Mika is really sick - now

EnFa

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many types of pneumonia. Bacterial and viral. My son had pneumonia twice in 3 months, both times bacterial, one took 4 days for the meds to work, the other took much longer. They were different bacteria.

We don't know enough about Mika and his health history to know how worried to be. But we will all be glad when he has had enough time off to recover and gets back up there on stage to beat those garbage cans with his shirt off.:naughty:

And yes, pneumonia can be really serious. But you can also die of an infected toenail, so we can't catastrophise. We just hope for the best, and send lots of positive energy to Mika.:wub2:

Well if it is pneumonia then it'll take at least a week or 2 to recover. :blink:

Ugh! I had pnemonia (sp?) It was in both my lungs! I couldn't even stand!

I really hope he gets better. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to recover!

Feel better Mika!

I had pneumonia last year, took me 4 weeks to recover... then when I did recover i got worse again...

*sending lots of positve vibes to Mika*

GET WELL SOON MIKA!!!

everybodies personal pneumonia (did i spell that right??) stories are just making mikas pneumonia sound scarier, well i do wish him well and i hope he does get better so he can be colorful and happy :)

Ah, poor Mika. With his exhausting schedule, it was inevitable something like this would happen. :-(

Like everyone else, I just he gets some much needed rest and enjoy some quiet time to himself.

(Blue Sky- Thanks for letting us know about this.)

Oh, yeah, me too - and sulfa, tetracyclin and keflex - 4 of the "big guns"....

I'm really toast when I get sick - because of my immune system deficiency and allergies I usually end up with secondary infections... I have been know to harbour bugs for YEARS - undetected! That doesn't really help an already compromised immune system!

Oh, I could write at least 6 books....

Wow, I take a day off from MFC and it seems like drama's exploded in the meanwhile...

Now I feel rather guilty for being so cynical initially about the Reading gig and Nibe's cancellation (and also about the joking about him "running away" after shows!). I guess Kata's right and we should wait till the weekend to really see, but I do think pneumonia is too serious an issue to lie about. Not only would that be quite low, but it would also be unbelievably stupid, since it would be proven false if he made an unexpectedly quick recovery, and would garner him tons of bad press and ill will. If it's just that he's exhausted and feels unable to fill his contractual obligations, I should think (or hope, even!) they'd be able to come up with a less problematic story.

I should also say that I'm inclined to believe about the pneumonia, because it makes sense to me that his chest infection could develop into it since he never did take the time to properly recover. And I have other personal reasons to believe it as well. As for the secret gig, here's my possible explanation--when they said he "lost his voice," maybe they didn't mean to the point of being unable to speak completely, but just that he had a very sore throat and was hoarse and was feeling like crap, and didn't feel up to going to Denmark, but he felt better in the evening and decided to carry through with Reading since it was local and small and he thought he could handle it. But then pushing himself to do even that show just made it worse and his condition escalated into pneumonia. Because even if we were being cynical, it was always weird that he'd cancel Nibe for Reading, since in this case, Reading was the far less commercial show, and could probably have been rescheduled.

--Jack

Oh pneumonia can be very debilitating :boxed:

I hope it has been discovered in time to recover soon...poor boy :(

(I agree with Jack...it would be stupid to mention pneumonia just to cancel a few of festivals...I mean...fans are not stupid, we would notice the unbelivably rapid recovery)

Oy! Poor Mika.

If he really does have pneumonia, I hope it's not a particularly serious case and that he's young and vibrant enough to shake it off reasonably soon. (Someone on here mentioned "walking pneumonia" - Maybe when it was announced that he had pneumonia, maybe they meant that? You can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_pneumonia) However, I also hope that it helps him to realize the need to make his health a priority as much as possible.

If it's some sort of excuse concocted by his people, I really wonder how they'll spin his "miraculous" recovery for other gigs coming up really soon. I guess time will tell...

Wow, I take a day off from MFC and it seems like drama's exploded in the meanwhile...

Now I feel rather guilty for being so cynical initially about the Reading gig and Nibe's cancellation (and also about the joking about him "running away" after shows!). I guess Kata's right and we should wait till the weekend to really see, but I do think pneumonia is too serious an issue to lie about. Not only would that be quite low, but it would also be unbelievably stupid, since it would be proven false if he made an unexpectedly quick recovery, and would garner him tons of bad press and ill will. If it's just that he's exhausted and feels unable to fill his contractual obligations, I should think (or hope, even!) they'd be able to come up with a less problematic story.

I should also say that I'm inclined to believe about the pneumonia, because it makes sense to me that his chest infection could develop into it since he never did take the time to properly recover. And I have other personal reasons to believe it as well. As for the secret gig, here's my possible explanation--when they said he "lost his voice," maybe they didn't mean to the point of being unable to speak completely, but just that he had a very sore throat and was hoarse and was feeling like crap, and didn't feel up to going to Denmark, but he felt better in the evening and decided to carry through with Reading since it was local and small and he thought he could handle it. But then pushing himself to do even that show just made it worse and his condition escalated into pneumonia. Because even if we were being cynical, it was always weird that he'd cancel Nibe for Reading, since in this case, Reading was the far less commercial show, and could probably have been rescheduled.

--Jack

But if he was really ill, I don't understand why they say to him to do the secret gig!

If it's really true that now he's got a pneumonia, few days ago people around him would see it. He must have been exhausted. I don't understand why they didn't cancell all so I'm a little suspicious about that. Pneumonia is a quite serious disease

I'm waiting for an explanation. I'm not too worry about him (I am too trustful in him), I don't feel guilty for the things I wrote (because that don't explain the cancellation for Werchter and WOW festival), I'm not angry, I'm waiting like you! :wink2:

--Jack

I for one still don't buy the lost his voice excuse, for one the secret gig was pre-planned, it wasn't something that they decided to have just because he cancelled Nibes.... i really believe that it's management error, there's a huge possibility that they've double booked him... i'm feeling less angry today, but his management has got to sort it out... and Mika's got to know his limits and not to drive himself to the hospital...

He wasn't double-booked : he cancelled Nibe then had the secret gig in the evening. But he was supposed to be at Nibe the day after. It could have been done. It's not like it would have been the first time he has 2 gigs one day after another :wink2:

And for those who think i'm heartless and sarcastic beyond measures : i do think he's exhausted and he needs to rest. What i do not accept is that his management think we're all too stupid to realize that something is going wrong and that they're fooling us.

He wasn't double-booked : he cancelled Nibe then had the secret gig in the evening. But he was supposed to be at Nibe the day after. It could have been done. It's not like it would have been the first time he has 2 gigs one day after another :wink2:

And for those who think i'm heartless and sarcastic beyond measures : i do think he's exhausted and he needs to rest. What i do not accept is that his management think we're all too stupid to realize that something is going wrong and that they're fooling us.

Actually, if this pneumonia story is all made up it is not only us who are supposed to be fooled but Mika, too, because I can't believe that something like that is very conductive for his reputation and thus in the end of the day they fool themselves. :mf_rosetinted:

You know what ? With good antibiotics (and some vitamin C), he would be able to perform (not like at the Olympia, but still quite enough) 48 hours after the beginning, even if it's a pneumonia... So they would get it all.

Now that is contradictory, Yop, didn't you say before that you don't believe he has pneumonia until further gigs are cancelled? :biggrin2:

If they were logical and not pushing him ! When i say vitamin C, it would be the dose for a horse, but it WOULD be possible if they really want him to perform Oxegen and T in the Park...

If they're reasonable and get the signs of exhaustion, they will cancel them... Pneumonia or not. Within the excuse of pneumonia.

But if he was really ill, I don't understand why they say to him to do the secret gig!

Because they thought it wouldn't strain him as much as traveling and a festival, and they didn't want him to cancel two shows in a row? You know, like, "well, if you say you can't do the big show, then at least do the small easy one." Or maybe that was even his idea. But then it just made him a lot more sick and backfired on them?

I mean, yes, UK is a bigger market than Denmark, but people said before that it was really a relatively small radio show, so if was entirely a matter of logistics, why wouldn't they cancel the small radio show and go to the big festival?

Even if it's "just" exhaustion and not pneumonia, it would still work the same way: he was too tired to go to Nibe but decided he could make the Reading gig, but then that tired him out again so he had to cancel Roskilde.

And if he's not sick with pneumonia but sick with exhaustion, why not just say that? It's a valid medical excuse, honestly.

But I guess the point is, you're right, and we really should wait and see. We really have no solid information. Not much else to do.

--Jack

You know what ? With good antibiotics (and some vitamin C), he would be able to perform (not like at the Olympia, but still quite enough) 48 hours after the beginning, even if it's a pneumonia... So they would get it all.

That would be SO completely irresponsible though - and then I can already predict a few other shows that WILL be cancelled..hey you know what, I think that'll happen :fisch:

I think we should realise how little we really now about Mikas decisions to cancel shows and how sick he is.

You can have Pneumonia for severel weeks before it breaks out and gets you tired and have you easy get out of breath.

What I mean is, he can have felt that something is wrong with his health for a time, but treid to carry on, to not make his fans disappointed.

It kind of sneaks upon you.

I hope he gets well soon and can carry on with his wonderful performances.

Now that is contradictory, Yop, didn't you say before that you don't believe he has pneumonia until further gigs are cancelled? :biggrin2:

I think she means that hypothetically, it would be possible for him to perform after a 2-day rest even if he did have pneumonia, so if it's a lie, they could continue to stick with it as their official excuse.

I don't know. I do know something's rotten in the state of Denmark, so to speak... and I hope hope hope it gets resolved soon, before the prince goes mad. (Too many metaphors?)

--Jack

I think she means that hypothetically, it would be possible for him to perform after a 2-day rest even if he did have pneumonia, so if it's a lie, they could continue to stick with it as their official excuse.

Yeah... That's why i said "would" :blink: :blink: :biggrin2: