2012 Heaven, London UK - July 26 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

Hear, hear!

But did he actually say he was gay and not bisexual (as he hinted before) or just that he was in love with a man?

I think the statement was clear, and I´m happy he was confident enough as to make it in London (which IMO is better than doing it in an interview for a magazine in Denmark). But don´t think it´s all clear now!! Pretty sure there´s still people hanging on the "he still can be bisexual" thought.

You see?? :mf_rosetinted:

Bollocks- I haven't the remotest intrest in his sex life, but I'm interested in whether he's a decent guy or a snivelling half truther. If you believe he's gay, you've got to believe that he was pathetically trying to maintain female interest when he said you could describe him as bi. Which is a bit of an insult to him.

But the timing of this "sincere revelation" before a couple of underwhelming singes come out inclines me to think you're probably right

Sorry, I fell alseep after I got home lol, was so exhausted, anyway here's that video of The Origin of Love where Mika talks before, don't think I filmed the entire song, though.

[YOUTUBE]rjsuznSFJFs[/YOUTUBE]

My vids will all be uploaded to this playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE8B439FB8CE8E931&feature=view_all

And my photos are being uploaded here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laramay/sets/72157630772875834/

Omg, love it so much! Thank you so much for uploading!! :flowers2:

And was it Luke??? :shocked::naughty:

Bollocks- I haven't the remotest intrest in his sex life, but I'm interested in whether he's a decent guy or a snivelling half truther. If you believe he's gay, you've got to believe that he was pathetically trying to maintain female interest when he said you could describe him as bi. Which is a bit of an insult to him.

But the timing of this "sincere revelation" before a couple of underwhelming singes come out inclines me to think you're probably right

this crossed my mind a lot.:mf_rosetinted:

this crossed my mind a lot.:mf_rosetinted:

But I wanted to be convinced otherwise!

We had "innocent Mika bullied at school" for LICM (I fell for that one :teehee:) we had "I was a mixed up and rebellious adolescent" for TBWKTM, which I took with a large pinch of salt. Looks like we're in for a set of "tough to be gay in a Lebanese RC family" interviews. I'm not saying he's not or that it wasn't a bit- but he does get carried away by these role plays of his.

Is Bollocks an insult? :shocked:

Anyway, you didnt need to wait till this statement to think he is decent or half truther...

He´s been saying his own truths since the very beginning.. don´t you remember Gertrude?? The bus he bought to go touring?

We agreed time ago, that he has his own point of view on everything and he colours his life in a way that maybe we don´t understand... but he´s been "fooling" us a lot since the very beginning...

And please, don´t misinterpret me, I use the word "fooling" cause I don´t know a better word... but I don´t mean he had been disrespectful to us... it´s just that he likes to make things up, or just to "change" a bit or distort the truth...

That´s why we always take his words "carefully"

OK, FML, today my English is even worse than ever... pft.

People DON'T know it. Someone posted on MFC just yesterday to say that they think he is in love with a woman. :blink:

After years of refusing to discuss it at all, making vague statements about who he could fall in love with hypothetically via twice translated interviews, Mika has finally stood up face-to-face with his audience and made an unequivocal statement that the person he loves is a man. Not could be, not might be, not used to be, IS. I don't understand how anyone can not acknowledge what a huge step this is for Mika and for anyone who has come to care about him on a personal level. If it wasn't a massive step it would have happened naturally many years ago, just as Adele has been talking about her boyfriends since the start of her career.

It's been 5.5 years of having absurd arguments about this - everything from "I don't care" (as if there is any aspect of Mika's life that MFCers don't care about) to "I think he's in love with a woman". He's made his statement. In this song and in plain English. It's over now and I hope people will just come to terms with it and we can all discuss it like we can discuss any other fact of his life and not pretend it's a rumour or we don't or shouldn't care about his personal life. It's not about "what he's doing in his bedroom" it's about who he is, his freedom to be who he is and his happiness.

:clap: I also said i thought he was in love with a woman. It's just that my friends and I spend a lot of hours talking about how the "new" Mika doesn't looks so gay as the "old" Mika :aah:

Hear, hear!

But did he actually say he was gay and not bisexual (as he hinted before) or just that he was in love with a man?

I may be in denial but I also think he's talking about his current relationship. It's definitivaly a huge step for Mika, and I'm happy for him :mikalove: but come on! try to understand us! and by us I mean all those young fangirls who has fantasized [at least once] with beeing Mika's girlfriend. Now we know he has a boyfriend, it will take us some time to forget out fantasy :wink2: Meanwhile... Mika can still be bi :teehee::aah:

[----- end of the sexual orientation part----]

hhmm I've been noticing something strange in the way how Mika is singing :blink: He's rising his shoulders for breathing while he's singing :blink: this may be not important for a lot of people, but really it's a terrible mistake for singers :blink: I mean, every vocal teacher starts with teaching how to breath [i know this cuz I've take vocal lesons twice] and rising your shoulders is the wrong way of breathing :blink:

Nobody has pointed this before tho, I'm starting to think that he has always breath like this :blink:

Maybe I was tetchy because it was so hot. Maybe it was because my legs were aching after standing for four hours so I was too tired to dance. Maybe it was the hour of tedious "music" that we had to put up with while waiting.

Anyway, I hate to say it, but for a large part of this gig I was bored. I had deliberately avoided watching vids from other gigs, so that I didn't prejudge the new Mika with his new band and new image ....... and it was the same as the old Mika. With the addition of that awful hat.

In all the old songs - despite some tiny musical tweaks - it was the same gestures, the same "audience participation" bits, the same superfluous "shooting of the band". I am starting to find this all so tedious.

Please tell me that you're just trying to torment us when you say he shot the band again?

Is Bollocks an insult? :shocked:

Anyway, you didnt need to wait till this statement to think he is decent or half truther...

He´s been saying his own truths since the very beginning.. don´t you remember Gertrude?? The bus he bought to go touring?

We agreed time ago, that he has his own point of view on everything and he colours his life in a way that maybe we don´t understand... but he´s been "fooling" us a lot since the very beginning...

And please, don´t misinterpret me, I use the word "fooling" cause I don´t know a better word... but I don´t mean he had been disrespectful to us... it´s just that he likes to make things up, or just to "change" a bit or distort the truth...

That´s why we always take his words "carefully"

OK, FML, today my English is even worse than ever... pft.

Don't worry "bollocks" isn't an insult just an expression of complete disagreement :thumb_yello:

Thing is, Gertrude, the French chateau Christmas, the plush animals which he used innocently according to LICM but knowingly according to TBWKTM- none of these matter (though I found the French chateau deeply irritating). Make believe is more fun than RL a lot of the time- go for it, especially if what you're saying is so preposterous that it won't be believed. But to me, saying you're interested in women when you're not, just to hang onto your female fans, is a completely different thing. And not in a good way.

I've believed (deluded myself?) for some time that though 90% of what he says is untrue, he is a basically truthful person. So I kind of am clinging desperately to "might still be bisexual"- but not for the reason you assumed.

hhmm I've been noticing something strange in the way how Mika is singing :blink: He's rising his shoulders for breathing while he's singing :blink: this may be not important for a lot of people, but really it's a terrible mistake for singers :blink: I mean, every vocal teacher starts with teaching how to breath [i know this cuz I've take vocal lesons twice] and rising your shoulders is the wrong way of breathing :blink:

Nobody has pointed this before tho, I'm starting to think that he has always breath like this :blink:

Hmmmmm. Kind of ties in with dancing on the piano rather than playing it.

I've read Sariflor Silver and Nectar's gig reviews- are there any more performance reports? Posted or coming?

:clap: I also said i thought he was in love with a woman. It's just that my friends and I spend a lot of hours talking about how the "new" Mika doesn't looks so gay as the "old" Mika :aah:

I may be in denial but I also think he's talking about his current relationship. It's definitivaly a huge step for Mika, and I'm happy for him :mikalove: but come on! try to understand us! and by us I mean all those young fangirls who has fantasized [at least once] with beeing Mika's girlfriend. Now we know he has a boyfriend, it will take us some time to forget out fantasy :wink2: Meanwhile... Mika can still be bi :teehee::aah:

[----- end of the sexual orientation part----]

Yup!!! OHHHH I haven't noticed that Mika rises his shoulders when he sings!!! My god, I didn't see it:doh:

Moving into another topic, I saw on twitter that Mika is going to be one of the multiple guests to discuss the Olympic ceremony!! Here the tweet:

We'll be live during the Olympic Ceremony to discuss what it says about Britain. With guests including @gracedent @mikasounds and @PennyRed

Tweet from the BBC

For me the Heaven gig was – well, a little bit of heaven, a little bit of hell.

Once again, the lighting looked great. Love the flags stage set – so simple, and being neutral coloured, the lighting could transform the streamers into different colours - looked beautiful. Probably because of the nature of the venue, I did feel Mika seemed particularly comfortable, at home and relaxed. There was a really good buzz in the crowd just before he came on, and when he kicked off with BG, followed by Relax, BIOTG, BB etc., it was sounding and looking great, and he was definitely enjoying himself and on form.

I’m afraid I still can’t really see what advantage the new band has over the previous band, except possibly less personality, and therefore Mika’s ensured he’s the only star of the show? I’m not keen on the new arrangements of SITM (which has lost it’s swing) or Rain (the previous live version used to bring the house down and this version misses something), and on several songs it seemed the band was too high up in the mix and the sound went muddy and distorted. Also I don’t want to see him dance on the piano, I want to see him play the damn thing.

But it was the new songs (sorry Mika) that was my hell. Lola I find repetitive and dull. TOOL the same. MYH does nothing for me. And Celebrate – well on the eve of the Olympic Games all I could think of was that it would have been totally suitable as a theme song for that, but as it’s not going to be, it’s pointless and disposable pap. On the plus side, I do quite like Underwater.

I don’t think the new material will do badly, probably the opposite, but somehow I just don’t personally feel inspired by it. On a personal level – as someone who embraced Mika from the word go and thought he was the most talented and unique artist to emerge in a decade, I feel he’s lost his grip on what he’s best at – MELODIES.

I don’t like the electronic stuff creeping in, I think autotune should be reserved for people who can’t sing – like Jedward, and as far as I’m concerned rap is simply spelt wrong (missing the “c” at the beginning). I fear that as more of the new material replaces the old, I won’t want to listen to it, or even want to go to the shows in future. And before everyone argues back – it’s only my opinion, and I have no objection to “change” per se, it’s just I feel it’s change for the poorer. As I have no interest in getting autographs or photos, and couldn’t give a flying f*ck about Mika’s personal life, for me it’s JUST about the music, and sadly I just don't like the new stuff.

BTW, regarding the “coming out” which so many seem to think was a monumental “big moment”, I didn’t even notice it! I thought he was always “out”, at least as bi, if not gay. So, his current love is a man. What was the news?!!!

Ingie's locked me in her bedroom so I can write my review while there's thunder and lightning outside. And yet I'm still finding distractions. Mostly in the form of me looking at the new wallpaper on my phone. (It's totally not a lovely picture of me with Mika.)

Writing a report with a vague structure is actually quite hard. I'm used to just bashing it all out like verbal diarrhoea but that won't really do this time.

And for those complaining about the sound, from where I was (on the balcony) it was ace. Perfect view too. Had a lovely time.

Ingie and I got kicked out like 3 times before our M&G but it was okay, cos we made it in the end. It was lovely. I keep randomly giggling. I haven't had this much post gig joy for a looooooong long time. Not sure whether it was the whiskey or the euporia that had me giggling all the way back on the nightbus, but either way, it was so worth not getting a moment's sleep.

Once again, the lighting looked great. Love the flags stage set – so simple, and being neutral coloured, the lighting could transform the streamers into different colours - looked beautiful. Probably because of the nature of the venue, I did feel Mika seemed particularly comfortable, at home and relaxed. There was a really good buzz in the crowd just before he came on, and when he kicked off with BG, followed by Relax, BIOTG, BB etc., it was sounding and looking great, and he was definitely enjoying himself and on form.

I’m afraid I still can’t really see what advantage the new band has over the previous band, except possibly less personality, and therefore Mika’s ensured he’s the only star of the show? I’m not keen on the new arrangements of SITM (which has lost it’s swing) or Rain (the previous live version used to bring the house down and this version misses something), and on several songs it seemed the band was too high up in the mix and the sound went muddy and distorted. Also I don’t want to see him dance on the piano, I want to see him play the damn thing.

But it was the new songs (sorry Mika) that was my hell. Lola I find repetitive and dull. TOOL the same. MYH does nothing for me. And Celebrate – well on the eve of the Olympic Games all I could think of was that it would have been totally suitable as a theme song for that, but as it’s not going to be, it’s pointless and disposable pap. On the plus side, I do quite like Underwater.

I don’t think the new material will do badly, probably the opposite, but somehow I just don’t personally feel inspired by it. On a personal level – as someone who embraced Mika from the word go and thought he was the most talented and unique artist to emerge in a decade, I feel he’s lost his grip on what he’s best at – MELODIES.

I don’t like the electronic stuff creeping in, I think autotune should be reserved for people who can’t sing – like Jedward, and as far as I’m concerned rap is simply spelt wrong (missing the “c” at the beginning). I fear that as more of the new material replaces the old, I won’t want to listen to it, or even want to go to the shows in future. And before everyone argues back – it’s only my opinion, and I have no objection to “change” per se, it’s just I feel it’s change for the poorer. As I have no interest in getting autographs or photos, and couldn’t give a flying f*ck about Mika’s personal life, for me it’s JUST about the music, and sadly I just don't like the new stuff.

BTW, regarding the “coming out” which so many seem to think was a monumental “big moment”, I didn’t even notice it! I thought he was always “out”, at least as bi, if not gay. So, his current love is a man. What was the news?!!!

Me neither. It was a real shock for me when I heard about this: Mika's live performances aren't the same without the old band, especially Martin and Cherisse. They were touring together for nearly 6 years, so this is hardly surprising. I don't really care about mika's private life either. If I did, I wouldn't be a proper fan: since 2007, the most he has revealed is the gender of his partner (yesterday!). I prefer to concentrate on his music and awesome personality!:mikacool:

If mika literally stood on a platform and announced to the world "I'M GAY!" the really boring questions about his love life would probably stop ( how long will it take them to realise he will reveal nothing?!). But, like you said, he hasn't done this. He might just feel more comfortable with his private life a little less private, so it's not some massive secret though.

Edited by Ellenowl

It was a gay club, not an auditorium. I'm not sure what else you could reasonably expect in a situation like that.

It wasn't a predominantly gay audience though - mostly young girls, and a lot of the men were anxious fathers :naughty:

Oh, yes, obviously.. same way I can in ten years fall in love with a woman!!But if he already stated he was with a man for 5 years, and now, he states he is with a man... oh well, let´s say it´s pretty much a big step from someone who NEVER EVER BEFORE used the word "man" to refer to his lovers. He was clearly nervous when he stated it and the way he said "EVEN if he´s a man" makes clear he wanted to point it out. He can be whatever he wants (as long as he is not with kids, it´s ok with me) but moslty of the people defending "he still can be bisexual" are in denial...

What bothers me in this discussion is that some of you are implying that people who still think that he is bisexual are silly fangirls or in denial. To think that he is bisexual doesn't mean that you can't see what a big step it was for him or not to be absolutely happy for him. And it doesn't mean that you want him rather with a woman than with a man.

We don't know anything about his relationships in the past or whom he founds attractive. So as long as he doesn't tell us otherwise I won't put him in the "gay box" because he is in a relationship with a man. Same as I wouldn't have put him in the "straight box" if the special person would have been a women. Because both are characteristics for being bisexual and about that we have a statement from him.

May I'm a little bit sensible here, because I'm bisexual myself and every time I come out I had to clarify that by saying that I mean it. It kind of annoys me that you get the "she truly is a lesbian, she just doesn't want to say it" all the time or you must assume that the person is silently thinking that.

I'm really happy that Mika took the step yesterday and opened himself up. To tell people that you are in love with a person of the same gender is a big step, regardless of whether you are gay or bisexual. And it ends the vague "could"-statements from the past. Now we know for sure that he falls for men. I just wanted to point out that we shouldn't label him as gay as long as he doesn't do it himself.

I am really confused about this "water" thing in Underwater. Another Brit said that to me too. It sounds normal to me, especially for his accent :dunno:

If he sang with an American accent it would be "wah-der". Anyone whose British accent is extremely obvious is not singing properly IMO so I guess I just don't hear this "mispronunciation".

I have a much bigger problem with "origin" being pronounced "awr-gin". :naughty:

The 't' is pronounced the way Brits do. What's weird is the way the 'a' is said. Do other MFCers agree with me?

I think that he needs to start pronouncing it the Essex way "wa-ah" and then there will be no more confusions :lmfao:

I loved the gig, I really really did, but I must agree with you on a couple of points. I totally agree with what you said re the band. I don't care if he has one band or another, but I really don't see why he needed these people instead of the old ones :dunno: I can't see the advantage , other than the fact that now he has a piano player who plays the sax and other bits :doh:

In any case, I don't understand the need for change. Ah , and I know that people totally rave about the new singer Joy, and no offence to her, but she does nothing to me at all. I much prefered Imma in every way, and this chick is not cutting it.

The piano dancing and killing the band is also an annoyance, as are the balloons and all that jazz......

Other than that, I totally disagree with you on the songs and performance, it rocked! :naughty:

I loved the gig, I really really did, but I must agree with you on a couple of points. I totally agree with what you said re the band. I don't care if he has one band or another, but I really don't see why he needed these people instead of the old ones :dunno: I can't see the advantage , other than the fact that now he has a piano player who plays the sax and other bits :doh:

In any case, I don't understand the need for change. Ah , and I know that people totally rave about the new singer Joy, and no offence to her, but she does nothing to me at all. I much prefered Imma in every way, and this chick is not cutting it.

The piano dancing and killing the band is also an annoyance, as are the balloons and all that jazz......

Other than that, I totally disagree with you on the songs and performance, it rocked! :naughty:

Oh, I don't think I criticised the performance - I said he was on form! It's only the new SONGS that are so disappointing for me!

Oh, I don't think I criticised the performance - I said he was on form! It's only the new SONGS that are so disappointing for me!

Ok, sorry, that is what I meant but I'm really tired so probably picked the wrong wording, etc...I like the new ones a lot :teehee:. Most of them, anyway.

What bothers me in this discussion is that some of you are implying that people who still think that he is bisexual are silly fangirls or in denial. To think that he is bisexual doesn't mean that you can't see what a big step it was for him or not to be absolutely happy for him. And it doesn't mean that you want him rather with a woman than with a man.

We don't know anything about his relationships in the past or whom he founds attractive. So as long as he doesn't tell us otherwise I won't put him in the "gay box" because he is in a relationship with a man. Same as I wouldn't have put him in the "straight box" if the special person would have been a women. Because both are characteristics for being bisexual and about that we have a statement from him.

May I'm a little bit sensible here, because I'm bisexual myself and every time I come out I had to clarify that by saying that I mean it. It kind of annoys me that you get the "she truly is a lesbian, she just doesn't want to say it" all the time or you must assume that the person is silently thinking that.

I'm really happy that Mika took the step yesterday and opened himself up. To tell people that you are in love with a person of the same gender is a big step, regardless of whether you are gay or bisexual. And it ends the vague "could"-statements from the past. Now we know for sure that he falls for men. I just wanted to point out that we shouldn't label him as gay as long as he doesn't do it himself.

very well said :thumb_yello: