Mika's Sister in Serious Accident

dcdeb

I think you're right. Maybe now is the time for the Mods to send one bouquet on behalf of the whole MFC :dunno:

I agree

Yeah, it sounds like maybe they've already been inundated. :blink:

Let 's think on this a bit.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know maybe ıt's not the right place to post this but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS_KFvpVB_Q

This video is one of my favourites as we can see nearly all the family :wub2:

Of course Paloma :huglove:

and even a bit Fortuné :biggrin2:

It again shows how they are bounded to eachother...

How sweet also strong they are as a family...

And most importantly this video keeps reminding me that as long as they are together no matter how horrible the situation is they are going to overcome it...

as they always do...

Together...

As a family...

Show us once again how strong you are Paloma and get well soon darling...

Because you are a Penniman...

Because you are golden...

Oh my god...so very happy to hear that she is still stable. Worry has filled this place up for the past week or so. Its time we begin thanking God or whatever power you believe in for performing such a miracle! :thumb_yello:

About the bouquet, I agree that ONE on behalf of the MFC will be a great Idea.

:Update:

from MIKASOUNDS:

Pamola

On behalf of my whole family, we would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and kindness over the past week. Paloma is in a stable condition at the Royal London Hospital.

She has undergone extensive surgery to her legs and surgery to her abdomen. Although she is in a lot of pain, things are looking remarkably good considering what happened. Over the coming weeks Paloma will undergo more surgery and start her rehabilitation programme. Her recovery will be a long and difficult one but at this point in time there is no reason to believe that it won’t be a successful one.

Paloma and the whole family feel extremely lucky and we are eternally grateful to the Helicopter Response Unit, Doctors and Nurses of the Royal London for saving her life.

Every card, text message and bunch of flowers has been shown to Paloma. We are extremely grateful to you all for keeping Paloma in your thoughts and prayers

This beautiful woman is stable and above all ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! Wishing her all the best for a successful recovery! Keep strong Paloma, we love you so much! Royal London did a fantastic job! The recovery may be difficult but let's be thankful that she's here with us in this big family! MFC is a lovely place to be in and I am glad to be a member. Love you all!

glad to hear that she's on her way to recovery. and of course i wish her a lot of strength for that. :thumb_yello:

I think you're right. Maybe now is the time for the Mods to send one bouquet on behalf of the whole MFC :dunno:

agree... if each fan starts sending flowers and presents now, it'd be a bit much, but ONE from mfc would be fab. :thumb_yello:

if anyone wants to organize this, just tell me where to send the money. (paypal?) :biggrin2:

dunno bout postcards... i think it can be quite boring to be in hospital, having to lie in bed all day, so maybe she'd like it... :dunno: but i don't know, do people who are in hospital have internet access? like, can they use their laptop/iphone, or is it a problem because of all the machines? thankfully i haven't been in hospital for 30 years, so i have no idea... but i think if electronic communication is not possible, then outside of the visiting times she might be happy to receive messages (and i mean just paper, no huge presents to fill her room :bleh:) from people around the world. or maybe not, really no idea. :teehee:

glad to hear that she's on her way to recovery. and of course i wish her a lot of strength for that. :thumb_yello:

agree... if each fan starts sending flowers and presents now, it'd be a bit much, but ONE from mfc would be fab. :thumb_yello:

if anyone wants to organize this, just tell me where to send the money. (paypal?) :biggrin2:

dunno bout postcards... i think it can be quite boring to be in hospital, having to lie in bed all day, so maybe she'd like it... :dunno: but i don't know, do people who are in hospital have internet access? like, can they use their laptop/iphone, or is it a problem because of all the machines? thankfully i haven't been in hospital for 30 years, so i have no idea... but i think if electronic communication is not possible, then outside of the visiting times she might be happy to receive messages (and i mean just paper, no huge presents to fill her room :bleh:) from people around the world. or maybe not, really no idea. :teehee:

In my hospital they put on internet for the patients and we are a small hospital. I think a big hospital should have that possibility.

I really don´t think they will be very happy with tons of gifts, cards and flowers send to the hospital. What should they do with it? I think it´s better to post here in the Get well Paloma thread or on Mikasounds.

The voice of reason, Sabine :thumb_yello:

Yeah, it sounds like maybe they've already been inundated. :blink:

Let 's think on this a bit.

I have to agree with you. She's most likely in one of the surgical wards within the A&E area, and there is no way that anyone at the hospital would be happy being inundated with all sorts of gifts, no matter how good the intentions behind them are. It's really not the place or time, I think, to be honest :dunno:

One token gift on behalf of the whole fanclub might be ok, but I wouldn't encourage anyone to send individual gifts or cards at all :blush-anim-cl:.

Absolutely! I think ONE bouquet with a message from the whole MFC attached is enough...I mean they know they have our full support and all, why send tons of things? :dunno:

What about a cuddly bear or a donation to the rescue squad?

I think that you hit the nail on the head, Katy. The HEMS service is operated partially as a charity, so they always welcome donations. I'm sure that any type of help towards them would be more useful than spent on a gift to Paloma directly, IMHO.

This is their site:

http://www.londonsairambulance.com/SecureStore/welcome.aspx?Q1788=30&J847=x30&A988=&NL477=&F=&G=&C=&SC=&S9=0&UT1=&R=1&S=&RE=www.bartsandthelondon.nhs.uk&D=32

dunno bout postcards... i think it can be quite boring to be in hospital, having to lie in bed all day, so maybe she'd like it... :dunno:

wasn't planning on sending gifts or flowers (I like the idea of one big bunch of flowers from all of us at once) but I only know that my uncle spent months in hospital after his leg got amputated and was happy as a kid every time he got a card, it really gave him a boost. so I'm definitely gonna send a card. :thumb_yello:

I am SO relieved to hear better news. Sounds like it will be a long road to recovery, but at least she's started on that road now. After such a horrific accident, Paloma's dreadful injuries, and such a traumatic week, the whole family must all be totally exhausted and drained, but hopefully now things are looking up, the worst of it is over. What a nightmare they've had to endure.

I think it's a brilliant idea for us to make donations to the air ambulance service. They do a fantastic job. God willing none of us will never need their services, but as this incident with Paloma has proved, you just never know what's around the corner.

Sending big hugs and lots of love to the whole family. xxx

Where my sister works, they have an amazing internet access phone, that people can use. My friend used it when she was in there.

I also feel donating to the air ambulance service would be a fantastic idea. It sounds like they played a crucial role in Paloma's early care, and it seems a significant portion of their operating costs are funded by donations. I understand the sentiment of wanting to send cards and flowers, but if we donate to this service we can benefit other patients and their families in a very real and tangible way.

There is a form on their website that allows you to donate online, and you can donate as little as £1. If you don't have a credit or debit card they also give you the option to donate by cheque.

To donate, click here and then click "donate" along the left side of the page.

There's a bunch of other great information on that site about the service and how they help. There's a Wikipedia entry as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Air_Ambulance

314159.gif

I mentioned that to Deb last week, about a donation to the hospital, I think to the air ambulance is a great idea:thumb_yello:

:Update:

from MIKASOUNDS:

Pamola

On behalf of my whole family, we would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and kindness over the past week. Paloma is in a stable condition at the Royal London Hospital.

She has undergone extensive surgery to her legs and surgery to her abdomen. Although she is in a lot of pain, things are looking remarkably good considering what happened. Over the coming weeks Paloma will undergo more surgery and start her rehabilitation programme. Her recovery will be a long and difficult one but at this point in time there is no reason to believe that it won’t be a successful one.

Paloma and the whole family feel extremely lucky and we are eternally grateful to the Helicopter Response Unit, Doctors and Nurses of the Royal London for saving her life.

Every card, text message and bunch of flowers has been shown to Paloma. We are extremely grateful to you all for keeping Paloma in your thoughts and prayers

That's incredible news :tears: !!

I also feel donating to the air ambulance service would be a fantastic idea. It sounds like they played a crucial role in Paloma's early care, and it seems a significant portion of their operating costs are funded by donations. I understand the sentiment of wanting to send cards and flowers, but if we donate to this service we can benefit other patients and their families in a very real and tangible way.

There is a form on their website that allows you to donate online, and you can donate as little as £1. If you don't have a credit or debit card they also give you the option to donate by cheque.

To donate, click here and then click "donate" along the left side of the page.

There's a bunch of other great information on that site about the service and how they help. There's a Wikipedia entry as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Air_Ambulance

Cool, they do a standing order. I can use that:thumb_yello:

In my hospital they put on internet for the patients and we are a small hospital. I think a big hospital should have that possibility.

Where my sister works, they have an amazing internet access phone, that people can use. My friend used it when she was in there.

good to know, in this case i think our messages on mfc, myspace, facebook etc. are enough. :thumb_yello:

fab idea katy, and thanx for the link sara. :thumb_yello:

Wow, I missed the update! What great news.

I certainly agree that a donation to the HEMS charity is a much better use of your money than buying bunches of flowers for someone who we actually don't know presonally. I don't mean to sound heartless, I am wishing for Paloma's recovery as much as anyone else. It would be good if they had a facility where you donate in honour of someone. Looks like the online donation site has a place to say Thanks, but nothing directly connected with the donation itself.

Something tangible like a donation to HEMS is just so much more meaningful than us all spending hours of our lives wringing our hands on MFC.

The voice of reason, Sabine :thumb_yello:

I have to agree with you. She's most likely in one of the surgical wards within the A&E area, and there is no way that anyone at the hospital would be happy being inundated with all sorts of gifts, no matter how good the intentions behind them are. It's really not the place or time, I think, to be honest :dunno:

One token gift on behalf of the whole fanclub might be ok, but I wouldn't encourage anyone to send individual gifts or cards at all :blush-anim-cl:.

i'm keep thinking if it's a good idea to send cards individually too... but frankly that doesn't sound good if we send them separately...

but at the same time MFC is a group of more than 20000 ppl - so what do you think if the mod collect ONLY CARDS from world representatives (by mail by a deadline) and give them all to Paloma in ONE, and ONE bouquet of flowers on behalf of the MFC? so more msg around the world will be sent to Paloma, while it is a whole MFC thing, and with the least disturbance of course.

these are only my opinion, what do you think?

and sure i love the donation idea, it's so brilliant. it will be the best gift for Paloma and people in need at the same time :blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

i'm keep thinking if it's a good idea to send cards individually too... but frankly that doesn't sound good if we send them separately...

but at the same time MFC is a group of more than 20000 ppl - so what do you think if the mod collect ONLY CARDS from world representatives (by mail by a deadline) and give them all to Paloma in ONE, and ONE bouquet of flowers on behalf of the MFC? so more msg around the world will be sent to Paloma, while it is a whole MFC thing, and with the least disturbance of course.

these are only my opinion, what do you think?

and sure i love the donation idea, it's so brilliant. it will be the best gift for Paloma and people in need at the same time :blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

Awww Sui, that would be a nice idea too! :wub2:

The cards sound nice in theory, but can you imagine the amount of expense involved...buying and sending cards? Surely if we all donated the one pound instead of a card (or OK, in addition to a card if a decision is made to send cards)... we could actually do something more worthwhile for the rescue service who did such an amazing job for Paloma, and continue to do an amazing job every day, for lots of people who aren't from famous families.:wub2:

Anyone see their "wish list" page?

THIRD SECTION under "SUPPORT US"

like, for instance,

where they say they want a dishwasher for their living quarters at the hospital!

http://www.londonsairambulance.com/SecureStore/welcome.aspx?Q1788=30&J847=x30&A988=&NL477=&F=&G=&C=&SC=&S9=0&UT1=&R=1&S=&RE=www.londonsairambulance.com&D=32

The cards sound nice in theory, but can you imagine the amount of expense involved...buying and sending cards? Surely if we all donated the one pound instead of a card (or OK, in addition to a card if a decision is made to send cards)... we could actually do something more worthwhile for the rescue service who did such an amazing job for Paloma, and continue to do an amazing job every day, for lots of people who aren't from famous families.:wub2:

Yeah, you're right! :wink2: Anyway, we'll always have plenty of ways to send messages to Paloma and the family... :wink2:

Archived