Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What if you can't bring someone? It's the holidays, and during the festival season, so everyone seems booked up?

I'm sure you can find someone, non? Tell them you're bringing Melachi. :naughty:

It is a club, round Charing Cross, if my memory serves me correctly.

Yes it's between Embankment tube and The Strand.

MIKA

Just in case you hadn’t had enough news yet, we have more! MIKA will play LONDON HEAVEN!!

On 26th July Mika will take to the stage at London’s Heaven. The show is 14+ (under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult) and will be a spectacular and intimate performance at this legendary club. Tickets don’t go on sale til next Wednesday 20th, we’ll send you the links but in the meantime we have a very special competition for you...Instead of just a pair of tickets, this time we are looking for someone to come and review the show!

Do you fancy yourself as a budding music reporter? Want to be part of the action? We’re looking for someone to come and report on this first official Mika show for the new record. We’d like you to write an article about the songs, the show and the night in general and we’ll post it on Mika’s facebook page! And even better, you get to meet the man himself after the show… so if you fancy this, grab a friend and email mikacompetition@gmail.com with your name, age, name and age of your friend, address and contact number, plus a line telling us why you are the best person to be our official reporter at the show!

You’ll need to make your own way to and from the gig, doors are at 7pm and curfew is 10.15pm. Please send us your entries by Tuesday 19th 10pm, we’ll announce the winner next week! http://www.gigsandtours.com/Tour/MIKA

OMG! :swoon:

The best comp ever!!!

from Mika's fb again....

So as it becomes Summer again and Mika has announced lots of festivals and shows, we thought it might be time to do another project with you... Last year we did the Summer Snaps photo galleries on Facebook (for example below) and we got so many messages from you all saying you loved doing it, so we thought we'd do it again! For anyone who doesn't know what this is, if you are going to a see Mika live this summer, we want YOU to take pictures of yourself and your friends and send them to us! We want to see everything, your outfits, the dancing, all the fun of getting to the show and most of all we want to see you having a good time! We all know what Mika looks like, but this is also about you, the fans! So after each show, please send in your photos to mikacompetition@gmail.com and we'll pick the best ones and post them up in a gallery. Then anyone who cant go to a show still gets to see what happened and be part of it all... so, let's kick off with LOVEBOX in London on Sunday! Who's going? I have a feeling it's going to be a good one.............. x

from Mika's fb again....

So as it becomes Summer again and Mika has announced lots of festivals and shows, we thought it might be time to do another project with you... Last year we did the Summer Snaps photo galleries on Facebook (for example below) and we got so many messages from you all saying you loved doing it, so we thought we'd do it again! For anyone who doesn't know what this is, if you are going to a see Mika live this summer, we want YOU to take pictures of yourself and your friends and send them to us! We want to see everything, your outfits, the dancing, all the fun of getting to the show and most of all we want to see you having a good time! We all know what Mika looks like, but this is also about you, the fans! So after each show, please send in your photos to mikacompetition@gmail.com and we'll pick the best ones and post them up in a gallery. Then anyone who cant go to a show still gets to see what happened and be part of it all... so, let's kick off with LOVEBOX in London on Sunday! Who's going? I have a feeling it's going to be a good one.............. x

Hope I can get my phone to send them properly.

MIKA

Just in case you hadn’t had enough news yet, we have more! MIKA will play LONDON HEAVEN!!

On 26th July Mika will take to the stage at London’s Heaven. The show is 14+ (under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult) and will be a spectacular and intimate performance at this legendary club. Tickets don’t go on sale til next Wednesday 20th, we’ll send you the links but in the meantime we have a very special competition for you...Instead of just a pair of tickets, this time we are looking for someone to come and review the show!

Do you fancy yourself as a budding music reporter? Want to be part of the action? We’re looking for someone to come and report on this first official Mika show for the new record. We’d like you to write an article about the songs, the show and the night in general and we’ll post it on Mika’s facebook page! And even better, you get to meet the man himself after the show… so if you fancy this, grab a friend and email mikacompetition@gmail.com with your name, age, name and age of your friend, address and contact number, plus a line telling us why you are the best person to be our official reporter at the show!

You’ll need to make your own way to and from the gig, doors are at 7pm and curfew is 10.15pm. Please send us your entries by Tuesday 19th 10pm, we’ll announce the winner next week! http://www.gigsandtours.com/Tour/MIKA

My my, what an amazing competition! :shocked: Good luck everyone!

MIKA

that must be the greatest competition ever:shocked:

good luck everyone

from MIKA's fb:

So, the news you have all been waiting for... Mika's third album, "The Origin of Love," will be released internationally on September 16th 2012, preceded by single, "Celebrate" featuring Pharrell Williams.

“This single is what happens when you combine a 22 year old you find online, Fryars, with an extra-planetary Nick Littlemore and Pharrell Williams!” says Mika of ‘Celebrate’. “Written by me, Pharrell and Fryars and produced by Nick, this kind of collaboration is only possible when everyone throws themselves into it wanting to have fun and without any ego. This collective and open attitude was at the heart of ‘The Origin Of Love’. It’s an album about crazy love songs and tolerance. It was recorded in Miami and London but mostly in Fryars' north London bedroom studio!”

Featuring collaborations with Pharrell Williams, Empire of the Sun, Benny Benassi, William Orbit, Klas Ahlund (Robyn 'Body Talk) and Greg Wells (Adele) the album is a glorious follow-up to multi-million selling, "Life in Cartoon Motion," and, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much," that went Gold or Platinum in 32 countries

New songs will be debuted live at Lovebox tomorrow, festivals around the world throughout the summer and at Mika's London headline show at legendary club Heaven on 26th July.

from MIKA's fb:

So, the news you have all been waiting for... Mika's third album, "The Origin of Love," will be released internationally on September 16th 2012, preceded by single, "Celebrate" featuring Pharrell Williams.

“This single is what happens when you combine a 22 year old you find online, Fryars, with an extra-planetary Nick Littlemore and Pharrell Williams!” says Mika of ‘Celebrate’. “Written by me, Pharrell and Fryars and produced by Nick, this kind of collaboration is only possible when everyone throws themselves into it wanting to have fun and without any ego. This collective and open attitude was at the heart of ‘The Origin Of Love’. It’s an album about crazy love songs and tolerance. It was recorded in Miami and London but mostly in Fryars' north London bedroom studio!”

Featuring collaborations with Pharrell Williams, Empire of the Sun, Benny Benassi, William Orbit, Klas Ahlund (Robyn 'Body Talk) and Greg Wells (Adele) the album is a glorious follow-up to multi-million selling, "Life in Cartoon Motion," and, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much," that went Gold or Platinum in 32 countries

New songs will be debuted live at Lovebox tomorrow, festivals around the world throughout the summer and at Mika's London headline show at legendary club Heaven on 26th July.

they actually posted on a saturday!!:shocked:

good to finally get some confirmation on things..thanks 4P!:thumb_yello:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

My car broke down again (3 times in two weeks). I now realise the value of driving something that's not an old banger from the 60s. Defeated

Sherwin ‏@StrangeSherwin

@mikasounds what car is it???

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

@StrangeSherwin it's an Austin Healey Sprite 1966

enigmablue @mikasounds

It's nearly as old as I am, we do tend to break down more often but boy do we have style!

mikasounds @enigmablue

Ha! Love that

So true! :wink2:

Do you forgive him for the electronic music now? :teehee:

enigmablue @mikasounds

It's nearly as old as I am, we do tend to break down more often but boy do we have style!

mikasounds @enigmablue

Ha! Love that

I knew it was you, congrats! :thumb_yello:

enigmablue @mikasounds

mikasounds @enigmablue

Ha! Love that

Was that you? I thought so...

Congrats!!! :yay:

From FB :

MIKA

So just a little reminder that today Mika will play LOVEBOX! So to anyone who's coming along, don't forget to bring your cameras and take lots of pictures for the new SUMMER SNAPS gallery! We want to see pictures of you and your friends having fun, your outfits, your journey to the show, the lot! After the show, please send them to mikacompetition@gmail.com and we'll put the best ones up in next week. Hope it doesn't rain!

547236_10150908527893040_734643136_n.jpg