I think it's really sad news. It's a great loss to the musicworld and the world in general. :tears:

I grew up with his music ... His music was there with me on great and sad moments in my life. I think he will live on through his music ... he wil certainly live on for me :wub2:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. I was following the events all night..such a shock. I just watched a live performance of Heal the World and I burst out crying.....I've always loved his music - but the main reason this affects me is because for me, he's my first experience of music. Some of my earliest memories are my parents playing his vinyls.....I can't believe such a beautiful, innocent, generous, talented soul has left us.

I agree with what many have said; that we lost him years ago, but I guess, my view is that as long as he was alive, it was possible for him to heal and return. I believe he's at peace now.

He's such a loss to this world.

Although I never liked him (except from The Jackson Five, which has always been one of my fav bands) last night, as I was following the news as they arrived, I felt a kind of void inside I can't quite explain. It's like part of my childhood has gone with him, and I didn't even listen to his solo work! I still can't believe this has happened, the name "Michael Jackson" just cannot be followed by the word "died". My thoughts are with his family, friends and fans.

I was so shocked to hear of this news. I cried and cried in various lessons at school today :(

Well, the legend of Michael Jackson lives on in my heart. His music, his life, his work will be celebrated by people all over the world forever. His exsistence inspired me; his genius helped me through some real tough times.

I call upon the people who read this to join me in praying for his family at this very difficult time. To join me in sending love and respect, always.

He was a legend, a hero, and I will always look up to him and love him :tears:

May he rest in peace xx

It doesn't seem real yet.

I don't think I've ever felt genuinely upset about a famous person dying before, but this is really sad. :tears:

Long live Michael's music. I hope he'll be remembered for the all the right reasons, he is an absolute legend.

:rip_1:

:rip_1: Very very sad news indeed. An incredible musician. I always felt a great sympathy for him and am totally against Children being exposed to this kind of life at an early age.

My mum woke me up this morning telling me that Michael has passed away... I couldn't believe it, I was absolutely shocked... Then I started crying.

There are no words that can describe how much I loved Michael both as a musician and as person. He was an amazing singer, dancer, performer, a man with such qualities that's not born everyday. For me, he was Mozart of the 20th century. A misunderstood genius. Though a very few kids of my age that I know know his songs or anything about him, I grew up listening to his music and watching his videos. My parents did too, especially my mum who cried with me as well today...

They're playing his videos on every music channel here now and I'm watching them and trying not to start crying again, it's just so sad :emot-sad: There's this special Vh1 programme about him now and they're displaying his obituary every 5 minutes... :tears:

I'm so shattered to learn that there was no one with him at the end of his life, only his kids... He was so kind and generous, donating so many times whenever someone needed it... So shy, coy and introverted. Always had a low profile, except those meaningless and stupid accusations about the pedophile thing.

I'll never, ever forget him. He'll be in my heart forever...

May you rest in peace, Michael.

Reports said that Michaels Mum will take them to start with. Not sure what will happen after that though. :sad:

Well, I suppose it's a good thing they are with family (for now at least). I hope the best for them -- I can't even begin to imagine what they, and the rest of the Jacksons, are going through right now.

I went to see Michael Jackson back in the 80s. I was nowhere near the front so he was only a dot, but i'll never forget the experience. Him and Mika are the only pop concerts i've been to - i guess i only go see singers/songwriters who perform with such passion and put so much energy into their work.

Michael Jackson viewed the world differently - or did he? Do any of us really know how someone feels - their inner thoughts - or do we see just how they want us to see them.

I believe Michael Jackson was true to himself. He said and did what he wanted - this was not always accepted and was often judged cruelly. Society is more accepting than it was 20 years ago, of people who are different or whose behaviour is different from what 'we' regard as the norm. But there will always be pockets of people who are afraid of those brave enough, not to conform.

RIP Michael Jackson - a caring individual. :rip_1:

My mum woke me up this morning telling me that Michael has passed away... I couldn't believe it, I was absolutely shocked... Then I started crying.

There are no words that can describe how much I loved Michael both as a musician and as person. He was an amazing singer, dancer, performer, a man with such qualities that's not born everyday. For me, he was Mozart of the 20th century. A misunderstood genius. Though a very few kids of my age that I know know his songs or anything about him, I grew up listening to his music and watching his videos. My parents did too, especially my mum who cried with me as well today...

They're playing his videos on every music channel here now and I'm watching them and trying not to start crying again, it's just so sad :emot-sad: There's this special Vh1 programme about him now and they're displaying his obituary every 5 minutes... :tears:

I'm so shattered to learn that there was no one with him at the end of his life, only his kids... He was so kind and generous, donating so many times whenever someone needed it... So shy, coy and introverted. Always had a low profile, except those meaningless and stupid accusations about the pedophile thing.

I'll never, ever forget him. He'll be in my heart forever...

May you rest in peace, Michael.

there there :huglove:

I´m in a horrible dream and I can´t wake up :shocked:

Every video, every song, every pic makes me cry.

It´s about 25 hours now, why it´s not better but worse?

I haven´t sleep last night, now I can´t too... This is crazy :tears:

Nothing hurts like losing when you know it´s really gone...

I´m in a horrible dream and I can´t wake up :shocked:

Every video, every song, every pic makes me cry.

It´s about 25 hours now, why it´s not better but worse?

I haven´t sleep last night, now I can´t too... This is crazy :tears:

Nothing hurts like losing when you know it´s really gone...

:huglove: I know, I know......well, to be honest, I hadn't listened to his music in a while, but he's always been in my life....I'm really shocked at how devastated I am.... like you, every time I hear a song (especially Heal the World or You Are Not Alone - the more emotional ones) I burst out crying...this wasn't supposed to happen!!!!! The only thing that makes this bearable is my faith that his soul is at peace.

I only realized it was for real after I went to sleep two days ago and woke up yesterday. :boxed: I couldn't and still can't believe he's dead...

I was never a big fan, but he did change Pop music, and not only. He was an amasing dancer, amazing performer, singer... I never cared about all the pedophile rumours and the turning black to white thing... I think he should be admired and remembered as the great artist he was. It's a great loss for the whole world:boxed:

Can't say I grew up listening to him, can't say I absolutely adored him, but I can say I admired him.

Rest In Peace, MJ:wub2: