Christine

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caz, thank you so much. :wub2::wub2::wub2:

you're welcome!

One thing which never fails to amaze me is how any number of people can view the same event completely differently. That said, each version of events can still be totally valid.

I have to admit I was worried before MIKA came out that he would be swamped but despite there being quite a crowd around him I thought he always looked comfortable and in control of the situation. He didn't chat at length with anyone but he seemed to make his way round to most people who wanted to see him. I was fully expecting him to jump in the car and drive off because of the way the majority of people were huddled round the door but all credit to him he handled the situation really well. Obviously each person has their own view on how to behave at these things, personally I think MIKA is more likely to spend longer there if people hang back initially and give him room and also move aside quickly once they have had their moment with him. We did the same as Babs and waited across the road until he came out but once he did we made our way over and stood on the fringes of the group, he soon made his way to us so we could get our promo signed and we went home very happy bunnies.

I'm still on a real high from last night, it was so special perhaps I am just remembering it with rose tinted spectacles but I thought the M & G had the potential to be a disaster but it turned out quite good in the end.

p.s. Jules has gone to see 'Grumpy Old Women' tonight, but I bet she still comes home with a smile on her face and on a high from last nights gig. Not even a night of women moaning will be enough to turn her mood :wink2:

Mika did handle it very well, you're right. He was cheery and he was having conversations with people. Well, sort of. If you watch my video he was talking to me about how he bumped into Billy Nighy LOL. Nice and relaxed, even if people were huddled all around him.

Part 6 - THE FINAL BIT.

I think I randomly see myself leaning forward to give him my programme towards the end. I THINK. But it was dark so I couldn't really tell.

D'you know what, I would have been so embarrassed if you'd got my "YOU'VE ALREADY DONE ITTTT!!!" recorded. Arrrrrrrgh, I'm cringing thinking about it, hahaah.

Well done Caz, vlogs = well good.

you're welcome!

Mika did handle it very well, you're right. He was cheery and he was having conversations with people. Well, sort of. If you watch my video he was talking to me about how he bumped into Billy Nighy LOL. Nice and relaxed, even if people were huddled all around him.

Yes, but not so nice for those who couldn't get a look in. I waited till he started to come towards us, but people who were near the door came round for a second shot and followed him. Good job I have seen him before or I would be really disappointed.

I agree Mika handled it well.

Honestly, some of you should stand back for a change at things like this and see what really happens.

Yes, but not so nice for those who couldn't get a look in. I waited till he started to come towards us, but people who were near the door came round for a second shot and followed him. Good job I have seen him before or I would be really disappointed.

Honestly, some of you should stand back for a change at things like this and see what really happens.

I did kinda see at Sadler's Wells, after I had my moment. People do mob him. The only reason why I followed round was because I gave him the poster, but he couldn't do it back up so I took it back to do it for him, and then he went off to sign other people's things, so I had to go and see him again to make sure he went home with his present :aah:

Those boys who landed themselves in front of me, Dan and Sara followed him round and they got to speak to him at the end. Silly. We asked them to join the queue. If people stayed in their rightful spots there wouldn't have been any of this horsing around.

He needs to do what Jimmy Carr does at Meet and Greets, which is where they stay at the front and the fans are in a straight line between barriers and they go up to them one by one. Simples.

Thank you so much for reports, so emotionals, and videos: any Other world made me cry more than usual.

The choir was amazing , i definitively prefer small venues to stadiums!:mf_rosetinted:

Ditto. Which begs the question; why am I going to Nice?

You've just been spoilt because he made a point of coming over especially to talk to you in Blackpool, even though you were sitting down and making no attempt to speak to him ....lol

He can be such a pain sometimes can't he? Bloody stalker :wink2:

You've just been spoilt because he made a point of coming over especially to talk to you in Blackpool, even though you were sitting down and making no attempt to speak to him ....lol

He can be such a pain sometimes can't he? Bloody stalker :wink2:

Be cool, Kev. :wink2:

Seriously though, you and Jules always get it right. We should send some fans to the JulesnKev Fan Training School. :naughty:

I don't think it will be on TV. It may turn up on the mencap site though.

it won't? :tears: arrgh, guess mixed it up with all the other tv stuff that is on atm! :aah:

but at least there are youtube vids, thanx for posting them @ all, and thanx for all the reports, sounds fab! :wub2:

haha love the pic of the setlist, where it just says "toy" instead of "toy boy"! :lmao: - wonder if that was because it was in a church and someone would've been irritated by the full title... :naughty:

Be cool, Kev. :wink2:

Seriously though, you and Jules always get it right. We should send some fans to the JulesnKev Fan Training School. :naughty:

Awww, thanks Babs. To be honest, most of the time for us (like yourself) the M & G is just about getting a chance to thank him. Last night though, we really wanted to get Jules' promo signed (the one of the album before they changed the name to TBWKTM) I'd even made a special trip into town the day before to buy a new GAWLDEN pen especially but it was certainly worth it, as we were really pleased with the result...one to treasure.

Awww, thanks Babs. To be honest, most of the time for us (like yourself) the M & G is just about getting a chance to thank him. Last night though, we really wanted to get Jules' promo signed (the one of the album before they changed the name to TBWKTM) I'd even made a special trip into town the day before to buy a new GAWLDEN pen especially but it was certainly worth it, as we were really pleased with the result...one to treasure.

yes I did see you guys talking to him! :original: You two are so sweet.

Hi all, I am back in a relatively normal state now and ready to post my gig review that is likely to contain only my impressions rather than trying to give a full and detailed acccount of what happened.

I had high expectations from this gig as I thought the King’s Singers rearranging some of Mika’s songs will turn out most amazing. Well, my expectations have been met and even exceeded but it was mostly because of Mika. :pinkbow:He ’shone’ last night. I don’t know if it was because he was challenged by these guys but his voice was outstanding and he was in full control. You could feel that it meant a lot for him.

They started with Grace Kelly – a most perfect choice to create the right atmosphere. The King's Singers (and let's mention Philip Lawson here, who I think did most of the arrangements) did a great job and it was really unbelievable how they managed to do a version that still sounded new and exciting. Mika unconsciously acted like a conductor during this song and some other songs too:teehee: - that’s how I remember it, anyway :biggrin2:

Funny how before Lady Jane he mentioned how nervous he was because the guys on stage with him were professional singers and then he didn’t get the first note right...:naughty:... yet what came after that was unbelievable.

I had never heard his voice so amazingly powerful before :swoon:

It was the best Lady Jane he ever sang – that I am certain.

Any Other World – it was soooo beautiful and moving. Mika sounded and looked like a mature peformer. I have a clear picture of this song in my head: it is David ( I mean ’Sunshine’ not the one from the KS :naughty) never taking his eyes off Mika – trying to follow what the master wants and what rhythm and dynamics he dictates ....:teehee:...

Well, I guess I just need to restrain myself and stop talking in superlatives as it might become boring and you might have already seen some of these songs on YT anyway..

So, only a couple of words on the other songs now... Stuck in the Middle, Blue Eyes, Billy Brown, We Are Golden and Love Today– these were all without the KS’s and sounded as you usually hear them at gigs and were mind-blowing ’as usual’ . During these songs, however, the KS’s had some time to enjoy themselves – I bet they have never seen anything like this from any other stage :teehee:

Rain – it was great with the ’plink plonk’ sound (as Freddie calls the pizzicato ) sang by the KS :thumb_yello:

Over My shoulder – perfect song for acapella singing and substituting piano with vocal harmonies ...Again, I liked how they arranged it.

By the Time - was just great...:mf_lustslow: I am so glad I was there to listen to it live. It will not be easy to sing it live again in simiar quality... I guess I will buy the KS's new album with this song on it when it comes out next year. :blush-anim-cl:

Toy Boy – I was truly amazed. It was kind of predictable they’d sing it together but it was beyond belief how it actually turned out...:blush-anim-cl: When I mentioned previously it was an immaculate performance again , the ’again’ meant like he originally performed it in LA. It was basically acted out again and the tempo changes returned. (Shame people were clapping at the beginning :sneaky2: and lucky they stopped by the 2nd verse.)

Lollipop – before the concert I said I couldn’t imagine those family guys singing the chorus but they did it and it was a perfect ending (though no ’Happy Ending’ )

Edited by suzie

you're welcome!

yeah, I remember him talking about Bill Nighy and the screensaver, he said he'd know him for quite a few years (don't know why but I was surprised by that...lol)

Having trouble watching your vlog though, part 6 freezes for me at 2:34 :crybaby:

yeah, I remember him talking about Bill Nighy and the screensaver, he said he'd know him for quite a few years (don't know why but I was surprised by that...lol)

Having trouble watching your vlog though, part 6 freezes for me at 2:34 :crybaby:

O.O I had the exact same conversation!!!!!! am watching my video now to see if mine freezes too...

I had high expectations from this gig as I thought the King’s Singers rearranging some of Mika’s songs will turn out most amazing. Well, my expectations have been met and even exceeded but it was mostly because of Mika. :pinkbow: He ’shone’ last night. I don’t know if it was because he was challenged by these guys but his voice was outstanding and he was in full control. You could feel that it meant a lot for him.

It was the most amazing gig. His voice was incredible. Absolutely amazing.

They started with Grace Kelly – a most perfect choice to create the right atmosphere. The King's Singers (and let's mention Philip Lawson here, who I think did most of the arrangements) did a great job and it was really unbelievable how they managed to do a version that still sounded new and exciting. Mika unconsciously acted like a conductor during this song and some other songs too:teehee: - that’s how I remember it, anyway :biggrin2:)

Yes, I thought I was a bit sick of GK, but this was something else. And he was conducting them haha and not just during GK either.

Like you say Suzie, there aren't really enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe it.

Hi all, I am back in a relatively normal state now and ready to post my gig review that is likely to contain only my impressions rather than trying to give a full and detailed acccount of what happened.

I had high expectations from this gig as I thought the King’s Singers rearranging some of Mika’s songs will turn out most amazing. Well, my expectations have been met and even exceeded but it was mostly because of Mika. :pinkbow:He ’shone’ last night. I don’t know if it was because he was challenged by these guys but his voice was outstanding and he was in full control. You could feel that it meant a lot for him.

They started with Grace Kelly – a most perfect choice to create the right atmosphere. The King's Singers (and let's mention Philip Lawson here, who I think did most of the arrangements) did a great job and it was really unbelievable how they managed to do a version that still sounded new and exciting. Mika unconsciously acted like a conductor during this song and some other songs too- that’s how I remember it, anyway :biggrin2:

Funny how before Lady Jane he mentioned how nervous he was because the guys on stage with him were professional singers and then he didn’t get the first note right...:naughty:... yet what came after that was unbelievable.

I had never heard his voice so amazingly powerful before :swoon:

It was the best Lady Jane he ever sang – that I am certain.

Any Other World – it was soooo beautiful and moving. Mika sounded and looked like a mature peformer. I have a clear picture of this song in my head: it is David ( I mean ’Sunshine’ not the one from the KS :naughty) never taking his eyes off Mika – trying to follow what the master wants and what rhythm and dynamics he dictates ....:teehee:...

Well, I guess I just need to restrain myself and stop talking in superlatives as it might become boring and you might have already seen some of these songs on YT anyway..

So, only a couple of words on the other songs now... Stuck in the Middle, Blue Eyes, Billy Brown, We Are Golden and Love Today– these were all without the KS’s and sounded as you usually hear them at gigs and were mind-blowing ’as usual’ . During these songs, however, the KS’s had some time to enjoy themselves – I bet they have never seen anything like this from any other stage :teehee:

Rain – it was great with the ’plink plonk’ sound (as Freddie calls the pizzicato ) sang by the KS :thumb_yello:

Over My shoulder – perfect song for acapella singing and substituting piano with vocal harmonies ...Again, I liked how they arranged it.

By the Time - was just great...:mf_lustslow: I am so glad I was there to listen to it live. It will not be easy to sing it live again in simiar quality... I guess I will buy the KS's new album with this song on it when it comes out next year. :blush-anim-cl:

Toy Boy – I was truly amazed. It was kind of predictable they’d sing it together but it was beyond belief how it actually turned out...:blush-anim-cl: When I mentioned previously it was an immaculate performance again , the ’again’ meant like he originally performed it in LA. It was basically acted out again and the tempo changes returned. (Shame people were clapping at the beginning :sneaky2: and lucky they stopped by the 2nd verse.)

Lollipop – before the concert I said I couldn’t imagine those family guys singing the chorus but they did it and it was a perfect ending (though no ’Happy Ending’ )

Thank you so much Suzie for this fantastic and detailed report!:wub2:

I'm happy for you that the concert did live up to your expectations!