Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, the thing is, the dates announced by festivals are NEVER confirmed until Mika's team says so. Festivals are known to jump the gun and announce artists, who in the end, will not be part of their lineups.

Sometimes it helps the ticket sales

So i say it's good news, it is now confirmed. :thumb_yello:

I think there are tons of people who don´t know about these dates :wink2:

Yes, I think Facebook is not for core fans, announcements are always too late for us, but there is a huge amount of people who didn't know this and I guess it's good to inform masses. Still, I wish they didn't hype it this way, an announcement would be enough.

Hope they will confirm everything soon!

I can't remember a time when people were so not-excited about gig announcements. :naughty:

I would be if I could go to them :mf_rosetinted: But it says he'll be performing new songs, so hopefully they will be really really new :naughty: Ones we haven't heard before.

Wait it gets better :pinkbow:

MIKA

We are pleased to announce that Mika is featured in the new book 'Christian Louboutin' to celebrate 20 years of his friend’s fabulous shoes! The book includes a foreword by John Malkovich, photographs by Philippe Garcia and David Lynch, and images of a host of stars including Dita von Teese, Kristin Scott-Thomas and Mika.

The book celebrates the designer’s stunning work and iconic red sole, making him one of the most influential shoemakers in the world - Christian has made many shoes for Mika for both on-stage and off!

Fans in London should head along to the incredible Louboutin pop-up shop at Selfridges (until 1st April). The book is available at Louboutin stores as well as on various sites online.

]I would be if I could go to them [/b]:mf_rosetinted: But it says he'll be performing new songs' date=' so hopefully they will be really really new :naughty: Ones we haven't heard before.[/quote']

ditto!:naughty:

MIKA

We are pleased to announce that Mika is featured in the new book 'Christian Louboutin' to celebrate 20 years of his friend’s fabulous shoes! The book includes a foreword by John Malkovich, photographs by Philippe Garcia and David Lynch, and images of a host of stars including Dita von Teese, Kristin Scott-Thomas and Mika.

The book celebrates the designer’s stunning work and iconic red sole, making him one of the most influential shoemakers in the world - Christian has made many shoes for Mika for both on-stage and off!

Fans in London should head along to the incredible Louboutin pop-up shop at Selfridges (until 1st April). The book is available at Louboutin stores as well as on various sites online.

this is brand. new. information :jawdrop:

:mf_rosetinted:

I can't remember a time when people were so not-excited about gig announcements. :naughty:

I would be if I could go to them :mf_rosetinted: But it says he'll be performing new songs, so hopefully they will be really really new :naughty: Ones we haven't heard before.

Not excited, not going to France, nice to know more new songs being debuted there.

MIKA

And do what? Miss my mortgage payments for a few months and buy a pair of shoes. Or do these people think that going to a shop full of stuff I don't want and can't afford - but hey it's full of shoes a friend of Mika designed - will make up for a gig in London? Whoever writes that **** are morons.

new on facebook:

"There have been lots of rumours flying around about shows, the album and other things going on with Mika this year. The best place to hear about all this and more is here on Mika's official Facebook page! We have many more announcements and a couple of competitions to come this week and over the next month, so stay tuned..."

LOOOOL! :roftl:

looking forward to the competition though. :biggrin2:

(they still didn't give away the fab eye ball shirts in a competition yet, or did they? :naughty:)

Edited by mellody

new on facebook:

"There have been lots of rumours flying around about shows, the album and other things going on with Mika this year. The best place to hear about all this and more is here on Mika's official Facebook page! We have many more announcements and a couple of competitions to come this week and over the next month, so stay tuned..."

LOOOOL indeed. :boxed:

And do what? Miss my mortgage payments for a few months and buy a pair of shoes. Or do these people think that going to a shop full of stuff I don't want and can't afford - but hey it's full of shoes a friend of Mika designed - will make up for a gig in London? Whoever writes that **** are morons.

Beyond ridiculous indeed :boxed:

I'm growing weary of "staying tuned" LOL :aah:

How about 'tune out'? :teehee:

Edited by suzie

new on facebook:

looking forward to the competition though. :biggrin2:

(they still didn't give away the fab eye ball shirts in a competition yet, or did they? :naughty:)

This is a bit hilarious indeed :teehee: But we still need to wait their confirmations for the summer dates before they are official. I hope it will happen this week!

Edited by tiibet

Why don't they just confirm all the gigs in just one post? :blink: They're not competitions or anything that need all this hype around them and the 'stay tuned' stuff. I think this is weird and I'm not even going to any of the shows :aah:

This is a bit hilarious indeed :teehee: But we still need to wait their confirmations for the summer dates before they are official. I hope it will happen this week!

you're right, but i wonder what stopped them from doing that today. probably it's this typical "keep up the suspense" thing that they have on all of those stupid tv casting shows - one reason why i don't watch those! :aah: if they hadn't posted anything about "exciting news", or if they had just written a list of the dates we already know, with an info like "we confirm that mika is going to play at those", i wouldn't have complained. but the way they do it just sucks. :sneaky2:

besides, mika tweeted:

in sunny London working on a Pharrell track, which is making me smile, then working with Greg Wells tomorrow, in London for the first time

have really enjoyed recording a lot of this record in London, totally different feel to LA. much happier working atmosphere & less lonely

good to hear from him - that's much better news than the facebook ones. :bleh: