MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

I'll watch The Voice because it's something I was already watching the previous years without Mika taking part, but I can't get around watching anything from X Factor. I had some 'Mika time' this afternoon and I decided to go to YT and watch performances from gigs I've been to instead. Not motivated to watch XF especially after reading about this 'willy' sequence.

You don't need to motivate your decision by referring to the triple willy affair you even didn't see, as I understand from your words.

We understand your decision anyway :wink2:, we're open minded here :aah:

Hi Christine

It's great that it appeals to the Italians but I am not Italian so I am not going to view it the same way.

I am Italian and it really does not appeal to me either, for the same reasons you have eloquently described several times and I am not going to repeat.

I also do not think X-factor Italy is different from any of the other talent shows around.

Regarding the judges, Elio seems a clever one, although he looks very bored there. Simona is often disliked in Italy as somebody else said, but in my opinion not because she is a woman with opinions (and too bad those are an exception in Italy) but because she tries to be clever and classy, but she really fails at that.

In my opinion Morgan is also annoying, trying to show off his "culture" which impresses only....well the fans of X-factor...

Stefania

Well I appreciate your honesty. I think there would be a lot less drama if everyone was upfront about their motivations and could accept that other people do not have the same motivations.

I used to be very interested in everything that Mika was doing.

Thank you! And I really understand what you mean,after some time I might don't give a **** about what he's doing as well,for one reason or another.

Well that's it exactly. I already know I don't want to watch X Factor because I dislike the whole concept so all these comments about how amazing it is and how professional and witty Mika is are not going to influence my opinion or make it worthwhile to watch for me because I use my own judgement. It's great that it appeals to the Italians but I am not Italian so I am not going to view it the same way.

Anyone with any real talent as a pop singer is going to make it on the charts one day so I will listen to them then if it suits my tastes. I don't see the point in sitting through hours and hours of mediocrity or bad Spice Girls impersonations in the meantime.

Maybe someone in Italy has the same opinion as you, and is listening Mika just stumbling on TOOL on iTunes Charts, thanks to other Italian people, who have discovered and downloaded his music after that couple of hours of mediocrity.

Maybe someone in Italy has the same opinion as you, and is listening Mika just stumbling on TOOL on iTunes Charts, thanks to other Italian people, who have discovered and downloaded his music after that couple of hours of mediocrity.

Many fans here may dislike talent shows and this is one of them, and I totally respect your opinions , but at least there are many people who weren't interested in Mika's music at all, and now they are discovering it thanks to the show, so there is at least one good effect, imo :wink2:

Okay, this is my last post on the subject, I think I have written even too much for something like this. :)

I think I have made it clear that I'm not trying to exhalt XF Italia as an “amazing” show, or put it on a “pedestal”: I've illustrated both the negative and the positive sides, I've pointed out some objective differences with other talents, and I've found myself agreeing with Mika on this issue. A show, indeed, but a show that is not completely “impure”. So as I fan I don't feel “fooled” at all.

I enjoy the show, with the awareness and the critical perspective that every clever person that decides to watch this kind of show has; I enjoy everything that is singing-related, I enjoy musical research, I am a fan of Mika: these are the reasons I'll watch the show for.

What I'm asking is not to give definitive judgements and statements without completely knowing everything: these judgements may be true for a context but not for another.

And I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone to watch it: I mean, if he started playing football (lol), I wouldn't be interested and I wouldn't follow him in that adventure. So I undestand those who are not interested, there's nothing wrong with that.

After all, this is a break for Mika, it's not that he has decided to do this for life! It's just an experience. Some of us- me included- will enjoy it, some of us no, there's no problem with that. :wink2:

Ciao ciao!

:bye:

Many fans here may dislike talent shows and this is one of them, and I totally respect your opinions , but at least there are many people who weren't interested in Mika's music at all, and now they are discovering it thanks to the show, so there is at least one good effect, imo :wink2:

I'm not publishing the good effects of the show on his music by chance.

XF can be an appreciated way or not to promote music to a wide audience, but its benefits on the charts are evident.

I think I have made it clear that I'm not trying to exhalt XF Italia as an “amazing” show, or put it on a “pedestal”: I've illustrated both the negative and the positive sides, I've pointed out some objective differences with other talents, and I've found myself agreeing with Mika on this issue. A show, indeed, but a show that is not completely “impure”. So as I fan I don't feel “fooled” at all.

I enjoy the show, with the awareness and the critical perspective that every clever person that decides to watch this kind of show has; I enjoy everything that is singing-related, I enjoy musical research, I am a fan of Mika: these are the reasons I'll watch the show for.

What I'm asking is not to give definitive judgements and statements without completely knowing everything: these judgements may be true for a context but not for another.

And I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone to watch it: I mean, if he started playing football (lol), I wouldn't be interested and I wouldn't follow him in that adventure. So I undestand those who are not interested, there's nothing wrong with that.

After all, this is a break for Mika, it's not that he has decided to do this for life! It's just an experience. Some of us- me included- will enjoy it, some of us no, there's no problem with that. :wink2:

Now I have the picture of Mika playing football in my head :lmfao: Anyway, I agree with most points :thumb_yello:

Well, we watched these vids with my husband, and had a lot of fun. We had never watched this type of program in my country, because it seemed me so shallow and unworthy, but thanks to Mika we really enjoyed spending the time with this X-Factor.

Firstly I saw the willy vid, and was kinda surprised with Mika's hysterical reaction (in a negative way), but after I watched the whole program and understood the feeling, the atmosphere and his mood - I understood him and perceived this occasion in totally different way.

I like his interest in what he is doing, I love his special way how he scrutinized the singers, his fire, how he tried not to laugh in some moments, and many other things.

I will gladly watch all the next programs! :boing: Maybe because I can understand all he says and some snatches of other conversations (that's why I'm not waiting for the Voice in french and understand people who is not interested because of the unknown language).

She behaved in a pretty arrogant way, she was like "I'm a professional singer, I perform onstage more often than I hang out with my friends, the stage is my real home..." , she chose a song by Chiara, last winner of Xfactor, she was too confident she would have been chosen. She wasn't a bad singer but nothing special, so the judges told her to come back next year with an humbler attitude...

ah thanks. :thumb_yello: well at least i got that they booed her because of something she said, not because of her singing. :teehee: but i really hope mika's italian doesn't become as elaborate (regarding vocabulary and length of sentences) and fast as the italian's italian, as that'd mean i wouldn't understand him anymore either. :naughty:

I was surprised so many sang in English, but the one I liked was the dark headed girl who sang in Italian.

I have watched the UK version for years and now the US version. So I'm good with the show, I love the opportunity to discover new talent and hear great music.

I watched a bit of the first episode and the thing that really upsets me about these shows is that these judges (and now Mika which I still can't believe because it's incredibly disturbing) are making singers and potential future song writers lose hope in their musical abilities just by telling them whether they suck or are amazing in one single moment. It's wrong because no musician or singer is excellent at what they do from the beginning. They have to be encouraged to become better and they will if they believe in themselves but these judges are mocking so many potentially gifted and creative people and telling them they're either good enough or never will be and it sickens me.

And making music and singing shouldn't be about being famous on a TV show; It should be about expressing yourself and being creative.

I'm just really disappointed in Mika after seeing him making those girls cry and mocking them; 'Cause who knows? Maybe they'll never want to try to be better singers after Mika made fun of them like a little childish brat.

I love Mika, but gosh he can be so inconsiderate sometimes. I would never want to make money shattering other potential and creative artists' dreams, ever.

I watched a bit of the first episode and the thing that really upsets me about these shows is that these judges (and now Mika which I still can't believe because it's incredibly disturbing) are making singers and potential future song writers lose hope in their musical abilities just by telling them whether they suck or are amazing in one single moment. It's wrong because no musician or singer is excellent at what they do from the beginning. They have to be encouraged to become better and they will if they believe in themselves but these judges are mocking so many potentially gifted and creative people and telling them they're either good enough or never will be and it sickens me.

And making music and singing shouldn't be about being famous on a TV show; It should be about expressing yourself and being creative.

I'm just really disappointed in Mika after seeing him making those girls cry and mocking them; 'Cause who knows? Maybe they'll never want to try to be better singers after Mika made fun of them like a little childish brat.

I love Mika, but gosh he can be so inconsiderate sometimes. I would never want to make money shattering other potential and creative artists' dreams, ever.

While I understand what you say, I advise you to watch the entire episode... Tiny clips don't give you a full picture.

Did you see the guy singing Foo fighters? Because instead of crashing his hopes, they (and especially Mika) saw potential and made him go through

While I understand what you say, I advise you to watch the entire episode... Tiny clips don't give you a full picture.

Did you see the guy singing Foo fighters? Because instead of crashing his hopes, they (and especially Mika) saw potential and made him go through

I agree that sometimes they do give potential artists more chances but what about all the others who are rejected? I just feel terrible for all those people on all of these shows. As someone who has been struggling to become better at singing and playing instruments I know how quickly you can learn to be better and I'm appreciative that I always had people like my music teachers who always told me that if I kept practising I would get better, so I guess I just feel a lot of empathy for these people who are mocked and told they're not good enough on television for everyone to see. But I guess they shouldn't go on these shows in the first place if all they're looking for is fame hmmm...

I agree that sometimes they do give potential artists more chances but what about all the others who are rejected? I just feel terrible for all those people on all of these shows. As someone who has been struggling to become better at singing and playing instruments I know how quickly you can learn to be better and I'm appreciative that I always had people like my music teachers who always told me that if I kept practising I would get better, so I guess I just feel a lot of empathy for these people who are mocked and told they're not good enough on television for everyone to see. But I guess they shouldn't go on these shows in the first place if all they're looking for is fame hmmm...

Exactly.. I think some of these people are looking for an easy way up but it's not the case.

Did you ever watch The Voice? I find it the cruelest... When someone sings and no one turns around.:shocked:

Exactly.. I think some of these people are looking for an easy way up but it's not the case.

Did you ever watch The Voice? I find it the cruelest... When someone sings and no one turns around.:shocked:

My friends love these shows and yes I've seen a bit of the Voice but not much. I think I remember seeing something like that. :( But it's good that they can't judge them after their appearance I guess :)

Yeah, and the lady in red, Elena, he convinced Morgan to say yes!!

Mika said yes, but when he guessed that Morgan could say no from what he had begun to say, he interrupted him by saying "there's potential here", and when Morgan let the girl pass with his third yes, it was a good moment!

Ps then LaraMay, you HAVE to see it, cause they aired my big face in the audience :aah:

I was so happy for the girl, that everybody now knows it :naughty:

Edited by Valmont69

@LaraMay: Lara,those girls were crying because they get 3 NO from the judges,and go out of the contest,not because of Mika.They said afterwards they will try again the next year.But have you seen their first performance?

And Mika was the only one who said YES to the most peculiar contestants,and he convinced also the other judges to do the same,because he saw potential and originality on them.I'm sure those people wouldn't get any chance to go further without him.I personally didn't see anyone being rude or mocking the competitors,but this might be because of my poor Italian,of course :aah:

Thanks a million for sharing !! You are the star !! :huglove::flowers2:

uploaded your files to Veoh.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v61788242DDTBTBbw

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v61788863SagE2HzW

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v61789182rYwayMbf

veoh.png?version=AFrontend.5.7.0.1413

This is my Veoh channel for Mika. http://www.veoh.com/users/mikadb