MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

Hello everybody! I've just finished watching (at last!!) X Factor on Cielo, and I wanted to share my thoughts with you all. I have always watched XF Italia because of the same reasons Mika has several times declared he joined XF for -freedom, not fake interest in music, a little (not so little!) bit of madness. So I have to admit I had very, very high expectations, because I thought that a personality like Mika would fit in very well, that he would be able to do it while being himself. My biggest fear was exactly that my expectations could have been maybe too high, that I would be somehow disappointed, that maybe I had idealised it a little bit.

Well, after tonight, these fears have completely vanished, and I can proudly say that I was right: as a long time XF watcher, but especially as a Mika fan, tonight was absolutely perfect. It was a good mix of proper show, humour, actual musical debate, honest and interesting exchange of opinions, and even a few good singers showed up. (Btw, I love the fact that Mika has completely joined the spirit of the show, the fact that they're looking for originality, and that he'd rather choose a very weird but maybe potentially good Chinese singer (LOL), rather than a good but mediocre singer.)

His judgements were exactly a reflection of him: incredibly smart, witty, funny (VERY funny :naughty:), always appropriate, always respectful, always honest and clever. And I loved the interactions and the atmosphere among the judges: even when they disagree (which is anyway a good thing!) they do it with passion but also with respect. The entry of Mika has been such a blessing for everyone, he is a constant stimulation for everyone, and you can clearly see that he is very comfortable, that he is having a lot of fun, but, you know, “clever fun”.

So I'm very, very happy, and of course very proud of him, for, well, being him :wink2:. And I'm also very happy that a wider audience is realizing that Mika is not just “the curly guy who sang relax”, but a smart and interesting person and musician, and that more people will get to know his music, which is the most important thing.

Well these are my immediate thoughts, I hope the show will continue this way! And I also hope that people ouside Italy will somehow manage to watch it! Goodnight! :)

Hello everybody! I've just finished watching (at last!!) X Factor on Cielo, and I wanted to share my thoughts with you all. I have always watched XF Italia because of the same reasons Mika has several times declared he joined XF for -freedom, not fake interest in music, a little (not so little!) bit of madness. So I have to admit I had very, very high expectations, because I thought that a personality like Mika would fit in very well, that he would be able to do it while being himself. My biggest fear was exactly that my expectations could have been maybe too high, that I would be somehow disappointed, that maybe I had idealised it a little bit.

Well, after tonight, these fears have completely vanished, and I can proudly say that I was right: as a long time XF watcher, but especially as a Mika fan, tonight was absolutely perfect. It was a good mix of proper show, humour, actual musical debate, honest and interesting exchange of opinions, and even a few good singers showed up. (Btw, I love the fact that Mika has completely joined the spirit of the show, the fact that they're looking for originality, and that he'd rather choose a very weird but maybe potentially good Chinese singer (LOL), rather than a good but mediocre singer.)

His judgements were exactly a reflection of him: incredibly smart, witty, funny (VERY funny :naughty:), always appropriate, always respectful, always honest and clever. And I loved the interactions and the atmosphere among the judges: even when they disagree (which is anyway a good thing!) they do it with passion but also with respect. The entry of Mika has been such a blessing for everyone, he is a constant stimulation for everyone, and you can clearly see that he is very comfortable, that he is having a lot of fun, but, you know, “clever fun”.

So I'm very, very happy, and of course very proud of him, for, well, being him :wink2:. And I'm also very happy that a wider audience is realizing that Mika is not just “the curly guy who sang relax”, but a smart and interesting person and musician, and that more people will get to know his music, which is the most important thing.

Well these are my immediate thoughts, I hope the show will continue this way! And I also hope that people ouside Italy will somehow manage to watch it! Goodnight! :)

Thanks for sharing your on-the-spot feelings about it:huglove:

Thank you for your report :wink2::thumb_yello:

Thanks so much for sharing Teresa :huglove::flowers2:

I hope we all end up seing it :blush-anim-cl:

I'm not so sure for now :huh: Somehow my expectations were higher.

I've only seen the second hour because the stream wouldn't work for me earlier. And seeing it in this small window after the annoying fighting with the stream and than hoping all the time that the stream won't conk out again is probably not the best starting situation...

Therefore I really hope we have a recording for seeing it under "proper" conditions!

I've never seen XF before, so I don't really have a comparison. I've only seen two other Casting Shows in Germany, one The Voice and the other one a Casting Shows looking for our participant in ESC. And naturally I'm comparing with them now :wink2: And my thoughts while watching were: I liked these ones much more.

I can't really put my finger on it at the moment why I feel this way.

It's not about the people, I liked some candidates, for example the blond one with the glasses, there were some hilarious scenes with Mika and the judges are sympathic.

It's more the "surrounding". It was the feeling while watching. I don't know maybe it's the stage design and the colours? And/Or the cinematography? It felt so "distant"... I can't put it better.

Thinking more about The Voice vs. XF: I think one problem for me is that they only did show short parts. When the performance you see is longer you have time to develop a feeling and opinion about the contestant, to build up a connection. And therefore you yourself "participate" more, you as a spectator become a "judge" yourself, because during the performance you yourself say "yes" or "no". Here it wasn't really the case.

Dunno, maybe that's only a problem of the auditions and it will change in later stages when proper performances will be shown

So far some incoherent first thoughts….

:thumb_yello:Thanks a lot for your report - makes me proud of MIKA - and happy that you're here at MFC :huglove:

Love,love

me

Thank you for your reports :thumb_yello:

DerMoment, there is always a risk to feel like you are feeling right now, a bit disappointed I guess. :huglove:

I still didn't watch the show as I was not at home yesterday evening, but I could watch the YouTube videos before they went blocked, and what I could see was funny and showed us how focused Mika can be at the same time (or, maybe not at the same time exactly :teehee:).

That's exactly what I expect for myself from this XFactor Italia: have fun with Mika once a week, and have a glimpse on a new aspect of him, I mean as a judge. That's all.

I may be able to watch the show another day, and that would be great, but I think i actually will get bored as I am usually when watching such programs in France, so I will finished doing something else while watching, waiting for Mika's parts.

That's why I think I can not be disappointed, the few minutes I saw on YouTube already answered my question to know if he is a good judge or not (answer is YES, according to me :mf_rosetinted:), other things can only be kind of a bonus for me :wink2: And my second question, which was: Will Italia like him? has also already been answered with all the love tweets he received :naughty:

There are many videos on XFactor Italia website but we can't watch them from outside Italy, is there a way to put them somewhere else? Maybe not on YouTube because SkyUno will find them easily and remove them quickly, but on another plateform?

:huglove:

I don't watch X factor (or any kind of singing contests etc) but for Mika, I'll sit in my chair for 90 minutes and watch a show in a language I don't even speak ;)

I must say I had higher expectations from the Italians but Mika was really perfect, like you said :wink2: It was really fun watching him laugh and smile and trying to understand what the hell is he saying... For a first episode I think it went VERY well - it was fun yet professional and I'm so proud of him!

Though I hope he won't be doing any more judging after this season and after 'the voice'... I hope he'll do it only these 2 times.

Watched the show last night and I enjoyed it very very much! It was exactly what I expected it to be, serious about music and so much fun to watch too!

Mika was spontaneous and honest and his comments were clever and sometimes very funny too. What was also really important and heartwarming to see was how he always showed a lot of respect towards the contestants. And about his italian, if I didnt know I would have assumed he has been studying the language for years and years. It's amazing and absolutely impressive how he's managed to speak fluently in just a couple of months. He certainly is doing an excellent job as a judge!!

The Italian adventure has started in the best way possible!!!:thumb_yello:

I enjoyed it even though the stream crashed ! I don't speak Italian but my im half Sicilian so I made my dad translate everything. Overall I was really impressed with his Italian and it was so nice to see him happy! He looked like he was really enjoying himself. Fingers crossed the stream works better next week :thumb_yello:

I enjoyed it even though the stream crashed ! I don't speak Italian but my im half Sicilian so I made my dad translate everything. Overall I was really impressed with his Italian and it was so nice to see him happy! He looked like he was really enjoying himself. Fingers crossed the stream works better next week :thumb_yello:

:crossed:

Are you sure you don't have that channel on your TV? I checked and we have RTL but no cielo... :sneaky2:

Though I hope he won't be doing any more judging after this season and after 'the voice'... I hope he'll do it only these 2 times.

Same here :thumb_yello: But we know that Mika is easily bored, so i think that after 2 shows like that he will be bored and want to try something new :wink2:

can someone explain for us not Italien speakers what´s so funny please :wink2:

The girl's last name it's a slang word which means blowjob :naughty:

That's why he started to laugh,when he asked her what's her job at 0.45 :teehee:

The girl's last name it's a slang word which means blowjob :naughty:

That's why he started to laugh,when he asked her what's her job at 0.45 :teehee:

Thank you very much :teehee:. Google translator didn´t give me answers so now I can understand :wink2: