Out of tune?

Douleur

The thing is, Sabine, if you say that some people think they are smarter than the rest, and tell others that it's not worth them speaking to them, people WILL feel offended and get upset. Or would you not get upset yourself if someone said that about you? :teehee:

I agree with you but try to understand how I felt about it this morning. Everytime I read a positive post which I shared the feeling I had to read a few negativ posts. That made me feel I have to excuse for loving the Compiegne gig, for loving the show with the clothes and pics and all the show elements and that made me angry and upset today. Reading negativ posts again and again gives me a very bad feeling. As I said I don´t mind if someone says they don´t like things but not again and again and again.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I totally agree with you Tiibet. I think a balance is important and if anyone hasn't seen me taking Mika's "side" over the years then you are either new around here, you haven't been reading my posts or you are letting personal feelings colour your perceptions. If someone came onto MFC saying that Mika was lip synching I would tear them a new...well, you know... :naughty: because I know that he doesn't and he's a great singer. If someone says that the WAG video is embarrassing/crap I will respectfully disagree with them because I love it.

I love Elle Me Dit. I think the video is lame. If anyone disagrees with me they are welcome to say so and plenty have so I don't see what the problem is.

Anyway Tiibet, you are very good at expressing your point of view and you have a lot of experiences to share so please don't shy away from it.

I wasn't going to post here ... but I had to quote this ... I've decided WAG is an embarrassingly crap video - which is why I secretly love it ... though I will never watch it with anyone else around nowadays ... I don't want anyone to think I'm a perv drooling over Mika in his underwear :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee:

I agree with you but try to understand how I felt about it this morning. Everytime I read a positive post which I shared the feeling I had to read a few negativ posts. That made me feel I have to excuse for loving the Compiegne gig, for loving the show with the clothes and pics and all the show elements and that made me angry and upset today. Reading negativ posts again and again gives me a very bad feeling. As I said I don´t mind if someone says they don´t like things but not again and again and again.

I can understand your frustration at reading something that you disagree with (in this case negative opinions) over and over again, but I think that a lot of us can feel the same way, for example, reading the opposite (drooling comments) over and over again :dunno: .

That doesn't mean that we can all fly off in anger and start attacking others, hurting their feelings by saying certain things though.

Also, the only reason why comments are posted again and again is because people (on both sides of the argument) are carrying on, so the other side feels the need to keep going, and it just carries on.

And to clarify, I am not fighting now, but just being very open and honest with you in saying that it really bothered me to read what you said. It wasn't an opinion on the discussion, but a very personal assumption on some of us, and really not the sort of thing that I was expecting to read, and much less coming from you.

Anyway, moving on and all that jazz...

I hope you are not referring to my posts because this is definitely _not_ what I wanted to say? I'm just asking because I can't remember who said things you mentioned :blush-anim-cl: I think it's quite natural that every musician needs to practice (even I don't know much about music). What I wanted to say though is that I don't mind if his new songs are not perfect/totally polished when he performs them for the first time (this time he wasn't totally rehearsed) because it means we can see the process. We can actually watch how the song gets better time after time and I find it really interesting. I understand how someone who can see only one show wants to see the best. On the other hand, we talk practically about one song (I'm talking about BIOTW). Most average listeners don't mind if he is doing one song not totally rehearsed. But many fans actually enjoy watching the process I mentioned above.

I was very happy he did BIOTW and EMD in English even he had some problems with lyrics etc. I still think myself as a fan who goes to his concerts because of his music, of course. Also, I enjoyed watching the Marie Antoinette set because it was a good set and it made me proud of him. He is not only a singer, he is an artist in many ways. His music is still the first and the most important reason why I want to see him.

There are some other elements in his shows too. He is a performing artist, so his "stage presence" (I don't know how to call it in English) is a huge part of his shows. He has a very special ability to be on stage and share energy, it's really a huge part of his live shows. I would say everyone who goes to his concerts enjoy it. I can't believe many people follow him "regardless of his music" (how could they, he has an amazing voice!!! ) but I can say I personally follow him regardless of his clothes or show elements. I enjoy his singing whether he is wearing jeans, tights or whatever. I just don't care his clothes that much. Instead I try to think in a positive way. He loves fulfilling his ideas, so he should do it. I just wait and hope we can see him more with his piano in the future. Is it wrong?

(God, I'm still posting. This thread is bothering me :teehee:)

I'm quoting the bolded part because I wanted to use a case in point, with Rain.

The first time he performed it in it's rawest form at PDP, like with BIOTW, he got a mixed reaction. But subsequently, as time went on, the album came out, he performed it on the tour, and a lot of the negatives became positives, as he had polished it up, and made it into a fantastic dance track.

Now I'm not saying that BIOTW will become a dance track:naughty:, but if he uses a similar process to polish it up and iron out the rough edges, maybe that too in time will change some peoples minds about it, maybe even those liking the present version might hate the new version. We will see in time.

The first time he performed it in it's rawest form at PDP, like with BIOTW, he got a mixed reaction. But subsequently, as time went on, the album came out, he performed it on the tour, and a lot of the negatives became positives, as he had polished it up, and made it into a fantastic dance track.

Now I'm not saying that BIOTW will become a dance track:naughty:, but if he uses a similar process to polish it up and iron out the rough edges, maybe that too in time will change some peoples minds about it, maybe even those liking the present version might hate the new version. We will see in time.

I totally agree with you :thumb_yellow:

Rome wasn't built in a day :wink2:

Argh, I didn't mean for the thread to be perceived that way, and I didn't want all the fighting. I was just worried something might be happening to his voice... :emot-sad:

He did have serious ear problems at some point :shocked:

We sure don't want that to happen again :shocked:

Yes, I was thinking of Rain when I wrote it. I loved Rain since PDP and I have loved every version of it, especially acoustic but also the latest one he did at festivals. And when I heard Karen I knew I immediately I would love it even more. And I knew in Compiegne BIOTW is a beautiful song and I started to look forward to hear it again and I was very happy to hear the version he did in Nyon (though BIOTW will never be my personal favorite the same way like Karen). I'm sure BIOTW will be very different on album and I'm excited to hear it.

Argh, I didn't mean for the thread to be perceived that way, and I didn't want all the fighting. I was just worried something might be happening to his voice... :emot-sad:

The voice is an instrument just like a violin or a trumpet - it needs training and practice to be in top form - something WAS happening to his voice, but many of us would like to think that with more training and rehearsal, these sorts of occasions would be rare.

I am sure if a backing vocalist did not perform at the level the boss expected (apart from the occasional blip/bad night) then the employee would not be surprised to no longer be employed in that capacity. I am also sure that the employees cannot freely say to the boss he needs to rehearse more or polish up his vocal prowess. :teehee:

Luckily we are not employees, so there is nothing wrong with us making comments or criticisms on a fan forum. Personally I am thankful Mika doesn't come out wearing costumes made of raw meat, but what if he did? It's considered by some as a form of art - it doesn't mean all fans will like it. I am sure not all of Lady Gaga's fans like the sorts of costumes and shows she comes up with, and not all fans like all her songs, but people can still choose whether they buy her CDs, go to her shows etc. Some people like the spectacle and some prefer just straight music. But certainly expecting the music to be rehearsed and performed at a professional level is a no-brainer.

I have enjoyed this discussion and the life it has injected back into MFC. I enjoy hearing the perspective of people who have been present at so many shows, because I am precluded from going to that many!

And if anyone doubts the genuine love of the (occasionally critical) fangurls, have a listen to a few of them at the premier of Kick Ass. Nobody noticed if he was out of tune, nobody would have cared if he forgot lyrics....we thought it was just BRILLIANT at the time. :fangurl:

[YOUTUBE]lZBb8-MUXW0[/YOUTUBE]

I have enjoyed this discussion and the life it has injected back into MFC. I enjoy hearing the perspective of people who have been present at so many shows, because I am precluded from going to that many!

I just wanted to say that I feel the same way. When I log in it makes me happy to have something to read... other than :fangurl:

People who have been critical in this thread are as far as I know also the same people who have been following Mika for a very long time and I wouldn't for a second question their loyalty against him.

And besides, history has proved that Mika some times have been listening to constructive criticism and changed a thing or two in his performances, all for the best!:wink2:

After all.. he is new in this line of work, a baby in the music industry, as he said himself in an interview, maybe he needs all the help he can get to steadily improve?

I started quoting like 15 pages ago :mf_rosetinted: never expected you to talk that much!! :aah:

Well, first of all, I love all your comments (well, most of them). I can´t compare this fanclub with anyother since I´m not logged in any other fanclub, but what I love of THIS forum is that here,every one can say what they think. Thank you mods at this point to take care of the site FOR FREE. What I most like from MFC is that we are not DROOLERS who only post pics and bow over him at every single step he takes. We are CLEVER and we can discuss anything POLITELY. I am proud of being an MFCer.Being a fan means (IMO) that you follow someone´s career. So, if I follow his career from close, as most of us do, I think I´m in position to judge it. I´m an adult, I´m in a forum where I can post what I want, and many intelligent people around me can agree or disagree, so we can have a interesting chat. I find pointless coming to a forum to say: "Oh,Mika sing like God, does amazing performances and his vids are unique!!! :pinkbow:". Sorry, but if MFC were like this, probably I had run scared the very first day as I did from other forums. I don´t want anyone here to tell me what I can or can´t say. I fangurled over Mika and thought he was straight, and thought he was the best person in this world during 15 days. Not anymore. Sorry, he´s good-looking, he´s amazing, he CAN sing and write music, but he´s a human being, he fails sometimes and his career can be discussed, thank God.

Is his fanclub only to drool over him? cause we already have the mikagasmics thread... no one says a critical word there. But when I see a thread where people who are fans from the beginning start posting it makes me feel proud. If these people are still here, after lots of gigs, lots of experiences, lots of chats with him etc, it´s cause Mika is worth. I´d love all fans were in the same boat, of course, which one is the right boat? the one which is going to see how amazing he is all the time? Or the one which is saying he´s failing at some points?

Seriously... you really think that Mika would take a look at this forum if we only posted amazing pics and were all the time saying how amazing he is?? If he ever lurked here it´s cause he found here clever people commenting clever on his stuff. I can´t imagine Bieber fans doing what we do here. We care of his career, that´s why we don´t want him to fail.

Erm... ok Im typing as it comes to my mind so maybe it has no much sense, but anyway, I love to discuss and I´m sure that all these chats are the reason for many fans to be here for that long. For the ones who will be, thank you for staying, I love people who I can talk about Mika with and they don´t :shocked: at me if I say that for me, this summer tour didn´t worth. I repeat myself, what I loved from Porto was THE PEOPLE I MET THERE, but I can perfectly forget the gig. On the other hand, I liked the Benidorm one. Am I a bad fan because of this? well, I pay my tickets, buy my cds and stuff... I consider myself a fan.... good or bad... it depends....

Rosa, what a great post. I think you have it all covered!

There's not much discussion to be had if people agree all of the time.

The only thing I'd say is if others disagree with you, it's not personal. I don't always agree with everyone by a long chalk but I don't have a beef with those people personally. To the contrary, many of them I like very much.

Rosa, what a great post. I think you have it all covered!

There's not much discussion to be had if people agree all of the time.

The only thing I'd say is if others disagree with you, it's not personal. I don't always agree with everyone by a long chalk but I don't have a beef with those people personally. To the contrary, many of them I like very much.

Yes, that´s what happens in the gasmics... if all of we post sexy hot pics of him, we all agree, so it´s that easy for me. If you want to find a way to agree with everybody, go there, drool over a body, and be happy :biggrin2:. But if you want to "learn" and to share opinions, well, now this is the thread, and tomorrow maybe there´s a new one. I too agree and disagree with many people, and I know there are people who like some people and dislike some others, but if we all are polite, sure we find a way where all of us agree: WE LOVE EXPRESS OURSELVES. I just need to respect the way you express yourself, and you just need to respect the way I express myself. For the rest, mods are always lurking.

love the way we stick together thourgh thick and thin (well mostly :aah:)

:group_hug: even you babsy... get in there!!!! :roftl:

You see?? a mod lurking. :aah: :aah:

we are stick together thanks to Mika-glue :roftl:

Yes, that´s what happens in the gasmics... if all of we post sexy hot pics of him, we all agree, so it´s that easy for me. If you want to find a way to agree with everybody, go there, drool over a body, and be happy :biggrin2:. But if you want to "learn" and to share opinions, well, now this is the thread, and tomorrow maybe there´s a new one. I too agree and disagree with many people, and I know there are people who like some people and dislike some others, but if we all are polite, sure we find a way where all of us agree: WE LOVE EXPRESS OURSELVES. I just need to respect the way you express yourself, and you just need to respect the way I express myself. For the rest, mods are always lurking.

You see?? a mod lurking. :aah: :aah:

we are stick together thanks to Mika-glue :roftl:

mwahahahahahah this made me laugh so hard.

for the rest...ummmm........errrrrrr.....yes, the same.

everything has been said and done, but I understand that REPETITA JUVANT :biggrin2:

The voice is an instrument just like a violin or a trumpet - it needs training and practice to be in top form - something WAS happening to his voice, but many of us would like to think that with more training and rehearsal, these sorts of occasions would be rare.

I am sure if a backing vocalist did not perform at the level the boss expected (apart from the occasional blip/bad night) then the employee would not be surprised to no longer be employed in that capacity. I am also sure that the employees cannot freely say to the boss he needs to rehearse more or polish up his vocal prowess.

Luckily we are not employees, so there is nothing wrong with us making comments or criticisms on a fan forum. Personally I am thankful Mika doesn't come out wearing costumes made of raw meat, but what if he did? It's considered by some as a form of art - it doesn't mean all fans will like it. I am sure not all of Lady Gaga's fans like the sorts of costumes and shows she comes up with, and not all fans like all her songs, but people can still choose whether they buy her CDs, go to her shows etc. Some people like the spectacle and some prefer just straight music. But certainly expecting the music to be rehearsed and performed at a professional level is a no-brainer.

And if anyone doubts the genuine love of the (occasionally critical) fangurls, have a listen to a few of them at the premier of Kick Ass. Nobody noticed if he was out of tune, nobody would have cared if he forgot lyrics....we thought it was just BRILLIANT at the time.

[YOUTUBE]lZBb8-MUXW0[/YOUTUBE]

Totally agree with your post, Iona, and highlighted my prefered bits, but what on earth made you post this video again, of us being so pathetic :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

The thing that I must say though, about this Kick Ass performance, is that he was way more polished than BIOTW, IMO, and that the song had more potential itself.

Plus, he didn't really mess it up or need a lyrics sheet, did he? I notice that he even adapted some of the recorded higher notes and sang them in a lower register here in your video, which means tht he had done some thinking about it....

BIOTW, on the other hand, seemed totally improvised on his part, but funnily Ida knew the words and seemed pretty professional about it :mf_rosetinted: .

Was she rehearsing the song whilst he was getting fitted for his Napoleon tights or choosing pictures for his set? :teehee:

I just wanted to say that I feel the same way. When I log in it makes me happy to have something to read... other than :fangurl:

People who have been critical in this thread are as far as I know also the same people who have been following Mika for a very long time and I wouldn't for a second question their loyalty against him.

And besides, history has proved that Mika some times have been listening to constructive criticism and changed a thing or two in his performances, all for the best!

After all.. he is new in this line of work, a baby in the music industry, as he said himself in an interview, maybe he needs all the help he can get to steadily improve?

Thanks for your post, Sienna, I agree with what you said there. And, you know, not only has he listened in the past, but he's actually asked people directly for feedback/criticism sometimes. Without prompting, just him asking.

I started quoting like 15 pages ago never expected you to talk that much!!

Well, first of all, I love all your comments (well, most of them). I can´t compare this fanclub with anyother since I´m not logged in any other fanclub, but what I love of THIS forum is that here,every one can say what they think. Thank you mods at this point to take care of the site FOR FREE. What I most like from MFC is that we are not DROOLERS who only post pics and bow over him at every single step he takes. We are CLEVER and we can discuss anything POLITELY. I am proud of being an MFCer.Being a fan means (IMO) that you follow someone´s career. So, if I follow his career from close, as most of us do, I think I´m in position to judge it. I´m an adult, I´m in a forum where I can post what I want, and many intelligent people around me can agree or disagree, so we can have a interesting chat. I find pointless coming to a forum to say: "Oh,Mika sing like God, does amazing performances and his vids are unique!!! ". Sorry, but if MFC were like this, probably I had run scared the very first day as I did from other forums. I don´t want anyone here to tell me what I can or can´t say. I fangurled over Mika and thought he was straight, and thought he was the best person in this world during 15 days. Not anymore. Sorry, he´s good-looking, he´s amazing, he CAN sing and write music, but he´s a human being, he fails sometimes and his career can be discussed, thank God.

Is his fanclub only to drool over him? cause we already have the mikagasmics thread... no one says a critical word there. But when I see a thread where people who are fans from the beginning start posting it makes me feel proud. If these people are still here, after lots of gigs, lots of experiences, lots of chats with him etc, it´s cause Mika is worth. I´d love all fans were in the same boat, of course, which one is the right boat? the one which is going to see how amazing he is all the time? Or the one which is saying he´s failing at some points?

Seriously... you really think that Mika would take a look at this forum if we only posted amazing pics and were all the time saying how amazing he is?? If he ever lurked here it´s cause he found here clever people commenting clever on his stuff. I can´t imagine Bieber fans doing what we do here. We care of his career, that´s why we don´t want him to fail.

Erm... ok Im typing as it comes to my mind so maybe it has no much sense, but anyway, I love to discuss and I´m sure that all these chats are the reason for many fans to be here for that long. For the ones who will be, thank you for staying, I love people who I can talk about Mika with and they don´t :shocked: at me if I say that for me, this summer tour didn´t worth. I repeat myself, what I loved from Porto was THE PEOPLE I MET THERE, but I can perfectly forget the gig. On the other hand, I liked the Benidorm one. Am I a bad fan because of this? well, I pay my tickets, buy my cds and stuff... I consider myself a fan.... good or bad... it depends....

Excellent post, in my opinion, Rosa. Totally agree with it all, so I just quoted you entirely :roftl:

love the way we stick together thourgh thick and thin (well mostly :aah:)

:group_hug: even you babsy... get in there!!!! :roftl:

OMG Babsy? She's gonna slap you now :roftl:

I have followed this discussion just like I follow almost every discussion (or shall I say 'debate') here on the MFC; I haven't posted anything because... well I don't know why but there are moments when I'm not very chatty. But right now I'm just popping in as a reaction to Rosa's post : I completely agree with you! and I just absolutely love the MFC for all you mentioned and can't spend a day (well ok, maybe a few days :teehee:) without logging in anymore, because it can get so interesting! Even when it's quiet Mikawise (did I make that word up??)

And being a much more recent fan than a lot of people whose interesting posts I can read, I always feel like I'm 'learning' so much from my reading. I wouldn't learn much if all the posts I could see said 'Mika's amazing :fangurl:'

To finish I would like the starter of this thread not to blame herself because she actually created a thread that proved to be more than interesting.

Strange thing for a newbie to say :teehee:

I quote you here cause one of your post 56 pages ago was the one I first quoted, but since subject changed, I deleted it.

I agree, Mika should learn the lyrics to his songs. I think it´s what singers do anyway :mf_rosetinted:. But I disagree (HEY, I´M DISAGREEING WITH SARA AND THE WORLD IS NOT ENDING!!!:shocked:) about the costumes. I think Mika gives his mom the idea of the costumes, and stuff, and he forgets about it. I don´t think he´s all the day at mom´s house stalking if she´s sewing it fine or not. I think he is focused in writting new songs or whatever what he is focused in (or on :aah:) and he skips everything: learning lyrics and of course costumes or set. The set being fine doesn´t mean that Mika worked on it (I think it´s just the opposite :roftl:) but that anyone out of Mika took charge of it :aah:.

I quote you here cause one of your post 56 pages ago was the one I first quoted, but since subject changed, I deleted it.

I agree, Mika should learn the lyrics to his songs. I think it´s what singers do anyway :mf_rosetinted:. But I disagree (HEY, I´M DISAGREEING WITH SARA AND THE WORLD IS NOT ENDING!!!:shocked:) about the costumes. I think Mika gives his mom the idea of the costumes, and stuff, and he forgets about it. I don´t think he´s all the day at mom´s house stalking if she´s sewing it fine or not. I think he is focused in writting new songs or whatever what he is focused in (or on :aah:) and he skips everything: learning lyrics and of course costumes or set. The set being fine doesn´t mean that Mika worked on it (I think it´s just the opposite :roftl:) but that anyone out of Mika took charge of it :aah:.

I agree with you :wink2:

The thing that I must say though, about this Kick Ass performance, is that he was way more polished than BIOTW, IMO, and that the song had more potential itself.

Plus, he didn't really mess it up or need a lyrics sheet, did he? I notice that he even adapted some of the recorded higher notes and sang them in a lower register here in your video, which means tht he had done some thinking about it....

BIOTW, on the other hand, seemed totally improvised on his part, but funnily Ida knew the words and seemed pretty professional about it :mf_rosetinted: .

Was she rehearsing the song whilst he was getting fitted for his Napoleon tights or choosing pictures for his set? :teehee:

maybe he just day of show randomly said "let's do the new song BIOTW!" but he needed to rest his voice so he couldn't practice but Ida could :dunno: his head must be full of lyrics so i can understand the use of the lyric sheet; better safe than sorry!

if he still needs a lyric sheet for this song & messes it up in say, January, then i'll be a bit more concerned

Archived