2008 - Mika @ Guvernment Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario, 29 Jan REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ItzTwins - BEST PICTURES EVER!!! Thank you!!!!!

Anyone else drooling over the topless one from behind with his luscious curve of his upper hip?

LOL, I know! I was like :thumb_yello: when he took off his shirt haha, there are more like that in my flickr account too.

Thanks, I'm glad you guys like them! They were taken with a Sony DSC-H7 (no flash).

I love them thanks! I hope that my camera can at least come out with something haha. I tend to find that if I don't use flash my pictures come out blurry, unlike yours!

DSC02217.jpg

though he looked sleepy but OMG my heartbeat likes this --> :woot_jump:

u are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and my connection at office is sooooooooooo slow >_<!!!!!!!

i only can see photos from photobucket

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I love them thanks! I hope that my camera can at least come out with something haha. I tend to find that if I don't use flash my pictures come out blurry, unlike yours!

Try and use the 'sports' or 'action' mode... I just found which setting works the best by playing around with it for a while.

Try and use the 'sports' or 'action' mode... I just found which setting works the best by playing around with it for a while.

Sports mode is what I'm going to try. I never thought about it at the last gig. It would have helped because he jumps around so darn fast! Won't try the night setting again, that's a no no. :naughty:

The condensed version...

Crazy, crazy awesome gig. The one I have been waiting almost a year for and was disappointed I didn't get in Brixton because Mika was so sick.

We had a good day in the queue. Suzy and her hubby (ClosetMikaFan) arrived first and set up camping chairs for me and Sariflor to arrive not long after and Lana86 came just after us. The weather was above freezing all day so we just took turns going into a local supermarket to eat, get warmed up, etc. so we didn't suffer too much from the Canadian winter elements.

By mid-afternoon a tour bus pulled up to the front door of the venue with the band and everyone waved and said hi before going inside. Luke came over and had a little chat with Suzy because he's so sweet. :wub2:

Awhile later a van arrived with John, Mika's mom, Yasmine, Andy and of course Mika. He didn't come over to talk but gave a wave and some smiles before going inside.

Andy came out shortly after to do some filming and said that Mika was convinced that we had been camping out all night (probably because of the chairs). :naughty: He talked to Sariflor about coming from England and later said it was strange for him to see familiar faces here.

We had some last minute queue jumping drama but managed to survive it with the help of the head of security. He knew we had been there from the morning and overrode the supposed instructions of the owner to let in some chancers who thought they could show up at 6 pm and get to the front of the queue. He made sure we went in ahead of everyone else so we were front and centre. :thumb_yello:

The crowd was totally hyper and crazy. There was a lot of pushing and shoving which I managed to be fairly protected from because the poor MFCers behind me were bearing the brunt. We called security over but they didn't want a know, saying it was a concert and everyone just had to suck it up.

The opening band Creature was pretty entertaining and the hyper crowd worked in their favour. They said that Mika audiences were the best. One of the girls in the band was named Cow Bella which cracked me up. She was banging on a cow bell and running around in cowboy boots and a Holstein cow type printed shirt. She had a bit of a Yelle thing going on with her moves.

The condensed version...

Crazy, crazy awesome gig. The one I have been waiting almost a year for and was disappointed I didn't get in Brixton because Mika was so sick.

We had a good day in the queue. Suzy and her hubby (ClosetMikaFan) arrived first and set up camping chairs for me and Sariflor to arrive not long after and Lana86 came just after us. The weather was above freezing all day so we just took turns going into a local supermarket to eat, get warmed up, etc. so we didn't suffer too much from the Canadian winter elements.

By mid-afternoon a tour bus pulled up to the front door of the venue with the band and everyone waved and said hi before going inside. Luke came over and had a little chat with Suzy because he's so sweet. :wub2:

Awhile later a van arrived with John, Mika's mom, Yasmine, Andy and of course Mika. He didn't come over to talk but gave a wave and some smiles before going inside.

Andy came out shortly after to do some filming and said that Mika was convinced that we had been camping out all night (probably because of the chairs). :naughty: He talked to Sariflor about coming from England and later said it was strange for him to see familiar faces here.

We had some last minute queue jumping drama but managed to survive it with the help of the head of security. He knew we had been there from the morning and overrode the supposed instructions of the owner to let in some chancers who thought they could show up at 6 pm and get to the front of the queue. He made sure we went in ahead of everyone else so we were front and centre. :thumb_yello:

The crowd was totally hyper and crazy. There was a lot of pushing and shoving which I managed to be fairly protected from because the poor MFCers behind me were bearing the brunt. We called security over but they didn't want a know, saying it was a concert and everyone just had to suck it up.

The opening band Creature was pretty entertaining and the hyper crowd worked in their favour. They said that Mika audiences were the best. One of the girls in the band was named Cow Bella which cracked me up. She was banging on a cow bell and running around in cowboy boots and a Holstein cow type printed shirt. She had a bit of a Yelle thing going on with her moves.

argh dont like pushing! i hope in LA and SF it will b ok cause the last concert in brixton was :thumbdown: really bugged me!

Be still my beating heart! :mf_lustslow:

My heavens, he's so damn beautiful. Wow. As a present to the MFC, I vote we comission a sculptor to sculpt him for us. We can erect it in Freddiesdouble's front yard, and make annual pilgrimages to visit it.

*goes to bed in a Mika-filled delirium*

Because I'm nearly 36 and married and can't act like a fan girl and put pics of Mika up on my bedroom wall, I proposed (way back in november in the Aussie thread) that I get a bust made of Mika that I could have in my lounge room as art. Then I could gaze as much as I liked and no-one could say a word about it. Strangely enough there were no sculptors on the thread willing to put up their hand for this project...

Big M

The crew taped a setlist to the floor and when they noticed our overinterest, they taped a blank page over it so we could no longer see it. :thumbdown:

It was the usual opening with Dolly Parton, Saranayde in angel wings, etc.

With the opening bars of Relax - not only was it as exciting as the first time, but it was even more of a thrill when Mika came bounding towards the front of the stage on the first "Relax" because he was barely 2 feet in front of us.

His voice was incredible and he looked like he was having a great time and was loving the audience reaction. The stage was small and the catwalk where he spent most of his time was tiny. We got tons of eye contact (Sariflor has a lot of it on video).

Even though I had a great spot for taking pics I didn't want to bother most of the time because it's more important to be in the moment with him, especially when he's trying to interact all the time.

I head something about Sexy Back and When Doves Cry in Montreal yesterday but there was none of that. Just Missionary Man. Although Saranayde stripped off her skirt too. :shocked:

You heard about the hiccuping which was hilarious. The entire band stopped at precisely that moment, as if on cue. I guess Mika has them well trained. :naughty:

Love Today unfortunately was quite a disaster as he seemed to get some painful feedback in his earpiece and then his microphone kept cutting out for ridiculously long periods of time. Eventually the drumming bits came up to save us all from this technical problem that no one seemed to be able to sort out.

The lollipop girls didn't have much room to move around on this stage, but they were great. I was sure I had seen Relax on the end of the setlist (they never did take the blank coversheet off so Mika hadn't been able to read it onstage!)

Andy had told us before the gig that he thought there was a good chance that Mika would come out after to greet fans. We met up with Zoots outside the van that Mika had arrived in and security told us he had a sore throat and was tired and that wouldn't pose for pics or sign autographs but he wanted to thank everyone.

He came out and although he was tired, he didn't appear sick and seemed in good spirits. He answered a few questions, accepted a few gifts and wanted to know WTF the truck outside the venue was doing. They have mobile CD shops that show up at concerts and blast music, usually related to the artist playing the gig. There was a huge poster of Mika on the outside, along with a Spice Girls poster (probably because they had used it at the Spice Girls gig too). Someone told him they were there to play his and the Spice Girls' music without mentioning that CDs were being sold, so he seemed to think this was all very odd.

After Mika and his family left, we waited for the band because Suzy and her hubby had brought Luke a gift. Andy told us before the gig that it was Mikey's birthday so we went and bought him a toy shaving kit. :naughty: Luke and Mikey were both very sweet and talked with us for a bit and posed for pics.

I know with Mika's history anything could be going on, but I wouldn't draw any conclusions about him having a sore throat just yet. I think more than anything he was just tired and his voice was strained from singing rather than being ill. He gave an incredible performance and with Happy Ending in particular I couldn't believe how he was going completely all-out.

Hopefully a day of rest will see him good in Philly, but if he's got 5 gigs in 6 days (as I believe was what Deb was saying the other day), he is going to be pretty drained at the end of that.

I am glad we got him at the well rested end of this tour, because man it was f*cking amazing.

Yeah he finished with Lollipop. Lollipop Girls, Big Girls, balloons, confetti canons, animal costumes. The usual deal.

They had a couple of new costumes and before the gig we saw someone get in a cab in the afternoon and leave the venue with a costume in a bag from Malabar. Malabar is the costume shop that Mika rented from the first time he used costumes during Lollipop, which happened at the last Toronto show.

The condensed version...

Big M

The crew taped a setlist to the floor and when they noticed our overinterest, they taped a blank page over it so we could no longer see it. :thumbdown:

It was the usual opening with Dolly Parton, Saranayde in angel wings, etc.

With the opening bars of Relax - not only was it as exciting as the first time, but it was even more of a thrill when Mika came bounding towards the front of the stage on the first "Relax" because he was barely 2 feet in front of us.

His voice was incredible and he looked like he was having a great time and was loving the audience reaction. The stage was small and the catwalk where he spent most of his time was tiny. We got tons of eye contact (Sariflor has a lot of it on video).

Even though I had a great spot for taking pics I didn't want to bother most of the time because it's more important to be in the moment with him, especially when he's trying to interact all the time.

I head something about Sexy Back and When Doves Cry in Montreal yesterday but there was none of that. Just Missionary Man. Although Saranayde stripped off her skirt too. :shocked:

You heard about the hiccuping which was hilarious. The entire band stopped at precisely that moment, as if on cue. I guess Mika has them well trained. :naughty:

Love Today unfortunately was quite a disaster as he seemed to get some painful feedback in his earpiece and then his microphone kept cutting out for ridiculously long periods of time. Eventually the drumming bits came up to save us all from this technical problem that no one seemed to be able to sort out.

The lollipop girls didn't have much room to move around on this stage, but they were great. I was sure I had seen Relax on the end of the setlist (they never did take the blank coversheet off so Mika hadn't been able to read it onstage!)

Andy had told us before the gig that he thought there was a good chance that Mika would come out after to greet fans. We met up with Zoots outside the van that Mika had arrived in and security told us he had a sore throat and was tired and that wouldn't pose for pics or sign autographs but he wanted to thank everyone.

He came out and although he was tired, he didn't appear sick and seemed in good spirits. He answered a few questions, accepted a few gifts and wanted to know WTF the truck outside the venue was doing. They have mobile CD shops that show up at concerts and blast music, usually related to the artist playing the gig. There was a huge poster of Mika on the outside, along with a Spice Girls poster (probably because they had used it at the Spice Girls gig too). Someone told him they were there to play his and the Spice Girls' music without mentioning that CDs were being sold, so he seemed to think this was all very odd.

After Mika and his family left, we waited for the band because Suzy and her hubby had brought Luke a gift. Andy told us before the gig that it was Mikey's birthday so we went and bought him a toy shaving kit. :naughty: Luke and Mikey were both very sweet and talked with us for a bit and posed for pics.

I know with Mika's history anything could be going on, but I wouldn't draw any conclusions about him having a sore throat just yet. I think more than anything he was just tired and his voice was strained from singing rather than being ill. He gave an incredible performance and with Happy Ending in particular I couldn't believe how he was going completely all-out.

Hopefully a day of rest will see him good in Philly, but if he's got 5 gigs in 6 days (as I believe was what Deb was saying the other day), he is going to be pretty drained at the end of that.

I am glad we got him at the well rested end of this tour, because man it was f*cking amazing.

Love the report. Can I say once again and not have it come across as tooo repetitive how JEALOUS I am of you Christine!! Anyway, glad you all had a great time and sounds like it was a really good gig. The stage does look tiny compared with the pics from last night and I'm glad they're mixing it up a little bit with the covers.

Oh just remembered. Someone asked him to come to London, Ontario and he said that after the next album comes out he is planning to do a proper tour of Canada!

But he's planning to do a proper tour of a lot of places and they don't always happen...:sad:

...because man it was f*cking amazing.

And I am so glad to hear you guys had an amazing time! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for your report Christine, I really enjoyed reading it! Great that you managed to speak to Luke and Mikey! So it was Mikey's birthday... Good to know! :naughty:

Wish Sariflor a safe trip back to England! :thumb_yello:

2230385258_0caa410648_o.jpg

2230385368_532c274e25_o.jpg

THANK YOU MIKA you took him!!

I didn't know if DRUNKY CROW would make it to Canada without a passport! :roftl:

Soooooo pleased I bought you that now!....Wonder if he makes it back to the UK with you or will he be hitting the bottle too much in the land of bears!

Lollipops you look adorable AGAIN!! Well done! :thumb_yello:

Ooooo.... excited for London now!

xxx

But he's planning to do a proper tour of a lot of places and they don't always happen...:sad:

Yeah they do always happen. They just don't happen as soon as you'd hoped sometimes. :wink2:

There was a tentative US tour set for September 07 and he's just playing his first US date on Thursday.

We never knew when he was coming back to Canada and it's just happened now after 10 months of waiting.

This actually is the first indication I've ever heard of him doing a proper Canadian anything. We were totally excluded from his US tour last June and didn't know if we were going to be included in the next one until the Montreal date was leaked just a week or two ahead of the official announcement of all 3 Canadian dates.

So it was Mikey's birthday... Good to know! :naughty:

Yeah he was really surprised and wanted to know how we found out. Thought he'd done a good job of covering it up. I asked him if he had his birthdate on his MySpace and he said it wasn't so that no one would know what it was. Mika actually announced it on stage but I guess Mikey knew we had to have heard about it before in order to have a gift waiting for him.

I told him we'd be spreading the word. :naughty:

Which reminds me of something Andy said about the fans...he likens us to the FBI. Ha!

Oh, he has a nice singing companion there on the keyboard...:blush-anim-cl:

2230385258_0caa410648_o.jpg

2230385368_532c274e25_o.jpg

THANK YOU MIKA you took him!!

I didn't know if DRUNKY CROW would make it to Canada without a passport! :roftl:

Soooooo pleased I bought you that now!....Wonder if he makes it back to the UK with you or will he be hitting the bottle too much in the land of bears!

Lollipops you look adorable AGAIN!! Well done! :thumb_yello:

Ooooo.... excited for London now!

xxx

You know the little singing bird?