MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

Nobody sang "a willy song" ffs. :doh: The girls have terrible English and they are terrible singers. But um it's Italy and this is a piece of garbage reality TV show where the point of half of the auditions to mock and laugh at people who have no talent. I couldn't care less if Mika swears but carrying on and on about girls singing like they want some willy was disgusting. If Simon Cowell had been mocking Mika like that and Mika's sisters and mother were backstage waiting like the family of these girls you'd all be calling to boycott the show and sending out a lynch mob for Simon Cowell's head.

How do people get "witty", "respectful" and "brilliant" out of this? It's worse than I even imagined it could be and my expectations were already rock bottom. Mika has become the thing he claimed to depise the most.

I respectfully disagree.

First of all: I personally think that a person can be very vulgar without swearing, in the same way that someone can still be swearing a lot without resulting vulgar or offensive.

Of course swearing is not a positive thing, I mean, if I will ever had children it's certainly not a thing I'd teach them! But as an Italian speaker myself I can tell you that, at least in my opinion, he didn't sound offensive at all: there are various ways of saying things, and he did it in the funniest and lighter way, and -even swearing- him in tv was a big breath of fresh air, believe me.

In the same way you don't need to always act serious to actually be serious and professional; and according to me- and according to the Italian press and audience, for what it's worth it- that was the great thing about him: to express serious, interesting content, in a clever, witty and- when needed- funny way. He was described by a journalist as “a very rare mix of sarcasm and sweetness”, and I think we all agree that that's not “the thing he claimed to despise the most”.

The “willy” thing is just a 3 minutes long anedoct of an auditions process that lasted 3 hours per 5 days, and that was edited in two 2 hours long episodes, so I think that's very superficial, judging everything not having watched anything. And we shouldn't do, imo, a too much big deal out of it: it was just a moment of laughter, and -honestly- I find the comparison between the girls' families and Mika's family completely out of place. It was not disrespectful, it was just an ironic way of pointing out something objective. He laughed too much? He's human after all, and he said “I'm sorry” various times at the end of the judgement. So I don't find it “disgusting” at all.

I think that the judges are not deciding who to give the Nobel prize, there's nothing wrong, sometimes- I repeat, “when needed” and when it's not out of place- in taking things not too seriously. I repeat, it's just a funny moment, and it shouldn't represent the whole show, which actually was pretty interesting.

Of course some people who auditioned were trash, or not talented, but they auditioned, so they have the same right to be put on tv as the good ones. And towards the trash ones the judges have been very harsh actually, but never humiliating, and certainly they didn't indulge on them for the sake of entertainment: they seemed rather bothered by arrogant and not talented contestants.

And, btw, I don't feel sorry for the girls' mothers, at all. It's them who decided to send to the auditions three 16-year-old girls, (un)dressed like that, untalented like that: they have nothing to complain about, they should have been clever enough to talk to their daughters, to maybe give them some advice to improve themselves, rather than send them to a show, which has no fault: they let them sing once, they destroyed a Jannacci song in the most disrespectful way. They were then given another chance, and they blew it, that's it, you're not good enough.

That's the difference: Mika was rejected not because he wasn't good enough, because he wasn't “normal” enough. And that's why Mika, as a judge, is always trying to bet on originality, wether it is a weird Chinese girl, a rather scary “gothic punk” singer, a boy who forgets the whole song but you can see may have something original to say. He chose them not for the sake of the show, in order to laugh at them, but because he knows that being original, being natural -in good or in bad- is always better than being good but mediocre, so why not give them another chance?

That's why I really liked him as a judge, simply because he's himself, and I enjoy him and his personality, which also includes his lighter, sometimes childish, side.

That's everything, anyway I respect your opinion, and I know we'll never agree on this XF thing ;)

Reality shows always have these ridiculous, funny contestant who are far from talent. They were brought to the program just to be laughed at, it happens all the time... It is expected from the judges to laugh. However I agree that mika had to think twice before he laughed about this issue or at least stop before it's exaggerated.

Simon Cowell from US Xfactor exaggerats much more with his statements and I think that's what attracts the audience to watch it, they are waiting for his response...

Yeah, that's what these tacky reality shows are about, ridiculing people who don't have talent(but think they do ) to get the ratings, instead of just showing people who have talent, and finding a new star, which would make a far better show

I know,you're absolutely right! Honestly,I'd have never watched Italian XF,if it wasn't Mika involved.I'm not excited by people coming and making fool of themselves on stage,I just wanted to see how is he as a judge,if he'll be forced to play a fake role or not.And from what I see,he is the same Mika as always,having fun,making immature jokes,but also being honest and true about the competitors' skills.Of course they show also on TV the ridiculous moments to get a higher rating,but this is the business world,everywhere is the same.

Edited by krysady

Reality shows always have these ridiculous, funny contestant who are far from talent. They were brought to the program just to be laughed at, it happens all the time... It is expected from the judges to laugh. However I agree that mika had to think twice before he laughed about this issue or at least stop before it's exaggerated.

Simon Cowell from US Xfactor exaggerats much more with his statements and I think that's what attracts the audience to watch it, they are waiting for his response...

I found myself often agreeing with Simon when he was on American Idol :teehee: I just didn't like the way he gave his opinion. :naughty:

Had he chosen to do the Voice first (and just the Voice) I would have objected less than X-factor. The Voice doesn't show bad singers and the humour is found in the interaction of the judges more than the mocking of the contestants. It's a Dutch concept and I saw an interview with someone who helped set it up and he said he only agreed to do it if singers were judged on their voice rather than the way they looked. Hence the 'blind auditions'. I find that concept much better, even though I still would prefer him not doing it.

From what I've seen of the X-factor show so far, I don't think it's any different from any other similar show around the globe.

I just wanted to see how is he as a judge,if he'll be forced to play a fake role or not.

Why is this always held up as some kind of hallmark about whether the show is good or not or whether it's desireable for Mika to appear on it or not? I have never noticed a judge on any of these shows acting fake or suppressing their opinions. That is not the problem at all. The problem is that Mika has put himself in the position of judging others and deciding their fates in 30 seconds which is something that angered and hurt him when it happened to him.

I don't care if these girls had mothers who should have known better. I don't care if the girls have no talent. Mika is no more deserving of human compassion and a little bit of tact simply because he has more talent. He built an entire career out of being mistreated by the music industry but I am sure he was never humiliated and mocked in this way by the people who rejected him. If a label thinks you're sh*t they just won't call you back. They don't point out to the whole world that you're so sh*t you don't deserve not to be mocked on national television.

I found myself often agreeing with Simon when he was on American Idol :teehee: I just didn't like the way he gave his opinion. :naughty:

My biggest problem with Simon's opinions were that if the girl was blonde and cute and ditzy he started judging with his willy willy willy instead of his business sense. :mf_rosetinted:

Why is this always held up as some kind of hallmark about whether the show is good or not or whether it's desireable for Mika to appear on it or not? I have never noticed a judge on any of these shows acting fake or suppressing their opinions. That is not the problem at all. The problem is that Mika has put himself in the position of judging others and deciding their fates in 30 seconds which is something that angered and hurt him when it happened to him.

I don't care if these girls had mothers who should have known better. I don't care if the girls have no talent. Mika is no more deserving of human compassion and a little bit of tact simply because he has more talent. He built an entire career out of being mistreated by the music industry but I am sure he was never humiliated and mocked in this way by the people who rejected him. If a label thinks you're sh*t they just won't call you back. They don't point out to the whole world that you're so sh*t you don't deserve not to be mocked on national television.

But he didn't say anything about their singing ablities!

He didn't say "oh you're terrible, go home" like he was told when he started his career. He simply laughed at the fact that it sounded like they want to get laid. That's all. He didn't even laught at THEM. He laughed BECAUSE they said 'willy'.

I think this is all getting out of hand. What's done is done, the girls will move on and if someone doesn't like the way Mika acts, he can leave! People make mistakes all day, every day. Even Mika.

I don't want to persue the way he acted but that's who he is and we have to deal with it and let go.

Had he chosen to do the Voice first (and just the Voice) I would have objected less than X-factor. The Voice doesn't show bad singers and the humour is found in the interaction of the judges more than the mocking of the contestants. It's a Dutch concept and I saw an interview with someone who helped set it up and he said he only agreed to do it if singers were judged on their voice rather than the way they looked. Hence the 'blind auditions'. I find that concept much better, even though I still would prefer him not doing it.

From what I've seen of the X-factor show so far, I don't think it's any different from any other similar show around the globe.

About the swearing (too lazy to look for your other post :teehee:)

We do have swearing on tv, but it wouldn't be during a tv show that is considered "family oriented" ... swearing starts later at night :naughty:

QUOTE FROM CHRISTINE: (I don't know why it didn't get my quotation! Sorry!)

""The problem is that Mika has put himself in the position of judging others and deciding their fates in 30 seconds which is something that angered and hurt him when it happened to him. ""

REPLY:

They sang like everyone else for 3 minutes. Then they were given another chance. It's the edit that shortens the auditions.

QUOTE:

REPLY:

The judges have always been respectful. Watch the show if you don't believe me. In this case they told them what was wrong in a polite way; Mika acted immature for 3 minutes, he later apologised. Disrespect is another thing for me. A record label rejecting an artist because he's "too different" is disrespectful and offensive imo, certainly more than pointing out an objective thing in a silly way. But as someone said, he's human. And he can make mistakes. And he apologised for it. And I repeat, Mika's choices, his search for originality, are perfectly coherent with his past. I respect everyone's opinion, but you can't judge a whole show after watching 3 minutes of it, and especially after watching only the first audition, which is by nature the part where the judges can't partecipate on the musical aspect, as they will later on the live show.

That's my opinion, you have yours, it's ok to disagree. It's ok to share and confront them, but they are opinions, that is, "personal truths", not universal truths, and we should always keep that in mind. Bye! :)

I know,you're absolutely right! Honestly,I'd have never watched Italian XF,if it wasn't Mika involved.I'm not excited by people coming and making fool of themselves on stage,I just wanted to see how is he as a judge,if he'll be forced to play a fake role or not.And from what I see,he is the same Mika as always,having fun,making immature jokes,but also being honest and true about the competitors' skills.Of course they show also on TV the ridiculous moments to get a higher rating,but this is the business world,everywhere is the same.

Mika claimed he chose to do the Italian xfactor because it was different, its just the same old ,same old ****e,as in any another country. Who's he trying to kid? Himself ?Or his fans

Me too :naughty: Because he's so real and says what he thinks, and it's just funny..

Althogh he said recently "I feel sorry for your parents...." and added: "for hearing you sing". After Demi said "you don't say that!". (only one of many)

That's really inappropriate :sneaky2:

But I mean, you can't expect judges to take them seriously.... But they also need to watch their mouths at the same time.

My biggest problem with Simon's opinions were that if the girl was blonde and cute and ditzy he started judging with his willy willy willy instead of his business sense. :mf_rosetinted:

OMG yes!

But he didn't say anything about their singing ablities!

He didn't say "oh you're terrible' date=' go home" like he was told when he started his career. He simply laughed at the fact that it sounded like they want to get laid. That's all. He didn't even laught at THEM. He laughed BECAUSE they said 'willy'.

I think this is all getting out of hand. What's done is done, the girls will move on and[b'] if someone doesn't like the way Mika acts, he can leave![/b] People make mistakes all day, every day. Even Mika.

I don't want to persue the way he acted but that's who he is and we have to deal with it and let go.

Please don't speak like that.

We are just exchanging opinions. Not the first or last time that we agree/disagree. It isn't an argument, it isn't a matter of you are right, i am wrong. It's a discussion of people's opinion. No more no less.

Tomorrow (or who knows, maybe later on today) we will find something that we are all in :swoon: that Mika did. Just not this. :blush-anim-cl:

Me too :naughty: Because he's so real and says what he thinks, and it's just funny..

Althogh he said recently "I feel sorry for your parents...." and added: "for hearing you sing". After Demi said "you don't say that!". (only one of many)

That's really inappropriate :sneaky2:

But I mean, you can't expect judges to take them seriously.... But they also need to watch their mouths at the same time.

On what show is that? which country?

I'm talking about when he was on AI in the USA

I do like some singing competitions, i just could never get on board with XF :dunno:

QUOTE FROM CHRISTINE: (I don't know why it didn't get my quotation! Sorry!)

""The problem is that Mika has put himself in the position of judging others and deciding their fates in 30 seconds which is something that angered and hurt him when it happened to him. ""

REPLY:

They sang like everyone else for 3 minutes. Then they were given another chance. It's the edit that shortens the auditions.

QUOTE:

REPLY:

The judges have always been respectful. Watch the show if you don't believe me. In this case they told them what was wrong in a polite way; Mika acted immature for 3 minutes, he later apologised. Disrespect is another thing for me. A record label rejecting an artist because he's "too different" is disrespectful and offensive imo, certainly more than pointing out an objective thing in a silly way. But as someone said, he's human. And he can make mistakes. And he apologised for it. And I repeat, Mika's choices, his search for originality, are perfectly coherent with his past. I respect everyone's opinion, but you can't judge a whole show after watching 3 minutes of it, and especially after watching only the first audition, which is by nature the part where the judges can't partecipate on the musical aspect, as they will later on the live show.

That's my opinion, you have yours, it's ok to disagree. It's ok to share and confront them, but they are opinions, that is, "personal truths", not universal truths, and we should always keep that in mind. Bye! :)

As much as I have tried to avoid this, as I am NOT a fan of the show, I watched a couple of the clips from it, also I watched the clips from when Mika was a guest judge back in December last year.

From what I see, it's absolutely NO different from the UK version in the judging aspect.

And also from what I have seen of the contestants, they are no different from people who enter here either.

I had a friend who auditioned a few years back, and he is a talented singer who had performed opera in local theatres, but his vocal style was suited to other types of singing too.

He was told he wasn't what they were looking for, even though he knocked the socks off some of the people who ended up on tv.

Like I have said many times before, and make no mistake, it doesn't matter which country it is in, this is Simon Cowells show, and he calls the shots no matter what. He wants artists that he can mould to his specifications, so whoever gets to the finals, you can be sure, that the end product will be what Simon wants.

He laughed BECAUSE they said 'willy'.

It didn't sound like they said willy at all to me which is perhaps why I don't find it as side splittingly hilarious as everyone else. :dunno: They just have terrible pronunciation. Chiara also has quite bad pronunciation with some English sounds but I don't see him mocking her about it.

People make mistakes all day' date=' every day. Even Mika. [/quote']

The mistake from my perspective is that he ever agreed to judge people in the first place.

A record label rejecting an artist because he's "too different" is disrespectful and offensive imo, certainly more than pointing out an objective thing in a silly way.

We don't know for certain why Mika was rejected. Just that he was extremely bitter about it. He used to tell everyone that he couldn't break into the US because he was gay but that was a terribly simplistic (and IMO inaccurate) assessment of the circumstances he was facing.

but they are opinions, that is, "personal truths", not universal truths, and we should always keep that in mind. Bye! :)

No one has implied that they have any universal truths. Obviously we are just sharing our own opinions.

OMG yes!

Please don't speak like that.

We are just exchanging opinions. Not the first or last time that we agree/disagree. It isn't an argument, it isn't a matter of you are right, i am wrong. It's a discussion of people's opinion. No more no less.

Tomorrow (or who knows, maybe later on today) we will find something that we are all in :swoon: that Mika did. Just not this. :blush-anim-cl:

I'm just saying that I think it's not fair of her to judge him becuase we don't know all details and I her quitting from watching the X factor is completely from the wrong reason, but if she finds it reasonable, who am I to stop her..

Not in every country it isn't.

In the UK it is on ITV which public tv that everyone can watch without having to pay subscription for.

I thought she spoke of the Italian program, and is broadcast by Sky in Italy, which is a private TV station, not national television: a Murdoch tv

and I totally agree with you! I also do not see much difference "moral and ethical" with the other xfactor

Edited by Miquette

About the swearing (too lazy to look for your other post :teehee:)

We do have swearing on tv, but it wouldn't be during a tv show that is considered "family oriented" ... swearing starts later at night :naughty:

I'm just saying that I think it's not fair of her to judge him becuase we don't know all details and I her quitting from watching the X factor is completely from the wrong reason' date=' but if she finds it reasonable, who am I to stop her..[/quote']

It's still kind of rude to tell someone to leave just because that person doesn't agree with something Mika said/did.

I wasn't too bothered with his behaviour in that video myself, but that's mainly because it's the risk you take when you come on a show like that.