MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

Ouf, back home, i want to thank sari for allowing me to get ( almost) on stage for this show: i wonder if it was not a dream...

i want to say: 1) we got up only for some songs( BG for example) and because Mika seemed to wait for us to begin , so the rest of the audience could follow..

2) The stage was higher than in Milan BUT Mika answered to an Aurelien's gesture.after , i must say that some mother was not very clever to put her youg boy on stage only because she wanted to see/touch Mika closer.

It's my point of view.

So go to bed , sees all the posts later!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All my vids are up now on YT ... Will post a report tomorrow - have to go to bed as have work :(

Grace Kelly

Lady Jane

Stuck In The Middle

Lonely Alcoholic

Toy Boy

My Interpretation

Meet and Greet 1

Meet and Greet 2

Hope you like them .... they're not great and I kind of gave up filming alot of it cos' I just wanted to enjoy the concert .... which I absolutely did :wub2:

CazGirl's REPORT.

Part...5?

Next to me on my right was a girl. I kept looking at her sometimes because for some reason, I was getting an MFC vibe from her, so I asked if she was on there. She yes and I was like WOOT!! I can't remember what her forum name is though, I am so so so sorry. My memory is awful.

So yes anyway, Mika came back on and started singing Relax. I love it as an acoustic. We were all singing away then it went quiet....and then...

OoooWaaaaaaaaa..AAAAAAAAAAAAA.......aaaaaahhh...aahhh....

Everyone cheered as the song got funkier!!!

Mika was towards the front of the stage and before my very eyes I saw Aurelien get on stage and others. Straight away I turned to the girl on my right and shouted "RUN RUN!! GO GO GO GO!!!!!"

Without a second thought we ran past the people partying in our row, but I think there was a huge bag at the end or something because the poor girl almost fell over!! I think I helped save her from falling, I can't remember if other people did either. It's all a surreal, manic blur.

So from five rows from the front I ran to the stage. The seat at the edge was empty so I stood on that and got on the stage that way.

I had never met Mika before. I had never been this close to Mika before. Hell, I wasn't going to let this chance go in front of my eyes, I would have kicked myself. I saw this opportunity to party with Mika on stage and I took it and I haven't regretted it, nor will I ever!!!

At the time I didn't even know which MFCers were on there apart from Aurelien. Mika was on the piano singing away and I was so close to him. The man I idolise, the man I have so much love for was inches away from me. Madness!!

Towards the end of the song he jumped down from the piano and went STRAIGHT PAST ME. HE TOUCHED ME AND I TOUCHED HIM. He has a very firm back :wub2:

NO I didn't touch him inappropriately :roftl: It was just a soft pat on the back. But I can remember the feel of him. Very firm :wub2: He bowed to the crowd and I guess I must have wanted to say hi or something as I saw him turn in my direction and I went towards him I think?? But then this lady bounced over and just hugged him! But we've had that discussion already. Mika went off stage and there I was jumping and clapping away. I saw Danika on there and she looked so happy I made it on!! I can't really remember who else I remember seeing on the stage. I have seen the video so I know who was there NOW, just can't remember if I knew they were there at the time.

A lady who works there ushered us off the stage and I could not believe I was part of a stage invasion. Bloody epic if you ask me. I was so close to him. I don't know what it is, but there's something about seeing a famous person in real life. For some bizarre reason, I subconsciously don't seem to believe they kinda really exist unless they're right in front of me. Seeing Mika right in front of me like that was just truly amazing. I want to do it all over again. And again, and once more with more feeling.

I gathered my stuff and was in a state of ecstacy. I met up with Caz and she told me she talked to Brian May, which I thought was pretty nifty.

I walked out into the foyer and on my right I saw some of the Mika posse. I saw Allegra and Fortuné. Gosh they're such a visually stunning family.

After a bit of confusion as to where everyone was, I finally found the queue for the meet and greet shindig....

Edited by CazGirl

Trying to finish the thread so that I won't find tons of pages waiting for me tomorrow :naughty:

Thanks for all the reports! :biggrin2:

So it looks like the front row was all MFCers?

I agree, that is totally how it looks to me from the first time I saw this vid, like a silent nod to it being ok to get up now. I think it's better for HIM if he does'nt physically pull ppl up just in case you do get idiots who don't know the boundries and try to grab a handful of flesh by crushing on someones head in their mission to get to Mika.

Then it's kinda their own fault if they decide to take risks by getting up on stage and worse still physically shoving your kids up there (jeez it's not a bloody holiday camp, though I guess with all the lollipops and animals and stuff... some people forget that).

:sneaky2:

:lmao:This cracked me up. You're funny.

Caz: Loving your report. Keep them coming! :wub2:

You're very sweet and I found our attempts to take pictures together on the night hilarious, when you kept commenting on how you were taking over the whole picture. Funny :biggrin2:.

Oi :boing: Did everyone else also have a fab time huh? :boing: Don't wanna hear it if you didn't :roftl: Finally home and very tired, guess I'll try to catch up tomorrow :teehee:

All my vids are up now on YT ... Will post a report tomorrow - have to go to bed as have work :(

Grace Kelly

Lady Jane

Stuck In The Middle

Lonely Alcoholic

Toy Boy

My Interpretation

Meet and Greet 1

Meet and Greet 2

Hope you like them .... they're not great and I kind of gave up filming alot of it cos' I just wanted to enjoy the concert .... which I absolutely did :wub2:

Hi Laurel :huglove: It was lovely sitting with you - It was a great night, wasn't it :thumb_yello:

Here is a pic of Freddie for the aussies

picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=3216

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE REPORTS, PICS AND VIDEOS!!

But I am not looking forward to the show!!

Neither am I :no: it is going to be HELL - but just think quickly that hell will turn to heaven and ALL the fire we had to walk through will subside and we can just float on a cloud! I am not happy at all - or looking forward to NYC, but we will get through it! :huglove:

CazGirl's REPORT.

Part 6.

The queue was already quite long but joined it anyway. I was so relieved I was staying overnight because then I didn't have to worry too much about the trains. I got talking to a woman and her daughter in front of me, they seem like a really nice, friendly pair. I didn't actually find out what their names were though. We just discussed how amazing Mika was, how amazing the gig was, if we'd been to other Mika gigs before etc...

I also said hello to MFCers who walked passed me. The mum and daughter were talking when all of a sudden the word "chicken" caught my attention. Straight I away I said "chicken?" and they looked at me. The mum was like "yes, chicken...no..don't get it?" I was putting it all together and I said "are you on the Mika Fan Club?" and she was!!! Couldn't believe it!!! I asked who she was and she admitted she wasn't a regular member. She her name was something like IloveMika or something. She asked who I was so I said CazGirl. Her jaw dropped a bit and her eyes widened. Seriously, no exaggeration, no lie. Slowly she said "I knoooww yooou!!" and I was like OMG, REALLY?! HA!! I felt famous or something!! :roftl: :roftl: and she was like "yeah I've seen your videos!" or something like that, I was just like "Nooo waaaay!!" hahaha!

I saw John walk past and I said hello, to which he politely responded too! Happy days. I was talking to the pair in front about the band and whatever and I think I gave the MFC a good impression, because the mum thought it was amazing how we all seem to know everyone and everything :roftl:

A young lady approached me from behind and tapped me. I turned around and admit I didn't recognise her, but she asked me if I was CazGirl. Honest to God, the amount of people who knew who I was was absolutely amazing. I loved it! :roftl: I felt really known LOL. I asked who she was and she said she had a really long forum name, but shortened it to Sam or something?? I couldn't really hear above the babble, but she was very sweet and thought it was absolutely lovely of her to approach me. I would have missed out on meeting a fellow MFCer if she didn't!!

Cherisse came out and was speaking to some people at the front.

I met up with Vix and Viv and spoke to them some more....and then an announcement came. A man said there were to be no photos or autographs, but Mika would shake our hand. Before the information could properly sink in, the screams came. Mika came out of the double doors.

Edited by CazGirl

Caz: Loving your report. Keep them coming! :wub2:

You're very sweet and I found our attempts to take pictures together on the night hilarious, when you kept commenting on how you were taking over the whole picture. Funny :biggrin2:.

Thank you Sara, you're an absolute doll. Interesting accent by the way lol!! I'm sorry about taking up most of the space, I'm not as self indulgent as I must make myself appear to be with all the pictures I have of myself on Facebook LOL :roftl:

Geez, I think there's no room for me now:naughty:

I have seen the stage invasion, but I only recognised Aurelien and Freddie because well....they were the only men apart from Mika and the band in the crowd of ladies:roftl:

Haha:roftl: I'm glad you didn't recognized me. I ran off when everyone started harassing the guy.:naughty:

The one with his shoes, you mean?

That was taken yesterday when he was interviewed by R1 (finally!) about the album and EP.

Are you home now then?

Oh! Do you have a video, audio?

I am... But haven't unpacked etc... I dunno when I'll be writing something proper. Have so much to catch up to!

CazGirl's REPORT

Part 7

First thing I noticed about Mika was how tall he was. He was towering above everyone else! As time went on people in the queue kept edging forwards. Er, WHYYY?? Mika was coming round!! And because people kept edging forwards I felt I had to as well because I didn't want to lose my place. Heck I've waited TWO YEARS FOR THIS. If I could make it on the flippin' stage I could manage to meet Mika as well. I was determined to at least say hello, I wasn't going to let this opportunity pass me by.

Mika came round and oh my effing life he is gorgeous. The closer he came the harder my heart thumped. I couldn't believe that he was there. I had been this close to him on stage, but this may be my chance to talk to him.

The crowd was getting restless so I knew my time with him was going to be a little bit robbed. He came over to Vix and Viv and when I thought they had finished I said "It's so nice to finally meet you" but I'm not sure if he heard me. He started signing things so I got my EP ready. I knew a picture was out of the question because someone asked for one earlier, but I heard Mika politely saying that he wasn't doing them tonight and he apologised.

He came up to me, bending over slightly cos I'm so short LOLZ. I said "can you sign this for me, may I have an autograph?" and he rather politely replied with "of course you can" in his tender, sweet, gorgeous voice. I was smiling as I saw the pen swirling around on my page, then ending with a kiss.

So much was going through my head before he was right there. I wanted to ask for a hug but also didn't want to at the same time in case he would be uncomfortable about it. I would most likely have been more confident in asking if the queue wasn't so restless (The "queue" was starting to become more like a crowd, to be honest). I also wanted to tell him who I was, and that I was the one correcting his appalling spelling and grammar on Twitter (LOL) but to be honest the moment he stood in front of me my mind kinda went blank. I just remember having the urge to ask for a hug but having the feeling that I shouldn't, so I didn't.

After he signed it I said "thank you so much" and I looked at him smiling, AND HE LOOKED AT ME. HE GAVE ME EYE CONTACT. HE KNOWS WHAT I LOOK LIKE.

That is so special to me. The moment seemed longer than it does on camera (my friend filmed it for me, it's not on the internet yet).

He then continued to go to other fans and the people behind me were from Japan. Mika asked where they were from, they replied, and he was like "really?" lol, but quite a serious "really?"

Honest to God, I do think he does appreciate it when he finds out how far people travel. I still think it's humbling for him, because he just seemed surprised.

I went out of the queue to find Danika because I knew that someone had the "Little Bit More Love" book. I watched them hand it to him and Mika knew it was the add on to the Yearbook.

Then it really became a crowd after that so I just left it. I had my moment. Sure, I wish it lasted longer and kinda wished that people had been a little bit more patient, but I can't really complain. I got an autograph. His eyes looked into mine. I danced with him and MFCers on stage. Just a hug, a photo and a possible kiss on the cheek to go until my life is complete!! :roftl: :roftl:

After Mika left, I asked around to see who was staying in my travelodge because I kinda wanted to travel with people, just so I knew I would be safe. I travelled with Kath and her daughter, and Soaring Simpson. I think that was it? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I tried to say goodbye to the people I could say goodbye to.

Got back to the hotel safe and sound, elated at how amazing the evening was, yet sad at the same time that it was all over and nothing but a memory.

But my dears, the album is due out in September. That's only 3 months away until I hopefully meet you all (and Mika!!) once again!!!

I also met Daz and Blue Eyes in the foyer as well, I forgot to mention. Apologies!!

Thank you for reading!!!

THE END.

Edited by CazGirl

CazGirl's REPORT

Part 7

First thing I noticed about Mika was how tall he was. He was towering above everyone else! As time went on people in the queue kept edging forwards. Er, WHYYY?? Mika was coming round!! And because people kept edging forwards I felt I had to as well because I didn't want to lose my place. Heck I've waited TWO YEARS FOR THIS. If I could make it on the flippin' stage I could manage to meet Mika as well. I was determined to at least say hello, I wasn't going to let this opportunity pass me by.

Mika came round and oh my effing life he is gorgeous. The closer he came the harder my heart thumped. I couldn't believe that he was there. I had been this close to him on stage, but this may be my chance to talk to him.

The crowd was getting restless so I knew my time with him was going to be a little bit robbed. He came over to Vix and Viv and when I thought they had finished I said "It's so nice to finally meet you" but I'm not sure if he heard me. He started signing things so I got my EP ready. I knew a picture was out of the question because someone asked for one earlier, but I heard Mika politely saying that he wasn't doing them tonight and he apologised.

He came up to me, bending over slightly cos I'm so short LOLZ. I said "can you sign this for me, may I have an autograph?" and he rather politely replied with "of course you can" in his tender, sweet, gorgeous voice. I was smiling as I saw the pen swirling around on my page, then ending with a kiss.

So much was going through my head before he was right there. I wanted to ask for a hug but also didn't want to at the same time in case he would be uncomfortable about it. I would most likely have been more confident in asking if the queue wasn't so restless (The "queue" was starting to become more like a crowd, to be honest). I also wanted to tell him who I was, and that I was the one correcting his appalling spelling and grammar on Twitter (LOL) but to be honest the moment he stood in front of me my mind kinda went blank. I just remember having the urge to ask for a hug but having the feeling that I shouldn't, so I didn't.

After he signed it I said "thank you so much" and I looked at him smiling, AND HE LOOKED AT ME. HE GAVE ME EYE CONTACT. HE KNOWS WHAT I LOOK LIKE.

That is so special to me. The moment seemed longer than it does on camera (my friend filmed it for me, it's not on the internet yet).

He then continued to go to other fans and the people behind me were from Japan. Mika asked where they were from, they replied, and he was like "really?" lol, but quite a serious "really?"

Honest to God, I do think he does appreciate it when he finds out how far people travel. I still think it's humbling for him, because he just seemed surprised.

I went out of the queue to find Danika because I knew that someone had the "Little Bit More Love" book. I watched them hand it to him and Mika knew it was the add on to the Yearbook.

Then it really became a crowd after that so I just left it. I had my moment. Sure, I wish it lasted longer and kinda wished that people had been a little bit more patient, but I can't really complain. I got an autograph. His eyes looked into mine. I danced with him and MFCers on stage. Just a hug, a photo and a possible kiss on the cheek to go until my life is complete!! :roftl: :roftl:

After Mika left, I asked around to see who was staying in my travelodge because I kinda wanted to travel with people, just so I knew I would be safe. I travelled with Kath and her daughter, and Soaring Simpson. I think that was it? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I tried to say goodbye to the people I could say goodbye to.

Got back to the hotel safe and sound, elated at how amazing the evening was, yet sad at the same time that it was all over and nothing but a memory.

But my dears, the album is due out in September. That's only 3 months away until I hopefully meet you all (and Mika!!) once again!!!

I also met Daz and Blue Eyes in the foyer as well, I forgot to mention. Apologies!!

Thank you for reading!!!

THE END.

Awww Caz! Lovely lovely report!!! :wub2:

I can imagine how you felt (i can totally relate with the "i've been waiting for so long" feeling :naughty: actually, I'm still waiting for my moment) and it's so nice to see you finally made it! :wub2:

Thanks everyone for the reports, pics and videos!!! :thumb_yello: Awesome stuff!

CazGirl's REPORT

Part 7

Thank you for reading!!!

THE END.

Wow Caz!!!

Longest report ever????

I smiled at you lastnight but you looked a little overwhelmed so I didn't talk to you. Glad it went so well for you and that you had a blast! x

Wow Caz!!!

Longest report ever????

I smiled at you lastnight but you looked a little overwhelmed so I didn't talk to you. Glad it went so well for you and that you had a blast! x

YOU WERE THERE??? My brain is frazzled lol!!!!

I figured I'd better write down every tiny detail while I remember it, and if I ever forget anything in the future, at least it's all here :roftl: Glad people enjoyed it though, even if it was really long!!

Sorry to interrupt, but does anyone have the right order of the songs? So I can make my mind up and write down a report or watch some videos so it pops up in my mind again... Can't believe I can't remember anything. :doh:

Unfair to people who don't check MFC/mikasounds/twitter every day, people who don't come on the internet every day, people who have a life outside of MFC (not me :naughty:), people who's internet connection is slow, people who are at work or school when the tickets go on sale, younger fans who have to get their parent's permission or get their parents to buy the tickets.

Who's able to click on the buy button the fastest doesn't equal who wants to see the artist the most. Neither does who's able to stand in line longest, of course. But I wasn't saying it's not nice to have some seated shows, just that no more GA shows ever and only seated shows from now on would suck.

I don't know Daz at all, I never heard of him before today, but I'm willing to bet he wouldn't want to be front row anyway, he'd be more of a 5th row kind of person, which is actually where the best vibe is, and to be there you don't have to turn up early at all :dunno:

Oh I meant to mention that poking girl too! Ohmygosh. There is actually something mentally wrong with people like that, some kind of social-disability. How rude that person must be to interact with in real life. But as retarded as it is, poking aint going to injure anyone.

no no no

Daz is one of the original MFCers - he was a member before me and was always early in the queues & front row - but some times real life gets in the way - hence he was row n this time!

YOU WERE THERE??? My brain is frazzled lol!!!!

I figured I'd better write down every tiny detail while I remember it, and if I ever forget anything in the future, at least it's all here :roftl: Glad people enjoyed it though, even if it was really long!!

It was epic, and as enjoyable as the scripts.

Shame you didn't get to tell him that, love to see his reaction.:naughty:

It seems that most people see MIKA as God. He can't not be touch or talk to. At least, that it what I perceive through some posts.

MIKA should be only performing through a glass where people can't reach him.

I am excited and can't wait for the show but I guess I need to thank everyone for telling us the stories.

It was epic, and as enjoyable as the scripts.

Shame you didn't get to tell him that, love to see his reaction.:naughty:

Oh gosh, you know what I'm still not sure whether to give him the scripts or not LMAO.