Rain Next Single -- Released 23/11

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know many artists needed THE song to launch them to the next level , with Robbie Williams it was Angels and there are many examples like this ...

Hoping Rain is "the" song to pick Mika back up , as you say .. hes off the page at the moment

I agree, and IMO he should've released "Rain" as the first single. I believe that it's the most 'catchy' song on the record which many people like because of the beat and mellody and everything.

I must say,when I listen to TBWKTM I skip WAG 90% of times :blush-anim-cl: because I love all the other songs on the album more than WAG. I really enjoy listening to that song only when watching the video too, because I think it's the video that gives this song a whole new... 'dimension' and feeling , if I could express myself like that. :bleh:

I don't really understand why he's losing so much public interest (I say that, even though WAG went to number 4 and his London show has sold out) cos everything he's released thus far has done alright on the first day but disappears quickly.

Something else is being released next week but I can't remember what it is.

Rain is being played a lot on radio here. Thats a very good sign since they havent played WAG at all. If the album got to number 1 on itunes without any airplay imagine how well it could do now.

Great news!:thumb_yello:

I don't really understand why he's losing so much public interest (I say that, even though WAG went to number 4 and his London show has sold out) cos everything he's released thus far has done alright on the first day but disappears quickly. .

That means it's only his core fans he could rely on... I hope it will all change with Rain

Something else is being released next week but I can't remember what it is.

Gaga's new single, Bad Romance..:wink2:

..and it will go to No1 I have no doubt about that..

Great news!:thumb_yello:

That means it's only his core fans he could rely on... I hope it will all change with Rain

Gaga's new single, Bad Romance..:wink2:

..and it will go to No1 I have no doubt about that..

There's a possibility the 'X Factor' finalists will hold on to the #1 spot for a 2nd week running, denying her a #1 single.

There's a possibility the 'X Factor' finalists will hold on to the #1 spot for a 2nd week running, denying her a #1 single.

I wish your sentence ended denying him a #1 single but it is fully unrealistic...

I think the single will do better in Europe, though.

Is is being played on the radio in the UK?

On MTV I only saw it once. Robbie, on the other hand already has a second video out, 2 weeks after the release of his album... :blink:

Completely different tactics there...

I wish your sentence ended denying him a #1 single but it is fully unrealistic...

I think the single will do better in Europe, though.

Is is being played on the radio in the UK?

On MTV I only saw it once. Robbie, on the other hand already has a second video out, 2 weeks after the release of his album... :blink:

Completely different tactics there...

I've seen the 'Rain' a few times on TV but mainly on the '4Music' charts.

I agree, and IMO he should've released "Rain" as the first single. I believe that it's the most 'catchy' song on the record which many people like because of the beat and mellody and everything.

I must say,when I listen to TBWKTM I skip WAG 90% of times :blush-anim-cl: because I love all the other songs on the album more than WAG. I really enjoy listening to that song only when watching the video too, because I think it's the video that gives this song a whole new... 'dimension' and feeling , if I could express myself like that. :bleh:

I feel exactly the same way as you about WAG and about Rain. For me WAG never really had a great appeal. In fact I really disliked it initially and it only started growing on me later, but I will never like it as much as his other songs I don't think. I just don't "get it". The video makes it a lot better, but still......

The live WAG is something else though, I absolutely ADORE it :wub2:. But in general I think that Rain is a lot better as a song and as a single, and that it should do better.

The live WAG is something else though, I absolutely ADORE it :wub2:. But in general I think that Rain is a lot better as a song and as a single, and that it should do better.

WAG live is something you need to experience; you cannot adequately put it into words. It's beyond comprehension....:wub2:

I loved Rain from the first time I heard it (and I still like it slow too, but I love the album version)...I agree, Rain has a lot more widespread appeal than WAG.

WAG live is something you need to experience; you cannot adequately put it into words. It's beyond comprehension....:wub2:

I loved Rain from the first time I heard it (and I still like it slow too, but I love the album version)...I agree, Rain has a lot more widespread appeal than WAG.

Yes, THAT is what I was trying to express, thanks!

looks like they changed the release date for germany from nov 20 to dec 11, pfft! :boxed: although on the german mikasounds website it still says nov 20. no wonder mika's cd sales go down in germany, if they keep confusing ppl like that! :sneaky2: but maybe it's because in december mika has time to do promotion in germany, that would explain why it's only out so late. well, i hope that this is the reason... :naughty: although of course i wish he had some time to relax, he's really not happy about all that travelling atm and imo needs a holiday for a few weeks. but guess that won't happen soon, with the new single release and all. :sad: and i can't deny that some promotion in germany would be useful, looking at his cd sales here.

looks like they changed the release date for germany from nov 20 to dec 11, pfft! :boxed: although on the german mikasounds website it still says nov 20. no wonder mika's cd sales go down in germany, if they keep confusing ppl like that! :sneaky2: but maybe it's because in december mika has time to do promotion in germany, that would explain why it's only out so late. well, i hope that this is the reason... :naughty: although of course i wish he had some time to relax, he's really not happy about all that travelling atm and imo needs a holiday for a few weeks. but guess that won't happen soon, with the new single release and all. :sad: and i can't deny that some promotion in germany would be useful, looking at his cd sales here.

huh?:blink:

But that makes sense, and I'm with you on the CD sales. Also they haven't played Rain a lot on the radio yet (at least for what I know).

And yeah, I wish he'd have time for some rest, he's really tired out lately (as we all know of course):sad:

Since hearing last night Peter Kay is releasing the CIN song on Monday, I can't see Rain getting the #1 spot next weekend.

Bugger- but you're probably right. I don't mind that so much (good cause) but I'd love to see it top the X factor

The Accoustic version is sooooooooooooooooo beautiful. I'm gonna log out now before I rave about it on every thread in this forum. The remixes are fun (the iTunes version) but ooooohhh the accoustic one :swoon: And I'm not normally a big accoustic fan!

Bugger- but you're probably right. I don't mind that so much (good cause) but I'd love to see it top the X factor

The Accoustic version is sooooooooooooooooo beautiful. I'm gonna log out now before I rave about it on every thread in this forum. The remixes are fun (the iTunes version) but ooooohhh the accoustic one :swoon: And I'm not normally a big accoustic fan!

I was thinking about these charity singles getting in the way of Mika having a number one. I wouldn't mind so much (it's for charity after all) but the charity singles are always covers, and Rain is a new song!

But maybe people will buy the album to get Rain, it's quite cheap at HMVs. It's actually more cost effective to buy the album anyway. But I love Mika's Pokerface cover, so I'm certainly getting the single.