2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ The Hammersmith Apollo - London (25 Feb)

Niki27

meet and greet was a shambles.

I went over to the right side and ended up speaking to Aurelian (spelling?) and these two guys who I have convinced to sign up on here :biggrin2: (it didnt take long lol)

we were waiting for ages but we saw saranayde. one of the guys told her that was was stunning lol and that he really liked her performance. she was really grateful and said it was nice to finally be home!

Saw John again (when i first saw him at the beginning i thought he was rude as well, coz me and vix said hi and merely grunted!) and told everyone to queue up on our side. he said we werent allowed to have pix or autographs which i was gutted at, cos like, i've been a fan of Mika's for well over a year and SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD THE PRIVILEGE TO MEET HIM. I havent - i barely have the time and transportation to go Concert Hopping, AND I won his feckin MySpace comp, but i thought "so long as i can get to talk to him, possibly even a hug, then thats great!!!"

then this van came round with Mika and Andy in. I think Andy was filming Mika but Mika had his back to us. Mika got out on the other side so we went to see him but kept getting told to get back! everyone was pushing and shoving and i barely saw a glimpse. couldnt get a picture, couldnt even say hello.

next part coming up...

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mika also said that afrter the thursday performance, he'll be recording the second album :woot_jump:

how exciting?!?!? i dont know if he said HJ would be there, but he said HMDYLM would be. a lot of audience interaction there too! web were "doo doo doo doo doo-ing" all the way till the end!

SiTM was AMAZING. The extended version is like WOW. A lot of interaction there, too. Mika sang a "zap zap baba do baba" to the audience and we had to copy lol, and Mika kept shaking his hand as if to say "yeah - so-so. Not that great!" but then at the end Mika was pleased with the response and ended up bowing to us lol

Mika was also grateful that we turned up after the postponement, he said "we're finally here at last!"

any other world and happy ending was AMAAAAAAAAAZING. They had violinists and cello's and everything. It just sounded so good. i got a bit of AOW on my phone.

what part am i on now? :roftl:

That just made my heart skip a beat! I cannot wait until the new record.

I went over to the right side and ended up speaking to Aurelian (spelling?) and these two guys who I have convinced to sign up on here :biggrin2: (it didnt take long lol)

we were waiting for ages but we saw saranayde. one of the guys told her that was was stunning lol and that he really liked her performance. she was really grateful and said it was nice to finally be home!

Saw John again (when i first saw him at the beginning i thought he was rude as well, coz me and vix said hi and merely grunted!) and told everyone to queue up on our side. he said we werent allowed to have pix or autographs which i was gutted at, cos like, i've been a fan of Mika's for well over a year and SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD THE PRIVILEGE TO MEET HIM. I havent - i barely have the time and transportation to go Concert Hopping, AND I won his feckin MySpace comp, but i thought "so long as i can get to talk to him, possibly even a hug, then thats great!!!"

then this van came round with Mika and Andy in. I think Andy was filming Mika but Mika had his back to us. Mika got out on the other side so we went to see him but kept getting told to get back! everyone was pushing and shoving and i barely saw a glimpse. couldnt get a picture, couldnt even say hello.

next part coming up...

HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE AFTER THE SHOW??

No. I was never planning to go again...my husband and kids would not be too happy if mommy took yet another trip alone without them...

AWWWW!

I HOPE I GET TO MEET YOU!!! I KNOW THAT FEELING. I HAD THE CHANCE TO GO TO LONDoN BUT MY HUBBY SAID HE WAS NOT READY FOR ME TO TAKE THAT BIG STEP FOR MIKA! :tears:

Had a wonderful time and will post a proper account of our day and a lot more pics tomorrow (or later today actually)....right now our bed is beckoning I'm afraid, but here are a few pics to whet your appetite

hammersmith001.jpg

AHHH! I love your pics!!!! NICE quality!

LadyG, don't be so hard on yourself (your comment about your face reminds me of my daughter - she is also a very pretty girl but can't see it as clearly as others can) - you are lovely!!!:exclamation:

Oh, thank you. Though i'm a teen, it's pretty much my job to be hard on myself:naughty:

Naw, i'm just having an off day, most of the time i'm much more headstrong, my family even makes fun of me for it.:wink2:

so, after waiting for over a year, winning a competition and waiting SEVEN MONTHS for the hammersmith gig to happen, I never met him. Truly, I am gutted. Waited all that time...all those months...patiently...while reading how other people have met him...and i never got that privilege...

anyway so he drove off and i waved, though god knows if he saw me. i saw jemma and we got a pic, and then me and my dad went off home.

all the way home i wanted to cry, because i was so hoping to just speak with him for five seconds. i mean come on, i think i deserve it!

but the moment i got home and started showing my mum pictures and videos, i was in a good mood again. I mean, I had a f*ckin amazing time!! i was going nuts - i was knackered at the end!!!

No doubt i was going through post-Mika-Depression after not meeting him, and I'll probably suffer from it tomorrow. and the next etc.

third time lucky i hope, though god knows when that will be.

Such an INCREDIBLE concert. My dad had a good time too, and loved Missionary Man.

Will post pix and videos tomorrow.

Night all x x x

a good few, i cant even try to guess. it wasnt THAT many (like, 100+) but there was still a fair few.

AT THE PHILADELPHIA SHOW; THERE WERE ALMOST 100 I COULD SAY CLOSE TO 200. BUT WHEN JOHN SAID HE WAS NOT GOING TO TAKE PICS OR SIGN AUTOGRAPHS; SOME PEOPLE LEFT!!!

I DIDN'T GET ANY PICS WITH HIM BUT I GOT TO GIVE HIM MY PRESENT AND EXCHANGE SOME WORDS!!!

MAYBE NEXT TIME, YOU'LL GET TO SPEND ALL THE TIME HE OWES YOU!!!

so, after waiting for over a year, winning a competition and waiting SEVEN MONTHS for the hammersmith gig to happen, I never met him. Truly, I am gutted. Waited all that time...all those months...patiently...while reading how other people have met him...and i never got that privilege...

anyway so he drove off and i waved, though god knows if he saw me. i saw jemma and we got a pic, and then me and my dad went off home.

all the way home i wanted to cry, because i was so hoping to just speak with him for five seconds. i mean come on, i think i deserve it!

but the moment i got home and started showing my mum pictures and videos, i was in a good mood again. I mean, I had a f*ckin amazing time!! i was going nuts - i was knackered at the end!!!

No doubt i was going through post-Mika-Depression after not meeting him, and I'll probably suffer from it tomorrow. and the next etc.

Such an INCREDIBLE concert. My dad had a good time too, and loved Missionary Man.

Night all x x x

Well, we might be official by the third time, so who knows?:wink2:

But I'm glad you had such a great time anyway.

Lovely report, thank you!

a good few, i cant even try to guess. it wasnt THAT many (like, 100+) but there was still a fair few.

are you going to the other shows this week? i'm sorry you didn't get to meet him, but happy you had a great time. ;o)

thank you soooooo much for the report! makes us feel like we are almost there with you all

Night all x x x

Caz, so sorry you didn't get to meet Mika....hopefully next time....

You did a great job with your posts - i was hanging on every word to hear the details of the night. Now I can sleep....Thank you!!! Rest well and sweet dreams...

Thanks soo much for the brilliant report Caz!! :thumb_yello::biggrin2: Sounds like you really had the greatest time! :punk: So happy for you!! (Apart from a few minor things.. in the big picture :wink2: Some people, including me, haven't even been able to attend a gig yet.)

And great news about the second album! :yay:

AWWWW!

I HOPE I GET TO MEET YOU!!! I KNOW THAT FEELING. I HAD THE CHANCE TO GO TO LONDoN BUT MY HUBBY SAID HE WAS NOT READY FOR ME TO TAKE THAT BIG STEP FOR MIKA! :tears:

Oh, and I almost met you too...I was this close to going to NYC...*makes tiny space between thumb and pointy finger*. One day I'd really love to go to NYC and meet you and a bunch of MFCers.

Oh Caz...I'm so sorry, I can only imagine your disappointment... :thumbdown:

next part coming up...

OK, I would have been so mad... It's dissapointing how much things are changing, we all knew that they would but MY GOD, he was supposed to be different. I still believe that he is, it just wasn't a good night for his stressed out team. IT's not the fans fault, they shouldn't have taken it out on all of you.

AND CAZ, I HAD HOPED AND HOPED THAT YOU WOULD MEET HIM AND HAVE YOUR MOMENT...BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT AND HAVE WAITED SOOOO LONG. YOU NEVER MOAN ABOUT IT EITHER, YOU REMAIN HOPEFUL WHICH I FIND VERY ADMIRABLE.

Keep your chin up, and so will I... I'm surprised no one pulled an " DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" :naughty: I definatley would have had a word, with someone...either andy or john himself... It's not about his inability to stay and do autographs and pics... that would have been understood had his people been friendlier about it.

geeeeese Thank God I wasn't there, or my sister... she's the one with the attitude:naughty:

Jules -- thanks for the fabulous photos! :wub2:

Caz, thanks for the report! I'm so sorry you didn't have your

moment with Mika yet... it's very disappointing, I'm sure. :(

dcdeb

Had a wonderful time and will post a proper account of our day and a lot more pics tomorrow (or later today actually)....right now our bed is beckoning I'm afraid, but here are a few pics to whet your appetite

hammersmith001.jpg

hammersmith002.jpg

hammersmith003.jpg

hammersmith004.jpg

hammersmith005.jpg

hammersmith006.jpg

hammersmith007.jpg

PHOTOS ALREADY! THANX!

Mika also said that afrter the thursday performance, he'll be recording the second album

Very exciting, but I actually wish he'd wait at least a few weeks so his voice & bronchitis have time to heal properly... I want the vocals to be top notch! :)

I have to say I'm REALLY suprised there wasn't a very extensive meet & greet, considering this was making up for a cancelled concert. I really thought he'd be out there giving the best/longest meet & greet of the tour.

i am afraid i can't give a nice report. cos it was my colleague's 60 birthday, we had a small party before. when im on my way it's already half past seven. then my friend and her boyfriend stuck on the road from SE1 to W6, when i finally made it to the venue myself i bought a drink and asked the girl with flashing bunny ear about the support act. she was very cute and she said she's no idea at all cheerfully. the scene was vivid around the bar i popped a bit with an asian couple and a big girl auntie with three empty plastic cups. the live bits and bobs i liked a lot were stuck in the middle, any other world and love today. but the best bit was MIKA running with the bad bunny cardboard from one side of the stage to the other while the teddy picnic is already on. those trousers of the animal costumes are always not long enough on him. he was in leo btw.

well, when i finally met my friends, we hughug hihi and byebye, like when i got the tickets together with my friend on ebay for wireless festival, but when i met him, he was already drunk at the bar and kaiser chiefs were playing in the distance.

Night all x x x

Thanks for the report! I am sorry to hear that you were not able to meet him. It sounds like the whole meet and greet afterwards was a mess.

What competition did you win?