MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

I'm just saying that I think it's not fair of her to judge him becuase we don't know all details and I her quitting from watching the X factor is completely from the wrong reason' date=' but if she finds it reasonable, who am I to stop her..[/quote']

You gave your opinion, others gave theirs.

I stand by my previous post.

It's still kind of rude to tell someone to leave just because that person doesn't agree with something Mika said/did.

I wasn't too bothered with his behaviour in that video myself, but that's mainly because it's the risk you take when you come on a show like that.

that's just it... isn't it?

Someone i know just went and auditioned for La Voix in Quebec.

I'm not sure what he hears when he sings, but it certainly isn't what i hear :naughty:

but he says he won't give up & keeps going to these auditions.

:dunno:

It's still kind of rude to tell someone to leave just because that person doesn't agree with something Mika said/did.

I wasn't too bothered with his behaviour in that video myself, but that's mainly because it's the risk you take when you come on a show like that.

I didn't literally mean "to leave"...

You gave your opinion, others gave theirs.

I stand by my previous post.

Which was? Sorry, it's kinda hard not to lose track over here

Just because someone is voluntarily opening themselves up to abuse does not absolve you of an ethical responsibility not to participate in it.

Why is it a mistake?

I have already explained myself many times over and don't want to get into it again.

We will have to agree to disagree as I'm going to leave it at that. :wink2:

About the "Willy"-laughing: I think there is a difference about making fun and finding a situation totally funny. And it may be immature, but he obviously found it very funny. I myself, too. It's not about the girls, he isn't laughing about their singing "skills" or their pronunciation in general, it's about the accidental other meaning he understood. Which was very funny for him. It's a true reaction, it's not for entertainment sake. And at the end of the laughing fit he says himself that he is sorry.

When he himself fabricated with "scoparto" an accidental double meaning in Italian at the press conference he is laughing about himself, too :wink2:

Mika claimed he chose to do the Italian xfactor because it was different, its just the same old ,same old ****e,as in any another country. Who's he trying to kid? Himself ?Or his fans

I don't know about other countries,but I can assure you that our XFactor it's nothing like the Italian one,some of our judges are really rude :aah:

On what show is that? which country?

I'm talking about when he was on AI in the USA

I do like some singing competitions, i just could never get on board with XF :dunno:

I can't remember, but the episodes come to our channel 2 days after the US (I think), so it's really new (btw Live Your Life was playing in the background at this episode or the one after :teehee::teehee:)

I really like XF USA a lot, it's big and made well... the competitors are so talented there.... also the judges have high expectations. That's why I was a bit disappoined after Italy, it felt small after this to me.

But oh well, it's the USA :naughty:

But I think these vidéos are less than one hour all together, was the show that short. Or is a part missing? Actually is it your video DerMoment?

No, it's not from me. I wish the quality of my recording would have been that good :aah:

The clips are cutted, it's not the whole show, the whole show was slightly less than 2 hours long.

I'm still hoping that an Italian fan has the show on their hard disc recorder :teehee:

that's just it... isn't it?

Someone i know just went and auditioned for La Voix in Quebec.

I'm not sure what he hears when he sings, but it certainly isn't what i hear :naughty:

but he says he won't give up & keeps going to these auditions.

:dunno:

Yeah well....at least he gets points for determination.

Just because someone is voluntarily opening themselves up to abuse does not absolve you of an ethical responsibility not to participate in it.

Of course. I just don't give enough ****s for this show to really care what he says or does on it.

Well I hope so. But even figuratively it's not nice as everyone is allowed to have their opinion and none of these opinions are better than someone else's.

I know that every one who's here - is here to stay. I know that.

And I'm sorry if it came on that way, I didn't mean to. But as you said - everyone is allowed to have their opinion and I think we've handled this case wrong. Maybe Mika made a mistake when he joined as a judge, maybe not. But that's what happened and there's nothing we can do about it.

@Christine, are you sure that if you stop watching X factor it will be the solution for this?

I know that every one who's here - is here to stay. I know that.

And I'm sorry if it came on that way' date=' I didn't mean to. But as you said - everyone is allowed to have their opinion and I think we've handled this case wrong. Maybe Mika made a mistake when he joined as a judge, maybe not. But that's what happened and there's nothing we can do about it.

@Christine, are you sure that if you stop watching X factor it will be the solution for this?[/quote']

I don't think Christine watches it in the first place :naughty:. Neither do I.

About the "Willy"-laughing: I think there is a difference about making fun and finding a situation totally funny. And it may be immature, but he obviously found it very funny. I myself, too. It's not about the girls, he isn't laughing about their singing "skills" or their pronunciation in general, it's about the accidental other meaning he understood. Which was very funny for him. It's a true reaction, it's not for entertainment sake. And at the end of the laughing fit he says himself that he is sorry.

When he himself fabricated with "scoparto" an accidental double meaning in Italian at the press conference he is laughing about himself, too :wink2:

This is exactly how I saw it too, and I found the episode hilarious, maybe a bit immature but not mean at all.

Thank you! :flowers2:

@Teresa Thanks for sharing your views, love reading them!

Edited by tiibet

I find myself at a strange place: I always thought it was a good thing for Mika to participate in the show... I see it as a way to help others get a chance to do something they love.

I am delighted that Italians are falling in love with him, and that he is seen as a very knowledgeable/respectful/witty judge...

I've seen a few clips... I personally find the willy incident neither funny or offensive... I felt sorry for the girls and I understand that sometimes you start hysterically laughing at the most awkward moment...

But...

I don't feel compelled to see the entire show... Which I surprised even myself...

It will all be over soon:thumb_yello:

I agree, I think it happened because English is his native language, unlike the other judges... I didn't notice the "willy" and actually I would sing it the same :naughty:

But...

I don't feel compelled to see the entire show... Which I surprised even myself...

Of course you're not compelled to watch the show,no one is! But I must say I got a totally different opinion after I've seen the whole thing,it's the same as when you hear snippets from a song,but it might turn out that has nothing to do with the entire song in the end.But this is just my opinion :wink2:

@Christine' date=' are you sure that if you stop watching X factor it will be the solution for this?[/quote']

I am not watching the show. I only watched the clip because it's all over Facebook and even my close friends who are also not watching the show were commenting on it. One of them said that Mika was being willy willy willy annoying. :lmfao:

Anyway I understand when people say that I can't judge the whole show without watching the whole show but I don't need to. I know what X Factor is about and this is the same. People can like it or not like it but it's not going to be something I want to watch especially in a foreign language. The fact that so many people think this clip was hilarious and charming and respectful when I think it's disgusting tells me I am not likely to agree on the rest of the show either. It's a moot point anyway because I couldn't follow the rest of the show anyway. I only understood what was going on in that clip because Mika was banging on about willies. If he'd judged them properly instead of mocking their English I wouldn't know what he said anyway so what is the point?

It will all be over soon:thumb_yello:

I hope so. I am happy of a break to be honest but I will be happy when he's doing something that doesn't make me sorry I turned on my computer.

I'm not so sure for now :huh: Somehow my expectations were higher.

I've only seen the second hour because the stream wouldn't work for me earlier. And seeing it in this small window after the annoying fighting with the stream and than hoping all the time that the stream won't conk out again is probably not the best starting situation...

Therefore I really hope we have a recording for seeing it under "proper" conditions!

I've never seen XF before, so I don't really have a comparison. I've only seen two other Casting Shows in Germany, one The Voice and the other one a Casting Shows looking for our participant in ESC. And naturally I'm comparing with them now :wink2: And my thoughts while watching were: I liked these ones much more.

I can't really put my finger on it at the moment why I feel this way.

It's not about the people, I liked some candidates, for example the blond one with the glasses, there were some hilarious scenes with Mika and the judges are sympathic.

It's more the "surrounding". It was the feeling while watching. I don't know maybe it's the stage design and the colours? And/Or the cinematography? It felt so "distant"... I can't put it better.

Thinking more about The Voice vs. XF: I think one problem for me is that they only did show short parts. When the performance you see is longer you have time to develop a feeling and opinion about the contestant, to build up a connection. And therefore you yourself "participate" more, you as a spectator become a "judge" yourself, because during the performance you yourself say "yes" or "no". Here it wasn't really the case.

Dunno, maybe that's only a problem of the auditions and it will change in later stages when proper performances will be shown

So far some incoherent first thoughts….

I understand what you mean, I had the same sensation while seeing the show on tv, above all cause I was in Milan for the three days in June.

We were discussing this with the girls who were with me at the auditions: too many cut and paste, often a too rapid medley.

With the chinese girl, for instance, they cut the part where she sang a Chinese song, much better than the Barbra Streisand song, which was the reason why they let her pass at the Bootcamp. Without that, the decision was unintelligible in my opinion.

I totally agree. Sounds so cheap.

I'm checking all the 600 comments on the XF Fanclub page to the video sky posted about his "explosive debut": the most recurrent adjectives are, more or less in this decreasing order: cute funny elegant acculturate.

Neither mean nor cheap, just to reassure you all.

:mikacool:

but is it acceptable on italian television?

i know here, it would be censured ... they'd bleep it out or edit it

when he's on canadian tv, he doesn't swear... not that i remember anyways

In some shows yes, in other no, it depends on the specific idea of the production about what "crossing the threshold" is... It's the same debate I see here about #willywillywilly I guess. :wink2: