Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

I finally got an answer from Universal Music Austria on Facebook, they wrote:

vor 5 MinutenUniversal Music Austria

hallo Ines!

Ja, die single wird es auch bei uns geben, ein genaues veröffentlichungsdatum gibt es noch nicht, vorraussichtlich noch diesen sommer.

LG

Universal Music Austria

Hello Ines!

The single will be available here also, there is no exact release date, but presumably yet this summer

I just dicovered that I never ever could be a translator :shocked:

I translated it only analogously...

Yes I think the idea is to lift yourself out of the heartache and resolve the problems of the past by looking forward to a happy future. I get the impression Mika is the type to wallow in his misery a bit and this is the turning point. Time to turn it around and make things better.

Yes, that's along the lines I think as well. He said ages ago that he's lived a rootless existance. He doesn't have a place with all the fond memories of growing up.

Maybe the bit about, the trees he's planted, are a metaphore for the roots he's tried to put down since then. His house, his dog, his lover (if he has one) and generally, his life.

Giel Beelen kept his word and played Celebrate this morning on Dutch radio. He also mentioned TOOL will be out after summer.

:yay:

Oh ... and he liked the song. :thumb_yello:

Woot woot, having a happy Dutch moment!

Thanks for the information by the way!

I found the fragment on the 3fm site, it starts around 03.33.55 http://www.3fm.nl/gemist#/ajax/overlay/gemist/uitzending/ug/231621

For the non Dutch speaking people, here is a translation:

"Now something completely different...

I heard the song last night at Michiel (apparently another radio DJ at 3fm played the song for the first time) while driving my car and my thoughts where ‘tjonge jonge jonge’ (that’s positive). Where is the party, here is the party on the radio! The new song is called ‘Celebrate’. Aaah what a party! The new Mika... I have to say, I can hear a voice in the song, it must be Pharrell Williams, but I don’t recognise it at all. Anyway, it doesn’t really matter, it’s about Mika. His new album TOOL will be out after the summer, in September or something. This is the single...

(An other radio DJ, I guess Domien Verschuuren: Nice, Mika is one of my favourites, he can do a lot before I don’t like it...)

That’s true, but ‘Make you happy’ is just mwah mwah".

Well I'm happy 'Celebrate' will be played in the Netherlands! It's a small step for Mika to world domination, haha!

he came to meet us after his lovebox gig, yes. :wub2: in fact i did even remember that i wanted to ask him about the lyrics, but i was struggling with the words... couldn't remember the line "i say only if it's better" at that moment, so i first had to think of another way of formulating my question before talking any rubbish, and when i was finished thinking, he was already gone. :lmfao: i'm just too slow. :blush-anim-cl:

the interview is in the news board, a french video interview with cherie fm, the translations are there too. :thumb_yello:

You're lucky :teehee:

Haha, :roftl: Well if he had come to me my mind would have been blank too, and I would have just stared at him with my mouth open and I would probably drool too :aah:

Aha, thank you. i never check the news board :blush-anim-cl:

I finally got an answer from Universal Music Austria on Facebook, they wrote:

vor 5 MinutenUniversal Music Austria

hallo Ines!

Ja, die single wird es auch bei uns geben, ein genaues veröffentlichungsdatum gibt es noch nicht, vorraussichtlich noch diesen sommer.

LG

Universal Music Austria

Hello Ines!

The single will be available here also, there is no exact release date, but presumably yet this summer

I just dicovered that I never ever could be a translator :shocked:

I translated it only analogously...

You got answer :thumb_yello:

To which mail address did you send your mail?

You got answer :thumb_yello:

To which mail address did you send your mail?

I wrote a mail to their official mail adress, but there I got no answer.

Then I found out, that they have a site on facebook, and there I sent a message.

And the answer only took one day :biggrin2:

I wrote a mail to their official mail adress, but there I got no answer.

Then I found out, that they have a site on facebook, and there I sent a message.

And the answer only took one day :biggrin2:

But how did you find the mail address, I've been looking everywhere but I can't find it :blink:

Aha, well too bad I don't use facebook :sneaky2:

But how did you find the mail address, I've been looking everywhere but I can't find it :blink:

Aha, well too bad I don't use facebook :sneaky2:

I went to the site from Universal music Austria, found a link "contacts" and used the email adress I found...:dunno: easy to find...

I went to the site from Universal music Austria, found a link "contacts" and used the email adress I found...:dunno: easy to find...

Yeah, maybe if there's a website. Universal music sweden don't have one and at their facebook page they haven't an email address just their real address. :doh: But that's okay, I can make a 600km long trip to Stockholm tomorrow, just to ask them about Celebrate -.-

Woot woot, having a happy Dutch moment!

Thanks for the information by the way!

I found the fragment on the 3fm site, it starts around 03.33.55 http://www.3fm.nl/gemist#/ajax/overlay/gemist/uitzending/ug/231621

For the non Dutch speaking people, here is a translation:

"Now something completely different...

I heard the song last night at Michiel (apparently another radio DJ at 3fm played the song for the first time) while driving my car and my thoughts where ‘tjonge jonge jonge’ (that’s positive). Where is the party, here is the party on the radio! The new song is called ‘Celebrate’. Aaah what a party! The new Mika... I have to say, I can hear a voice in the song, it must be Pharrell Williams, but I don’t recognise it at all. Anyway, it doesn’t really matter, it’s about Mika. His new album TOOL will be out after the summer, in September or something. This is the single...

(An other radio DJ, I guess Domien Verschuuren: Nice, Mika is one of my favourites, he can do a lot before I don’t like it...)

That’s true, but ‘Make you happy’ is just mwah mwah".

Well I'm happy 'Celebrate' will be played in the Netherlands! It's a small step for Mika to world domination, haha!

Great :thumb_yello: Thanks for the update Annie and Wicky :huglove:

Celebrate not even released in England yet.:sneaky2: I hope it eventually is!

Good to see he's doing well elsewhere though.

They say, September 9th, but don't I know if it'll be played on the radio in the UK before then. I hope so.

The record company are making a right horse's-ass out of this song's release! It's not fair to Mika. The song should be out now, everwhere, so it can be a summer hit.

Sent an email to Itunes yesterday to ask when they will start to sell Celebrate in the Swedish store and now I received an answer. They are fast!

Unfortunately didn't eh answer my question :huh: But he answer my email really nice (or maybe it's a standard form?) and said that I could request it here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

So that's what I've done, so hopefully I'll be able to buy it soon.

They say, September 9th, but don't I know if it'll be played on the radio in the UK before then. I hope so.

The record company are making a right horse's-ass out of this song's release! It's not fair to Mika. The song should be out now, everwhere, so it can be a summer hit.

I sent an email message to Heart radio last night, to test the waters, haven't had a reply back yet.

Celebrate is #147 on French Itunes :huh: EMD is #144! :aah:

I think he will need promotion this time, EMD was a hit with him giving only a couple of radio interviews but it seems it won't work like that everytime :dunno:

Celebrate is #147 on French Itunes :huh: EMD is #144! :aah:

I think he will need promotion this time, EMD was a hit with him giving only a couple of radio interviews but it seems it won't work like that everytime :dunno:

I can't understand why they released this in France 3 months early with no fanfare. What was the point? :dunno: They at least need to put a video out there.