I only saw Marianne84, standing around all on her own! I gave her a lollipop, and we chatted for a bit while we waited... and waited... and waited... XD (it probably wasn't even all that long, but it felt like forever!) then eventually, we saw hotdlp and Laura, and then a little while after that, we spotted a whole bunch of the others on the other side of the fountain. Soon after that, we headed on down to Somerset House.

On the way, I realised that my shoes were stopping me from being able to keep up from the rest of the group (as well as generally killing my feet), so I ended up having to take them off. Then when we started walking again, my little paper bag, in which I had various foodstuffs for the day, decided it had had enough and died spectacularly. XD Luckily, Laura came to my rescue and supplied me with a replacement bag (THANK YOU once again!).

We got to Somerset House at about 1 o'clock or so, shortly after which I almost got crushed to death by a falling barrier thinger XDDD (thanks again to those who came to my rescue!), and then we waited around and chatted and stuff. Alan Cumming rode in on a taxibike at one point, which was slightly unexpected! Later on, loads of jugglers, balloon people, people on stilts, ladies with ribbons, etc. came along to entertain us while we were in the queue, though to be honest, I was more entertained by the loud singing of various Mika songs coming from behind me. XD

When we were let in, I ran as fast as I could with my achey breaky feet to the stage, and ended up right near the front! I was well chuffed XD and I started to get hugely excited while I was waiting for Patrick Wolf to come on. He was f***ing AMAZING, seriously. And he was his usual adorable self, saying thank you each time the audience applauded him, and telling us little stories about various things, like his near-dead keyboard that he got when he was 16 ("I think Somerset House is a good place to die!" XD). Some guy requested that he perform 'The Childcatcher', but he said, "Nooooo, too many kids here!" *LOL* I'd hoped he'd perform 'Bloodbeat', but it was just as good to hear 'Tristan' instead.

Then Mika came on, and I was merrily singing along to every song and waving my second lollipop of the day (my first one died with my paper bag) around like a mentalist, even briefly getting hand cramps at one point! XD I was kind of amused by the smoke effect thinger that was going on during Over My Shoulder - my mind was going, "Ooooh, teh atmosphere!1!11" 'cause I think I was in too much of a silly mood to really appreciate what was going on, LOL. I was even smiling like a loon while singing along to the song! I enjoyed Mika's rendition of 'You've Got the Love', 'twas very good. Overall, I had lots of fun just generally being insane XDDD

Afterwards, a group of us went to wait for Mika, and he eventually did come out, but he wasn't able to stay for long, so I didn't get to give him the Japanese koala biccies that I wanted to give him... I did, however, get an accidental thwack in the face from Mika, which amused me muchly. :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: I'm still amused that the only face-to-face communication I managed to get with Mika was him asking if I was okay after the thwackage and me replying "Yeah" while giggling like a loon, hahahaha! Ah well, maybe I'll get to actually talk to him and go into anime/manga/music-geek-mode in December...

I walked around for a while afterwards trying to find a bus home, but eventually went "Screw it!" and got a cab instead. I briefly went online, then realised I was bloomin' exhausted, so much so that I went to sleep without even bothering to take my makeup off. XD

And that's all, folks! :biggrin2:

:roftl: :roftl: about the thwack!!! amazing report!! :thumb_yello:

and great pics everyone!!

the pictures are amazing! thanks for posting them! and im so jealous that mika has so many concerts in the uk!!! it will cost me an estimated $950 to see him on nov 20. so worth it, but can he please come to the us soon!!

and if he does do osheaga, i will be devastated because im only 5 hrs away from it but i cant go coz its my sorority's rush weekend, aaaaaaaaah!!! also since paolo nutini is in osheaga! oh the sadness :sneaky2:

Haha, ja, 'twas me all along... :naughty:

Writhing on the floor, again supposed to be provocative…

Was that really meant to be provocative? :boxed: I thought it was just Patrick Wolf being... Patrick Wolf XD;

Patrick can definitely sing. But…all his stage antics and touching himself (thank God it didn’t get to the stage it got to at Glastonbury- sticking his hand down his trousers, for those who don’t know- and no I didn’t witness it.

:shocked: *gets a nosebleed at the thought*

Haha, ja, 'twas me all along... :naughty:

Was that really meant to be provocative? :boxed: I thought it was just Patrick Wolf being... Patrick Wolf XD;

:shocked: *gets a nosebleed at the thought*

To be quite honest, I was confused! Although it really wasn't my thing...I kind of like him. He resolutely stands by his beliefs, read his blogs they really are thoughtful...I liked the fact that he was sincere when he thanked the crowd for the appaluse- if it wasn't for the personal touches I don't think I would have said that much about him.

I know what you mean by the provocative, questionmark...ummm...its his act...don't really know what else to say

Thanx everyone for pics and vids! Did anyone take a clip of that "techno" thingie?

Re: Patric - at least he is wearing some sort of underpants...gotta appreciate the effort... I am a huuuge fan of his outfits though (and wigs)...forgot the name of a designer that does that.....

MY REPORT THINGER!! 8D

You missed a trick there ... when Mika asked if you were Ok, you should have said, "no - it needs a kiss better!" :naughty:

To be quite honest, I was confused! Although it really wasn't my thing...I kind of like him. He resolutely stands by his beliefs, read his blogs they really are thoughtful...I liked the fact that he was sincere when he thanked the crowd for the appaluse- if it wasn't for the personal touches I don't think I would have said that much about him.

I know what you mean by the provocative, questionmark...ummm...its his act...don't really know what else to say

Heh, yeah, I get ya XD

You missed a trick there ... when Mika asked if you were Ok, you should have said, "no - it needs a kiss better!" :naughty:

Wahahahaha! XD I'm too slow to think of stuff like that on the spot, unfortunately!

did anyone see the camera man fall off the secondary stage during one of Mika's songs i cant remember which one but he had his camera pointed up at mika filming him and took a step backwards and fell from the stage luckily a guys was stood by him managed to help him back up :roftl: :roftl:

there are MFC-ers in the evening standard!!!

2000157931024198161_rs.jpg

Jennie, Sara and Guilietta

and my hand and feather boa in the background woo :naughty: :naughty:

2007_0717somersethouse17july0259.jpg

Mika when he finally came through the exit of the venue:thumb_yello:

:roftl: :roftl: this pic is sooo funny! he seems a little elf :roftl:

ok, i go back to read the rest of the thread...as for now, thank you so much peeps for the amazing reports and the pics! love ya all :wub2: