First MIKA song you heard *ever*

queenmikamop16

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was somewhere in April 2007...I have just came back from school and turned on the tv,MTV more precisely...and I saw "Grace Kelly" :naughty: actually,my mom said:"Hey,look,this song's called Grace Kelly" because she knew how obsessed about Grace Kelly and other 'old' actors&actresses I was,so I looked on the tv and said something like:"Hehe,interesting",thinking that MIKA was actually a band,not a singer :roftl:

grace kelly.

and it hooked me because me and my friends were at a drama contest in bucharest and the jury treated us (for the 3rd time in a row) awfully bad.

the song actually fitted our situation. :naughty: i loved it! and it made us happy when we listened to it.

I heard Grace Kelly first but when I heard Relax I was :shocked: Then it all started for me (before that GK was just a nice & fun song, listened to it regularly but I didn't know who Mika was f.e., just started to look up things after Relax .. :wink2:).

Love Today! I hadn't actually listened to the radio at home in a long time, because I was fed up with all the manufactured rubbish on it. Then I was doing some work in a charity shop and the radio was on, suddenly I stopped what I was doing and I'm like... "OMG where did that song come from? Where did that VOICE come from? Who's singing that AMAZING song?" I knew I had to find out who this guy was! So I did, and then I bought LICM, thinking... "there'll be about four decent songs and the rest will be album fillers that are not much good. The following is what happened next...

*Plays album and waits for album fillers*

*Realises every song is a masterpiece and Mika is a maestro!*

*Says to self, "I bet his voice is not as good live though!"*

*Watches Mika on Youtube.*

*Eats my own words!*

*Joins MFC and mikasounds.*

*Loves Mika forever!*

i never knew.. ROTFL :blink::roftl:

1st time I heard him, as many times said, it was on the car radio. the dj announced him and I remember distinctively saying.. hmm.. it's nothing special at all.. :blush-anim-cl: it was some slow song and that didn't strike an impression on me.. i could say it was over my shoulder (which I now adore) but it'd not be possible, then and on the radio.. I still wonder what it was.. :roftl: but it defo was him cause dj went on bragging about mika, his b/g and I remember it as now.

if we don't count this, 1st mika song I heard was GK. :thumb_yello:

haha well ok xD I have to tell you that at first I don't like Grace Kelly and the freaky guy singing that...

but then I heard it in the radio and I noticed my feet tipping up and down :punk: and then I liked it...after that I bought the album and now I'm the biggest fan evaaaa! (ok with all you guys :roftl:)

Grace Kelly on MTV Brasil, but I think they don't like of Mika very much, the only clips the mtv have of Mika is GK, Love Today, Relax and Lollipop. I never saw Big Girls or Happy Ending on the mtv :thumbdown:

I have MTV Deutsch (German) - I used to have MTV Adria but then it was just gone:boxed: - and they play Mika like never :mf_rosetinted: they play him something like once per month or so. They used to play him a looot on the Vh1,but now it's the same as on the MTV....:thumbdown:

So...YouTube and DVDs are my only hope *sigh* :emot-sad:

I have MTV Deutsch (German) - I used to have MTV Adria but then it was just gone:boxed: - and they play Mika like never :mf_rosetinted: they play him something like once per month or so. They used to play him a looot on the Vh1,but now it's the same as on the MTV....:thumbdown:

So...YouTube and DVDs are my only hope *sigh* :emot-sad:

same here little sister, mtv sucks :thumbdown: (sorry for those who like)

Listened to GK on the radio in the car yesterday. I was like :cheerful_h4h:, it's like bumping into a friend at the mall unexpectedly :roftl:

That's right! :cheerful_h4h:

Wait, 3300 posts!

Edited by Sity
3300 posts milestone!

Well.. I remember hearing Relax Take It Easy and Big Girl first back in the summer of 2007 but Relax was the one that got me starting all this :biggrin2:

Edited by Miro