Elle me Dit video out on Tuesday Aug. 16 2011

I like the scenery, clothes and the whole idea, but the way these people act scares me. I wish I could see Mika freaking out with them:aah:

Agreed.:mf_rosetinted: The God, Mimi (my new official nickname for Mika) dancing around would've been really funny! I don't know what to think about it really. I liked it but then I realized it was just.... plain. It may not've been his best video ever *stars and glitzy stuff popping out* but I enjoyed and that's all that The God, Mimi wants.:thumb_yello:

Update: Just noticed, it's MONDAY in FLORIDA!!!!!

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank God that Mika doesn't need our votes to do what he wants.

I agree

Can someone please point out to me the funny parts because I don't see it at all. Is it supposed to be funny when someone sings with a cactus or a big chess piece in their hand? Is it supposed to be funny when someone hits themselves in the face with a dumb bell or gets squirted with water? :dunno:

This is the worst video I've seen since the early 80s when no one knew how to make a video. I can't believe Mika would allow them to use this to represent his song. :shocked:

No I can´t explain because it is just my feeling when I watch this vid and I don´t ask myself every time why I feel the way I feel.

Thank god that I simply can enjoy things without analysing every single bit!

:thumb_yello:

When I read the announcement that they were looking for people of different ages to be in the clip, I figured he would not appear in the video, I think I was the only one who thought that, perhaps?

+1 :thumb_yello:

When I read the announcement that they were looking for people of different ages to be in the clip, I figured he would not appear in the video, I think I was the only one who thought that, perhaps?

You weren't! :teehee:

So, let's go.

"Hi, it's mika, the song "elle me dit" has been finished a couple of weeks ago & 48h after, it was played on the radio. It's probably the most quick transition that i got with one of my songs. It was not in my plans for the third album which, actually, is in english but which doesn't come out before 2012. There are some french songs in the bonus. But for the moment, we thought "why not ? It's very festive, fun... It's a good spirit and why wait ?"

So, we decided to make the song come out & we shoot a music video with the director K... (I don't know her at all haha) who is an australian woman. With, of course, Fanny Ardent's participation. I'm a big fan of Fanny &, in my visual references, we thought of François Ozon & also Wes Anderson's movies. More particularly "the royal tenenbaums". I really like the music video. I think it's fun, I think it's the same spirit as the song. It's festive, pop but it's a little kind of weird but it makes me laugh & I hope that you like it too. So, that's it. "Elle me dit" on Youtube France. Check it out. "

Please, forgive me for my mistakes. I wish you can understand what I wrote even if I might be a little bit confused in my words.

Thank you for the translation. :thumb_yello: I understand what you wrote :)

But I still don't get the humor in this video :blink:

nope, I figured he wouldn't be in the video as well :thumb_yello:

but I don't see what's the big deal, so he's not in the video, he's not in the Lollipop video either :dunno:

as for the video being good or bad, I won't comment... so far, I kinda like it. I'm not crazy about it, but to be honest, I still like it better than Happy Ending... :boxed:

whaat? so early? it's tuesday but it's only the first hour of tuesday:-))))

well.....you can blame it on the weather if you want cause "Burza" (the director's surname) means thunderstorm in Polish...;-)))) (Kinga Burza is Polish, she was born in one of "my" cities-Krakow...it's the city with the dragon...)

I didn't know her but thanks to PurpleCat I checked the videos she directed and I liked them...

Well...I expected sth more spontaneous and more natural and crazy...like Calvin Harris Marrymaking or Patrick Wolf vid but it's between Kate Nash and La Roux (Kinga directed the videos I'm talking about...)...La Roux videos are the most symbolic and the least spontaneous of all Kinga's videos I've seen ( I haven't seen them all...)...

First I was disappointed that M wasn't in it but maybe he didn't want to....?

now I think the video is universal and..a bit theatrical, symbolic and a bit like a pantomime....it has great "pictures"...it's like an old black and white no sound movie but full of colours....

and....Mika can't say "Burza" in this french speaking clip...:-)))) haha...the "rz" is like "G" in George Sand or "J" in Jacques...it's eaaasyyyy:-)))))

I don't need to analyze a video to enjoy it. I need it to be good :lmfao:

Sorry but stating a video is funny is not an emotion, it's an observation. So I am curious to know what people are seeing that I'm not.

nope, I figured he wouldn't be in the video as well :thumb_yello:

but I don't see what's the big deal, so he's not in the video, he's not in the Lollipop video either :dunno:

as for the video being good or bad, I won't comment... so far, I kinda like it. I'm not crazy about it, but to be honest, I still like it better than Happy Ending... :boxed:

That's right, we don't have to be crazy about it, is just a video, and he will have many videos in the future to show up or not.

I suspected he might not be in it either. But when I heard that the director of Foundations was doing it I expected something far better, with or without Mika. Kate Nash's video is brilliant. I've watched it a hundred times.

I don't see what's the big deal, so he's not in the video, he's not in the Lollipop video either :dunno:

yes, I actually prefer his videos in which he does not feature - except for this one. (:teehee:) I think both Lollipop and Relax are great videos and fit the music, too.

Sorry but stating a video is funny is not an emotion, it's an observation. So I am curious to know what people are seeing that I'm not.

Define "good". :dunno:

:lmfao:

You gotta lurv it! It's soooo funny!

Aww I missed you! :roftl:

That's right, we don't have to be crazy about it, is just a video, and he will have many videos in the future to show up or not.

Exactly! It's just a freaking video, it's not that the world is about to end or something... :boxed:

No the world won't end but isn't this a thread in which to discuss the video and express our thoughts about it?

However if the world was about to end, you are right, sitting on the computer discussing dodgy videos would be the last thing on my mind :lmfao:

So what i did previously was an observation....:naughty:

I dunno...it just makes me feel good...

Specially that old guy dancing, i think he's funny...

C'mon don't be so hard on the guy, it's summer time, beach time, heat time, a video like this kindof refreshes the air...:mf_rosetinted:

Aww I missed you! :roftl:

Missed you too...

:huglove:

Archived