Elle me Dit video out on Tuesday Aug. 16 2011

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please point out to me the funny parts because I don't see it at all. Is it supposed to be funny when someone sings with a cactus or a big chess piece in their hand? Is it supposed to be funny when someone hits themselves in the face with a dumb bell or gets squirted with water? :dunno:

This is the worst video I've seen since the early 80s when no one knew how to make a video. I can't believe Mika would allow them to use this to represent his song. :shocked:

Thank God that Mika doesn't need our votes to do what he wants.

Absolutely! :roftl:

I liked the video. It was not made to be a work of art, as neither the song was, so...it's all coherent.

And I laughed ou loud with some of the dances there! :roftl:

And Mika is not in it...so what? Do we really need him in every single video?

Can someone please point out to me the funny parts because I don't see it at all. Is it supposed to be funny when someone sings with a cactus or a big chess piece in their hand? Is it supposed to be funny when someone hits themselves in the face with a dumb bell or gets squirted with water? :dunno:

This is the worst video I've seen since the early 80s when no one knew how to make a video. I can't believe Mika would allow them to use this to represent his song. :shocked:

That was my point as i really dont 'get it' at all. I do appreciate that Mika is busy with the new album etc but i really think something better could have been done.:dunno:

I liked the video. It was not made to be a work of art, as neither the song was, so...it's all coherent.

And I laughed ou loud with some of the dances there! :roftl:

And Mika is not in it...so what? Do we really need him in every single video?

Totally agree with you!!! :thumb_yello:

Well, Mika IS present in his video. The "mikasa" volleyball is his represantative.:mf_rosetinted:

I think the message of this video is just "live your life, do what you want, despite of your age and what others might think of your behaviour."

(The grandpa is cute:teehee: And he wears converse.)

At first I thought Mika was disguised as the grandpa:blush-anim-cl:

Thank God that Mika doesn't need our votes to do what he wants.

yes, exactly. He can do whatever he wants - and people will do whatever they want, too when it comes to buying his records.:thumb_yello:

Maybe he simply doesn't care and just focuses on the album instead of videos for the prematurely released French bonus tracks? :dunno:

Can somebody translate this, pleeeeaaase!

[YOUTUBE]SlOKnoQR5EA[/YOUTUBE]

I can't translate it all now, cause i'm on my ipod, but he talks about EMD, how he thought it was good for the summer, festivals, and he says he is a big fan of Fanny and that he adores the clip, he thinks it's funny. And he hopes we like it too. "check it out" ha.

Now I'm even more disappointed that he isn't in the vid 'cause I still hoped a bit it was a joke..

Okay that might have been a bit funny if it were true. :teehee:

That was my point as i really dont 'get it' at all. I do appreciate that Mika is busy with the new album etc but i really think something better could have been done.:dunno:

There is nothing to get. It's just bad. :roftl:

Thank you for posting the link though. I really do appreciate it as I was looking forward to seeing it whether the outcome was good or bad. :naughty:

Okay that might have been a bit funny if it were true. :teehee:

There is nothing to get. It's just bad. :roftl:

Thank you for posting the link though. I really do appreciate it as I was looking forward to seeing it whether the outcome was good or bad. :naughty:

Thank goodness we dont still 'shoot the messenger' :roftl:

Well, Mika IS present in his video. The "mikasa" volleyball is his represantative.:mf_rosetinted:

I think the message of this video is just "live your life, do what you want, despite of your age and what others might think of your behaviour."

Yeah, I thought it was Mika too, at first :D that would be cool.

It's not great, is it :blink: and the lack of Mika himself in it makes it worse, but I wasn't expecting much anyway so I really don't care much if I'm honest.

Music videos aren't the force they used to be anyway. Some of my favourite artists have made fantastically creative videos for their songs in the last couple of years and they haven't even been played on British TV and have done nothing at all for sales in this country, and have just languished on the internet (more often than not blocked for copyright reasons most of the time) and sometimes you just wonder, what's the point? Other than doing it for the sake of it because you want to be creative (valid reason btw). :blink: But equally, you might as well just spend the minimum effort and money and creative energy and stick any old rubbish out there for what actual effect it has on sales.

Can somebody translate this, pleeeeaaase!

[YOUTUBE]SlOKnoQR5EA[/YOUTUBE]

So, let's go.

"Hi, it's mika, the song "elle me dit" has been finished a couple of weeks ago & 48h after, it was played on the radio. It's probably the most quick transition that i got with one of my songs. It was not in my plans for the third album which, actually, is in english but which doesn't come out before 2012. There are some french songs in the bonus. But for the moment, we thought "why not ? It's very festive, fun... It's a good spirit and why wait ?"

So, we decided to make the song come out & we shoot a music video with the director K... (??) who is an australian woman. With, of course, Fanny Ardent's participation. I'm a big fan of Fanny &, in my visual references, we thought, with K..., of François Ozon & also Wes Anderson's movies. More particularly "the royal tenenbaums". I really like the music video. I think it's fun, I think it's the same spirit as the song. It's festive, pop but it's a little kind of weird but it makes me laugh & I hope that you like it too. So, that's it. "Elle me dit" on Youtube France. Check it out. "

Please, forgive me for my mistakes. I wish you can understand what I wrote even if I might be a little bit confused in my words.

Archived