Mika at NRJ Music Awards 2012 - 28/1/2012

Miro

The bastard!

Great friend, uh, Mika? With friends like these who needs enemies???

Well Perez doesn't do everything single handedly and the post has been deleted so I would guess someone else put it up and Perez deleted it. :dunno:

I wonder what really happened during his performance. I can't understand why he would agree to sing playback, we know how he thinks about and it's not that the organizers asked for it (at least they didn't ask the other artists to do it). It looked he started as usual? I saw later his lips were not sync with his singing but I thought the reason is the bad quality livestream and that the sound is not in sync :doh: It never came to my mind that he would sing playback.

Maybe something technical happened during the performance? And if so, probably the live audience realized it too. For me his performance in general looked just fine and he gave a good impression with the interviews etc. Okay, he didn't hear all the questions :roftl: but he looked happy, relaxed and also pleased and surprised after his winning.

He has done a lot of concerts in France and I assume people there know he is a good live performer, so I don't think one gala singing (even not one of his bests) can do that bad for his reputation? And it's only positive he can't lip sync? :teehee:

Edit: Oh, just saw your post, Christine! That makes sense, whatever happened, I'm sure there is a reason.

Edited by tiibet

Mika Underwhelms At The NRJ Awards

Hmm, we're not sure about this performance, but he is fun to watch. Mika performed his song Elle Me Dit, which is a hit in France, for the crowd at the 2012 NRJ Awards in Cannes. Too bad his lip syncing is off! LOLz!

:boxed:

too bad but I kinda agree on this .. not only the playback but that live&perfo almost 'Killed' Elle me dit the song... better to show his 'BEST' when have chance to be that TV stage...

too bad but I kinda agree on this .. not only the playback but that live&perfo almost 'Killed' Elle me dit the song... better to show his 'BEST' when have chance to be that TV stage...

It looked like an NRJ show and not a Mika show... Maybe he didn't have his usual freedom to do things? Those dancers?? Mika looked really cute dancing, but it was quite funny :teehee:

I still think he looked really good and actually very relaxed and not stressed. Sometimes we can see from his face that he is not pleased with technical problems.

Perez (or someone from his site) always write things like that. I don't think people take it seriously (at least I hope so). I'm still glad they deleted it.

Technical issues are very probable. He had to sing WAG twice at a Dutch tv show because of issues.

I doubt it was his idea to playback because that does not sound like him at all. We don't know what the reason is, but it wasn't that good.

That being said, I do hope it was not Perez himself who posted that. I can understand he needs to be a bitch on his blog, but I would value my friendship more than being so nasty to a friend, even if it would be my job.

Look this happened to him once before and he told a small group of us about it afterwards. I was never sure if this was something he said in semi confidence or that he had hoped we would spread the word. But I guess I will never believe that Mika tells fans "secrets" so I suppose I will post it :naughty:. As I said earlier the band was not with him at all so he required some sort of background recording for the music. Apparently they had the wrong track (I guess with his main vocals on it) and Mika refused to lip sync. They basically told him that he will never appear on the network again if he didn't go through with it. :boxed:

I didn't notice anything wrong at the time because we could hear him singing in the studio and you can even hear him a bit on the TV broadcast. But the playback is overwhelming, as it is at the end of this NRJ performance. I guess these things happen and I am not going to criticize him for it :dunno:

Thanks Christine for telling us the truth!! I don't think that was Mika's choice to sing playback. He actually got his band with him at NRJ, but y he was lip sync? I think it's quite weird, if he chose to sing playback y he needed his band with him? *Live music and the playback is hard to play perfectly together...isn't it!?

I think the show isn't really bad at all, at least Mika looks good and happy! And the dance was cute:naughty: Anyway Mika is always our perfec man:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks Christine for telling us the truth!! I don't think that was Mika's choice to sing playback. He actually got his band with him at NRJ, but y he was lip sync? I think it's quite weird, if he chose to sing playback y he needed his band with him?

As Ingie said we don't actually know what happened but I am just sure that Mika was not thinking to himself "Oh I can't be arsed singing tonight so I am going to lip sync". It could have been out of his hands or maybe it was simply a mistake. He couldn't even hear the guy beside him properly ask him his name so maybe he couldn't hear what was going on with the playback. :dunno:

As Ingie said we don't actually know what happened but I am just sure that Mika was not thinking to himself "Oh I can't be arsed singing tonight so I am going to lip sync". It could have been out of his hands or maybe it was simply a mistake. He couldn't even hear the guy beside him properly ask him his name so maybe he couldn't hear what was going on with the playback. :dunno:

That sounds exactly like what happened with Bruce Forsythe at the National Television Awards last week, when giving Jonathan Ross his award. He kept saying he couldn't hear anything, from the mics, and didn't think the audience could hear him. It took 5 min cringeworthy minutes before it was sorted out properly.

that was a lot to catch up on! i can't believe i missed it all :blush-anim-cl:

my random thoughts...

Well, maybe he changed his name since last time we saw him... maybe his new name is "Not Bad"

*thinks of Friends episode where Pheobe changed her name to "princess consuela banana hammock" :mf_rosetinted:

immediately made me think of the movie Idiocracy, when Luke Wilson's character mistakenly tells the arm barcoding machine his name is Not Sure so everyone calls him that for the rest of the movie :roftl:

Exactly my point. I think that's what caused him to turn to France. I obviously can't say for sure, but he did try so hard with KA and he did say somewhere, that he wanted everyone to get behind the song (or words to that effect) but another sad thing was that when KA was released onto DVD, I thought the music video would have been on the bonus features so ppl could see Mika singing it, but it wasn't included.

In my honest opinion, Mika was badly let down by whoever was responsible for the movie franchise and the radio stations

i bought the dvd hoping for that too, it still pisses me off that the KA video's not on the DVD! why'd they even make a video for the song if it's not gonna be on the DVD?!?!?

Sorry for returning to the "Mika's performance" topic, but I want to say something.

Yes, it was pretty bad, I agree. But as a fan I can forgive him all that playback thing as long as he's not doing it at his own concerts. But if I were a casual NRJ awards viewer, I would get a really bad impression about Mika and would never consider a possibility about going to one of his gigs, because that night Mika performed in the same level as Britney, or even worse, since Britney at least can lip sync, while Mika really can't do it (I see that as a good thing, actually :naughty:).

And what Perez wrote (and later deleted, but others bloggers were fast enough to copy it) isn't really helping :sneaky2:

So I have one question for Mika: what were you thinking, boy?? :aah:

i think the syncronized back-up dancers really give that impression. i get why they had back-up dancers i guess because he sings 'danse danse danse' and all, but i'd have prefered if the back-up dancers were each doing their own dance like at a party. i think that way would fit the spirit of the song so much more!

Well Perez doesn't do everything single handedly and the post has been deleted so I would guess someone else put it up and Perez deleted it. :dunno:

i hope so :thumb_yello: Perez seems to be one of the few people who really tries to promote Mika in the US

It looked like an NRJ show and not a Mika show... Maybe he didn't have his usual freedom to do things? Those dancers?? Mika looked really cute dancing, but it was quite funny :teehee:

I still think he looked really good and actually very relaxed and not stressed. Sometimes we can see from his face that he is not pleased with technical problems.

Perez (or someone from his site) always write things like that. I don't think people take it seriously (at least I hope so). I'm still glad they deleted it.

Mika seems to be such a prefectionist, those tech problems must have been killing him :(

hopefully the only reason he'd choose to lip sync is if something's wrong with his voice :blink:

Will be there a livestream too? If yes, please give us a link :wink2:

I'll try to find a link. But I have to add, I just know that they broadcast a documentary about the NMA backstage including exclusive interviews; I don't know for sure that there will be Mika..

I'll try to find a link. But I have to add, I just know that they broadcast a documentary about the NMA backstage including exclusive interviews; I don't know for sure that there will be Mika..

Thank you for looking :wink2:

hopefully the only reason he'd choose to lip sync is if something's wrong with his voice :blink:

I think he would cancel in that situation, not lip sync. I think he really feels very strongly about it. We didn't see him until a couple of days after the TV show and he brought it up so it must have been bothering him. And that business with the critic in LA accusing him of miming was...ugly. Greg Wells basically tore the guy a new one and Mika had to publicly defend himself on Twitter.

Originally Posted by camille* View Post

Saturday at noon , Mika gave an ITW to NRJ 12 (pictures with "egg" seat ;) )

It's a good thing I have a day off tomorrow so I can read this entire thread. :naughty:

I saw the performance and Mika accepting his award today. I thought he looked adorable with the hair and the outfit and the dancing, but I was slightly disappointed. I'm not really sure what to think about it. :dunno:

Even with the performance being a bit of a downer it was good to see him. And I loved how he looked so genuenily surprised when he won the award, it was adorable. The whole "not bad, thanks" clip made me cringe though, poor Mika. :aah::roftl:

I'm still a bit bummed I missed all of this when it was actually happening, but I'm glad it's all been collected to this one thread, it makes it so much easier to catch up. Thank you all! :flowers2:

I think he would cancel in that situation, not lip sync. I think he really feels very strongly about it. We didn't see him until a couple of days after the TV show and he brought it up so it must have been bothering him. And that business with the critic in LA accusing him of miming was...ugly. Greg Wells basically tore the guy a new one and Mika had to publicly defend himself on Twitter.

i think he'd do that for his own gig, but on a big awards show where he's only performing one song? i wasn't so sure :teehee:

i missed the story of all that! is there a thread explaining it all? ooooh wait a sec, is this what Mika was refering to at about 0:32 in

?

Great job ! Thank you ! :thumb_yello:

I have also this video of his arrival on the yacht.:mf_rosetinted:

[YOUTUBE]Xi5YzPnlprQ[/YOUTUBE]

We saw it. Thanks Meggy for keeping us updated on Twitter! :huglove:

and I think he was sooooooooo tired! or jet-lagged

As hen when Nikos asks him what is name, he answers "Ok I'm fine!"

What kind of question was that? Asking him what's his name? :shocked::boxed::blink: