REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS - Mika @ Paléo festival, Switzerland - July 23, 2011

guylainem123

After reading that he dedicated the concert to the Oslo victims and Amy Winehouse, it was a bit of a (nice) surprise to see right after that even the whole show had been filmed and posted online... I was a bit concerned about the atmosphere since he performed in such sad circumstances, but if he managed to handle it all, as you all say, then I'm truly happy to hear that :thumb_yello:

yes, you can feel he was moved by the events of the previous 24 hours and couldn't always control his voice but that would have happened after so many gigs under normal circumstances, too. There were several songs that sounded really great, the performance is worth watching and recording.

this doesn't work for me :huh:

That one didn't work for me, either - maybe it is for subscribers only :dunno:

and here i don't know what to do, i can't read russian :huh:

You simply fill in the automated code the site gives you and click on the green button. Then on the next page you de-click the little box ( otherwise it would want to install some toolbar for you), and double-click the first link on the page - then your browser will ask you if you want to open or save the file.

Edited by suzie

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, you can feel he was moved by the events of the previous 24 hours and couldn't always control his voice but that would have happened after so many gigs under normal circumstances, too. There were several songs that sounded really great, the performance is worth watching and recording.

You simply fill in the automated code the site gives you and click on the green button. Then on the next page you de-click the little box ( otherwise it would want to install some toolbar for you), and double-click the first link on the page - then your browser will ask you if you want to open or save the file.

hmm *feels dumb* but what little box?

this is what i get if filled in the automated code

Schermafbeelding2011-07-25om165312.png?t=1311605653

If I remember correctly, you must click that link first, and then the little box option appears to you. :wink2:

If I remember correctly, you must click that link first, and then the little box option appears to you. :wink2:

i didn't get that, it's now downloading but don't see a little box, maybe it's cause i've a macbook? :dunno:

i didn't get that, it's now downloading but don't see a little box, maybe it's cause i've a macbook? :dunno:

Never had a Macbook, but maybe that download option isn't compatible, so the website doesn't "offer" it to you. :biggrin2:

Never had a Macbook, but maybe that download option isn't compatible, so the website doesn't "offer" it to you. :biggrin2:

well, must be i guess:)

since the screen is still the same as the one i posted and i am downloading it now so t:teehee:

There on the screenshot is written, "if the download does not start, then click on this link." The one blue long in a center of page . And everything will start anew.:wink2:

edit: I see, this working for you)

Edited by Lena

There on the screenshot is written, "if the download does not start, then click on this link." The one blue long in a center of page . And everything will start anew.:wink2:

edit: I see, this working for you)

yes, but thanks anyway :biggrin2:

this doesn't work for me :huh:

and here i don't know what to do, i can't read russian :huh:

I tought that was only me, maybe it's because it doesn't work with dailymotion videos, sorry for that peeps

Is this an MFCer's video, Alice? Doesn't look like it.

I think we try to focus on those first -- those and professional

videos/pics... we don't usually worry about getting every single

video that anyone posts.

At least, that's how I usually handle things. :dunno:

That's how i do it also. Because this is a gig review thread for our members,

I post their videos. I don't post the ones from unknown gig goers.

if anyone is interested, they can all be found on youtube.

OK:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3525864&postcount=3

The 'Billy Brown' video was posted on YouTube very early.

At the time, and for some time, there were no others of any Mika performances at the Paleo Festival to view.

I reasoned that MFCers would appreciate, at the time, an opportunity to view an early video vs. none.

Edited by A. Clay

I just watched the whole show on dailymotion. Yes, his sadness about Amy and those victims from norway was visible, I also noticed he was tired, and I think he was a little bit ill. I heard it on his voice. But despite all of these things his show was emotional and high quality. I cried during Happy Ending, he seemed really touched by things that have happened, he looked like he wanted to cry for a while, in my opinion. That was really touching. It had to be perfect night! :thumb_yello:

I made a mp3 of "Blame it on the weather" only, it's a quite good quality :wink2:

So if you're interested : :teehee:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KX9EADD0

(sorry I don't know if it's the right place to post this :blush-anim-cl:)

Thanks for posting :thumb_yello: You may wanna post it in the thread discussing the song as well http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26009&page=22 :wink2:

I've just watched the complete video...one of the drunk boys I mentioned in my report can be seen at 1.05.10...he was about to collapse over me....damned! :sneaky2:

anyway, it's good to have the recording of the gig you went to...you can taste what you missed!

and some sounds come out very good! I loved Martin's digressions and Mika changing tune from now and then...very enjoyable. I wish he could keep the violins too!

I especially loved Ida, her voice is beautiful and helps Mika and Imma a lot. I hope she will stay with him on stage forever :wub2:

BIOTW is made for her...if she added this track to an album of hers, I would have nothing to say :naughty: ...it's sort of Celine Dion stuff, don't you think? :teehee:

so...well done Mika...I guess I witnessed a very good gig, after all!

I've just watched the complete video...one of the drunk boys I mentioned in my report can be seen at 1.05.10...he was about to collapse over me....damned! :sneaky2:

anyway, it's good to have the recording of the gig you went to...you can taste what you missed!

and some sounds come out very good! I loved Martin's digressions and Mika changing tune from now and then...very enjoyable. I wish he could keep the violins too!

I especially loved Ida, her voice is beautiful and helps Mika and Imma a lot. I hope she will stay with him on stage forever :wub2:

BIOTW is made for her...if she added this track to an album of hers, I would have nothing to say :naughty: ...it's sort of Celine Dion stuff, don't you think? :teehee:

so...well done Mika...I guess I witnessed a very good gig, after all!

I hope she will recollect that her home is a opera, not Mika's scene.

Or was she dismissed of her theater and Mika is helping her?

now that I’ve finally caught some sleep, here is my little report of this amazing week-end :thumb_yello:

First of all, I’ve been SO pleased to welcome Nina, Meggy and another French fan, Virginie, at home and to show them some places around here! I’m not ashamed to say that I really love the place I’m living in and it’s always such a pleasure to have the opportunity to visit some part of it with friends! We’ve had a little trip from Geneva to Montreux on Friday and finally ate a “MIKA” pizza near the lake in Lausanne together. What a perfect day!! We had great laugh too. :naughty:

On Saturday, we woke up around 9am, had breakfast and got ready to go at the festival. I was pretty sure being there around 1pm would be far too early, but still, as we were ready to go, we already went there. Actually I was right as we found no one at the festival’s doors.

When the doors opened, a guy took a micro and made a countdown before wishing everyone a nice day at the festival. Only tickets were checked, no comments about bottles or anything else in our bags.

This is precisely what I love about Paleo festival! Everyone there is really nice, calm and professional. It's always a real pleasure to be there as everyone (staff, audience, etc...) is usually very relaxed (except from the drunk ones that we unfortunately can not avoid at festivals :aah:).

As I had planned to spend the day with some friends of mine and wanted to visit the whole festival because I know there’s loooots to see there, I didn't go with the girls waiting at front row and had a little walk around the festival instead. So we came at the main stage only to see the gigs. The first set was Ok. William White is not that bad, but he’s not exactly the man I would have chosen to begin with… anyway, it was still ok. We then want away to eat something and came back to see Robert Plant but only stayed for 3 songs actually… Not really my cup of tea I have to say… we’ve learned about AW’s death while we were wandering around the festival…:boxed: Actually we first saw people with really sad and grave faces and we didn’t get why they all look so serious as the atmosphere was quite relaxed and happy. It’s difficult to explain, but I actually felt a serious change in the general atmosphere as the news was circulating in the festival… Everyone was talking about that and seemed quite shocked. I’ve never been a big fan of Amy, but knowing she was supposed to be here on that day, and that I wasn’t meant to be there first made me feel quite bad…and I’ve been really saddened to learn the news…

When we finally came to find a good spot for Mika’s gig, we found out that there was still plenty of space at first row, on the right side :teehee:. So we made our way there and actually had a good spot on the stage (except for a small part that was hidden by a cameraman but it was still fine).

I won’t describe a lot the show itself, as each of you already got the occasion to listen to it or to see it actually (THANKS Paléo for that, it’s amazing!!) but I was really wondering how Mika would deal with AW’s death… because his situation was really difficult as everyone there was waiting for him to say a few words about her…and a lot of people would have been quite disappointed if he had not said a few words about that actually…

Therefore, I have not been really surprised when I saw him arriving and sitting with a really sad face at the piano… the atmosphere was really heavy…and I think he couldn’t have done better than simply dedicating his show to Amy…

The first song was a real disaster on a musical point of view… I mean, he made so many mistakes and his voice was so weak and hesitant… but on an emotional point of view, it’s probably the best version of French GK that I’ve ever heard! He was almost apologising for being there at first… very hesitant, timid, etc… but I guess he quite quickly realised the entire audience was with him on that night! Tbh, I’ve never experienced such an amazing interaction between him and an audience before… It was almost as if each of them were trying to comfort the other… it’s difficult to explain, but this show was really the most amazing I’ve ever seen on an emotional point of view. People at Paléo clearly show from the very beginning that they were all WITH him and not only watching him. I’ve felt so strongly so many different emotions during this gig it was amazing, I don’t think I’ve ever experienced this so strongly before… It is really difficult to describe, but it was really as if the audience, Mika and his band were only one person in the end, which emphasized every emotion each song was building.

I’m really happy that he did Touches You too, because I love that song, especially live. I would have loved to hear Karen though, but I can’t complain on the set list actually, it was really fine and different from Compiègne, which totally made my day. I loved BIOTW too, even though I’m still not convinced with Ida’s singing… especially at the beginning tbh… Guess I’ll have to listen to it a few more times to get used to it…but the song itself is really beautiful and I love it :wub2:

Rain and BIOTG were CRAZY! people were dancing, singing, jumping, it was really great!

I don’t have many things to say about the M&G as there was none, but actually I wasn’t really expecting one re the circumstances of the gig and how mika seemed affected by the latest events of the week-end, plus the fact that he should have been really tired too… I just found it really funny to see how we were very disciplined and reacting to every order the security guys were giving to us, even stupid ones such as waiting in a muddy parking field, behind giant wooden barriers :roftl:!!

I don’t have any good picture as I was not at the best place to take good ones and my camera didn’t really liked the rain before the show, but I’ve filmed some extracts, more to film the audience actually. I’ll upload them later as the vids from the gig itself are not that useful as we already have a wonderful video of the entire gig.

Thanks again to the people I’ve met there: Allegra, Robertina, Nina, and everyone. I’ve really enjoyed seeing you all :wub2:

Edited by Nanou

I hope she will recollect that her home is a opera, not Mika's scene.

Or was she dismissed of her theater and Mika is helping her?

I personally think her voice doesn´t fit with Mika´s :no:

I’ve never experienced such an amazing interaction between him and an audience before… It was almost as if each of them were trying to comfort the other… it’s difficult to explain, but this show was really the most amazing I’ve ever seen on an emotional point of view. People at Paléo clearly show from the very beginning that they were all WITH him and not only watching him.

Really interesting report Nanou. I had a feeling this would happen but I can understand why he was nervous going into it. It's one thing to just put your own feelings aside for 90 minutes and get on with the show but he knew he was going to have to deal with a very different energy from the crowd as well.

now that I’ve finally caught some sleep, here is my little report of this amazing week-end :thumb_yello:

A lovely report, Nanou, thank you very much. I could actually notice these emotions while watching the vid (and almost cried at some times, tbh :naughty:), so I can imagine how strong they were live.

It was kind and respectful to mention Norway and to dedicate the gig to Amy. I was kinda shivering when I started watching the vid and he was so unstable to sing GK. It was soothing to see that he felt a bit better and did an awesome gig then. :blush-anim-cl:

On Paléo's site they put an excellent quality audio of the whole concert

http://yeah.paleo.ch/fr/sound/12531

here's a download link, if you wish

it's a big file, almost 100 Mb

http://www.mediafire.com/?m7ne4oht7str3pj

thank you Marina and thanks everyone for the video link to the whole concert as well:flowers2:

cant wait to watch and listen to everything since I've only been able to watch only a couple of vids so far which have been pretty great:wub2: