How are YOU celebrating?

MBroekhuijsen

I'll carry my latest sewing creation in honor of Mika's birthday!

I destroyed, er, deconstructed a Dodgy Holiday tour shirt, and turned it into a useful tote bag.

mikabagfront.jpg

mikabagback.jpg

It's got a bright, colorful lining and a handy interior pocket made from one of the shirt's sleeves.

mikabaglining.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in Latvia will be big party :punk:

u can read more:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16420

o how fun!

I destroyed, er, deconstructed a Dodgy Holiday tour shirt, and turned it into a useful tote bag.

mikabagfront.jpg

mikabagback.jpg

It's got a bright, colorful lining and a handy interior pocket made from one of the shirt's sleeves.

mikabaglining.jpg

wow that is soo cool!!!!!!!

i think seeing if we can beat the record for most people online would eb a great idea :)

we could alos start a thread called 'mika celebrations' and post pictures ect of our celebrations?

:naughty:

I think we at least need a thread here to wish him a happy birthday.

I'll be at work all day, but I'm pretty sure we'll have a virtual party in his honour in the Oldlings. Not that we need much of an excuse to party :yay:

mikabagfront.jpg

mikabagback.jpg

mikabaglining.jpg

WOW!!!:shocked: How cool is that????? building a handbag is one thing I'd like to learn, but I guess my results will be a total disaster!:naughty:

WOW!!!:shocked: How cool is that????? building a handbag is one thing I'd like to learn, but I guess my results will be a total disaster!:naughty:

Oh no, it's really not that difficult. I did, however, make a practice bag out of a shirt I bought from a thrift store, so I wouldn't ruin one of my favorite shirts on my first try. LOL! I found a tutorial online about how to make flat bottomed tote bags, and I just substituted t shirt material for the outside fabric. I'll look for the link to the tutorial, and post it for you if I find it...

Oh no, it's really not that difficult. I did, however, make a practice bag out of a shirt I bought from a thrift store, so I wouldn't ruin one of my favorite shirts on my first try. LOL! I found a tutorial online about how to make flat bottomed tote bags, and I just substituted t shirt material for the outside fabric. I'll look for the link to the tutorial, and post it for you if I find it...

Oh thank you, it would be great!!! I already have a couple of ideas on what to use..:cheerful_h4h:

mikabagfront.jpg

mikabagback.jpg

mikabaglining.jpg

OMM! so awesome bag!!!! i want to buy it... how much :naughty::mf_lustslow::wub2:

OMM! so awesome bag!!!! i want to buy it... how much :naughty::mf_lustslow::wub2:

To be honest, this has been my most expensive bag to make. I have made other bags from shirts I paid very little for, or fabric I purchased inexpensively, but this T shirt alone was over $35.00 (including shipping costs.) After buying the other materials, it cost me about $50 to make it. Unfortunately, it's not for sale. Maybe one day the shirts will be available at clearance prices, and I'll make more. I'll let you know when that happens! :thumb_yello:

oh i have a story about tomorrow.

well in my country we celebrate not only birthdays but NAMES days too. its like in every day there are few names who are written in calendar (usually 3-6) and when is youre names day, you celebrate it like youre birthday, so everybody has like 2 birthdays. my name is Liene and guess when is mine ? 18 august. im happy about it, but from the other side, my mom wants to invite some guests :thumbdown:

i said NO, NO GUESTS. i will spend my names day here :naughty:

so that kinda sucks cause that is not the thing i want to do, but what can i do ? not to spend day on MFC when its mikas BIRTHDAY ? NO WAY.

i will stick my self to this chair. :D

My sister and I have been planning a party with our friend who hasn't tired of hearing about Mika yet (Yay!!!)! We're going to eat chicken for dinner (:naughty:), decorate cupcakes with pretty jellybeans, have a dance party to LICM, and watch Live in Cartoon Motion! And of course MFC. :wink2:

oh i have a story about tomorrow.

well in my country we celebrate not only birthdays but NAMES days too. its like in every day there are few names who are written in calendar (usually 3-6) and when is youre names day, you celebrate it like youre birthday, so everybody has like 2 birthdays. my name is Liene and guess when is mine ? 18 august. im happy about it, but from the other side, my mom wants to invite some guests :thumbdown:

i said NO, NO GUESTS. i will spend my names day here :naughty:

so that kinda sucks cause that is not the thing i want to do, but what can i do ? not to spend day on MFC when its mikas BIRTHDAY ? NO WAY.

i will stick my self to this chair. :D

Wow, that's great !!:bleh:.

Two birthdays.:mf_lustslow:.

The girls from the Argentinean thread are having a meeting tomorrow, at my house.:punk:.

Im making a chocolate cake with colorful sprinkles and spreading the Mika joy and happiness to everyone! This event is for me almost bigger than my own birthday:naughty: The only thing that will be missing from my Mika celebration is Mika himself to cut the cake and eat it....:mf_rosetinted:

im thinking about calling 5 different radio stations and requesting any mika song...going to department stores and seeing if they could play it on the intercom and videos on the TV

:naughty:

that'd be amazing if i could do that...which i probably will.

but still if that is fruitless...ill do something else

77red, my sis and i ARE going to have a great party!

FOOD: -Chicken...of course:naughty:

-Cupcakes decorated in an LICM-ish way

-Lebanese food!! (pita and hummus i think)

-Tea! by the way, anyone know how M likes it? MFC search is so confusing!

COSTUMES: Mika-inspired of course! Including suspenders (you should have seen us buying them :roftl:), colorful skinny jeans, etc etc..but unfortunately no Benicassim pants.

ACTIVITIES: Live in Cartoon Motion, Life in Cartoon Motion dance party, music video watching, costume contest, dance-offs, etc. etc.

HAPPY 25TH MIKA!!

I'm happier today than I was on my own birthday 3 days ago!.

Btw, I'm 54! Boo hoo

Never mind, MIKA keeps me young!

I'm going to drink a toast to you tonight Mika! May you have many long years of happiness and success!

This is a great day also for the MFC! Hi everyone!!!

:sad: i planned a party with loads of lollipops today. but i feel so sick i can't even stay at the computer.... that's not fair..i waited for this day so long and now it's c**p.

but at least mika's posting. and i think it's adorable. he spends his birthday posting for us. he's by far the greatest singer ever!

so have a great blast all of you who are celebrating, i'm going back in bed to watch another movie.

oh and again...i think for the 5th time today...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MEEKS!