Mika @ Piazza Duomo, Milan - June 07, 2011

Sarina

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So according to Imma the show was private, I'm glad to know that.

I still don't appreciate all the secret behaviour tho because I think fans deserve to know things like that..even just to be proud and happy for the artist. I don't think we can compare the russian one with this one because the 1st one was a birthday party and it was "personal" (which I think is different from private) and this italian one was private but for a public event. But..it's over now..i'll survive :P!

Skin from Skunk Anansie was djing at the party, but she never tweeted she was doing it either. No one on her timeline has said anything about it.

Think about it, gigs like this enable him to put on the tours that he wants to do for us, the record company don't completely foot the bill, so indirectly this show IS benefitting us.

If it hadn't been mentioned on Twitter, we would have been none the wiser, but just as it is the choice of the ones who tweeted it to do so, it's also the choice of Mika not to. It's not like he's the only artist in the world not to broadcast what he does everyday, there are quite a few who do after the fact, and some like Mika who don't at all. It's just people who happen to be at the event, that do inform us that an artist does perform at it.

I know it's upsetting to be so close and not being able to see him, but I'm sure Mika wasn't intending to be nasty by not mentioning it. He possibly was only intending to play it and leave, which from what I saw in that tweet posted by the lady who went down to the Piazza, seemed to be the case, he didn't stay long afterwards.

Shows like this aren't intended for fans, they are purely for whoever is throwing it, so unless the people organising it release details, it's totally up to the individual artist whether they inform fans, and quite a lot, just don't.

@RAK1 I agree with what you say except the claim that he uses these private gigs to finance his tour 'for the fans' :pinkbow: (:teehee: ).

He is worth £8million and I don't believe he is making a loss when he is on tour. Performing live is the most significant source of income artists can reply on nowadays.

Edited by suzie

Skin from Skunk Anansie was djing at the party, but she never tweeted she was doing it either. No one on her timeline has said anything about it.

Think about it, gigs like this enable him to put on the tours that he wants to do for us, the record company don't completely foot the bill, so indirectly this show IS benefitting us.

If it hadn't been mentioned on Twitter, we would have been none the wiser, but just as it is the choice of the ones who tweeted it to do so, it's also the choice of Mika not to. It's not like he's the only artist in the world not to broadcast what he does everyday, there are quite a few who do after the fact, and some like Mika who don't at all. It's just people who happen to be at the event, that do inform us that an artist does perform at it.

I know it's upsetting to be so close and not being able to see him, but I'm sure Mika wasn't intending to be nasty by not mentioning it. He possibly was only intending to play it and leave, which from what I saw in that tweet posted by the lady who went down to the Piazza, seemed to be the case, he didn't stay long afterwards.

Shows like this aren't intended for fans, they are purely for whoever is throwing it, so unless the people organising it release details, it's totally up to the individual artist whether they inform fans, and quite a lot, just don't.

Totally agree, but I'd say more, maybe it was the organization who demanded that no details should be revealed. Being a private event, they certainly didn't want the place crowded with fans...

Yay!! Thank you!

Your welcome :biggrin2:

Great:thumb_yello: 16 seconds is lots when your craving any Mika info.

That's true :naughty:

oh you've found a video!!! thanks:thumb_yello:

Yes, I found it :teehee: Still I hope they will upload longer and better quality video :naughty:

Thanks! We are glad to any second of Mika :aah: Unlike the last summer...

I'm so waiting gigs in july. New videos from concerts, new songs, new interviews.. Can't wait :boing:

I see you point Rose, I really do...still I feel sad about what happened. Imma and Cherisse shared a bit and Mika didn t say a word. I don't blame the fact he occasionally does private gigs and I'm sure that's a common way to raise money, but this was an event, even if a posh and private one..and a word would be appreciated. Even if it would be useful only to show some support..for example..a good luck tweet or similar silly things. I like the idea to be able to show my support and I appreciate Mika because he always seems near to his fans. This is why I don't like secret things like that. About Skin, I understand what you mean but we don't know how she usually interact with her fans..so we can't make a comparison.

And I'm SURE that Mika didin't want to be rude with fans..maybe he just didn't think to say a word but I would prefer something different. That's all :)

Totally agree, but I'd say more, maybe it was the organization who demanded that no details should be revealed. Being a private event, they certainly didn't want the place crowded with fans...

If it was true both Inma and Cherisse couldnt share anything too..

And, just to be clear, I didn't say that because I wanted to be there waiting outside (simply inappropriate for the event) but i only would like to have the chance to show my support.

If it was true both Inma and Cherisse couldnt share anything too..

And, just to be clear, I didn't say that because I wanted to be there waiting outside (simply inappropriate for the event) but i only would like to have the chance to show my support.

Did they share any details, apart from "The gig is in Milan"? :wink2:

And YOU are saying that. Can you guarantee that hundreds of other fans would think the same?

And YOU are saying that. Can you guarantee that hundreds of other fans would think the same?

No they obviously didn't add more infos....but that's enough to show support ;)

I speak for myself BUT..if you say only "private gig in Milan" fans can't find you but if they want they can say a good word to show they care and they're happy for you!

@LeiRe: wow, thank you :) those pics Are amazing!

I'm wondering what he's doing with his hands in that pic *curious*

Edited by Sarina

I agree Sarina that I wish that Mika was more in tune with his fans like he was a couple of years ago, but yesterday was no different than...well virtually every day. :dunno:

Thanks for the links LeiRe and Milda :flowers2:

Agreed....not all fans have a good behavior unfortunately :no: so I guess they can't risk having a bunch of people crowding outside the venue to take a shot at seeing the artist...

Specially Swarovski...I don't know if they had any of the jewelry there, but if they did, they would certainly avoid any risks

it was Moscow, you know... too cold to dare of being there without gloves :mf_rosetinted: and we all know it´s very difficult to take pics with a mobile if you are wearing gloves :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

A short video from yesterday - http://twitpic.com/58kp6g It's just 16 sec of Love Today, but still better than nothing :rolls_eyes:

Thank you, Milda!

One can see the posh people were jumping and clapping like us, Mikafans...:naughty:

Muchas gracias, Leire....:thumb_yello:

Nice photos, thank you to all those who posted them! Doesn't look like a full regular band there with him:teehee:

It must be weird for them all, doing all these songs/costumes after such a long break:wink2:

Have not read the entire thread, but just saying that I believe Mika has every right to not say anything about a private gig if that is what he wants to do. I know it is frustrating to know that he is in your countt ry and you can't go. Been there, done that. But I see no reason for attacking him because he doesn't tweet about every fart.

Once again, no offense to anyone who is upset, but this was private and he is not obliged to sent out scented, handwritten invitations to everyone.

from our main newspaper, Corriere della Sera, based in Milan

foto-1.jpg

http://dellamoda.it/news/2011-06/mika-il-piu-amato-dello-swarovski-red-carpet.php

Mika il più amato dello Swarovski red carpet

(...) Madrina della serata Naomi Campbell (sempre più gonfia e ritoccata!) incaricata di presentare il cantante inglese Mika (la vera attrazione della serata).

:aah: Seems like they disagree a bit

Leire, you are a real hound! :thumb_yello:

thanks.....find more! :wink2:

@LeiRe: wow, thank you :) those pics Are amazing!

Thanks for the links LeiRe and Milda :flowers2:

Muchas gracias, Leire....:thumb_yello:

You're all welcome! :original:

LeiRe, you are amazing!!:original:

Thank you... :blush-anim-cl:

And thanks everyone else too for links, pics, etc.